Ravens-Saints Gameday      LISTEN LIVE      You Pick The Team      Kickoff Week   

Photo

[News] Offensive Line Responds To Criticism

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,100 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

The offensive line had one of its best games of the season in the win over the Giants.

View the full article

#2 Bernie Mc1953

Bernie Mc1953

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

Again the offense impressed me,and seem to be getting there act together. And at the right time.

#3 mearzunkies

mearzunkies

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

Please keep on improving. If the Ravens can run the ball like that there is a good chance Joe will keep his numbers up as well!!

#4 HomeoftheBRAVENS

HomeoftheBRAVENS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

We need to improve our o line and d line in the offseason.We need a lg and Matt Birk and Terrence Cody MUST be replaced.

#5 B.more careful 111

B.more careful 111

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

the only reason why they dont want to play Mckennie is because his contract states that if he plays for more then 30% i believe (I could be wrong) he will get payed the amount his old contract was, but since he hasnt played any games hopefully they decide to start him in our way to the Superbowl

#6 MDpgRaven

MDpgRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

The Oline and Dline will be the Key to our Success in the post season, good luck Men we need you to step it up even more ad get 10% better against the bungles and 10% better in game 1

#7 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,268 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

It was nice to actually see Joe with a clean jersey after a game. The O-Line seems to have figured it out. The running game looked fantastic and Caldwell's play calling helped not only Joe's stats, but really helped get them into rhythm.

Just need to keep things going on the offensive side and the defense should be able to pin their ears back and come after everybody in the post-season.

~ Cosmic
No more "taking the foot off the accelerator" from here on out.

AND THEY SHALL KNOW NO GOOD OR PEACE, NOR SHALL THEIR SUFFERING EVER CEASE
logout.png
UNTIL THEY HUMBLY COME & BEG FOR MERCY ON THEIR KNEES, WHICH I MAY GRANT IF I SHOULD PLEASE

#8 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

They had 1 good game out of the past 5. Now they need to put up or shut up.

Get the streak going and lets reverse the fortune O-line!

#9 The Voice

The Voice

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

We will need McKinnie to make a SuperBowl run! Dog house or not! If not just look forward to another heart breaking strip sack fumble from Joe.

#10 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

I know this has already been debated and discussed but I want to see Oher back at his natural RT position, McKinnie coming out of his 'doghouse' to play LT and Bobbie Williams to play left guard.

#11 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,510 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

I will believe in the O Line fully, in whatever formation and positions they want to line up in, if they allow no sacks against the Bengals... that will be a good litmus test for our O-line heading into the post season....

I really think Oher is a very good player but is having confidence issues right now. But, I don't think putting McKinnie in at this point in the season is going to help us at all! He is presumably out of shape and is not very agile against really quick pass rushers. So, I say we maintain the line as is and hopefully they are really as good as they showed against the Giants.... water eventually reaches the right level. We'll find out before the first playoff game against Freeney and Mathis!

#12 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,510 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

I know this has already been debated and discussed but I want to see Oher back at his natural RT position, McKinnie coming out of his 'doghouse' to play LT and Bobbie Williams to play left guard.

What makes you so sure that RT is Oher's natural position? How come the coaches seem to think otherwise? He has played LT all through his career in college and has played LT for well over 2-3 yrs in pro-football! If the coaches think that he is best suited to be RT, they would have put him there, don't you think?
Baltimore Ravens - classiest organization in all of organized sport!

#13 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

The o-line is too often graded by sacks allowed. That to me is just a by-product of what the real test is and that is how well we RUN BLOCK. Yanda is the centerpiece to our run game, so you can consider him to be one of the most critical players on the team. If we run block well, we're able to play our game and the pass game falls into place.

As long as Yanda is a go, I like our chances against any team whose run defense is shaky. Those are teams we should dominate. Indy's D is #30. Cincy is #8. I know I've said I don't care who we play, but that stat would indicate Indy would be a better matchup.

#14 CxM_27

CxM_27

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

Hope them and the entire Offense can stay consistent...

#15 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

We will need McKinnie to make a SuperBowl run! Dog house or not! If not just look forward to another heart breaking strip sack fumble from Joe.

I just don't see McKinnie breaking into the starting group. Even when Yanda went down, McKinnie stayed on the sidelines.

As far as the "dog house" goes - I do think there are reasons why coaches have them. They need to have control and anyone who challenges that control threatens anarchy. You don't need the inmates running the asylum. That just doesn't work.

That being said, I think Harbaugh has long since made his point to Bryant and the only reason we're not seeing him on the field is based on what the coaches are seeing out of him in practice as it relates to his performance. If they felt he gave us a better chance to win, he'd be on the field - I guarantee it. So I think we just have to realize that McKinnie simply isn't what we dream he could be.

25p4y07.jpg

#16 a 31fan

a 31fan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

Was that really the best picture you could find to show how good the o-line did? lol I'm still proud of you guys, just keep it up!

#17 TheConquerorWorm

TheConquerorWorm

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

Was that really the best picture you could find to show how good the o-line did? lol I'm still proud of you guys, just keep it up!

That's the only picture they could find with Matt Birk blocking a top D-lineman

#18 fusuymada

fusuymada

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

I don't see how we can continue to kid ourselves thinking Oher is a good left tackle, he is barely serviceable and as popular as he is, after getting the majority of fan votes for his position the players and coaches said no, he is not good, just a show tackle, and he was out. Is it that the front office or coaches just can't accept that a player is not that good and regardless of the stats, facts, and video proof he sucks they just have a gut feeling. I know with his story it is hard, but he is a right guard not a left guard, never was, never will be. Three penalties in a row and we still scored in spite of him not because of hm.

#19 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

Am I the only one who saw Flacco get sacked on 3rd and goal from the 1? Did that not count as a sack or something?

#20 objective view

objective view

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

O-Line, To me it's pure execution! Look closely at the picture above. Jah is out of position, he should be peeled back even with Birk to close the lane to the left of Birk. This helps prevent Birks man from moving to his right and running around Birk. Marshall is properly positioned on the other side. Jah does not have a man on this play and seems to be out in left field daydreaming!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users