Upcoming Events:  Lil Ravens Camp      Training Camp Stadium Practices      Movie Night   

Watch Training Camp LIVE Thursday at 8:30 am ET

Ravens training camp kicks off Thursday & we're bringing the action directly to you! News, analysis, giveaways and more! More info ยป
Close

Photo

[News] Late For Work 12/24: Consider That Joe Flacco's Rebuttal To Critics

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,791 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:36 AM

Lewis, Reed on the outs? Colts likely wild-card opponent. Did criticism affected refs' call?

View the full article

#2 T-Phizzle

T-Phizzle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

I'd honestly rather face the Colts than the Bengals. Next round, I'd still rather play against the Texans than the Broncos. Go Ravens!

#3 axisofeeble

axisofeeble

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

Joe's TD to Jacoby was another ref decision that reeked. Watch the play then compare it in football moves to the NO's fumble upheld 2nd action move and decide for yourself if the refs need an independent NFL certified trained official that rules on the replay without going under the hood to verify what was called a TD on the field.

#4 10000 Watts

10000 Watts

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

Of course I wanna go back to Houston for some revenge. But, I want us healthy, though. Go Ravens!!! :)

#5 TheRavengers

TheRavengers

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

They can beat Andrew Luck if he comes here.

#6 mason85

mason85

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

The officials were horrible, maybe they should be fined for bad calls that would force them to make the right call.

#7 trayRaves

trayRaves

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

Maybe this game awakened a couple of sleeping giants (no pun intended): The Ravens' offense and defense. If they play like that in the playoffs, they can beat anyone anywhere!

#8 axisofeeble

axisofeeble

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

Yesterday's upright Joe Flacco can handle any team WE face. Our rested defense can be good enough if Caldwell keeps giving Joe&Co. the schemes and the O-line protects like yesterday. Taking nothing from Dean Oees and an inspired defensive effort AGAIN but our "O" finally gave our "D" something to defend an early lead and an attitude that don't worry guys WE got this!,Merry Christmas,thank you RAVENS!!

#9 Barry S

Barry S

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

The knock on Joe is not that he isn't capable, which he is but doing it consistently (week after week). We need this kind of play every week out of him, then the critics will be silenced.

#10 TorryGundy

TorryGundy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

Merry Christmas. I want nothing else. That Raven's win was awesome and the best stocking stuffer was " Defense said no...Defense said no...Defense said no!" Great job Sizzle

#11 10000 Watts

10000 Watts

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

Btw, i'm not worried at all about those contract situations. Need I point out, once again, Baltimore takes care of their own? Go Ravens!!! :)

#12 RavenWarrior

RavenWarrior

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

It doesn't matter where we play in the playoffs. Bring it on, the Ravens will step up and deliver. We have Pro Bowl quality players on offense and defense, including our Kicker! We took the Division Ravens Nation! Now it's time to play for all it's worth, and go deep into the playoffs :)

#13 raven5286

raven5286

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:19 AM

If we win the wild card round, Baltimore would rather face New England in a rematch from what happened last season. However, if Baltimore wins their last game and the Patriots lose, I would be completely stoked if somehow the AFC championship would take place in M&T Bank Stadium(that's if both Denver and Houston make a mistake that is).

#14 NCMan

NCMan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

"However it winds up, if the Ravens win in the wild-card round, they will visit the top seed. Where would you most prefer to play: at Houston, at Denver or at New England?"

I don't agree w/that statement. I can see where that would not be the case and don't think it's accurate. Maybe likely, but not set in stone. The top seed always will play the lowest remaining seed and that may not be us.

#15 BmoreB

BmoreB

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

@jerk81791..... you couldn't be more wrong

When Flacco isn't getting killed by the D line, he kills the DB's... Proven Fact !

#16 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

Good job, Joe. Now, do it on the road in Cincy and make the critics know you can win on the road.

#17 4evermore23

4evermore23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

Aw man i cant wait to c adrian hamilton play next game he looks like a beast!

#18 Bernie Mc1953

Bernie Mc1953

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

Know matter whom we play it is a must win for us anyway. I predicted five wins in a row one down four to go.

#19 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

Rebuttal to critics? HA!!!

I don't think so. Joe did what he was supposed to do...what he should've been doing all season!! We supposed to give him a cookie now?

It was a great game all around, and both sides dominated, as well as special teams. But let's not forget that Flacco is a big reason why we were slumping; so one good game (the first in a while, btw) doesn't mean he's suddenly the second coming. He did his job, and we're thankful for that. If he does this with some consistency, then come talk to me.

Regardless, great game Ravens!!!

I still think you have a week red zone offense, and we were lucky that we destroyed the Giants, otherwise we would've been haunted by our inability to score in the red zone.

THAT...needs to be fixed ASAP!!

Oh, and other than Chykie Brown allowing that TD in the end, he played really well!! So did Ihedigbo.

Oh yea...and that one armed special teams tackle by Upshaw was awesome! That showed how strong the dude is!!

And shame on the refs for one of the most disgusting games I've seen in a while! They were awful...for both sides. Ravens just happened to get the worst of it.

#20 4evermore23

4evermore23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

Benard pierce runs like arian foster 1 cut and gone he is having a good rookie season we can depend on him glad to c him break that 100 yard mark . There's more to come he is a great complimentary back to rice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users