48 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,247 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

Suspension unlikely for Reed. Pierce a future starter? Ravens should go full speed vs. Cincy.

View the full article

#2 HomeoftheBRAVENS

HomeoftheBRAVENS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

Ed was tryna kill it lol

#3 jfreem23

jfreem23

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

Do it Ed

#4 ravenwildman

ravenwildman

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

Thank god Ed you are the greatest safety to ever play the game, because as a singer....I got to flag you man for hitting a defenseless listener in the ears! LOL Just kidding man, love your spirit!

I love the way the media is trying to figure out the Ravens, they all kind of mumble when they get mentioned after the pounding they put on the giants. Except Prime Time, who had Flacco as number one on his count down, wow, that never happened before.

Now we are playing some football baby, let's have fun!

GO RAVENS!

Edited by ravenwildman, 26 December 2012 - 09:53 AM.

#5 JHarris

JHarris

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

The better Pierce gets the more it will push Ray. Those two together for the next few years should be a great 1-2 punch. If the Ravens can improve the O-line in the off season maybe we'll finally see the consistency we know they can have.

#6 designermaryland

designermaryland

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

mckinnie is so huge next to these guys. incredible. but he looks pretty trim in this. not fat at all.

#7 designermaryland

designermaryland

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

the flags for secondary hits are getting to be a joke. he led with the shoulder, his helmet was no where near the receiver on the play. the man's helmet does hit ed's shoulder pad, but there is no intent to injure at all.

however, if these guys made a point to aim to hit the chest and also wrapped with their arms instead of just trying to unload on them and plow into them, i bet they would be flagged less.

#8 black blood purple passion

black blood purple passion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

was Chris Tucker in the stands? That guy kills me, but I don't know if its just because of his weird voice or not.

#9 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

the flags for secondary hits are getting to be a joke. he led with the shoulder, his helmet was no where near the receiver on the play. the man's helmet does hit ed's shoulder pad, but there is no intent to injure at all.

however, if these guys made a point to aim to hit the chest and also wrapped with their arms instead of just trying to unload on them and plow into them, i bet they would be flagged less.

I was thinking the same thing the other day. As irriated as I am at these junk calls; I do believe that if defenders deliberately went lower, and followed through with wrapping them up, we would see less calls.

I think the refs calls are absolutely reactionary; so they throw the flag simply because of how they perceived the hit. So if defenders make that seemingly slight adjustment, it could go a long way. Plus, we can't afford these personal fouls anymore!!

#10 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,362 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

I know there is a lot of talk against playing the starters to win on Sunday, even though I don't see us moving up to the #3 seed. I only have one thing to consider - Look what happened to Heath Miller this past Sunday, ACL surgery - gone for the season. I want to see a repeat of last week's performance to get into a good rhythm for the playoffs, but since we have nothing to gain, I think it would be a serious concern to risk something similar to Miller with a guy like Pitta, one game before the playoffs. I also think a guy with as many years as Birk, could use an extra weeks rest. Do we really want Jones risking injury on returns or do we want to see D. Reed. Just saying.....be careful what you wish for.

Edited by cobrajet, 26 December 2012 - 10:35 AM.

#11 NCMan

NCMan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

I agree about Pierce. Imagine if we devised a play w/him and Rice in a wishbone formation. Man,would that freak out a defense.

#12 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

I've heard the Temptations' version of 'Silent Night' but I can't carry a tune in a suitcase, so I commend Reed's effort and withhold further comment! lol

Bernard Pierce will force the coaches to dust off the "Two-Headed" Monster, or even the Three-headed" version with Vonte Leach!

Wilbert Montgomery, Running Backs Coach has been an advocate for hammering defenses "ole skool" style and as Jonathan Ogden pointed out years ago, he doesn't know of any offensive limemen who doesn't love blocking in the run game !!!

Edited by Mystigo_Dragon, 26 December 2012 - 10:42 AM.

#13 MDpgRaven

MDpgRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

hammer the gas all they way to the play offs - if the offense starts hot like they did last week, start resting guys at half time. if they start slow make them finish and earn a W

Happy Festivus Baltimore

#14 HomeoftheBRAVENS

HomeoftheBRAVENS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

If I see one more writer call Pierce a bruiser I swear.....

#15 HomeoftheBRAVENS

HomeoftheBRAVENS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

These guys should know football better than that.Pierce has never been a thumper.Hes a jump cut kind of guy.Hed rather jump over you tan take you head on.

#16 dwhravens

dwhravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

i think it works out better to have the 4 seed assuming the Texans hang on to the 1 seed. If we should make it to round 2, I would much rather play the Texans than the Broncos or Patriots. I believe the Texans have already peaked earlier in the season and Arian Foster's injury will be a factor.

Edited by dwhravens, 26 December 2012 - 10:56 AM.

#17 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

Joe only needs 217 yds to get the 4,000 yard mark. I would love to see another 300 yard, 3 TD outing. In fact, JOE NEEDS another game like last week.

#18 d1957w

d1957w

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

knew you had it in you Joe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#19 fusuymada

fusuymada

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

Flacco was 21 for 29 for 299 yards with a 72 percent completion rate and a qbr of 95.1 and 128.4 passer rating in last game against the Bungles. If we can keep our defense fresh and rested by getting a couple first downs here and there we will win. I said last week there was a lot of bashing going on in here but clearly the boo birds and fair weather fans that I said would disappear when we trashed the Giants sure enough have either disappeared or changed their tunes. Go Ravens!

#20 roamingcharges

roamingcharges

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

Is it just me or did that footage of Ed Reed breaking out silent night remind some of us of those doggone Mayflower trucks leaving Baltimore with our team packed in them? It felt like Ed was singing farewell to Baltimore after an illustrious career that should end with him hoisting the Lombardi trophy in New Orleans in a little more than a month. Ravens please make this happen; It is the only situation that should ease the pain of losing two Hall of Famers to retirement (or to other teams, depending on who you ask) in the same off-season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users