23 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,373 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

Ngata and Yanda did not practice Wednesday. Boldin and Pollard did.

View the full article

#2 ravenwildman

ravenwildman

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

Turning the corner going down the stretch.....stay healthy, fasten your seat belts , here we go!

GO RAVENS!

#3 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,137 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

Though I'm on the "rest the key players" bandwagon, I hope Pollard gets to play on Sunday - it could be a good game for him to shake off the rust. We need a good Pollard in the playoffs like gold.

Also, I hope - and think - Doss is gonna see more playing time. Somehow I have the gut feeling we'll see him more in the playoffs.

One last, weird idea: I'd like to see David Reed get some chance to return kicks. Not because Jacoby Jones hasn't been doing a good job - he surely did, our clear top summer acquisition if you ask me - but it's strange that Reed hasn't gotten one single chance since he's returned from the PUP-list. All I'd like to see is one or two retuns, just to see what he can do now...

bio

Edited by bioLarzen, 26 December 2012 - 08:33 PM.

#4 CQ1

CQ1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

It would be VERY wise to give tyrod Taylor some playing time, this Sunday- and NOT just handing the ball off. Fact.

#5 TehRaginRaven

TehRaginRaven

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

i want to see more action by James Ihedigbo, he seems pretty good!

#6 rmcjacket23

rmcjacket23

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,035 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

While I like Jacoby, and there's no doubt he's probably been one of the elite return men this season, doesn't it seem like he ALWAYS returns kicks now? I mean a good kick returner shouldn't just field punts on the 5 yard line every week because he ran 1 back months earlier.

I'm OK with him bringing kickoffs out for the most part, because he's never going to cost us more than 5 yards, and his average is high enough that he will probably gain us some. But he fields a lot of punts inside the top and sometimes at the 5, and he rarely adds more than 5 yards to that.

Just seems like a Catch-22. When you get a quality return man, you have to give him the freedom to return every kick, regardless of whether he should or not.

#7 rmcjacket23

rmcjacket23

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,035 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

And I partially agree about Ihedigbo, although I'm not sure if I was really that impressed with his coverage and more with his ability to blitz the QB. It seemed like Pees really liked the idea of blitzing him often against Eli. Not sure if that was just part of a particular game plan, or a sign of a more aggressive approach with corners and safeties. I know Pagano loved corner blitzing, and if Webb were on the field, I have no doubt we would do it more. But it did seem like Chykie Brown and Ihedigbo blitzed often on Sunday.

Could be strategic, or maybe Pees realized neither could cover, so he just wanted them to put pressure on Eli.

#8 iBleed_Purple52

iBleed_Purple52

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

This article is very clear we need Yanda on the field if we want to win ....

R A V E N S !

#9 The Beak

The Beak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

I do agree to rest some players, but with a limited roster on Sundays, some starters will have to play a lot, rest for sure = Ngata, Yanda, Reed, Boldin, most if not all game, Pollard, Ellerbe, T Smith, Suggs, at least the second half.

#10 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

Just rest our key players baby. Even 2nd stringers can gain momentum but it is a healthy 1st string team that wins in the playoffs.

#11 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,907 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

Sorry to hear Yanda has new injury issues after Sunday's game. His importance can't be overstated. Our run game is simply not the same without him.

#12 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,056 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

The bottom line is I want to see all our starters healthy come playoff time. Now is the time to rest anybody that needs rest. Don't overwork somebody who is injured now John, that would be a mistake. If we lose starters to injury against Cincy, we will only have our stupidity to blame...

#13 Grapple Raven

Grapple Raven

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:56 AM

Okay, when did Pitta hurt his knee? Is this a new injury?

23jjplx.jpg

#14 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

im sure they will rest players like yanda ngata and pull several other players at halftime or sometime in the 3rd qtr depending on the score of the patriots game. we could still get the 3rd seed if the pats lose

#15 RavenSwag

RavenSwag

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:35 AM

Get healthy fellas...we're gonna need all hands on deck for this playoff run. Hopefully we come out the game this week without any serious injuries.

#16 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,127 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

I am hoping that every starter and first back-up will play limited minutes Sunday!

This is a better continuing "real game speed" test bed for the guys who have had to step up and for Tyrod, just in case!

#17 I Roll With Purple n Black

I Roll With Purple n Black

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

I hope our offense plays really well in the first half. Some of the guys really need this week of rest. If we are up 2 scores by halftime take those guys out and let em rest.

#18 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

With a healthy o line and a healthy defense (getting Ray, Ellerbe, Pollard back); this team could do some serious damage. If the offense gets the ground game going, and the defense plays like it did vs the Giants; there's no reason not to believe they could go very far. (The "S" word)

This is it, Joe. If there was ever a "time to shine" in your career...look no further. NOW is your time.

#19 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:44 AM

With a healthy o line and a healthy defense (getting Ray, Ellerbe, Pollard back); this team could do some serious damage. If the offense gets the ground game going, and the defense plays like it did vs the Giants; there's no reason not to believe they could go very far. (The "S" word)

This is it, Joe. If there was ever a "time to shine" in your career...look no further. NOW is your time.

I agree. Plus the Bengals don't have much to play for, so they may have the "pine riders" out there.

#20 steelcityraven

steelcityraven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

We are starting to get a little healthier! Hopefully that turns into improved performances...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users