Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Eisenberg: A Dangling Carrot To Play For In Cincinnati

66 posts in this topic

A Pats-Ravens AFC title game wouldn’t be shocking. Sunday could determine where it’s played.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Eisenberg-A-Dangling-Carrot-To-Play-For-In-Cincinnati/d94b858d-5358-42da-85b7-bd0abcc97f26]View the full article[/url]

I would definitely agree... We need this additional win! As much as the other teams don't really "need" their wins.

Not sure if the Pats game starts when ours does but if the phins are laying an egg by Halftime, that's plenty of reason to spell some of our "Ones'!

So, say we're up (or down) by 3 and the Patriots are up by at least 10 at Halftime, that may be an indicator that it's time to start saving some regulars for the playoffs!

Just sayin',.......

Yes, a win would be nice but you need to know at the beginning of the season that 13-3 or 12-4 is the record needed for the best chance to secure home field and host the AFC Title game. They didn't get it done. Hoping for a 3 vs 4 situation is a long shot. Don't know when the last time that happened.

Id rather have the 4 seed and play the colts in the Bank, Then get a rematch and beat the Texans then beat Brady again. I dont want to play Cinncinnati, there D is the best left in the playoffs and I dont want to see Peyton ever again, and darn sure not in Mile High.

I want to see as few starters on the field as possible, and watch our backups defeat their backups. I will cringe every time I see Flacco drop back to pass, or watch 1,000 pounds of defender crashing on the ankles of Ray Rice.

Stay healthy my friends, and good luck in the Playoffs.

TorryGundy
Posted
15 minutes agoId rather have the 4 seed and play the colts in the Bank, Then get a rematch and beat the Texans then beat Brady again. I dont want to play Cinncinnati, there D is the best left in the playoffs and I dont want to see Peyton ever again, and darn sure not in Mile High.

We will play the Broncos again next season, and likely in Mile High.

I disagree. Healthy players make for longer playoff runs. The Pats aren't going to lose to Miami. The Jackonsville game was a once in the lifetime thing for them. We are going to be the number four seed so let's accept that fact and rest our ailing players.

I don't see Tom brady blowing a game this late in the season . I like our chances against the colts . i prefer the texans , or patriots over the broncos. we have to find a way to win i have confidence that we can win.

No way the Pats lose to Miami. This is pointless. A second round game at Houston is what we are staring in the face and we will need all hands on deck for that on. Rest rest and more rest this weekend.

@ PurpleReigning " No way the Pats lose to Miami " It could happen, I learned the the AFC is so dominant that any team can beat any team on any given Sunday Teams that has less to lose are the most dangerous

It's a very weird situation - stay at #4 and host the Cinderella Colts with all the ChuckStrong hype, or luck into the #3 spot if NE shockingly gets upset by Dolphins and Ravens win, where they'd have to turn right around and host the Bungles right after beating them at their house. Very weird situation...not sure which one I like better.

I want them to win this game just for the sake of going into the playoffs with confidence and momentum. But at the same time, like most others, I can't see the Phins winning their game. Perhaps play the first half with starters, then pull them. After all, the Bengals have nothing to play for; so they may not be in full force either. So backups vs backups might be kinda cool...and we have good depth; and I believe we could win regardless.

That's my take

[quote name='GoldRaven' timestamp='1356544505' post='1279333']
Joe Flacco has a 4,000 yard season to play for, Hello!
[/quote] Ya, maybe he can get that needed 217 yards in the first half. :) :) :)

Regardless of all other implications, we need to win the game. I want to see if they carry the same momentum in the Bengal game and playoffs beyond or was the Giants game just another win for an inconsistent offense. I haven't forgotten what happened after 10 days off either. So let keep rolling into the playoffs as this is when the good teams rise.

This is where those darn losses that shouldn't have been (PIT and WAS) still sting. Sitting at 12-3, the possibilities would have been great. Oh well, water under the bridge.

I know a lot of people seem to think that there is a disadvantage to playing the Bengals rather than the Colts, but I'm not so sure about that. Getting the 3 seed would be nice, but while that isn't impossible, it is still unlikely.

We do have to walk a fine line of resting those who truly need rest and playing everyone else that is reasonably healthy to try and secure a win and maintain the momentum we started last week (especially on offense).

To those that think Miami can win, think of it this way:

Tom Brady, at home, in December, vs Miami and a rookie QB. No chance.

Rest em !!!

for those saying Ne is going to easily beat Miami must not have watched last weeks Game they were very lucky to beat Jacksonville ,i actually see a upset ,i dont predict Games often ,but Miami is no walk in the Park ,they could have been a Playoff Team this year as well had it not been for some Miscues ,but aside from that Miami wants to get to 8-8 off momentum from last week,NE wants to show a better Outing then Last week ,But i would Take Miami in a Upset this week by 3 ,Hopefully it will Happen because i want to see NE play in our House because i feel not only are we the better team ,but lets face it we dont want to go there ,and we have already beat NE i would feel much better playing at home and hope the Broncos go 1 and doen and texans go 1 and done ,or hope from Injuries to other teams for once ,considering we would have been a 2 seed this year if we were healthy throughout the year because no way do we lose to Pitt and no way do we lose to Wash with a backup QB after RG3 went down.

Practically speaking the chances are slim to none.
The Ravens need to get healthy for the playoffs.
Any defensive player with injuries needs to sit.
The offense needs the practice.

I think we CAN win with our backups in there.
If nothing else, this year has proven that we need to at least KNOW, who we can use as our backups. Playing them now gives us more time to get them up to speed and I be;lieve we can win with them in this particular game anyways.

lets figure that new england well win,its makes sense to use this week as a bye and rest the walking wounded.play joe he needs the work, but dont expose to to be a sitting duck for the long passes.shot passes and runs woul be the answer.

[quote name='BmoreB' timestamp='1356545149' post='1279342']
To those that think Miami can win, think of it this way:

Tom Brady, at home, in December, vs Miami and a rookie QB. No chance.

Rest em !!!
[/quote]

Tom Brady has already lost to Kolb/Skelton/Lindley and Russel Wilson this season, and nearly got washed by Jacksonville last week.
Always a chance.