Ravens Schedule Coming Today!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule today at 8:00 pm ET. More Info ยป
Close

Photo

Offensive Production / Improvement

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 callahan09

callahan09

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

With 1 game left to play, the 2012 Baltimore Ravens have scored 381 points, which currently makes this the 4th highest scoring Ravens team of all time, behind 2008 (385), and 2003/2009 (391 each).

Since we still have 1 game left to play, there's a chance that this could become the all-time highest scoring Ravens team. All they would need is 11 points, to eclipse 2003/2009, at 392 points.

We average over 25 points per game (18 on the road). and we have only failed to score 11+ points during 1 game this season (@KC), so it doesn't seem unlikely for this squad to become the new leader in Ravens scoring history.

The 2012 Ravens are also the 5th best Ravens squad in terms of offensive yards, with 5288, behind only 1997 (5291, need 4 yards to surpass), 2011 (5419, need 132 yards to surpass), 2009 (5619, need 332 yards to surpass), and 1996 (5723, need 435 yards to surpass).

We average 352 yards per game (298 on the road), so we are likely to surpass 2011 and become the third ranked offense in Ravens history in terms of yards produced. We have never failed to produced 132 yards in a game this season.

This team could possibly even surpass 2009 to become the second most productive offensive in Ravens history, though we have only produced 332+ yards on the road twice this season (however they were both in our last 2 road games, so it seems our road offensive production has been on an upswing in recent weeks).

We have surpassed 435 yards in 4 games this season (once on the road), so it's even slightly possible for this team to surpass the 1996 team to become the most productive Ravens offense of all time.

Flacco in 2012 has also had the second most yards in a single season for a Raven, at 3783, second behind only Testaverde in 1996 (4177 yards). He needs 395 yards to become the new Ravens single-season record holder. His highest game this year was 382 yards (NWE; on the road, 355 (@SDG)). His highest game of all time was 389 (@STL in 2011). He is unlikely to break this record.

#2 Sizzlebshu

Sizzlebshu

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,493 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

With 1 game left to play, the 2012 Baltimore Ravens have scored 381 points, which currently makes this the 4th highest scoring Ravens team of all time, behind 2008 (385), and 2003/2009 (391 each).

Since we still have 1 game left to play, there's a chance that this could become the all-time highest scoring Ravens team. All they would need is 11 points, to eclipse 2003/2009, at 392 points.

We average over 25 points per game (18 on the road). and we have only failed to score 11+ points during 1 game this season (@KC), so it doesn't seem unlikely for this squad to become the new leader in Ravens scoring history.

The 2012 Ravens are also the 5th best Ravens squad in terms of offensive yards, with 5288, behind only 1997 (5291, need 4 yards to surpass), 2011 (5419, need 132 yards to surpass), 2009 (5619, need 332 yards to surpass), and 1996 (5723, need 435 yards to surpass).

We average 352 yards per game (298 on the road), so we are likely to surpass 2011 and become the third ranked offense in Ravens history in terms of yards produced. We have never failed to produced 132 yards in a game this season.

This team could possibly even surpass 2009 to become the second most productive offensive in Ravens history, though we have only produced 332+ yards on the road twice this season (however they were both in our last 2 road games, so it seems our road offensive production has been on an upswing in recent weeks).

We have surpassed 435 yards in 4 games this season (once on the road), so it's even slightly possible for this team to surpass the 1996 team to become the most productive Ravens offense of all time.

Flacco in 2012 has also had the second most yards in a single season for a Raven, at 3783, second behind only Testaverde in 1996 (4177 yards). He needs 395 yards to become the new Ravens single-season record holder. His highest game this year was 382 yards (NWE; on the road, 355 (@SDG)). His highest game of all time was 389 (@STL in 2011). He is unlikely to break this record.

This is interesting. It seems that Cam had set us up to be the best we have ever been. Makes you wonder.

#3 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,150 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

This is interesting. It seems that Cam had set us up to be the best we have ever been. Makes you wonder.

Cam's offenses can be quite high powered when they work. The problem is his inconsistency, bad play calling, and commitment to the deep ball.

#4 Sizzlebshu

Sizzlebshu

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,493 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

Cam's offenses can be quite high powered when they work. The problem is his inconsistency, bad play calling, and commitment to the deep ball.

Agreed and I wasnt implying Cam was good. I was just saying Cam's system was really wild. When we won, we won covincingly (Oakland, Bengals etc...) but when we lost it was pretty bad so I guess that accounts for the highs.

#5 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

435 yards and 11 points to become the best Ravens offense of all-time. It's surprising people still want Flacco gone. Also I'm more looking forward to Flacco throwing for 217+ yards to hit the 4,000 mark. These are all numbers but it's still a nice consolation since I can throw it out there whenever people complain that Flacco is a bad qb.

Also, I am never really the grammar police but that double negative threw me off for a second. "doesn't seem unlikely". So it seems likely, lol. I had to say it just cause I needed to double take for a second.

#6 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

Interesting information indeed.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#7 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

Overall offense wasn't Cam's issue. Playcalling in crucial moments of the game and the inability to mix it up against a good defense was the problem. Cam is still an NFL OC he just doesn't know how to adjust his scheme to fit the players.

Also, being the best in Ravens history isn't a major feat considering we are still out of the top 10 in every major category. Just shows that Flacco and this offense is better than anyone we have ever had.

Edited by dhstandard, 27 December 2012 - 07:22 PM.

#8 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,587 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

Overall offense wasn't Cam's issue. Playcalling in crucial moments of the game and the inability to mix it up against a good defense was the problem. Cam is still an NFL OC he just doesn't know how to adjust his scheme to fit the players.

Also, being the best in Ravens history isn't a major feat considering we are still out of the top 10 in every major category. Just shows that Flacco and this offense is better than anyone we have ever had.

Yea, the system isn't broken just the scheme. For as much crap as Cam takes, you'd think the guy doesn't know offense. That's not the case, Cam is a really smart offensive mind, he just didn't relinquish enough control to take this offense to the next level. I was watching Turning Point and they broke down the Rice TD. They basically talked about how old the play is and how basically every offense uses it.

Anyway, they talked about how Cam learned the offense while coaching under Norv in Dallas. They mentioned how Jason Garret was the backup QB and when i look at Dallas now they basically run the same offense. The Chargers ran the same offense, and looking back to the older teams running the same system, they all had one thing in common that Cam got away from. Using the middle of the field.

I hear fans say trash the system, but it's not the system, it's the person running it putting his personal touch on it. Caldwell's touch seems to be the uptempo/no huddle approach. Each guy has his own way of running the offense, Cam wanted to take full advantage of Flacco's cannon arm, but never really seemed to understand Joe needing to get into that rhythm. Cam gets credit for being a great developer of QBs, however once developed, his record shows that those young QBs take that next step after getting from under Cam. Hopefully Joe does the same.

I think this offense has to be Joe's offense. Air Coyell, West Coast, Chuck and Duck, smash mouth, none of those terms should apply, because in each style offense forces players to conform. This needs to be Flacco's offense. Will you have principles from other offenses, yes, but it has to be designed around what Flacco likes. It has to be designed around getting him comfortable and then you can start to implement other facets.

I heard that cam's playbook is so large that even Flacco didn't learn it all until last year. So that means there is a large part of Cam's playbook that doesn't get used simply because he wasn't scheming well. I look for Caldwell to open up those areas of the playbook.
Posted Image

#9 omar586

omar586

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

We need to keep leach on the field at all times

#10 bmore187

bmore187

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

Cam should've been fired when he said " audibles are overrated "......lol, yeah okay buddy , go tell Peyton Manning that

Juan Castillo.....Michael Huff.........Gino Gradkowski......Michael Oher

RAVENS THAT MUST GO ^^^

#11 CosmicRedPanda

CosmicRedPanda

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,626 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

Just imagine the yardage totals if Caldwell had been calling plays the entire season. We would've eclipsed all those records before the final week of the season.

I want to see more of what Caldwell has in store, if it is anything like we saw last week, I wouldn't mind him becoming the new OC.

#12 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,975 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

Cam was a great trainer. All of our players were well prepared heading into the season and I appreciate how he developed Flacco. The problem was that his play calling was predictable. He always went for the big plays in the passing game, instead of giving Joe (who can be streaky) some easy high percentage passes to start drives and get in rhythm early in the game (works great when Joe starts out hot aka Bengals game and brings the offense to a halt when he doesn't aka Texans game) and he had the tendency to call the same plays over and over again (run-run-pass).

Edited by PolishRifle, 28 December 2012 - 10:09 AM.

bJNF689.jpg

#13 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,544 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

^ this! and i'd add his "relentless" commitment to the deep ball! lol!

~Mili

Militant X 1

mili1.png

"I AM THE RENEGADE.....I HAVE NO EQUALS!"

- MX1

#14 billick

billick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

That may be because of the offensive genuis of Brian Billick, and the great young kyle.
Offensive Genuis & Quarterback Guru

#15 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,320 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

Lol a Jets fan just said he wanted Cam Cameron to be the Jets' next OC!

Honestly, I am surprised that you (Poe) got second. After the draft I thought your team was doomed for failure.

You get used to it. Even posts that don't violate the rules aren't safe.

Ray Guy to the NFL Hall of Fame

#16 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,320 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

Pretty satisfied with BAL's offensive performance, considering they were facing an elite defense with their back-up players. They were 1 Tyrod Taylor pick-6 from winning the game.

Honestly, I am surprised that you (Poe) got second. After the draft I thought your team was doomed for failure.

#17 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,098 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

Lol a Jets fan just said he wanted Cam Cameron to be the Jets' next OC!

Cam would work well with a young quarterback - the problem is to know when your quarterback has matured enough that it's time to pull the plug on Cam - it should have happened with us, first after 2010, and definitely after 2011 when we signed him back.

#18 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,755 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

Cam would work well with a young quarterback - the problem is to know when your quarterback has matured enough that it's time to pull the plug on Cam - it should have happened with us, first after 2010, and definitely after 2011 when we signed him back.

With a young QB where he pigeon holes him into constantly throwing deep and horrible situational play calling?
Posted Image

#19 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,098 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

With a young QB where he pigeon holes him into constantly throwing deep and horrible situational play calling?

He really didn't do that his first few years, it was a lot more run game with McGahee, McClain, and Rice, and Flacco actually threw the majority of his passes in the short and intermediate range (that COULD have more to do with the lack of speed at receiver, though, forcing Cam to throw short). I think he could do similar things with another young quarterback, he's done it before. But who knows, if Joe explodes in the playoffs and then continues to show big improvements next season, people might look at Cam, say he was entirely the problem, and refuse to hire him again.

#20 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,320 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

He really didn't do that his first few years, it was a lot more run game with McGahee, McClain, and Rice, and Flacco actually threw the majority of his passes in the short and intermediate range (that COULD have more to do with the lack of speed at receiver, though, forcing Cam to throw short). I think he could do similar things with another young quarterback, he's done it before. But who knows, if Joe explodes in the playoffs and then continues to show big improvements next season, people might look at Cam, say he was entirely the problem, and refuse to hire him again.

I know 2 things: he annihilated the Miami Dolphins and he completely destroyed the Ravens' Super Bowl chances for many years by mismanaging the offense so badly. He never learned from his mistakes, either. If any other team wants him to coach their team to 1-15 or devolve their offense, I'd say by all means go ahead!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users