Training Camp      Stadium Practices     

Photo

[News] Will Ravens Rest Players vs. Cincinnati?

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,829 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

Ravens Head Coach John Harbaugh will be faced will an age-old question this week. Should he rest players in the regular-season finale against the Bengals and get as healthy as possible for the po...

View the full article

#2 4evermore23

4evermore23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

Rest our our starters let adrian hamilton and the reserves run free our second tier recivers can b starters i think laquan is solid deonte is good wish streeter could get se work in we love to see omar brown out there let them get some work in we may need em in the playoffs

#3 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

No rest until watching the probowl on tv due to playing in the superbowl. Take advantage of every series and gel, gel, gel until holding a trophy above the heads. We played Rice, Pierce and Allen, that's resting/sharing. McKinnie was on the field, Ray Lewis is resting right now. Coach out of these games Harbaugh, you won me back over. Caldwell, continue and explode the offense, the fuse has been lit. Pees, the intensity is unmatched of all year, keep turning the nob and shake the ground touchdowns are made on.

Edited by Grapple Raven, 25 December 2012 - 03:51 PM.
Profanity

#4 NCMan

NCMan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

Most likely the Bengals will rest up, since they have nothing at all to gain by winning, other than pride and momentum. That should help us. It's a longshot for us to move up, but one never knows. Miami might come to play and also the Patsies haven't played well lately. They did get chewed out by Brady, though.

#5 CxM_27

CxM_27

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Yes. The should. Jimmy, Reed, Ed, Terrell, Yanda, Ellerbe, & Pollard. I kind of want Anquan to reach 100 yards. but he might need the rest.

#6 Stephenjr

Stephenjr

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

I say rest,there is no way Miami will beat the Patriots in New England.Once Again the Patriots go to the Super Bowl and then get the NFL's easiest schedule.In all honesty we should have the 3 seed cause we beat the Eagles earlier in the year but the replacement refs took away a Jacoby Jones TD!! Thats 2 TD 'S that have been stolen from Jacoby and Joe this season!!Plus we beat the Pats already this year. I don't care what seed we are,If we play like we did Sunday We can beat any team in the NFL!!!!!!!!!!

#7 RavenFan28105

RavenFan28105

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

I say starters play for a half and then send the backups in the 2nd half

#8 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

I see us playing hard for 1st half, then decide to pull few starters if we are leading. Otherwise, if this game is close, This game will be no different than any other games.

#9 NCMan

NCMan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

@Stephenjr.....hate to burst your bubble, especially since I'm no fan of the Patsies, but we had a slightly easier schedule than they did, going by strength of schedule. Our combined opponents had a .484 winning pct., while theirs had a .502.

http://www.nfl.com/d...son-ended-today

#10 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

Give anyone with even a scratch a rest and give the healthy players and backups a chance.

#11 breden16

breden16

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

i say we rest defensuve players. on offense rest boldin and maybe yanda and let the offense keep on rollin. the only players on d that need to gel our the secondary so i say we rest ellerbe suggs probably pollard because inhedigo is playing great. i want baltimore to play for the win so hopefully we can rest some players and still get a w

#12 EmpireState_Blackbird42

EmpireState_Blackbird42

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

Well, the Bengals said they'll be using their starters according to rotoworld. I want to say play our staters also to keep our momentum going. But if we play horrible or someone important gets injured, that can easily cost us in the long run (playoff wise).

http://www.rotoworld...ters-in-week-17

#13 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

This is the energy we been looking for all year long. They was resting on a 3 game losing streak now they are fired up. Rest comes with heavy rotation while staying use to contact. Research our rest history vs got to get it history.

#14 hugostiglitz

hugostiglitz

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

look at the packers last year, i don't know if resting players is really the answer. the offense should be getting into a stide right now to hit it hard in the playoffs.

#15 legoRavs!

legoRavs!

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

haha.. Ravens fans still salty about week 2? vs eagles?... yep we are doug on replacement refs!!! they cost us the number 3 seeding cuz of that jacoby jones they took away.... arrrghhhh!!!!!!!!

#16 raven5286

raven5286

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

Should we rest our QB and give our backup a shot or let Flacco play a half while Tyrod takes the second half

#17 trayRaves

trayRaves

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

I agree with Hugostiglitz. I think the offense needs to at least play a half to maintain some continuity and consistency. With the defense, you get what you get and the guys that rest on that side of the ball hadn't played in awhile anyway.

I digress. If the defense plays the way they did against the Giants in the playoffs and the offense displays similar play, I don't think ANYONE wants to see the Ravens, that includes the two teams who destroyed us this year (Texans and Broncos respectively). In fact, I don't see both the #1 and #2 seeds being around come AFC Championship time. One or both will be gone.

#18 NCMan

NCMan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

I don't know what Harbaugh will do,but I'd love to see Taylor get at least a little bit of playing time, even if it's while Flacco is playing. You have to have a backup QB get some experience some time. If Flacco ever goes down, he'd have some actual game experience. I don't care how or when he gets it, but it's invaluable. And coming in at the end of a game for a couple of kneeldowns is not experience. Like to see Allen and a few others get to play, too. But, we'll see.....

#19 Bitter5

Bitter5

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

Should Resting: Pitta, Nagata, Reed, Pollard, Rice, Yanda, Suggs and Ellerbe.
Half game Rest: Joe Flacco, Vonta Leach, Arther Jones, Paul Kruger, Mcphee.
Full Game: Put Players, who did not get chance to show up in regular season. May be some of step up or shine as OMAR in last game.

#20 NCMan

NCMan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

@NaveSenrag.....if we rest all the players w/even a scratch, we'll not have anyone to play....just kidding, of course. I agree w/you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users