78 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,277 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

Ed Reed led with his shoulder on a penalized hit on Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz.

View the full article

#2 Legendary Ravens

Legendary Ravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

Hitting will be a long lost art if they continue to make these calls

#3 black blood purple passion

black blood purple passion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Just because its a big hit, doesn't mean it's illegal. Its a contact sport, people get hurt, they realize this, get over it. If you don't want to get hurt, play tennis, or is the national tennis association going to remove the ball incase someone gets hit by it? Perhaps virtual tennis will the the tennis of the future.

#4 MrRavens

MrRavens

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Was a nice legal hit. Good job Reed.

#5 Bernie Mc1953

Bernie Mc1953

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

Ed hit that young man on his shoulders or in his chest. I felt the hit while sitting in my chair watching it.

#6 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

Clean hit, all the way. Dude is playing the game of football and gets yet another penalty for doing exactly what he's supposed to do. I applaud Ed for putting the smack down, and he should continue to do so. Maybe Cruz and others will think twice about catching the ball...like Dustin Keller...hehe

#7 20ravens52

20ravens52

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

A descent hit?

#8 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

And it's only going to get worse, my friend. They implement these calls and rules under the guise of "player protection", when it's really about "lawsuit protection."

It's like taking checking out of hockey. They're changing the core of the game, and not for the better.

#9 rmcjacket23

rmcjacket23

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,340 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

I expected a penalty for his hit, because any receiver who gets hit that hard and doesn't get up right away is going to draw a flag, regardless of legality.

The penalty for Torrey Smith's block was atrocious. I could understand if it's on the other side of the field, but that block was key to springing the ball carrier forward.

A horrendous call in my opinion, and I expect Reed to get suspended for week 17 for his hit.

#10 marec

marec

Rookie

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

[Manure]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! quit picking on Ed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Moderator 3, 24 December 2012 - 01:33 PM.

#11 johnmike72

johnmike72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

Maybe Goodell wants the players to wear lingerie and play lingerie football. Football is BECOMING A JOKE AND HARD TO WATCH ANYMORE.

#12 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

this isn't flag football it was a legal hit. the refs made allot of "questionable" calls yesterday,Torry smith couldn't even reach that guy's head really,,,then the touchdown, the ed reed hit ...insanity .

#13 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,889 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

Ed Reed should some give some advice to that Seahawks player who got flagged for playing good defense. Honestly, the rules have gotten so out of hand that the refs are eager to throw a flag for player safety even if it was a good clean hit. The game has gotten so fast, the refs can't keep up with the pace of the game and neither can the NFL.

#14 Fred Sanford

Fred Sanford

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

If they end up fining him, I'm inclined to send in a few bucks to the NFL to help Ed out. I may end up storing them in my armpit a while first for a little added bonus to show what I think of that call.

#15 sami

sami

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

I doubt if Reed gets suspended. He didnt lead with his helmet. I still think they should review it during the game. Something like that could and has won or lost games for some teams.

#16 PurplePassion824

PurplePassion824

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

It was a legal hit. The good news is if he is suspended for one game, we already won the division and the last game doesn't mean much. Don't change the way you play the game ed. Love your hard hitting attitude.

#17 ravensdog86

ravensdog86

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

Legendary Ravens, on 24 December 2012 - 10:11 AM, said:
And it's only going to get worse, my friend. They implement these calls and rules under the guise of "player protection", when it's really about "lawsuit protection."

It's like taking checking out of hockey. They're changing the core of the game, and not for the better.

@metalraven,

And yet they(Goodell and Owners) are talking additional playoff games and teams.. and or adding a team in London

Total Hypocrisy

All about Law Suites

#18 johnmike72

johnmike72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

Soon the players wont even play football, they`ll play MADDEN on the JUMBO TRONS at the stadiums.

#19 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

They're going to have to come up with a new penalty: "15 yard penalty for playing football on #20 of the defense."

#20 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

Soon the players wont even play football, they`ll play MADDEN on the JUMBO TRONS at the stadiums.

LOL!!

Nah, probably the Nintendo Tecmo Bowl; because it's safer. Although the thumb blisters developed from those controls were horrible!! So they'll have to play with the "Power Glove." ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users