Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RavenFan28105

2013 opponents

40 posts in this topic

Saw this on ESPN.

[b]BALTIMORE RAVENS[/b]

[b]Home:[/b] New England, N.Y. Jets, Green Bay, Minnesota and Houston.

[b]Away:[/b] Buffalo, Miami, Chicago, Detroit and Denver.

What are your thoughts?

Not to hateful. And no West Coast trips. With the exception of Denver,most of what should be the harder games will be at home.

I say we go 8-2 in these games. Only loses go to Denver and Green Bay. But I am never right in these "predictions" of mine so keep that in mind please.

[quote name='VA_Fan' timestamp='1356533821' post='1279200']
I say we go 8-2 in these games. Only [color=#0000ff][b]POSSIBLE [/b][/color]losses go to Denver and Green Bay. But I am never right in these "predictions" of mine so keep that in mind please.
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]I will agree with THIS statement, but we'll need to see what happens in the offseason to change my mind later. Everyone else... we've had New England's number (and they know it just as much as we do). I don't believe the Jets have beat us the last several times we've played them (even under Rex Ryan, correct me if I'm wrong). Minnesota, "HA!" I say, "HA!".[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Green Bay, just keep Rodgers on the sideline. Houston, just have to get TDs and not FGs.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Buffalo, Miami, Chicago and Detroit; not to worried about any of them except maybe Chicago. They have a tendency to bring their A-game every once in awhile. Same could be said for Miami, but as long as we don't let them get TOO out of control we can handle them.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Denver, same as Green Bay, keep Peyton off the field. Once he's on it, send him back as quick as he got on it (and I don't mean with a TD either, DEFENSE!!).[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]~ Cosmic[/i][/font]

Damn, the Ravens are going to have one of the hardest home game schedules next year! Only gimme game in that bunch would be the Jets game.

[quote name='RavenFan28105' timestamp='1356532753' post='1279188']
Saw this on ESPN.

[b]BALTIMORE RAVENS[/b]

What are your thoughts?
[/quote]

Go away New England!!

[quote name='TreTheRaven' timestamp='1356533286' post='1279192']
The Green Bay game has been circled on my calendar the last 2 years.
[/quote]

I want revenge for that Monday night game the same way I did for the Giants game. Both teams embarrassed us tho last times we met. 1 down with one to go. Wouldn't mind if we were able to get revenge this season either...
Whoever said Minn didn't bother them, AP. I have no idea how our defense will play next year, but now that I think about it, a healthy Suggs, Ngata, McPhee, Ellerbe and McClain should be a boost to our run defense. Year two Upshaw should be a problem as well. Webb back too will help but I wonder how long before he's actually back to normal.

[quote name='redrum52' timestamp='1356540465' post='1279274']

I want revenge for that Monday night game the same way I did for the Giants game. Both teams embarrassed us tho last times we met. 1 down with one to go. Wouldn't mind if wrs were able to get revenge this season either...
Whoever said Minn didn't bother them, AP. I have no idea how our defense will play next year, but now that I think about it, a healthy Suggs, Ngata, McPhee, Ellerbe and McClain should be a boost to our run defense. Year two Upshaw should be a problem as well. Webb back too will help but I wonder how long before he's actually back to normal.
[/quote]

Yeah, that game in Green Bay always sits in the back of my mind. Another one that does, is the 2005 game with Kyle Boller against Brett Favre. I know the Ravens slaughtered them that day, but since that game, this game against Green Bay has more motive for me to attend.

It's kind of job and family related -- so when these two teams bump heads, it becomes pretty interesting in my neck of the woods.

i like this schedule for right now but its impossible to determine how favorable it is until we see who goes where this offseason especially us right now.

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1356535396' post='1279215']
Damn, the Ravens are going to have one of the hardest home game schedules next year! Only gimme game in that bunch would be the Jets game.
[/quote]
[quote name='CalvinSmoke' timestamp='1356538353' post='1279252']
That's a crazy hard schedule. We will be tested.
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]That's what happens when you win your division. We overcame a lot of speculation about our schedule this year, beating the tougher teams and laying down for "lesser" teams. We will do it again. If our injuries have been anything, they are a blessing in disguise as many of those back-ups could be in starting roles next year. If they play like we know they can now, we'll be division champs three years in a row.[/i][/font]

The good thing about this, is that the Steelers will probaly have New England, N.Y. Jets, Green Bay, Minnesota and/or Houston on the road. Now that makes me happy.

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1356543036' post='1279315']
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]That's what happens when you win your division. [/i][/font]

[/quote]

Someone correct me if Im wrong. These opponents are pre-determined YEARS in advance, it has nothing to do with winning the Division.

[quote name='Purple Nurple' timestamp='1356544789' post='1279336']
Someone correct me if Im wrong. These opponents are pre-determined YEARS in advance, it has nothing to do with winning the Division.
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]While the Divisions you play are predetermined, the other games in the schedule are filled with other division winners if your team was a division winner; (ie, Denver, Houston)[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]EDIT:[/i][/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Another for instance, our schedule this year...[/i][/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]HOME: Steelers, Bengals, Browns, Patriots, Cowboys, Raiders, Broncos, Giants[/i][/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]AWAY: Steelers, Bengals, Browns, Eagles, Chiefs, Texans, Chargers, Redskins[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Take away our divisional games and you've got the AFC West (Broncos, Chargers, Raiders & Chiefs) and the NFC East (Giants, Eagles, Cowboys & Redskins). What remains is Patriots & Texans (both divisional winners from 2011).[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]It's a way to help keep the divisions competitive, I suppose.[/i][/font]

Saw this on ESPN.

[b]BALTIMORE RAVENS[/b]

What are your thoughts?
[/quote] From a traveling standpoint...it is great.. a couple of trips to the mid west and one to the Rocky Mtns What..no trip to San Diego????

My perdiction. The Ravens will open the season vs the Packers. Super Bowl rematch and of course the Ravens win the Super Bowl in this scenario, that why we'll get the opening night game.

I love that the Ravens seem to play the Pats every year in addition to the Steelers, Texans and now the Broncos because they are considered the best among the AFC. Getting to match up with those teams are always fun, and next year seems like a lot of those games will be at the Bank and probably in Primetime. Just more chances for the greatest fanbase in the NFL to be displayed to the world.

knowing my luck the first time we play in Buffalo in a long time Im going to be far away in college... figures...

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1356545120' post='1279341']
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]While the Divisions you play are predetermined, the other games in the schedule are filled with other division winners if your team was a division winner; (ie, Denver, Houston)[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]EDIT:[/i][/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Another for instance, our schedule this year...[/i][/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]HOME: Steelers, Bengals, Browns, Patriots, Cowboys, Raiders, Broncos, Giants[/i][/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]AWAY: Steelers, Bengals, Browns, Eagles, Chiefs, Texans, Chargers, Redskins[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Take away our divisional games and you've got the AFC West (Broncos, Chargers, Raiders & Chiefs) and the NFC East (Giants, Eagles, Cowboys & Redskins). What remains is Patriots & Texans (both divisional winners from 2011).[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]It's a way to help keep the divisions competitive, I suppose.[/i][/font]

[/quote]

and a big old +1 your way.

Im stoked we play Miami. I can drive there easily. Basically means I get to see two games next season. Miami and my annual pilgrimage to B-More. :)

Saw this on ESPN.

[b]BALTIMORE RAVENS[/b]

What are your thoughts?
[/quote]
This is actually a pretty doable schedule. In a matchup between a healthy Ravens team and a healthy other team with no offseason changes I'd say we beat Jets, Vikes, Bills, Dolphins, and Lions without a doubt. Pats, Bears, and Texans are games I'd say we have a good-even chance of winning. Packers and Broncos are games that concern me.

That said, I have a feeling that this will be a very good offseason for the Ravens, due in no part to the fact that after the last one anything would seem very good.

[quote name='TonyTone1192' timestamp='1356564455' post='1279611']
I want to be at that New England Game!
[/quote]

Yep. I fly up for one home game a year.

Its gonna come down to that, the Pitt game, or if the opener is a juicy one.

Saw this on ESPN.

[b]BALTIMORE RAVENS[/b]

What are your thoughts?
[/quote]

Looks like ill be able to go to a ravens game since miami tix are dirt cheap

If there's no epic Houston rematch in the playoffs, I can bet that game will be enormous. Even if there is a rematch, whoever got knocked out will want blood.
Just keep AP in check (hopefully the '13 D doesn't find that too difficult) and pick off pesky Ponder.
New England—just do what we've done for the past 2 meetings, minus bad refs and dropped passes.
Green Bay will be a good one. I think that one will come down to which team is hotter at that point. We'll want to shake off the MNF stink.
As for the Jets...Just show up and we'll walk away with a W. I say we lose 3 games at the most. The only rough away games are Denver and maybe Chicago. Definitely Denver. That will be a grudge match.

Hello from across the pond!!

Apologies for hijacking this post, but I couldn't start a new topic which I'm guessing is due to the fact I've just registered!!

Only the last few years have I started following the NFL and even though I still don't understand all the rules (seems to be a new one every week) must admit I'm completely hooked. My Sunday nights over here are made up of at least 6 hours of action. I picked the Ravens as my team and must admit if they lose go into work on a Monday morning in a bad mood ha ha.

Anyway, quick question I'm travelling round the States next year for a few months and thought it would be a good idea to try and catch a Ravens game. How easy is it to get tickets for the games and can you get them from the Ravens ticket office?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Cheers
Dave

Its easy to get tickets but costly at their home stadium.
One option would be attend an away game.

Tickets are always available on the secondary market, but the "bigger" the game, the more they cost. If you want to get something reasonable, choose a less popular game and be willing to sit in nosebleed seats.

Saw this on ESPN.

[b]BALTIMORE RAVENS[/b]

What are your thoughts?
[/quote]
Detroit and Denver will be tough. Even if we keep Reed him and Smith (since webb has no shot at covering Megatron) will have a hard time containing him.

Peyton continues to own us and now he has a nice defense to compliment him.

I see us going 5-1 in the division with 2 or 3 losses here to fiish 12-4 or 13-3. All and all a nice easy schedule.