61 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:07 AM

Jones, Yanda make sense. Reed, Leach deserving? Harbs COY talk. Put Ravens on lie detector …

View the full article

#2 ravens4lifeson

ravens4lifeson

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

let the journey to the Super Bowl begin!!!

#3 RisingandConquering

RisingandConquering

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

I think the Bengals will match up pretty well against the Patriots and would not surprised if they upset them with AJ Green making some big plays.

For Sunday, I think they will play to win to keep the momentum going from last week but will obviously not want to show everything.

#4 Ray52&27

Ray52&27

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

Hopefully, none of them get to go to the pro-bowl. The Super Bowl is what we are after.

#5 TheRavengers

TheRavengers

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

I'm already looking forward to those games against the Packers and Vikings.

#6 budman

budman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

I beleive that Justin Tucker should have made the Pro Bowl.

#7 Tristan S.

Tristan S.

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

'The Fullback position is as useless as an appendix'.. tell that to Bernard Pierce when he busted off that huge run on the Giants.. pretty sure that Leach destroyed a defender to open up that gap.. these 'Analysts' suck!

#8 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

going to be hard to keep Kruger, he'll get plenty of offers

#9 riseNConquer81

riseNConquer81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,244 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

Ummm...i dont know about "plenty of better free safeties" in the AFC better than Ed Reed, but when his name came out on the roster Eric Weddle was the very first snub i thought of, followed by Jairus Byrd, and maybe even Devin McCourty.

And all those teams that dont use a fullback...also have a lot of trouble running the ball. That in itself is the case for Leach's presence.
Dont penalize Leach because the rest of the league isnt interested in having a respectable ground attack, thats stupid. go sit down Jason Cole.

Edited by riseNConquer81, 27 December 2012 - 10:03 AM.

#10 Rivera

Rivera

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

Finally John get some love from the media... Who cares?? Just bring the SB and show who is the Ravens

#11 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

even in the post season the only team that makes me nervous is denver . not even worried about the patriots and the texans . Bring it !I think a huge snub was Pollard I think he is an incredible player , maybe I am biased but i love watching him play . as for Leach he's not only a very good fullback he has good hands too he deserves the recognition. Kruger has improved so much it has been allot of fun watching him mature and grow as a player.

#12 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

I don't understand Cole's point about Leech being undeserving. Is there a better FB in the league? No. So, until idiots like you decide that they should remove FB as an actual position on a pro-bowl roster, then he's deserving.

I am sick of this league's view (and the analysts that feed the notion) that a run game and even a solid defense are optional. Leech is super valuable to the game the Ravens play and he's the best at what he does - and that is pound LBs into the dirt and pave the way for our MVP - Ray Rice.

#13 roamingcharges

roamingcharges

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

The only memory I have of Eric Weddle this season was Anquan Boldin obliterating him from the face of the earth (and leaving him woozy with a concussion) while Rice scampered for that epic 4th and 29 conversion. "Slap in the face"? How about keeping your head on a swivel to prevent a whop to the chops?

Edited by roamingcharges, 27 December 2012 - 10:19 AM.

#14 bmoredynasty

bmoredynasty

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

i rather play indy than cinci but u know the old saying be careful what u wish for

#15 fatboybaldwin

fatboybaldwin

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

How much a week means to change the thoughts on these forum. Hopefully the ravens can get somewhat healthy and make a run. I believe we can beat any team if we play like we did last week. Lets hope....

#16 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

The only reason John Fox is even mentioned as a potential coach of the year is because he landed Manning, and Peyton Manning is still Peyton Manning. I actually think the coach of the year should be Bruce Arians in Indianapolis, because he took a team that had just lost their rookie head coach to leukemia, and he's taking them to the playoffs. I'm impressed by that.

I'm a mama of three boys. Nothing scares or disgusts me anymore. 

#17 riseNConquer81

riseNConquer81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,244 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

The only memory I have of Eric Weddle this season was Anquan Boldin obliterating him from the face of the earth (and leaving him woozy with a concussion) while Rice scampered for that epic 4th and 29 conversion. "Slap in the face"? How about keeping your head on a swivel to prevent a whop to the chops?

its one thing to be a fan of your team, but any decent football fan must give Weddle his props. He's been a monster in the secondary AND behind the line of scrimmage all season and nobody's looking for a block from 40 yards down field while they're chasing a checkdown back trying to convert 4th and 29...that whole play really never shouldve happened, cant knock a guy for falling victim to a miracle like that.
Statute of limitations on all convos is one day. and its never personal, always football.

#18 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

Clearly this Coles guy doesn't watch the Ravens. Hey Coles, why don't you ask Rice and Pierce about the value of Leach. When teams actually use the run game, the FB is invaluable!! You watch in the playoffs, and then tell me the FB position is "as useful as an appendix."

Just because most teams don't utilize the FB position, it doesn't mean Leach shouldn't be in the pro bowl. After all, he IS the best at that position. Plus he's got good hands coming out of the backfield.

#19 Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple

Telling It Like It Is Since 1974

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,963 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

"@ravens: Paul Kruger now leads all 3-4 outside LBs in Pass Rushing Productivity, according to @PFF [Twitter]"

Very Nice!

#20 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

looks like another tough schedule next season. not as bad as this seasons but still tough. go ravens!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users