21 replies to this topic

#1 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

Mark Sanchez will start for the Jets after 3rd-string QB Greg McElroy received a concussion on 1 of his 11 sacks last wek. Tim Tebow has reportedly asked Rex Ryan not to be used after being turned into a laughingstock by the Jets' organization, a report Tebow denied yesterday. Offenive Coordinator Tony Sparano resorted to using WR Jeremy Kerley in the Wild Cat amidst Tebow's alleged mutiny and McElroy's smackdown. Sanchez had 5 turnovers -back-to-back and then back-to-back-to-back turnovers- to end the Titans game. Sanchez has turned the ball over more than over any other QB over the past 2 years, 3 more than Philip Rivers.
<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

#2 YYZ66

YYZ66

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

Glad to see he gets a chance to increase his turnover numbers this week!!

Hopefully he can get another turnover caused by the back side of an offensive lineman. That would be epic....

"Do you hear the sustain?"

"No, I don't hear anything."

"You would if it were playing."

#3 Mt. Crushmore

Mt. Crushmore

Crush Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,930 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

They play the Bills this week. In week 1 they played and Sanchez had his best game of the season going 19/27 for 266 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT, 0 sacks, 0 fumbles, 123.4 QB rating, and 97.1 QBR.

Mt. Crushmore always makes about a million posts in a minute.

I'd like to introduce myself. Mt. Crushmore, Correction Officer.

Twitter

#4 Guest_Moderator 6_*

Guest_Moderator 6_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

The Jets are a mess. I feel bad for Tebow.

#5 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,102 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

The Jets are a mess. I feel bad for Tebow.

why? He choose to go their, he had a choice he picked them over the jags, who knows why, me i think it was the media coverage he would get, but that's not the issue here.

He made the choice, no one to blame but himself.

#6 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

Posted Image

"Please Lord, get me out of here... PLEASE!!!"

~ Cosmic

WE RAISE OUR HEAVY GLASS TO YOU IN OUR INDESTRUCTIBLE DAYS
login.png
MAY HEAVENS CALL TO YOU, MAY STARS ALIGN AND LIGHT YOUR WAY

#7 Guest_Moderator 6_*

Guest_Moderator 6_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

why? He choose to go their, he had a choice he picked them over the jags, who knows why, me i think it was the media coverage he would get, but that's not the issue here.

He made the choice, no one to blame but himself.

I have seen no evidence to say he expecitly picked the Jets over the Jags. None the less, the Jets are abusing him. He is a half decent QB which is more than anyone can say about Mark Sanchez and the Jets are putting their 3rd string QB in over Tebow when Sanchez lays an egg. Tebow is the most positive person in the NFL today and the Jets are just abusing him.

#8 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

I have seen no evidence to say he expecitly picked the Jets over the Jags. None the less, the Jets are abusing him. He is a half decent QB which is more than anyone can say about Mark Sanchez and the Jets are putting their 3rd string QB in over Tebow when Sanchez lays an egg. Tebow is the most positive person in the NFL today and the Jets are just abusing him.

There were several reports that he did choose the Jets over Jags, but all those reports are opinion based, not fact based. Could you imagine Tebow in the AFC South? That would be a pretty good division with the Texans & Wade Phillips... Pagano, Luck & the Colts... Tebow & the Jags... I think he could put some faith into that team, have them winning ballgames late in the fourth quarter. They've got talent all around, just no one to point them in the right direction.

And so we don't get off topic too much... I don't care if Sanchez saves his job or not... but it would be nice if they keep him around long enough for us to beat the Jets for a fourth? (fifth?) straight time since Rex has left.

~ Cosmic

login.png

#9 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,102 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

denver came out and said he specifically choose the jets out of the interested teams.

Positive? He point blaked refused to play in the wildcat last week and then changed his mind on the Friday before the game. That's not positive, that's a cry baby and someone I'd never let lead my team if I was an owner.

He even charged people to have his autograph. Who does that. He's a total farce IMO. Religious no doubt, but he plays up to the media, he wants the attention and then can't even act like a true grown up professional when things go belly up.

#10 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,601 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

What difference does it make? The Jets are done, their FO is done. Rex squandered any good faith he had with his mouth and his record. The GM squandered any hope with terrible drafting / FA strategy on top of bringing in a crew of knuckleheads.

The team should be sold for scrap but we all know, with Woody Johnson, the product on the field doesn't matter as much as the publicity he gets for it.
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#11 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,389 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

What difference does it make? The Jets are done, their FO is done. Rex squandered any good faith he had with his mouth and his record. The GM squandered any hope with terrible drafting / FA strategy on top of bringing in a crew of knuckleheads.

The team should be sold for scrap but we all know, with Woody Johnson, the product on the field doesn't matter as much as the publicity he gets for it.

Some billionare should buy out the Jets organization and move to Virginia or something cuz the East has only 1 team which is the Redskins; they need another media team to overshadow the Dredskins. I know there is a Marylander team, the Ravens but nobody knows about it except us fans.....
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#12 SpiderWebb21

SpiderWebb21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

I've read several "reports" that he chose Jets over Jags as well, and I can only assume it was because he figured Jets would be a playoff team. I also heard that the Jags tried really hard to get Tebow there. Should be a certainty now. It would be a win/win. A win for Tebow because he would have a shot at starting and maybe uplifting the team, and possibly building an offense around him like the Skins did with RGIII and obviously a win for the organization because he would bring people to the stadium.

#13 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

I've read several "reports" that he chose Jets over Jags as well, and I can only assume it was because he figured Jets would be a playoff team. I also heard that the Jags tried really hard to get Tebow there. Should be a certainty now. It would be a win/win. A win for Tebow because he would have a shot at starting and maybe uplifting the team, and possibly building an offense around him like the Skins did with RGIII and obviously a win for the organization because he would bring people to the stadium.

Shahid Khan is salivating at the prospect of bringing Jacksonville's hometown hero to EverBank Field. Gators fans will welcome Tebow with open arms.
<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

#14 Guest_Moderator 6_*

Guest_Moderator 6_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

I think you guys are being too hard on Tebow, and not hard enough on Sanchez. You can never be too hard on him LOL.

#15 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:31 AM

I think you guys are being too hard on Tebow, and not hard enough on Sanchez. You can never be too hard on him LOL.

Posted Image

Haloti was plenty hard on Sanchez already. The look on his face after that play was priceless, he just looked done on all accounts. I know he was hurt, but he just looked ready to quit at that point.

login.png

#16 RisingandConquering

RisingandConquering

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

never gets old.

Posted Image

#17 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

never gets old.

Posted Image

Mark Sanchez's legacy in 3 words: The Butt Fumble! Pretty accurate barometer for the Jets in general, since the days of Broadway Joe.

#18 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,055 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

never gets old.

Posted Image

Makes me laugh every time I see it (and I've seen it like a thousand times).
15fqib6.jpg

#19 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

I wonder who they'll draft in the 1st round, a QB, receiver, or guard?

#20 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,147 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

Love the butt fumble
68f2a8.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users