Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BALTIMOREFLACCO

Shoutout to our 6 Pro-Bowlers!

39 posts in this topic

Ray Rice, Leach, Yanda, Ngata, Reed, and Jones have all been selected to the pro bowl! Congrats to these guys, and hopefully they won't be playing!

BTW Pollard was a snub

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Next year... I'm going to ballot stuff again to make sure Koch (and possibly Tucker) goes. Even if he doesn't play, just get him in.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]~ Cosmic[/i][/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Is it too late to join the "Punters Are People Too!" Revolution?[/i][/font]

[quote name='tctony' timestamp='1356567731' post='1279659']
Just sayin...Ed Reed does not deserve it unless we're talking career achievements.
[/quote]

The Pro Bowl is one giant popularity contest... Jason Pierre-Paul and Clay Matthews haven't done anything this season to warrant such an honor, but they're brand names, so people vote for them.

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1356567965' post='1279662']
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Next year... I'm going to ballot stuff again to make sure Koch (and possibly Tucker) goes. Even if he doesn't play, just get him in.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Is it too late to join the "Punters Are People Too!" Revolution?[/i][/font]
[/quote]

It's never too late! Ray Guy for HOF!

Back to Koch. He's better than Colquitt in sheer yardage, but way worse in precision (punts inside the 20).
Punts/yd: [color=#4b0082]76/3655 [/color][color=#ff0000]75/3514 [/color]
[color=#000000]IN20: [/color][color=#4b0082]27 [/color][color=#ff0000]42[/color]

[quote name='tctony' timestamp='1356567731' post='1279659']
Just sayin...Ed Reed does not deserve it unless we're talking career achievements.
[/quote]

Lol only reason that Lewis wasn't in it was b/c of his injury.
They both will be pro bowlers until the day they retire. Neither of them have to put up great numbers any more as long as their relevant.
Reed has 4 pics and he's on ESPN every monday for these ridiculous "helmet-to-helmet" hits(GREAT hits btw).

[quote name='TonyTone1192' timestamp='1356569170' post='1279679']
They both will be pro bowlers until the day they retire. Neither of them have to put up great numbers any more as long as their relevant.
Reed has 4 pics and he's on ESPN every monday for these ridiculous "helmet-to-helmet" hits(GREAT hits btw).
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Ray saying, "No more Pro Bowls, just Super Bowls" doesn't help his voting either. I agree though. While it is nice to see our guys given the honor of playing in the Pro Bowl, we need to be more focused on a Lombardi. ;)[/i][/font]

[quote name='bMore Heathen' timestamp='1356567441' post='1279652']
Nice... Too bad they won't be playing in it. They have a SB to play in!!!!!
[/quote]

:229031_thewave:

[quote name='ravensfan2424' timestamp='1356572786' post='1279723']
Wasn't Oher leading in votes for LT? What happened there? lol
[/quote]
Same thing that happened to Cary

Fan votes only account for 1/3 (thank God for that) of the Pro Bowl voting, with the other 2/3 being players and coaches. That's why Oher and even Cary never made it in.

Congrats to all 6 Ravens that were voted in. Despite the Pro Bowl being a complete and utter joke, it still must feel special to be voted among the best in your position by your peers.

As always, there's a lot of players making it in mostly by their overall reputation through the years and not their play on said year, and then there's the AFC safeties which, to me, are all wrong. Oh and Jeff Saturday?? Come on now.

I know a lot of people around here have PFF subscriptions and I was wondering; could someone put together a list of the most notable snubs based on their PFF grade and then some who made it in despite their poor rating? Thanks.

[quote name='TonyTone1192' timestamp='1356569170' post='1279679']

[/quote]

Which season did Ray not put up "Pro Bowl/great numbers" and made the Pro Bowl?

[quote name='JohnnyBoy8102' timestamp='1356576997' post='1279798']
Which season did Ray not put up "Pro Bowl/great numbers" and made the Pro Bowl?
[/quote]

Lol last year.. 77 tackles 2 sacks and 1 int. Mediocre stats. But it's Ray Ray so he's in

Wow, it's amazing how Joe Thomas gets in based off reputation each year. Don't even get me started on Phil Dawson and Jeff Saturday who got benched recently but yet somehow had a "Pro Bowl" year. I just don't get why the NFL doesn't bring back the skill competitions. At least those were FUN to watch.

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1356582908' post='1279846']
Wow, it's amazing how Joe Thomas gets in based off reputation each year. Don't even get me started on Phil Dawson and Jeff Saturday who got benched recently but yet somehow had a "Pro Bowl" year. I just don't get why the NFL doesn't bring back the skill competitions. At least those were FUN to watch.
[/quote]I agree Saturday and Thomas shouldn't make it, but Dawson is having a great season and scores most of his teams points.

[quote name='TonyTone1192' timestamp='1356582245' post='1279842']
Lol last year.. 77 tackles 2 sacks and 1 int. Mediocre stats. But it's Ray Ray so he's in
[/quote]

Since when are numbers the only indication of a players skill and talent?

Keep in mind that he got 77 tackles in 12 games... That's 6.4 a game which isn't too bad.

[quote name='TonyTone1192' timestamp='1356582245' post='1279842']
[/quote]
[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1356583413' post='1279851']
Since when are numbers the only indication of a players skill and talent?

Keep in mind that he got 77 tackles in 12 games... That's 6.4 a game which isn't too bad.
[/quote]

Ray had 95 tackles last season. Tonytone is using the incorrect number on PFR from last season (77 solo-30 ast) because they still have not updated their bugs from last year and included the AFC Championship numbers in the Ravens' player stats. Ray had 5 solo-7 ast in that game which incorrectly was added to his 72 solo-23 ast regular season. This mistake also took place with other teams who made the playoffs.

Regardless, Ray made the Pro Bowl due to his incredible 1st half last season in which he was playing at an elite level. Every reputable writer or website had him on their all pro/pro bowl mid season team.

Let's compare the stats of last season's Pro Bowl Middle/inside Linebackers to see who wasn't Medicore. (I will only use the numbers TonyTone cited.)

Ray Lewis: 12 Games-95 Tackles-2 Sacks-1 INT
Derrick Johnson-16 Games-131 Tackles-2 Sacks-2 INT

Patrick Willis-13 Games-97 Tackles-2 Sacks-1 INT
Brian Urlacher-16 Games-102 Tackles-0 Sacks-3 INT

Apparently, every MLB/ILB that made the Pro Bowl last season was "medicore".

[quote name='JohnnyBoy8102' timestamp='1356584380' post='1279861']
Ray had 95 tackles last season. Tonytone is using the incorrect number on PFR from last season (77 solo-30 ast) because they still have not updated their bugs from last year and included the AFC Championship numbers in the Ravens' player stats. Ray had 5 solo-7 ast in that game which incorrectly was added to his 72 solo-23 ast regular season. This mistake also took place with other teams who made the playoffs.

Regardless, Ray made the Pro Bowl due to his incredible 1st half last season in which he was playing at an elite level. Every reputable writer or website had him on their all pro/pro bowl mid season team.

Let's compare the stats of last season's Pro Bowl Middle/inside Linebackers to see who wasn't Medicore. (I will only use the numbers TonyTone cited.)

Ray Lewis: 12 Games-95 Tackles-2 Sacks-1 INT
Derrick Johnson-16 Games-131 Tackles-2 Sacks-2 INT

Patrick Willis-13 Games-97 Tackles-2 Sacks-1 INT
Brian Urlacher-16 Games-102 Tackles-0 Sacks-3 INT

Apparently, every MLB/ILB that made the Pro Bowl last season was "medicore".
[/quote]

Lol. Patrick Willis. Mediocre. Lol. Enough said here I think!

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1356568059' post='1279665']
The Pro Bowl is one giant popularity contest... Jason Pierre-Paul and Clay Matthews haven't done anything this season to warrant such an honor, but they're brand names, so people vote for them.
[/quote]

Clay Matthews? Dude has 12 sacks in 11 games. He's been a monster.

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1356582908' post='1279846']
Wow, it's amazing how Joe Thomas gets in based off reputation each year. Don't even get me started on Phil Dawson and Jeff Saturday who got benched recently but yet somehow had a "Pro Bowl" year. [b]I just don't get why the NFL doesn't bring back the skill competitions. At least those were FUN to watch.[/b]
[/quote]

This. I definitely miss watching them