Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Late For Work 12/26: Must Listen: Ed Reed's Falsetto In Holiday Karaoke

50 posts in this topic

Suspension unlikely for Reed. Pierce a future starter? Ravens should go full speed vs. Cincy.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-1226-Must-Listen-Ed-Reeds-Falsetto-In-Holiday-Karaoke/ae6ade2a-06c9-4e71-9ca8-4737ca9b8e3b]View the full article[/url]

Thank god Ed you are the greatest safety to ever play the game, because as a singer....I got to flag you man for hitting a defenseless listener in the ears! LOL Just kidding man, love your spirit!

I love the way the media is trying to figure out the Ravens, they all kind of mumble when they get mentioned after the pounding they put on the giants. Except Prime Time, who had Flacco as number one on his count down, wow, that never happened before.

Now we are playing some football baby, let's have fun!

GO RAVENS!

The better Pierce gets the more it will push Ray. Those two together for the next few years should be a great 1-2 punch. If the Ravens can improve the O-line in the off season maybe we'll finally see the consistency we know they can have.

the flags for secondary hits are getting to be a joke. he led with the shoulder, his helmet was no where near the receiver on the play. the man's helmet does hit ed's shoulder pad, but there is no intent to injure at all.

however, if these guys made a point to aim to hit the chest and also wrapped with their arms instead of just trying to unload on them and plow into them, i bet they would be flagged less.

[quote name='designermaryland' timestamp='1356534651' post='1279208']
the flags for secondary hits are getting to be a joke. he led with the shoulder, his helmet was no where near the receiver on the play. the man's helmet does hit ed's shoulder pad, but there is no intent to injure at all.

however, if these guys made a point to aim to hit the chest and also wrapped with their arms instead of just trying to unload on them and plow into them, i bet they would be flagged less.
[/quote] I was thinking the same thing the other day. As irriated as I am at these junk calls; I do believe that if defenders deliberately went lower, and followed through with wrapping them up, we would see less calls.

I think the refs calls are absolutely reactionary; so they throw the flag simply because of how they perceived the hit. So if defenders make that seemingly slight adjustment, it could go a long way. Plus, we can't afford these personal fouls anymore!!

I know there is a lot of talk against playing the starters to win on Sunday, even though I don't see us moving up to the #3 seed. I only have one thing to consider - Look what happened to Heath Miller this past Sunday, ACL surgery - gone for the season. I want to see a repeat of last week's performance to get into a good rhythm for the playoffs, but since we have nothing to gain, I think it would be a serious concern to risk something similar to Miller with a guy like Pitta, one game before the playoffs. I also think a guy with as many years as Birk, could use an extra weeks rest. Do we really want Jones risking injury on returns or do we want to see D. Reed. Just saying.....be careful what you wish for.

I agree about Pierce. Imagine if we devised a play w/him and Rice in a wishbone formation. Man,would that freak out a defense.

I've heard the Temptations' version of 'Silent Night' but I can't carry a tune in a suitcase, so I commend Reed's effort and withhold further comment! lol

Bernard Pierce will force the coaches to dust off the "Two-Headed" Monster, or even the Three-headed" version with Vonte Leach!

Wilbert Montgomery, Running Backs Coach has been an advocate for hammering defenses "ole skool" style and as Jonathan Ogden pointed out years ago, he doesn't know of any offensive limemen who doesn't love blocking in the run game !!!

hammer the gas all they way to the play offs - if the offense starts hot like they did last week, start resting guys at half time. if they start slow make them finish and earn a W

Happy Festivus Baltimore

These guys should know football better than that.Pierce has never been a thumper.Hes a jump cut kind of guy.Hed rather jump over you tan take you head on.

i think it works out better to have the 4 seed assuming the Texans hang on to the 1 seed. If we should make it to round 2, I would much rather play the Texans than the Broncos or Patriots. I believe the Texans have already peaked earlier in the season and Arian Foster's injury will be a factor.

Joe only needs 217 yds to get the 4,000 yard mark. I would love to see another 300 yard, 3 TD outing. In fact, JOE NEEDS another game like last week.

Flacco was 21 for 29 for 299 yards with a 72 percent completion rate and a qbr of 95.1 and 128.4 passer rating in last game against the Bungles. If we can keep our defense fresh and rested by getting a couple first downs here and there we will win. I said last week there was a lot of bashing going on in here but clearly the boo birds and fair weather fans that I said would disappear when we trashed the Giants sure enough have either disappeared or changed their tunes. Go Ravens!

Is it just me or did that footage of Ed Reed breaking out silent night remind some of us of those doggone Mayflower trucks leaving Baltimore with our team packed in them? It felt like Ed was singing farewell to Baltimore after an illustrious career that should end with him hoisting the Lombardi trophy in New Orleans in a little more than a month. Ravens please make this happen; It is the only situation that should ease the pain of losing two Hall of Famers to retirement (or to other teams, depending on who you ask) in the same off-season.

Good to see everyone enjoying their Christmas. But, I believe the way our season has gone.. We need rest some players. & The way Pierce has run this season ... I dont want him to leave .

Looks like the team has started to find some chemistry again. Glad to see "Good" Joe return to the field. I think the D played great. Great to see Ellerbe back and Ngata look like his old self. Hope this is the beginning of a hot streak.

Another point to consider about that Heath Miller injury is the fact the defender went low. Oh sure, we'll have less concussions caused by helmet-to-helmet by forcing defenders to go low, but you'll see an increase in torn up knees and ankles.

Peter Schmuck needs to worry less about what the talking heads "think" about the team and think more about what this team really needs. What we need is every player with a nagging injury that they've been playing through (Suggs, Ellerbe, Ngata, Reed, Pollard, J. Smith, T. Smith, Yanda, Leach, Boldin, and I'm sure more) to rest an extra week and be healthy for the playoffs. This "momentum" stuff is journalistic nonsense and I don't buy it. Remember in '09 when the Saints and Colts rested their starters after going 14-0 and everybody said they'd be "rusty" when the playoffs started? And then which two teams made it to the Super Bowl that year?

"Momentum" is just a lazy, shorthand way for sportswriters to talk about better preparation, coaching, health, and execution.

I enjoyed watching Ed Reed howl into the mic. At least the players are having a good time for Christmas. I disagree with the idea of keeping momentum in the Cincy game. Our offense is so sporadic we could play our starters in Cincy and still go flat. All I see is another opportunity for someone to get hurt.

"[i]But The Sun columnist says the Ravens need to treat Sunday like a must-win situation because they can't afford to risk losing momentum.[/i]"

Oh, definitely. Risking injury to key players for virtually nothing hower, is something the Ravens can easily afford apparently, much rather than losing momentum - right, Mr. Shmuck?

OK, I see that the whole organization wants so badly to seem like they're taking a rather pointless game seriously - maybe to avoid some kind of fines from the NFL for not playing full strength... But this is quickly getting ridiculous. we all know that Flacco will play - especially in the first half. Rice will play too, but Pierce is gonna get much more playing time. And also, we all know some key players won't play at all, or at least the bst part of the game - especially those who need rest.

bio

I just feel that momentum is Key heading into the playoffs, why not play to win regardless of what the Pats are doing, worry about our team and let whatever is going to happen fall into place.

[quote name='Detroit-Raven1996!' timestamp='1356543261' post='1279320']
I just feel that momentum is Key heading into the playoffs, why not play to win regardless of what the Pats are doing, worry about our team and let whatever is going to happen fall into place.
[/quote]

It's been brought up the last few days here a couple of times: the Pats lost Welker for the playoffs in 2009 when they made him play in week #17, a totally unimportant game. Hands up those who think that momentum thing would be worth risking such season-ending injuries to Flacco, Rice, Ngata, Suggs, Boldin, Torrey Smith, etc... Because any player can go down with an injury any moment...

If I had to chose between preventing our key players get injured and keeping momentum, I'd chose the first one...

And anyway, that momentum thing never really seemed to work for us this season...

bio