Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I AM LEGEND

What game do you want back?

42 posts in this topic

5 losses....with 1 less loss we'd be playing for something on Sunday..so which one do u want back..

Eagles?
Texans?
Skins?
Steelers?
Broncos?

Me personally..I'm gonna eliminate the broncos and texans game..even tho we're one pick 6 away from at least competing against denver

That leaves Philly, Pitt and Washington

I can stomach the early season loss to philly..at the time a superbowl candidate..

So that leaves skins and steelers..

Its easy...we lost at home to Charlie Batch..he ended our home streak and its the Steelers...yes the Skin game hurt a lot considering we got RG3 outta there and they still won..but I knew that team was gonna go on a playoff push..

The Steelers game. The emotions of the other losses aside, it's never a good feeling, losing to a divisional opponent.

[quote name='theFRANCHISE' timestamp='1356408094' post='1278496']
The Steelers game. The emotions of the other losses aside, it's never a good feeling, losing to a divisional opponent.
[/quote]
Yup. That game made me feel ill. It's a combination of how we lost, losing to Pitt, and losing at home for the first time in 15 games.

[quote name='gabefergy' timestamp='1356408241' post='1278500']
Yup. That game made me feel ill. It's a combination of how we lost, losing to Pitt, and losing at home for the first time in 15 games.
[/quote]

For me, it wasn't even the circumstances of the loss that bothered me. It was just the fact that it was the Steelers. Even a loss to the Bengals or Browns wouldn't have killed me. Losing to the Steelers, after finally stringing consecutive wins against them, was just sickening.

I wasn't as angry when we lost to the Steelers. I don't know why but that game just didn't feel real. I'll take the Redskins and Steelers loss because it got rid of Cam. I was ok with the Broncos loss as well because it was a wake up call that a single coach was not the only problem.

Even though the Texans game may have been an actual game if not for the early pick 6 I'm going to choose the Eagles game. My friend is a huge fan but at least watching them fall on their face made me feel better. I just hate DeSean Jackson and Michael Vick, terrible cocky players who think they are worth more than they are.

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Steelers, easily. To lose to a divisional opponent in our own backyard with an off-the-shelf QB... stomach churning and it started the whole mess we're in now. It would've been nice to not only win the AFC North Crown two years in a row, but to sweep our division for two years in a row would've been sweeter.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]~ Cosmic[/i][/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Cannot believe 'Steelers' is being highlighted for spell-check. C'mon forums![/i][/font]

Denver -- I have grown used to Peyton and his winning ways against Baltimore. While I would like to see a win happen against him, Peyton is one of the best I have ever seen play, and just adapted to the situation.

Philadelphia -- It would be nice to play them again with regular refs, but after watching yesterdays crew, maybe it's not just the replacement refs that are a problem. It is what it is.

Houston -- That game disgusts me. I don't know if I could handle being disgusted again.

Washington -- Let them bask in their glory. I will say this that it is good to see someone else having their fun in the NFC East.

That only leaves one last option.

Pittsburgh. Charlie Batch. Really? I think that loss took an emotional toll on the team. Also like others stated -- a divisional opponent is always rough. Which leaves me to say, beat Cincy next weekend.

For me it'd be a tossup between the Eagles or the Steeler games. With the Eagles, the defense couldn't protect the lead by making the Eagles drive the length of the field. As it turned out, they pretty much imploded soon after. The Steelers because well, it the Steelers. Again the defense couldn't protect the lead.But to balance those, we probably had no business winning the Dallas or San Diego games. Face it,we got lucky in Kansas City as well.

[quote name='GrimCoconut' timestamp='1356409807' post='1278528']
The game against the Broncos, because of all teams with home field advantage they concern me the most.
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]If we, DBs especially, play like they did yesterday -- we could beat Denver. I'm not saying it'd be a blowout, but we could at least put ourselves in a manageable situation.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]~ Cosmic[/i][/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Keep Peyton on the sidelines next time. You know, where he's least effective.[/i][/font]

I want the Dallas game back because maybe if we re did it we wouldn't of lost Webb or Ray :(

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1356414489' post='1278565']
steelers. division rivals....charlie batch....and their obnoxious fans! smh!

~Mili
[/quote]
That was their SB. They aren't even in the playoffs. Let them troll....

Give me Caldwell and i'll replay the entire schedule. I don't wanna make the guy out to be great, because Cam did put in a lot of leg work, but watching him use his players to attack the Giants, I couldn't help but think about all the games i yelled at Cam. Most time it was because of basic thing he didn't do.

Like in Philly, Rice is getting like 5 yards a pop and you decide to air it out. It's cool to pass, but try a simple play action just to keep the defense honest. Had a double digit lead, that wasnt able to hold it because Cam went away from what was working.

Against the Texans, the Packers showed the blue print to beat them. Spread them out and attack them with quick passes. Force their LBs into coverage on early downs. Force them to rush only 4 and it becomes less difficult to double Watt. But Cam decided to play to "their" strengths by playing power football.

Against the Steelers, Flacco has had success the last 3 year against when allowed to spread them out. Put Joe in the shotgun and let him work. However again we play to their strengths by playing power football and being ultra conservative. As if he doesn't trust his offense.

Really don't have much compliant about the Redskin game. Only thing would probably be to attack a injured Hall more. Much like they just did with Webster.

If Caldwell had be the OC and the offense gameplaned to attack weakness every game, I like the Ravens chances. 15-0 right now? I doubt it, but I think we definitely beat Philly and Wash. Get up 2 scores on the Texans and their offense goes into a shell. However just losing Ray and Webb, the D probably would have let them score a few.

I seriously feel the Ravens have the Division and #1Seed locked up right now without Cam.

[quote name='Ravenseconbeast' timestamp='1356413311' post='1278561']
Skins game. We had no business losing that game. We had it in the bag
[/quote]

I hate blaming refs...but I still disagree with the ruling they made on that kickoff fumble.

I'd want the Skins game back too. Defense couldn't stop a nosebleed there. Ravens had something like a 90+% chance to win that game with 4 minutes left and blew it.

[quote name='Ravensfan23' timestamp='1356414990' post='1278572']
Give me Caldwell and i'll replay the entire schedule. I don't wanna make the guy out to be great, because Cam did put in a lot of leg work, but watching him use his players to attack the Giants, I couldn't help but think about all the games i yelled at Cam. Most time it was because of basic thing he didn't do.

Like in Philly, Rice is getting like 5 yards a pop and you decide to air it out. It's cool to pass, but try a simple play action just to keep the defense honest. Had a double digit lead, that wasnt able to hold it because Cam went away from what was working.

Against the Texans, the Packers showed the blue print to beat them. Spread them out and attack them with quick passes. Force their LBs into coverage on early downs. Force them to rush only 4 and it becomes less difficult to double Watt. But Cam decided to play to "their" strengths by playing power football.

Against the Steelers, Flacco has had success the last 3 year against when allowed to spread them out. Put Joe in the shotgun and let him work. However again we play to their strengths by playing power football and being ultra conservative. As if he doesn't trust his offense.

Really don't have much compliant about the Redskin game. Only thing would probably be to attack a injured Hall more. Much like they just did with Webster.

If Caldwell had be the OC and the offense gameplaned to attack weakness every game, I like the Ravens chances. 15-0 right now? I doubt it, but I think we definitely beat Philly and Wash. Get up 2 scores on the Texans and their offense goes into a shell. However just losing Ray and Webb, the D probably would have let them score a few.

I seriously feel the Ravens have the Division and #1Seed locked up right now without Cam.
[/quote]
We'd be unbeatable without Cam if we got rid of him earlier...... At full health as a team anyway.

I think, like most, the Steelers was the toughest. Considering it was at home, against CHARLIE BATCH. I had high expectations for the Ravens going in. I thought they'd pour it on and the defense would feast.

Another that hit hard for me was the Skins game. For the fact that the game was in the bag, and they let them come back. Also, because I attended that game, and I'm from Cincinnati, so I only get to attend a couple of games a year. I thought it was over, here I was, throwing out high fives to fellow Ravens fans and then they come back, tie it, take it in overtime, won. Made me feel sick.

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1356415971' post='1278579']

We'd be unbeatable without Cam if we got rid of him earlier...... At full health as a team anyway.
[/quote]

Well realistically, you'll have one or two stinkers per year. However, I feel Cam held flacco back and if you hold Flacco back, you hold the offense back.

This offense reach it's full potential and the Ravens are one of the best, if not the best team in the NFL

Philly - we had that game won if that bogus call on Jones wasn't made - a lot of games you can point out calls and say "well if this had gone our way..." but in that game, that one call really was the difference between a win and a loss. And if we win it, we have a shot at 12-4, and I believe, the number 1 seed in the playoffs by virtue of our tie-breaking win over the Patriots. So if we win next week, that one play could have been the difference between home-field advantage throughout the playoffs and whatever seed we end up with. Not to mention, living in Philly, it was soooo annoying to have to listen for weeks about how much better Vick was than Flacco.

I'd call it a tossup between Philly and Texans. We lost at Philly because of a bogus call and our receivers getting held the whole damn game. Even Cam's horrific playcalling in the second half wasn't going to stop us. At Houston would make us 11-4 with tie breakers over the Texans and Patriots and a decent chance of snagging the #1 seed.

Eh, the game's the game. I wouldn't take back any of it because it made the team we saw yesterday. For better or worse, we're AFC North champs and about to make a run alllllll the way through the playoffs so no regrets for me personally.

Merry Christmas again!

Definitely the skins game for me. I grew up and live in skins territory, but have been a life long Colts/Ravens fan. Ugh!!! 4 years of listening to crap!

I'm going to play Devils' Advocate here for a bit

Emotionally the easy one would be the steelers game just because they're our arch rivals and they beat us w/ a THIRD string QB in our back yard.
That game as well as the Skins game I believe hurt the most. In Landover we were up by 8 w/ 4minutes left to play against a back up rookie in Cousins and we couldn't get a stop to seal the game. Not only did we give up a touchdown but we gave up a 2 point conversion. Something I'm not used to seeing from our defense. Idk if that game hurt more b/c I was there in person and being amidst all of the happy skins fans made me SICK!

But w/ the Texans and Broncos being the two best teams in the AFC (record wise) I would say one of those two. It's hard to stomach a loss especially one at home. But staying away from emotions I would say ultimately I would want the Texans game back.

At that point in the season they were rolling and there is no better feeling than going into a bye w/ a win beating a power house.(maybe that loss helped us b/c after the bye we went on a 4 game win streak) But also for a bit of confidence. Beating the best team(at that point) on the road.. We all are aware that over the past few seasons we have not played well on the road and that road win would have been a huge one and a great confidence booster.

We won the Eagles game but the ref's gave it to them. (Jacoby got robbed - it was a TD!)

Skins, we just crapped the bed in the end.

Hands down, Steelers game against Batch. After two losses his career would have been done after this season.

(I may be biased being married to a woman from Pittsburgh and having to go their to visit my in-laws)