57 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,578 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:48 AM

The Ravens used the second-year corner as the nickel back against the Giants.

View the full article

#2 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:16 AM

I was glad to see some largely unknown players stepping up when they needed to. It was refreshing and I hope Chykie can really make a difference on this team. Goodness knows our secondary needs it.

#3 Amesr52

Amesr52

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

I remember a few years ago of a cb that was young that started to get some opportunities and got better and better each week. Now he is a shutdown corner and the ravens clear number one when he is healthy. This guy has potential to be our next Lardarius as long as he can prove that this is a consistent thing and not just a one game performance.

#4 Bitter5

Bitter5

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

Feeling great to hear our young players steps up..and understand the role in team. If OZZIE draft you, you must have something special, but need to polish.

#5 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,321 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

great game Chykie! we need our young defensive lions like you to roar! keep it up!

~Mili

#6 NCMan

NCMan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

Overall, I think he played well,as much as I saw. He didn't look good at all giving up that late TD, though. The coaches know what they have w/him. Best of luck to him and the whole team. Go Ravens!!

#7 frankthebunny

frankthebunny

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

Even though his rookie season was a disappointment, Chykie has really shown something not just on defense, but on special teams as well. If he continues to play and improve like this, he has a bright future. Clearly the Steelers chose the wrong "C. Brown" from Texas last year, and we got the right one.

#8 4evermore23

4evermore23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

We shut down 1 of the hottest tandems out there i like chykie play alot he listen more than jimmy and dosent just rely on his talent play ur man play the scheme dont get caught peeking in the backfield and we saw the results in chykie game jimmy need to take notes imagine our future secondary jimmy,webb,and chykie tht sounds great to me i beilive cary is gone someone is gonna over pay him

#9 4evermore23

4evermore23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

In ozzie we trust

#10 Arclite720

Arclite720

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

Great game Chykie!!!! Hey Harbaugh, if you play young players more it may not take a crisis to see what you have!!! Hope he continues to improve and gets the number two job!! Sad that a first round pick is still getting torched/can't stay healthy and is regulated to special teams.

#11 bmorecat

bmorecat

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

I always seen the fight in him.... He doesn't make a lot of mistake... He is still young and now getting the chance... He has long arms which I like... Jimmy needs to get better on his football IQ. Happy for Chykie..

#12 Ravensfan4life2010

Ravensfan4life2010

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

Cary Williams keeps making a case to be 4th cb. I hope ojimmy smith plays the entire game on Sunday to get the rust off

#13 bmorecat

bmorecat

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

I think Harbaugh should try Jimmy at safety behind Ed. Because he seem to bite on the fake too much. At least he would have more time to correct his mistake and stop costing us first downs... He is big and could hit... What do have to lose because he ain't showing progress at all.

#14 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

Chykie was very impressive last year in pre-season, imo, and I truly like him and his high potential. Maybe this is the opportunity he needs to prove himself. He has been playing very well this year, overall.

#15 axisofeeble

axisofeeble

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

5'11" iffy at best. Let's see him cover AJ Green before Thomas or Decker from Denver out reach him. Jimmy Smith is more suited to that spot if he can beat out Brown. The pass rush pressure made our secondary look adequate against Eli. Can we generate a pass rush every week from now on? Rest and heal our defense. Cincy game is not important except as a tune-up for Caldwell's tweaks.

#16 axisofeeble

axisofeeble

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

If Cary Williams play this year can refuse a Ravens long term contract then Brown must be another Champ Baily in the making.

#17 bmorecat

bmorecat

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

What's the different Jimmy and Petterson corner back with the Cardinals.... The answer is night and day.. Jimmy has playedto his ability.. Coming out their draft on base on skills Jimmy was ranked higher. U can't wait for every for a player to come around... When u do that u kill other people carrier. U remember Kyle Boller?

#18 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

I remember I was so nervous when Brown was on the field before this game. I'm happy to stand corrected.

#19 Aviano87

Aviano87

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

Speaking of young players stepping up, I thought the practice squad linebacker Hamilton looked good on special teams. He had a couple of tackles. Let's hope he will get a chance to rush the passer on Sunday. You can never have too many pass rushers!

#20 CxM_27

CxM_27

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

I think We need to let Cary walk this offseason. With Corey, Webb, Chykie, Jimmy, Asa, & maybe another drafted CB. We will be perfectly fine at CB.. Maybe even better

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users