64 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,380 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

A Pats-Ravens AFC title game wouldn’t be shocking. Sunday could determine where it’s played.

View the full article

#2 The Mom Gene

The Mom Gene

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

I would definitely agree... We need this additional win! As much as the other teams don't really "need" their wins.

#3 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,129 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

Not sure if the Pats game starts when ours does but if the phins are laying an egg by Halftime, that's plenty of reason to spell some of our "Ones'!

So, say we're up (or down) by 3 and the Patriots are up by at least 10 at Halftime, that may be an indicator that it's time to start saving some regulars for the playoffs!

Just sayin',.......

#4 whobilly

whobilly

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

Yes, a win would be nice but you need to know at the beginning of the season that 13-3 or 12-4 is the record needed for the best chance to secure home field and host the AFC Title game. They didn't get it done. Hoping for a 3 vs 4 situation is a long shot. Don't know when the last time that happened.

#5 whobilly

whobilly

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

Pats play the Dolphins late day. Not much help for us.

#6 CxM_27

CxM_27

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

Whatever gets us to hoist that Lombardi Trophy.

#7 TorryGundy

TorryGundy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

Id rather have the 4 seed and play the colts in the Bank, Then get a rematch and beat the Texans then beat Brady again. I dont want to play Cinncinnati, there D is the best left in the playoffs and I dont want to see Peyton ever again, and darn sure not in Mile High.

#8 Chip Leader

Chip Leader

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

I want to see as few starters on the field as possible, and watch our backups defeat their backups. I will cringe every time I see Flacco drop back to pass, or watch 1,000 pounds of defender crashing on the ankles of Ray Rice.

Stay healthy my friends, and good luck in the Playoffs.

#9 KidNme

KidNme

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

Let a good portion of the starters go a series or two then bring in the backups.

#10 arizonaravensfan

arizonaravensfan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:00 PM

Let's keep the 4th seed , rest most of our starters , play Indy and then hopefully go to Houston .By then will have enough Mo to go anywhere and WIN!

#11 rmcjacket23

rmcjacket23

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,058 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

TorryGundy
Posted
15 minutes agoId rather have the 4 seed and play the colts in the Bank, Then get a rematch and beat the Texans then beat Brady again. I dont want to play Cinncinnati, there D is the best left in the playoffs and I dont want to see Peyton ever again, and darn sure not in Mile High.

We will play the Broncos again next season, and likely in Mile High.

#12 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

I disagree. Healthy players make for longer playoff runs. The Pats aren't going to lose to Miami. The Jackonsville game was a once in the lifetime thing for them. We are going to be the number four seed so let's accept that fact and rest our ailing players.

#13 Kamui (Pron. Cam ~ We )

Kamui (Pron. Cam ~ We )

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

Play it like the it's the 3rd preseason game. We need to keep this momentum going.

#14 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

I don't see Tom brady blowing a game this late in the season . I like our chances against the colts . i prefer the texans , or patriots over the broncos. we have to find a way to win i have confidence that we can win.

#15 PurpleReigning

PurpleReigning

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

No way the Pats lose to Miami. This is pointless. A second round game at Houston is what we are staring in the face and we will need all hands on deck for that on. Rest rest and more rest this weekend.

#16 RavensQB

RavensQB

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

You play to WIN the GAME!!!

#17 Popeye the sailor man

Popeye the sailor man

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

@ PurpleReigning " No way the Pats lose to Miami " It could happen, I learned the the AFC is so dominant that any team can beat any team on any given Sunday Teams that has less to lose are the most dangerous

#18 Macadamia

Macadamia

Veteran

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

It's a very weird situation - stay at #4 and host the Cinderella Colts with all the ChuckStrong hype, or luck into the #3 spot if NE shockingly gets upset by Dolphins and Ravens win, where they'd have to turn right around and host the Bungles right after beating them at their house. Very weird situation...not sure which one I like better.

#19 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

I want them to win this game just for the sake of going into the playoffs with confidence and momentum. But at the same time, like most others, I can't see the Phins winning their game. Perhaps play the first half with starters, then pull them. After all, the Bengals have nothing to play for; so they may not be in full force either. So backups vs backups might be kinda cool...and we have good depth; and I believe we could win regardless.

That's my take

#20 GoldRaven

GoldRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

Joe Flacco has a 4,000 yard season to play for, Hello!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users