41 replies to this topic

#1 I AM LEGEND

I AM LEGEND

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

5 losses....with 1 less loss we'd be playing for something on Sunday..so which one do u want back..

Eagles?
Texans?
Skins?
Steelers?
Broncos?

Me personally..I'm gonna eliminate the broncos and texans game..even tho we're one pick 6 away from at least competing against denver

That leaves Philly, Pitt and Washington

I can stomach the early season loss to philly..at the time a superbowl candidate..

So that leaves skins and steelers..

Its easy...we lost at home to Charlie Batch..he ended our home streak and its the Steelers...yes the Skin game hurt a lot considering we got RG3 outta there and they still won..but I knew that team was gonna go on a playoff push..

#2 theFRANCHISE

theFRANCHISE

Hall of Famer

• Reserve Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,134 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

The Steelers game. The emotions of the other losses aside, it's never a good feeling, losing to a divisional opponent.

Posted Image

#3 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,816 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

The Steelers game. The emotions of the other losses aside, it's never a good feeling, losing to a divisional opponent.

Yup. That game made me feel ill. It's a combination of how we lost, losing to Pitt, and losing at home for the first time in 15 games.

@gabefergy

#4 theFRANCHISE

theFRANCHISE

Hall of Famer

• Reserve Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,134 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

Yup. That game made me feel ill. It's a combination of how we lost, losing to Pitt, and losing at home for the first time in 15 games.

For me, it wasn't even the circumstances of the loss that bothered me. It was just the fact that it was the Steelers. Even a loss to the Bengals or Browns wouldn't have killed me. Losing to the Steelers, after finally stringing consecutive wins against them, was just sickening.

Posted Image

#5 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

I wasn't as angry when we lost to the Steelers. I don't know why but that game just didn't feel real. I'll take the Redskins and Steelers loss because it got rid of Cam. I was ok with the Broncos loss as well because it was a wake up call that a single coach was not the only problem.

Even though the Texans game may have been an actual game if not for the early pick 6 I'm going to choose the Eagles game. My friend is a huge fan but at least watching them fall on their face made me feel better. I just hate DeSean Jackson and Michael Vick, terrible cocky players who think they are worth more than they are.

Edited by dhstandard, 25 December 2012 - 02:40 PM.

2yno6dx.png

#6 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

Steelers, easily. To lose to a divisional opponent in our own backyard with an off-the-shelf QB... stomach churning and it started the whole mess we're in now. It would've been nice to not only win the AFC North Crown two years in a row, but to sweep our division for two years in a row would've been sweeter.

~ Cosmic
Cannot believe 'Steelers' is being highlighted for spell-check. C'mon forums!

WE RAISE OUR HEAVY GLASS TO YOU IN OUR INDESTRUCTIBLE DAYS
login.png
MAY HEAVENS CALL TO YOU, MAY STARS ALIGN AND LIGHT YOUR WAY

#7 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

Steelers.
There is NO good reason we should have lost that game.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#8 TreTheRaven

TreTheRaven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

Denver -- I have grown used to Peyton and his winning ways against Baltimore. While I would like to see a win happen against him, Peyton is one of the best I have ever seen play, and just adapted to the situation.

Philadelphia -- It would be nice to play them again with regular refs, but after watching yesterdays crew, maybe it's not just the replacement refs that are a problem. It is what it is.

Houston -- That game disgusts me. I don't know if I could handle being disgusted again.

Washington -- Let them bask in their glory. I will say this that it is good to see someone else having their fun in the NFC East.

That only leaves one last option.

Pittsburgh. Charlie Batch. Really? I think that loss took an emotional toll on the team. Also like others stated -- a divisional opponent is always rough. Which leaves me to say, beat Cincy next weekend.

#9 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,197 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

The game against the Broncos, because of all teams with home field advantage they concern me the most.

#10 SuggsBarber

SuggsBarber

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

For me it'd be a tossup between the Eagles or the Steeler games. With the Eagles, the defense couldn't protect the lead by making the Eagles drive the length of the field. As it turned out, they pretty much imploded soon after. The Steelers because well, it the Steelers. Again the defense couldn't protect the lead.But to balance those, we probably had no business winning the Dallas or San Diego games. Face it,we got lucky in Kansas City as well.

#11 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

The game against the Broncos, because of all teams with home field advantage they concern me the most.

If we, DBs especially, play like they did yesterday -- we could beat Denver. I'm not saying it'd be a blowout, but we could at least put ourselves in a manageable situation.

~ Cosmic
Keep Peyton on the sidelines next time. You know, where he's least effective.

WE RAISE OUR HEAVY GLASS TO YOU IN OUR INDESTRUCTIBLE DAYS
login.png
MAY HEAVENS CALL TO YOU, MAY STARS ALIGN AND LIGHT YOUR WAY

#12 Alexir

Alexir

Dark Wings, Dark Words

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:07 AM

I want the Dallas game back because maybe if we re did it we wouldn't of lost Webb or Ray :(

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Rings don't lie.
PSN Alexir23

#13 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,757 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

Skins game. We had no business losing that game. We had it in the bag

#14 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

steelers. division rivals....charlie batch....and their obnoxious fans! smh!

~Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I don’t care about the opponent. They’re nameless, gray faces!"

- Mike Tomlin

#15 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

steelers. division rivals....charlie batch....and their obnoxious fans! smh!

~Mili

That was their SB. They aren't even in the playoffs. Let them troll....
Banned

#16 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,997 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

Give me Caldwell and i'll replay the entire schedule. I don't wanna make the guy out to be great, because Cam did put in a lot of leg work, but watching him use his players to attack the Giants, I couldn't help but think about all the games i yelled at Cam. Most time it was because of basic thing he didn't do.

Like in Philly, Rice is getting like 5 yards a pop and you decide to air it out. It's cool to pass, but try a simple play action just to keep the defense honest. Had a double digit lead, that wasnt able to hold it because Cam went away from what was working.

Against the Texans, the Packers showed the blue print to beat them. Spread them out and attack them with quick passes. Force their LBs into coverage on early downs. Force them to rush only 4 and it becomes less difficult to double Watt. But Cam decided to play to "their" strengths by playing power football.

Against the Steelers, Flacco has had success the last 3 year against when allowed to spread them out. Put Joe in the shotgun and let him work. However again we play to their strengths by playing power football and being ultra conservative. As if he doesn't trust his offense.

Really don't have much compliant about the Redskin game. Only thing would probably be to attack a injured Hall more. Much like they just did with Webster.

If Caldwell had be the OC and the offense gameplaned to attack weakness every game, I like the Ravens chances. 15-0 right now? I doubt it, but I think we definitely beat Philly and Wash. Get up 2 scores on the Texans and their offense goes into a shell. However just losing Ray and Webb, the D probably would have let them score a few.

I seriously feel the Ravens have the Division and #1Seed locked up right now without Cam.

mj5v69.jpg

#17 tctony

tctony

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:11 AM

Skins game. We had no business losing that game. We had it in the bag

I hate blaming refs...but I still disagree with the ruling they made on that kickoff fumble.

I'd want the Skins game back too. Defense couldn't stop a nosebleed there. Ravens had something like a 90+% chance to win that game with 4 minutes left and blew it.

GO RAVENS!

Posted Image

#18 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

Give me Caldwell and i'll replay the entire schedule. I don't wanna make the guy out to be great, because Cam did put in a lot of leg work, but watching him use his players to attack the Giants, I couldn't help but think about all the games i yelled at Cam. Most time it was because of basic thing he didn't do.

Like in Philly, Rice is getting like 5 yards a pop and you decide to air it out. It's cool to pass, but try a simple play action just to keep the defense honest. Had a double digit lead, that wasnt able to hold it because Cam went away from what was working.

Against the Texans, the Packers showed the blue print to beat them. Spread them out and attack them with quick passes. Force their LBs into coverage on early downs. Force them to rush only 4 and it becomes less difficult to double Watt. But Cam decided to play to "their" strengths by playing power football.

Against the Steelers, Flacco has had success the last 3 year against when allowed to spread them out. Put Joe in the shotgun and let him work. However again we play to their strengths by playing power football and being ultra conservative. As if he doesn't trust his offense.

Really don't have much compliant about the Redskin game. Only thing would probably be to attack a injured Hall more. Much like they just did with Webster.

If Caldwell had be the OC and the offense gameplaned to attack weakness every game, I like the Ravens chances. 15-0 right now? I doubt it, but I think we definitely beat Philly and Wash. Get up 2 scores on the Texans and their offense goes into a shell. However just losing Ray and Webb, the D probably would have let them score a few.

I seriously feel the Ravens have the Division and #1Seed locked up right now without Cam.

We'd be unbeatable without Cam if we got rid of him earlier...... At full health as a team anyway.
Banned

#19 SpiderWebb21

SpiderWebb21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:16 AM

I think, like most, the Steelers was the toughest. Considering it was at home, against CHARLIE BATCH. I had high expectations for the Ravens going in. I thought they'd pour it on and the defense would feast.

Another that hit hard for me was the Skins game. For the fact that the game was in the bag, and they let them come back. Also, because I attended that game, and I'm from Cincinnati, so I only get to attend a couple of games a year. I thought it was over, here I was, throwing out high fives to fellow Ravens fans and then they come back, tie it, take it in overtime, won. Made me feel sick.

#20 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,997 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:20 AM

We'd be unbeatable without Cam if we got rid of him earlier...... At full health as a team anyway.

Well realistically, you'll have one or two stinkers per year. However, I feel Cam held flacco back and if you hold Flacco back, you hold the offense back.

This offense reach it's full potential and the Ravens are one of the best, if not the best team in the NFL

mj5v69.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users