Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Bernard Pierce Coming On Strong

36 posts in this topic

The rookie running back had the best day of his career in Sunday's win over the Giants.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Bernard-Pierce-Coming-On-Strong/3612a9c2-3438-43dc-bd31-81362f0e11e1]View the full article[/url]

I love how teaching gets passed down on this team - in Ray Rice's rookie year, there was the story of how in their first full practice, Ray Lewis yelled at Rice about trying to bounce outside, told him to trust his line and his blockers and go North between the tackles like he's supposed to on those plays. I see Pierce doing the same thing, including on that huge 78-yard run on Sunday, when he trusted Yanda and Leach and found a tiny gap in the line, then cut away from the safety and almost to paydirt. Great to see.

i am really starting to like this kid. runs hard and straight ahead. hope he gets more carries moving forward

I love Bernard Pierce. He's going to only get better as time passes... I notice that Pierce has a good instinct about when to cut and when to stay on path... His cuts are getting him more yards after the initial hit.

He's a great change of pace for Rice. It will be nice not having to go year-to-year trying to find our backup RB off the veteran scrap heap.

that was good run by pierce, u got give credit to leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeach, baby, the O-line still needs some improvements, but when leach in on the field good things happen.

[quote name='budman' timestamp='1356547351' post='1279369']
He does what Rice fails to do ALOT---Follow blockers all the thru the hole.
[/quote]Idk what Rice you're talking about but Ray Rice is a very patient RB. You see a lot of young RBs do a lot of dancing in the backfield trying to do too much. But Rice is very good with being patient and following his blocks. If he wasn't then he would'nt be one of the best RBs in the league.

Pierce is a super rookie but Ray Rice is the Raven "man". Keep it in perspective Bernard is playing well as a backup and might turn out better than Ray Rice but this Super Bowl run will be on Rice's legs & Joe's arm. Shock the NFL, sign Joe to an elite long term deal before the playoffs. Give him the confidence that the Raven future is Joe Flacco.Get rested and healed up as much as possible and beat the Colts in B-mo week 1 of the playoffs.

[quote name='omar586' timestamp='1356547111' post='1279366']
that was good run by pierce, u got give credit to leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeach, baby, the O-line still needs some improvements, but when leach in on the field good things happen.
[/quote] Yup! He cracked that MLB on the lead block, which allowed Pierce to get into the 3rd level.

I'm still ticked that the Ravens didn't punch it in after that! lol

[quote name='BloodRaven' timestamp='1356548101' post='1279378']
I would have liked to have seen him finish that run a little stronger and storm into the endzone.
[/quote]

I saw the defender getting closer and closer and wished Pierce had an afterburner hooked to him. It was very exciting, though to see him run clear that far. This guys got a bright future. I'd like to see him up in NE do what Rice did to them on that opening play a few years ago. Shocking the poop out of bellycheck and company.

Pierce is a great guy. I just don't want to see him let go and be a starter somewhere else. He compliments Rice nicely so pay the man!

[quote name='D3x3001' timestamp='1356555407' post='1279483']
Pierce is a great guy. I just don't want to see him let go and be a starter somewhere else. He compliments Rice nicely so pay the man!
[/quote]
Only way that could happen is with a trade as he has 4 more years left on his rookie contract.

It feels so good to have another viable RB with Ray Rice that we will have for several more years. That's more depth and more offensive possibilites for us.

it tickles me when people say; "i know my body!" of course you do...it's yours! lol! seriously though...Pierce was awesome in that game and i really wanted him to get into the TD after that long run.

~Mili

I really like Pierce I've been saying it forever Pierce is the second coming of Roger Craig there styles are extremely similar slashing but very smooth and poetic

Pierce is a good complement to Ray Rice his running style reminds me of Arian Foster. He runs the ladder well and cuts with speed.He has deceptive speed too some plays it looks like he is bottled up then he gets to the corner for decent gains.His acquisition definitely proved worthy I hope he keeps the good play and hard work up.

[quote name='D3x3001' timestamp='1356555407' post='1279483']
[/quote]

Pay the man? We just drafted him! He has a four year rookie contract. Why would the Ravens pay him more money? That would just be stupid management. The whole point of drafting well is that you get good players for cheap, and then you decide if you can afford to resign them at market value towards the end of their contract, either after his 3rd year or after his 4th year. You want your draft picks to be worth more than you're paying them, that's what gives you an edge.

I didn't like the pick at first, but I'm pleased to say he proves me wrong every week.If he continues to play like this, we should have one of the top 1-2 punch running games in the NFL for the near future.

He was insurance in case ray rice got pissed about not getting a long term deal and held out. A worst case scenario but ozzie doesn't take chances.... Pierce can actually be a starter in this league Bengals,Cards,Jets would love to have this dude... Pierce won't start for us in the next 5 years.... we paid ricey and rice is going to start. Unless ray suffers a severe career ending injury....(Hope it doesn't happen)