136 replies to this topic

#1 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

Once again the Oz has found a gem that was on no ones radar. I am of course talking about Pierce. The guy has feature RB potential. He is not afraid of contact and i think he likes the contact. Oz has came through yet again and we are so blessed to have him. Pierce you are a BEAST and are a "True Raven" in every sense of the title. Play hard, punish the opponent and gain yards. Now that's Ravens Football my friends.
This spot reserved for Super Bowl celebratory images !!

#2 Crabcakes&Football

Crabcakes&Football

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

Oops we did it again!

Pierce is a beast though, but I think he was on quite a few radars. I think the biggest knock on him was the amount of mileage he had coming out of college.
Enjoy the Ride.
Posted Image

#3 raybaby

raybaby

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

I absolutely love Pierce. Becoming one of my favorite Ravens.

#4 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,966 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

Once again the Oz has found a gem that was on no ones radar. I am of course talking about Pierce. The guy has feature RB potential. He is not afraid of contact and i think he likes the contact. Oz has came through yet again and we are so blessed to have him. Pierce you are a BEAST and are a "True Raven" in every sense of the title. Play hard, punish the opponent and gain yards. Now that's Ravens Football my friends.

We seem to have done a nice job. Though, we could have had Alfred Morris too... I do realize the draft is a funny thing and not all players work in all systems. Pierce has been a nice player for us this year.

#5 PeRK82

PeRK82

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,843 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

I might get some crap for this But i think B.P can/does run better than Rice.

Rice is more dangerous with the Check downs, i don't think anyone Has,Can or Will do it better.

#6 PeRK82

PeRK82

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,843 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

Oops we did it again!

Pierce is a beast though, but I think he was on quite a few radars. I think the biggest knock on him was the amount of mileage he had coming out of college.

I wasnt really impressed when we drafted him and then they showed the Highlights after the Draft pick on him but watching him in the Preseason , i realized the dude can ball.

Edited by PeRK82, 24 December 2012 - 06:00 PM.

#7 black blood purple passion

black blood purple passion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

correct me if I'm wrong but Rice's contract and Bernards rookie contract are both for 4 years? If so, what a marvellous 4 years it shall be!

#8 Inqui

Inqui

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

He's especially great to watch when he goes up the guts, like that really big run towards the end of the game. He's another one of these guys that complements Rice really well.

What surprised me against the Chargers was on that failed 4th and 1, since I just expected Flacco to hand him the ball and let him run at someone. A RB that can slog it up the middle for an almost guaranteed yard or two is nice to have.

We seem to have done a nice job. Though, we could have had Alfred Morris too... I do realize the draft is a funny thing and not all players work in all systems. Pierce has been a nice player for us this year.

I'll admit that I haven't watched a lot of Morris (and I was on the train home when we played the 'Skins so I missed that game), but I'd imagine Pierce could be just as good if he were the feature RB at a team like the Redskins. Every subsequent thought about the draft is always going to be speculation, though.

Rudy was offsides.

#9 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,976 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

I hate to say I told you so, but I did. I loved Pierce as a prospect and was thrilled when we took him while everyone else was questioning the move. He had doubters throughout TC and preseason but I repeatedly told everyone he would be a great compliment to Rice. It looks like we have quite the tandem moving forward at RB.

Hop on board the Draft Odell Beckham JR Bandwagon! Taking all comers! 

#10 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

I might get some crap for this But i think B.P can/does run better than Rice.

Rice is more dangerous with the Check downs, i don't think anyone Has,Can or Will do it better.

I was thinking the same think but they have 2 different running styles. BP is a more of a run over you guy and Rice makes some ridiculous cuts. They accentuate each others style very well. Come the 3rd and 4rth quarters and BP pounds right through you it can break spirits. I love this tandem.
This spot reserved for Super Bowl celebratory images !!

#11 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,093 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

And he's only a rookie. He's been great for us this year, and it's super important for our offense to have somebody like him who can give Ray his breaks.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#12 Fang

Fang

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

Pierce was a great find. I would almost add Anthony Allen to that as well. He's been a great special teamer and decent 3rd back all for a 7th round pick.

#13 PeRK82

PeRK82

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,843 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

I was thinking the same think but they have 2 different running styles. BP is a more of a run over you guy and Rice makes some ridiculous cuts. They accentuate each others style very well. Come the 3rd and 4rth quarters and BP pounds right through you it can break spirits. I love this tandem.

B.P. will make some cuts too though.

#14 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,943 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

B.P. will make some cuts too though.

Yeah Pierce is one-cut and gone type of guy. Rice makes people miss multiple times.

2013 BR.COM CLEVELAND BROWNS GM

#15 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,320 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

Hopefully, this will motivate Rice to play better, knowing that he has competition in the backfield!

Honestly, I am surprised that you (Poe) got second. After the draft I thought your team was doomed for failure.

You get used to it. Even posts that don't violate the rules aren't safe.

Ray Guy to the NFL Hall of Fame

#16 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,320 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

I hope Pierce has some receiving potential, like Rice or Doug Martin.

Honestly, I am surprised that you (Poe) got second. After the draft I thought your team was doomed for failure.

You get used to it. Even posts that don't violate the rules aren't safe.

Ray Guy to the NFL Hall of Fame

#17 uhhhh

uhhhh

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

A beast, just like the other BP on defense and he looks like an everydown RB. His smooth runningstyle kinda reminds me of Matt Forte.

Edited by uhhhh, 30 December 2012 - 07:53 PM.

What's wrong with crows? Compared to a poor bird that's been caged and forgotten how to fly, this is much better. "I'm fine with being a crow" -  Harumichi Bouya

#18 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,584 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

Peirce is on pace to have the best season of any backup RB for the Ravens since 08'. Now obviously he won't have as many TDs as Willis did in 09', but he's definitely ballin.

If the Ravens stick with this pass to get the lead and run to win the game approach, both Rice and Peirce will have many games like they did Sunday. Spread people out, run against light front, pass when they stack the box. The no huddle uptempo approach will tire defensive fronts and thats when you play power football to pound away at guys.

I love the idea of keeping Rice fresh because, he tends to slow down come playoff time. His lack of postseason production has more to do with defenses not wanting him to beat them, but you still want him fresh.

Ray shouldn't be a every down back like, AP, Foster, Jackson and Drew. Having another back that defenses have to account for will only make Rice and the offense that much more dynamic. Peirce seems to be that guy.

I think AA might be used as a HB/FB in the coming years, with either Berry or Rainey as #3. I look at the versatility of Leach and feel the Ravens will look to become even more dynamic by using AA. A guy who can take that FB dive and gain separation really good yards. Remember he did it in college. I'm not saying the Ravens get rid of Leach, but next year is his last and I don't think they'd be willing to pay big bucks to a FB anymore.

AA won't crush people like Leach, but he's plenty physical enough. Add about 8-10 pounds, he'd be 6'1" 230-235Lbs. I think he'd manage.

Posted Image

#19 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,135 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

Peirce is on pace to have the best season of any backup RB for the Ravens since 08'. Now obviously he won't have as many TDs as Willis did in 09', but he's definitely ballin.

If the Ravens stick with this pass to get the lead and run to win the game approach, both Rice and Peirce will have many games like they did Sunday. Spread people out, run against light front, pass when they stack the box. The no huddle uptempo approach will tire defensive fronts and thats when you play power football to pound away at guys.

I love the idea of keeping Rice fresh because, he tends to slow down come playoff time. His lack of postseason production has more to do with defenses not wanting him to beat them, but you still want him fresh.

Ray shouldn't be a every down back like, AP, Foster, Jackson and Drew. Having another back that defenses have to account for will only make Rice and the offense that much more dynamic. Peirce seems to be that guy.

I think AA might be used as a HB/FB in the coming years, with either Berry or Rainey as #3. I look at the versatility of Leach and feel the Ravens will look to become even more dynamic by using AA. A guy who can take that FB dive and gain separation really good yards. Remember he did it in college. I'm not saying the Ravens get rid of Leach, but next year is his last and I don't think they'd be willing to pay big bucks to a FB anymore.

AA won't crush people like Leach, but he's plenty physical enough. Add about 8-10 pounds, he'd be 6'1" 230-235Lbs. I think he'd manage.

I like that last idea. I know Allen added some weight before this season. Maybe they are planning to put him at FB when Leach is gone. I read a few reports saying that he was a great blocking back in college. He could end up being the prototypical fullback in this era. These days, fullbacks are expected to run the ball and receive just as much as they are expected to block. I'd support this idea if the coaches did it.

#20 rlh445

rlh445

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

Wasn't Pierce a guy people knew about? I didn't think he was a 'come from nowhere' pick.

This is football, not teacups with the Queen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users