izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,049 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

According to Adam Schefter

Edit:
Ray Lewis will not play Sunday vs. Cincinnati but team expects him to play in wild-card round.. Also according to Adam Schefter.

Edited by izvoodoo, 26 December 2012 - 02:34 PM.

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

#2 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

Not really news. He needed to be activated prior to Sunday in orde to play during the playoffs, and Harbs probably wants him to get some real practice in. The only real surprise was that LQW got the demotion. I'll take that as a good sign that Hamilton and Brown are looking good, though.

Edited by NaveSenrag, 26 December 2012 - 02:37 PM.

#3 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

i don't understand this at all. john doesn't plan to play him at bungals, so why not give laquan another week and some game time. mind bogging...

#4 TreTheRaven

TreTheRaven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

I am just happy to see the warrior return this season. Welcome back, Ray Ray.

#5 Desert

Desert

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

I LOVE Ray Lewis, But are we really a better team with him on the field? I know its sacrilegious, but come on lets be real.

Ray's time has past.

#6 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

I LOVE Ray Lewis, But are we really a better team with him on the field? I know its sacrilegious, but come on lets be real.

Ray's time has past.

You never know when someone will get injured. What happens if we lose Bynes? Is there anyone else on the team who has played MLB for an extended period of time?

#7 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,946 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

i don't understand this at all. john doesn't plan to play him at bungals, so why not give laquan another week and some game time. mind bogging...

NFL rules require him to be activated now in order for him to play at all this season.

Ray's time has past.

Well he might still be able to help. He'd probably be better than Bynes.

The Raven, on 03 Jan 2012-624 PM, said:

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

Malkavian Raven, on 4 June 2014, said: "Display's off his meds again. Alert the white coats with the butterfly nets."

#8 SpiderWebb21

SpiderWebb21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

The only thing that I head over that losing skid was how Ravens were without Ray Lewis. Hardly ever mentioned anyone else. I mean, as much as I love Ray Lewis, he wasn't the only person gone from the defense, but they act as if, the Ravens had him, we would have won those three games.

I hate the media, I know he's a big name, but still.

Nonetheless, I like having Ray Lewis as an option. I would rather him not play every single down and have a nice option. Lets face it, he's not what he used to be, but definitely a great option to sub in and out. He's the heart of the team with the emotion he plays with.

#9 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

It's not so much about Ray Lewis playing this week. It's more about needing to activate him before the deadline...

1Untitled_zps8afd95ac.pngbench_zps0a7ce32d.jpg

#10 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,439 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

Ray's time has past.

I think we are. He's one of our only players who can be relied on to consistently make tackles. His coverage has definitely slipped, but we could use him for run downs and blitzes.

#11 jazz1988

jazz1988

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

Ray's time has past.

I think the ravens defense are a better defense with Ray Lewis on the field. I know he's not 24 any more but i think its crazy how ravens fans doubt that he isn't still good or one of the better linebackers in the leagues especially when he started his first game off with 15 tackles .

#12 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,763 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

What's has more of an impact then achieving something for yourself? Achieving something for someone you care about or admire.

It's not a person in the Ravens organization that doesn't respect and admire Ray Anthony Lewis. If there is any truth the rumors about this possibly being Ray's final year with the team, these guys are gonna ball that much harder. Knowing that each playoff game could be Ray's last is a huge motivator.

That doesn't work with Ray on the sidelines. With the energy these young guys are playing with right now, having Ray in the middle of the field. Ray brings so much to this team beyond just his play. It'll be a passing of the guard that thing with Ray, Ellerbe and Bynes, but a Superbowl in Baltimore without Ray just doesn't seem right.

Bynes has been really good the last couple weeks, but having Ray Lewis will take this defense to another level, even if it's only as a 2 down players.
Posted Image

#13 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,762 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

i can't believe some the negativity against Ray Lewis coming back. unbelievable! smh! sure, the defense has been doing ok in his absence but don't get it twisted....these cats have been playing for Ray just like the colts have been playing for Chuck! Ray is the face of this franchise (for now) and the general of the defense and he has not passed the torch yet! we see what our defense is becoming without #52 in the middle...they are younger and of course faster! but i want to see Ray Lewis on the field during the playoffs. no one has his mind, leadership or presence! let 52 do what he does! and let's ride this thing all the way to another Superbowl victory!

~Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#14 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,376 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

The saddest sight on Sunday was all the defensive starters in sweats at the front of the tunnel.
Posted Image

#15 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,376 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

The saddest sight on Sunday was all the defensive starters in sweats at the front of the tunnel.
Posted Image

#16 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,759 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

Probably won't play.

Edited by cobrajet, 26 December 2012 - 07:37 PM.

#17 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

It would be nice to see him at least get a dance in

1Untitled_zps8afd95ac.pngbench_zps0a7ce32d.jpg

#18 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,869 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

Yeah Ray is not the tackling machine he used to be, but every one seems to forget his on field leadership.

I am not talking about the pep talks. I am talking about him reading the offense, telling the defense what to do and where to go. On field coaching.
The Ravens are better off with Ray on the field for that reason.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#19 JohnnyBoy8102

JohnnyBoy8102

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

The amount of negativity is a bit appalling.

The "myth" that Ray was playing so bad is most based on the Chiefs game. Ray played very well the 1st game, average/decent in games 2-3, and then had a bad 2 games and suddenly many want him to be shown the door after playing at a very high level through his age 36 season last year.

The facts remain he played the 1st 6 games and missed just 1 tackle while leading the team with 20 defensive stops. He chiped in with 1 sack, 1 forced fumble, and 1 fumble recovery as well.

Ellerbe has played well vs the run and had some nice blitzes but he hasn't been great overall in coverage:
37/52, 370 yards, 219 YAC, 1 TD, 0 INT, 97.5 QB Rating against

Ellerbe also has 5 more missed tackles than Ray does in only 173 more defensive snaps played.

McClain took a step back this year and Bynes has been below average since he has been starting. There hasn't exactly been Patick Willis available to fill in here.

The "Ray has had a hard time with TEs" logic is a bit off as well. Prior to this year the Ravens had been a top tier defense vs TEs for years.

Here are Ray's averages per game in coverage since 2010:

2.1 receptions given up per game
22.5 yards given up per game
1 TD given up
3 INT, 12 PD, 1 Pick-6

Not bad in 34 games since turning age 35.

Edited by JohnnyBoy8102, 26 December 2012 - 09:43 PM.

"There are six, seven players in front of me [financially] at my position that I honestly wouldn't let hold my jock, and I don't even wear one."- Ed Reed

"Your a joke." -Mr. GM

#20 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,227 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:43 AM

OK....
Baltimore Ravens - classiest organization in all of organized sport!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users