Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ravens Put Offensive Wrinkles On Display

39 posts in this topic

Baltimore attacked the middle of the field, picked up the pace and even ran the option.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Put-Offensive-Wrinkles-On-Display/651943af-da23-4ba7-93ae-568f38cb3c0d]View the full article[/url]

Jim Calwell is the man! i was so happy when Biscotti Hire him! he better stay for a long time because he's a beast!

[quote name='Deejei' timestamp='1356383129' post='1278218']
Where's all the idiots that wanted to cut Joe Flacco for Alex Smith???
[/quote]

It must be a delight to squander your life wallering in misery. As for me I just want to enjoy the moment. The new stuff plus the emphasis on execution makes Caldwell look brilliant along with the rest of his offense. GO RAVENS!!!!!!

T"he Ravens also attacked the middle of the field more than in the past".

It took this long for someone to figure it out!

It's too early to judge, but maybe it was Cam and the play calling that held Joe back. He actually looked comfortable in the pocket for once. He eluded pressures, rolled out, and even tried to scramble if I do recall correctly

Please don't get too high after beating the 2 Super Bowl winning Manning brother's defending SAuper Bowl Champs. Peyton still looms in Denver if we get that far. Calm down. The defense played adequately because our offense kept ELI-te off the field. It's a good win. We get a wild card at home where we have won one in a row. Rest up. Enjoy Christmas and approach the Bengals game as the last pre-season game before the 1st game that really counts toward the Super Bowl. Heal'em up. Let Hamilton loose with our 2nd tier players. It's more important to get as many guys as healthy as possible for the Colt game and Joe doesn't need to prove anything in Cincy. Merry Christmas Thank You Ravens!

I enjoyed watching Joe move around a bit in the pocket. If he can do that on a consistent basis we'll be fine. It just seems that everytime he takes a sack the momentum is lost.

Yesterday, the offense played with confidence and inspiration. They didn't have that gloom and doom, what do we do next aspect hanging over them. Flacco didn't play with a yoke around his neck. It took the offense one game to adjust to a more varied way of carrying out the game plan. If Caldwell had been the OC from game one, maybe the Ravens would have been top seed.

Even though they beat us up the game against the broncos really alleviated some concerns I had about matching up against them. I believe that if Joe doesn't throw that pick we win the game and if the Ravens from Sunday show up we win big.

axisofeeble: It wasnt the defense that kept Manning off the field it was the offense. They had lots of long drives that ate up the clock.
The first half of the Denver game the defense played like they did yesterday, but you can only hold Peyton down so long. The difference was the offense.

What they did yesterday isnt new.Theyve done it plaenty of times this season with he whose name shall not be mentioned at OC.What I want to see is for them to do it on a weekly basis like the pats and the broncos.

I would also like to see an offensive explosion game on the road.Since next week really wont count it needs to happen in the playoffs.

I would like to see defense play against Bengals the way it played against the Giants, it has pained me to see defense ranked 26 and now it's ranked 20, it would be nice if the defense could be ranked at least 15, I know rankings has really no importance, but still looks better then 20, and if offense could have position of the ball that long against Bengals the offense could be ranked better and a easy victory could fall for Ravens, and then Andy Dalton could realize he has beated the Browns and now the Steelers, but the Ravens he won't :)

Ravens played a very impressive game yesterday aganist the giants.......Ravens look like they are starting to heat up and that is when you want to be hot going into the playoffs................Go Ravens

now build on this performance Caldwell! don't let up or revert back to the "old" way to doing things. keep your foot on the gas and keep the tempo up! continue to watch film and FIND the opponents weakness and then EXPLOIT it! great game sir!

~Mili

Dont get comfortable with that performance! Gotta keep putting on the Pressure! The Defense will deliver and the Offense has to be ready like it wasnt against denver on a couple drives! But, I kinda figured that Caldwell would do better the next game and utilize his weapons to the best of their abilities! I think the Defense is Jealous and they Stepped their game up as well! LOL!

I say rest out starters next week let's get as healthy as possible. or we can try and get the no.3 seed if the pats lose to the dolphins,bills,jets or whoever they play...

Every team plays for a bye week in the playoffs. Well here we are with a meaningless week 17 game. This is our bye. Rest up as many players as possible. Tyrod in for Joe, Bernard in for Ray Rice, Rod G for Birk, Ihedighbo in for Reed

I'd like to see them keep the momentum going, but with this injury plagued season, grueling schedule all year and a the game bein all but meaningless...give em a rest, they need and (deserve) it.

the way Flacco played on sunday, thats how i wanted him to play through out the season, he need to use his legs to get out the pocket more its create opportunities for the offense with open WR's,TE..

the fire that Flacco has on sunday, that what he should have from here on out. he need to play like he wanted it more and be a go getter..

Off subject, it's a shame that Harbs will never be considered for coach of the year cuz the Ravens are expected to win at least 11 games along with a deep playoff run!