Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Late For Work 12/24: Consider That Joe Flacco's Rebuttal To Critics

142 posts in this topic

Lewis, Reed on the outs? Colts likely wild-card opponent. Did criticism affected refs' call?

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-1224-Consider-That-Joe-Flaccos-Rebuttal-To-Critics/90c74145-5ebc-4f9e-85a9-e0b3364245d2]View the full article[/url]

I'd honestly rather face the Colts than the Bengals. Next round, I'd still rather play against the Texans than the Broncos. Go Ravens!

Joe's TD to Jacoby was another ref decision that reeked. Watch the play then compare it in football moves to the NO's fumble upheld 2nd action move and decide for yourself if the refs need an independent NFL certified trained official that rules on the replay without going under the hood to verify what was called a TD on the field.

The officials were horrible, maybe they should be fined for bad calls that would force them to make the right call.

Maybe this game awakened a couple of sleeping giants (no pun intended): The Ravens' offense and defense. If they play like that in the playoffs, they can beat anyone anywhere!

Yesterday's upright Joe Flacco can handle any team WE face. Our rested defense can be good enough if Caldwell keeps giving Joe&Co. the schemes and the O-line protects like yesterday. Taking nothing from Dean Oees and an inspired defensive effort AGAIN but our "O" finally gave our "D" something to defend an early lead and an attitude that don't worry guys WE got this!,Merry Christmas,thank you RAVENS!!

The knock on Joe is not that he isn't capable, which he is but doing it consistently (week after week). We need this kind of play every week out of him, then the critics will be silenced.

Merry Christmas. I want nothing else. That Raven's win was awesome and the best stocking stuffer was " Defense said no...Defense said no...Defense said no!" Great job Sizzle

Btw, i'm not worried at all about those contract situations. Need I point out, once again, Baltimore takes care of their own? Go Ravens!!! :)

It doesn't matter where we play in the playoffs. Bring it on, the Ravens will step up and deliver. We have Pro Bowl quality players on offense and defense, including our Kicker! We took the Division Ravens Nation! Now it's time to play for all it's worth, and go deep into the playoffs :)

If we win the wild card round, Baltimore would rather face New England in a rematch from what happened last season. However, if Baltimore wins their last game and the Patriots lose, I would be completely stoked if somehow the AFC championship would take place in M&T Bank Stadium(that's if both Denver and Houston make a mistake that is).

"However it winds up, if the Ravens win in the wild-card round, they will visit the top seed. Where would you most prefer to play: at Houston, at Denver or at New England?"

I don't agree w/that statement. I can see where that would not be the case and don't think it's accurate. Maybe likely, but not set in stone. The top seed always will play the lowest remaining seed and that may not be us.

@jerk81791..... you couldn't be more wrong

When Flacco isn't getting killed by the D line, he kills the DB's... Proven Fact !

Rebuttal to critics? HA!!!

I don't think so. Joe did what he was supposed to do...what he should've been doing all season!! We supposed to give him a cookie now?

It was a great game all around, and both sides dominated, as well as special teams. But let's not forget that Flacco is a big reason why we were slumping; so one good game (the first in a while, btw) doesn't mean he's suddenly the second coming. He did his job, and we're thankful for that. If he does this with some consistency, then come talk to me.

Regardless, great game Ravens!!!

I still think you have a week red zone offense, and we were lucky that we destroyed the Giants, otherwise we would've been haunted by our inability to score in the red zone.

THAT...needs to be fixed ASAP!!

Oh, and other than Chykie Brown allowing that TD in the end, he played really well!! So did Ihedigbo.

Oh yea...and that one armed special teams tackle by Upshaw was awesome! That showed how strong the dude is!!

And shame on the refs for one of the most disgusting games I've seen in a while! They were awful...for both sides. Ravens just happened to get the worst of it.

Benard pierce runs like arian foster 1 cut and gone he is having a good rookie season we can depend on him glad to c him break that 100 yard mark . There's more to come he is a great complimentary back to rice

I had this in another thread, but decided it would be worth pasting here as well...

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1356356964' post='1277698']
[font=trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif][i]Ravens were penalized 9 Times for 92 yards, here is the breakdown...[/i][/font]

[b][font=trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif][i]1st Quarter[/i][/font][/b]
[font=trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif][i]14:12 -- T. Suggs, Defensive Offside, 5-yards[/i][/font]
[font=trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif][i]01:25 -- A. Boldin, Offensive Holding, 10-yards[/i][/font]

[b][font=trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif][i]2nd Quarter[/i][/font][/b]
[font=trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif][i]03:22 -- B. Ayanbadejo, Illegal Block, 10-yards[/i][/font]

[color=#FF0000][b][i]3rd Quarter[/i][/b][/color]
[color=#FF0000][i]14:18 -- J. Ihedigbo, Offensive Holding, 10-yards[/i][/color]
[color=#FF0000][i]13:15 -- T. Smith, Personal Foul, 12-yards[/i][/color]
[color=#FF0000][i]12:49 -- M. Oher, False Start, 5-yards[/i][/color]
[color=#FF0000][i]10:55 -- M. Oher, Offensive Holding, 10-yards[/i][/color]
[color=#FF0000][i]09:20 -- M. Oher, Personal Foul, 15-yards[/i][/color]

[b][i]4th Quarter[/i][/b]
[i]06:44 -- E. Reed, Personal Foul, 15-yards[/i]

[i]...If that isn't a clear-as-day evaluation of the officials trying to give someone a game, I don't know what is. Five-penalties in five-minutes for 52-yards. All of which, I believe, came on the opening drive of the third-quarter... Suspect to anyone else?[/i]
[/quote]

I can see us taking the number three seed. Then it could play out like this....

Home against Indy
Away against Denver
Home against New England

Super Bowl against either Atlanta, Seattle or 49ers

if we has lost that game, there would be 100 comments by now 10:37..... yall people just like to complain and not Toast the AFC North Champs!!!

Go Ravens

[quote name='Barry S' timestamp='1356361878' post='1277778']
The knock on Joe is not that he isn't capable, which he is but doing it consistently (week after week). We need this kind of play every week out of him, then the critics will be silenced.
[/quote] Amen to that! He's definitely capable; but we don't know which Joe will show up each week.

Also, Joe was really good on his feet yesterday. His pocket awareness was very good. The o line played really well, and I think Joe's presence in the pocket helped a lot more than peope realize.

That's the Joe we want to see every week. We don't necessarily need huge numbers, but we need smart, mistake free football. For the most part, that's what we got yesterday.

I swear, you can't please these Ravens fans at all!! A bunch of whiny Fans! Gotta even complain about a win.

1. I want the 4th seed, not the 5th seed. I like our chances against (likely) Houston than I do against Denver or NE in their city.

2. Flacco played great, as I thought he would. But I want to see it against a quality defense, not necessarily a quality team. He plays well against the Patriots, who have an average to below average defense.

I want to see him go into Houston or Denver and play like that. That's when, regardless of the outcome of the game, he can make his statement to the league that he is a legit, franchise QB.

He impressed the nation last year with his performance on a big stage in New England. He needs to do that again, against a better defense, in the playoffs. A second round matchup with Houston or Denver will give him that chance, if we can get there.

Consider That Joe Flacco's Rebuttal To Critics LOL. Flacco hasn't even made a Pro Bowl yet wants to get paid at Pro Bowl level. QB's that are at the top of the pay scale have these types of games frequently, Flacco's are rare. No one has ever said he isn't capable of having a great game only that his only consistency is his ability to be inconsistent.

I can see us taking the number three seed. Then it could play out like this....

Home against Indy
Away against Denver
Home against New England

Super Bowl against either Atlanta, Seattle or 49ers

What you said is impossible, because Indianapolis is locked into the 5 seed. We couldn't play them if we were the 3.

If the standings stay the same following next week, our 4 seed matchups would be vs Indy and at HOU, likely.

As a 3 seed, we would play vs CIN and at Denver, likely. I like the former more than the latter.

[quote name='Hardbaugh' timestamp='1356363676' post='1277820']
Consider That Joe Flacco's Rebuttal To Critics LOL. Flacco hasn't even made a Pro Bowl yet wants to get paid at Pro Bowl level. QB's that are at the top of the pay scale have these types of games frequently, Flacco's are rare. No one has ever said he isn't capable of having a great game only that his only consistency is his ability to be inconsistent.
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]I just updated my signature, you will notice in the "Actual QB Ratings By Game" section, right above the word "Rating" he strung together about 9 really good games last year. He can play at a consistent level... just hasn't been able to the past two seasons... Injuries I'm sure are a part of it, but c'mon Joe![/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]~ Cosmic[/i][/font]

Hardbaugh
Posted
A minute ago

Pro bowls are irrelevant. Vince Young made a pro bowl one year when he was about the 8th best QB in the AFC, because everybody else turned it down.

Michael Oher was voted to be the starting LT for the AFC simply because they made a movie about him, not because he's earned it.

Jeff Saturday was voted as the starting C for the NFC this season, yet, he was benched this past week for ineffective play.

Please explain what credibility the Probowl has, particularly when it allows homer fans to vote on it? You realize that there are dozens of fans posting on this very message board who simply voted for every Ravens player to make the Probowl, regardless of whether they've sucked or not. I bet Ray Lewis finished in top 3 in LB voting, and he hasn't played in months.

The seedings for the top four spots aren't even set yet. We will be either 3 or 4, most likely 4. The top three are up for grabs and won't be set until next week. But to say if we win the wild card round sends us to the top seed is wrong, the way I see it.

man, ravens fans are funny. i can't believe how quickly everyone on here is so quick to run flacco into the ground. last night you saw what flacco is capable of with a little protection and some good playcalling. caldwell got the ball out of joe's hands quickly and joe thrives in that type of system. and who said he is demanding pro bowl money? i guess his agent is posting to this message board.

I'm sorry, but if Michael Oher is leading all AFC tackles in Pro-bowl voting, then the pro-bowl legitimately means nothing.

I mean, I love to have our team represented often in the Pro-bowl and recognized, but that's ridiculous? Michael Oher? Really? Did Joe Thomas just disappear?

It aint a coincidence that Joe plays like an animal when the defense and the O-line pay him the courtesy of showing up for the game. It's a team sport.....

Very interesting to watch the Giants run the ball to the side of the line that Mr. Ngata was not on last night.....linebackers should pay attention in the playoffs....

Bernard Pierce is a complete beast (you too, Ray, of course)....

Jacoby Jones...ripped off terribly TWICE this season....he will get his just reward in the playoffs....things began turning around on offense the second he lined up wide opposite Torrey.......

Playoffs are going to be awesome (don't let what happens next week fool you)....

As much as I want to be seeded over new england so they would have to come here if we met in the show I do not like the idea of playing the Bengals back to back.

[quote name='dwhravens' timestamp='1356364143' post='1277829']
Ravens will beat the Packers in New Orleans :)
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]My Israeli-Russian co-worker... he would be trying to find he & I tickets... that's for sure. But yeah, I could definitely go for that.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]~ Cosmic[/i][/font]

[quote name='marinechef' timestamp='1356363547' post='1277815']
I swear, you can't please these Ravens fans at all!! A bunch of whiny Fans! Gotta even complain about a win.
[/quote]

I hear ya. there was some idiot on the radio post game show last night complaining that we should have scored 45 points and was extremely dissapointed with the play selection. lol .... couldn't believe it.

[quote name='rmcjacket23' timestamp='1356363917' post='1277825']
Hardbaugh
Posted
A minute ago

Pro bowls are irrelevant. Vince Young made a pro bowl one year when he was about the 8th best QB in the AFC, because everybody else turned it down.

Michael Oher was voted to be the starting LT for the AFC simply because they made a movie about him, not because he's earned it.

Jeff Saturday was voted as the starting C for the NFC this season, yet, he was benched this past week for ineffective play.

Please explain what credibility the Probowl has, particularly when it allows homer fans to vote on it? You realize that there are dozens of fans posting on this very message board who simply voted for every Ravens player to make the Probowl, regardless of whether they've sucked or not. I bet Ray Lewis finished in top 3 in LB voting, and he hasn't played in months.
[/quote]

You made my point even some players that aren't at the top of their respective positions make Pro Bowls, yet Joe can't make one. Maybe if enough quarterbacks can't show up he'll get there by default. Another point would be players are voted in by fans, peers and coaches so let's just say Joe get's more respect ( or is it excuses?) from this fanbase than he does around the league. While some players could squeak by and find their way to Hawaii , here we are five years in and Flacco won't be making the trip again, [u]unless enough quarterbacks don't want to make the trip[/u].............YET wants to get paid like it.

Heck, Andy Dalton (a player I stated was better than Flacco) has a pro bowl appearence in his rookie season.

Our game next week is at 1. The Patsies play at 4. Too bad it isn't the other way around. If the Patsies played early and lost, our game would mean something and it would help to win, which moves us up a notch. This way, the Patsies get to sit back and see what we do first. If we win, then they'd have a reason to play their regulars and win. Honestly, moving up a spot, in the end probably doesn't mean much. Especially since the top three spots are up for grabs. The Patsies also can even move up into an even higher seed, depending on what the others do.

[quote name='Hardbaugh' timestamp='1356364644' post='1277848']
You made my point even some players that aren't at the top of their respective positions make Pro Bowls, yet Joe can't make one. Maybe if enough quarterbacks can't show up he'll get there by default. Another point would be players are voted in by fans, peers and coaches so let's just say Joe get's more respect ( or is it excuses?) from this fanbase than he does around the league. While some players could squeak by and find their way to Hawaii , here we are five years in and Flacco won't be making the trip again, [u]unless enough quarterbacks don't want to make the trip[/u].............YET wants to get paid like it.

Heck, Andy Dalton (a player I stated was better than Flacco) has a pro bowl appearence in his rookie season.
[/quote]

Maybe you should move to Cincinati and get a condo/time share in Hawaii.

These blogs seem to be much more concerned about the critics then Flacco is. I never understood why people don't like Joe's calm persona. He wasn't panicking, when everyone was trashing him and he didn't feel like showing off after he proved them wrong. Professional. That's how I would describe Joe.

I would hope that Flacco isn't concerned at all in what people in these blogs think.

I expect salary cap issues every off-season, but we do extemely well as an organization to field the best team as possible while keeping us an intact as possible. To be honest, I think we do better than most organizations in that category. But I'll deal with worrying about that after we come home with that Lombardi Trophy.

[quote name='rmcjacket23' timestamp='1356363917' post='1277825']
Hardbaugh
Posted
A minute ago

[/quote]

Just a quick point but wasn't Ray Lewis leading the team in tackles when he was injured?

There is really no way to reference my post from last week without sounding like I'm gloating so I'll just get right to it: I am on record as expressing strong belief that Flacco would have a strong bounce-back game, and he did big-time. At this point I enjoin the Ravens faithful in hoping that this is a harbinger of things to come. This should be a coming out party for Joe if he is to take the next step in his development.

We saw a lot of things Joe seldom does; fitting balls into tight windows, being acutely aware of the pass rush, moving the pocket and creating different launch points to throw, stepping up in the pocket to buy those extra couple of seconds to throw open a receiver; We saw it all on Sunday. It all translated to what we have all hoped, extended drives from third down completions, more time of possession, a fresh defense on the sidelines and a dominant overall performance.

All that said, the caveat is that Flacco is a streaky player. I'd love to see him do this on a day that he misses on his first couple of passes. Hopefully that will come in the playoffs, but in the meantime congratulations to the 2012 Baltimore Ravens on winning their division. Let's put this one away and start working on the other two pennants we want to win this season. We are aware that there is definitely going to be significant turnover on this defense after this season. Sadly we may have watched Ed Reed's last home regular season game at The Bank, as much as it might have been Ray Lewis' last; sadly he was not in uniform for it. The ultimate gratification would be a playoff run that culminates in a Superbowl win. Anything short of that would be a disappointment-- much like it would be for any other team anyway. For this team the time is now, and now is the only time they have; seize the moment because it is the only shot you have at glory.

Great game fellas! Very complete sans the penalties, many of which were questionable. Saw a little bit of McKinney...finally - let's make more room for the big guy, (please). Tempo, cadence and slight play "tweaks" made a huge difference - Joe's option-pitch to RR was totally unexpected! I believe saying this was "Flacco's Rebuttal" is just a tad overstated. We all know he is capable of this type of performance, the problem is that we've only seen it (3) times this year - (first game against Cincy, the Pats and giants). CONSISTENT above average play = greatness, and he's yet to accomplish that. Are you capable of that Joe?
Adrian Hamilton looked great on special teams - he needs a permanent gig there, with some situtational pass rush opportunities to see what we've got in him. Ihedigbo is a stud - no drop-off from Pollard. Ellerby is the best backer we have aside from Suggs, period, and I really liked Peas disguises - keep up the great work! O line played very well, and it was FANTASTIC to see the play's coming in from upstairs quickly and efficiently! Great adjustments all around from the prior 3 games. Focus on consistency Joe, (whatever it takes), and the sky is the limit. Week-in, week-out, play hard, smart, aggressive, relentless, football...make a statement, for Baltimore, and for YOU! BE "THE MAN" WE ALL WANT YOU TO BE!!