Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Purple Nurple

Merged: Cincy or Indy - Preference?

62 posts in this topic

definitely indy. their d is bad and they're very young and inexperienced. on the other hand, cincy is red hot defensively and they have more playmakers on offense.

Not sure it matters. Indy has 2 speed rushers in Mathis and Freeney that would light up our 2 tackles. Indy has a horsehoe up their butt as Luck has led 8 come from behind wins. Meanwhile over the last 8 weeks or so Cincy is hot. However, if you take Green out of the game Cincy is very vanilla on offense. We just have to play our game and win the game.

[quote name='Purple Nurple' timestamp='1356324815' post='1277395']
A little bit.

Am I way off? Lol. [profanity deleted].
[/quote]

Nah, just never see you in RT this much and you NEVER start threads. Figured something "different". Cheers to one more drink and then shuttin' er down!

Oh yeah, lets get the 3rd seed and have even higher chance for more than 1 home game...aka play Cincy.

I want Indy. Luck likes to throw picks and Reed could tee off on a guy like him. They've allowed the ninth most sacks in the league. Their defense isn't too hot.

Yeah. I want Indy.

I realize the playoffs would be in Baltimore, but something about playing them twice in a row has me feeling "iffy".

Luck though has been some-what of clutch this season too at the same time.

But I also believe in the phrase, "careful what you wish for", so...

I can not answer this question. Sorry.

Indy. We are a different team (obviously) when we destroyed Cinci in week 1, as are the Bengals. They've been playing very good the last few weeks. And next week, i don't think we will see much of our starters play because we have the division wrapped up and not much to play for. Indy has a bad defense (outside of Mathis and Freeney), and their only real offensive weapon is Reggie Wayne. Luck throws a lot of picks, and i think we could convert off them. Not to mention, it would be pretty sweet to have Chuck come back here for his first playoff game with his new team, and then we end their season.

[quote name='bauer77' timestamp='1356325206' post='1277411']
Indy. We are a different team (obviously) when we destroyed Cinci in week 1, as are the Bengals. They've been playing very good the last few weeks. And next week, i don't think we will see much of our starters play because we have the division wrapped up and not much to play for. Indy has a bad defense (outside of Mathis and Freeney), and their only real offensive weapon is Reggie Wayne. Luck throws a lot of picks, and i think we could convert off them. Not to mention, it would be pretty sweet to have Chuck come back here for his first playoff game with his new team, and then we end their season.
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]^ This. All of it.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]~ Cosmic[/i][/font]

Is there actually a scenario where we would play Cinci?

I guess if we win and NE loses, then we take the 3rd seed(?) and play Cinci twice in a row.

[quote name='Purple Nurple' timestamp='1356326116' post='1277440']
So what are the W/L scenarios that lead us to play each team?
[/quote]
If we win next week and NE loses, we take the third seed. If we lose and NE wins we take fourth. If we win and NE wins, I think we take third because we beat them earlier.

I'd much rather play Indy and then the current league punching bag Texans than Cincy and the Broncos.

aren't mathis and freeney playing the OLB positions in the 3-4 now, so they will have to do more than just rush the passer like before

[quote name='NaveSenrag' timestamp='1356326651' post='1277453']
If we win next week and NE loses, we take the third seed. If we lose and NE wins we take fourth. If we win and NE wins, I think we take third because we beat them earlier.

I'd much rather play Indy and then the current league punching bag Texans than Cincy and the Broncos.
[/quote]It seems to me that Tyrod will start next week in the second half or something....

[/quote]

I would rather see Indy as well. What do they need to do or not to see us?

When I first looked at the playoffs, I immediately wanted them to play Indy. Mostly, because this will be their first look at the Colts. I just don't like the Ravens playing the same team three times. It makes me feel weird.

With that being said, if the Ravens play like they did today, and they can beat any team in the playoffs.

Cincy has cooled down in recent weeks. They used to be red hot aka Dalton, but as of late the Steelers game is really the only impressive win and it could of went either way.

I still rather face Indy. Even though a week ago I told my friend that they'll beat us and thats how it will go down. (Still had Cam though)

I also think it would be cool for Caldwell to beat them and Pagano lose to us.

I say Cincy because they have to remember how they fared in Baltimore the last time they played here. They will be tentative and try to do too much, which will make them lose again!

Indy on the other hand is an unknown commodity and there is always that Chuck factor, because their players will want to win badly for their coach, especially here in Baltimore....

[/quote]If we win and they win, they will have a 12-4 record vs 11-5 for us - so how do we take third??

On the other hand the colts have some impressive wins under their belt.

I think I rather see Cincy now. People think they've been red hot and all (and they have) but since beating the Giants in week 10 they beat KC,OAK,PHI,SD & lost to Dallas on last second field goal. 3 other wins of theirs has come from JAX,WSH & CLE.

Ughhh, both teams would be tough. We know Cincy better but so do they. Also Joe kind of has a bad past vs them.

Already nervous about it.

[quote name='ellicottraven' timestamp='1356330592' post='1277535']
If we win and they win, they will have a 12-4 record vs 11-5 for us - so how do we take third??
[/quote]

Haha it is a big pet peeve of mine when people post incorrect postseason scenarios. To get the 3 seed, we have to win AND the Pats have to lose to Miami.

Mike Zimmer has the Bengals D playing at a very high level

Colts gave up over 300 yds rushing yesterday.
Having said that, we weren't far off the mark too when we played the Chiefs

I want Indy

[quote name='Purple Nurple' timestamp='1356327083' post='1277464']
I would rather see Indy as well. What do they need to do or not to see us?
[/quote]

they are locked as 5th seed.. the only scenario for us to get bungals in wildcard is to beat them sunday and patsies to lose at fins... pretty much no chance as patsies can still get 1st or 2nd seed, theoretically speaking

To be honest, it doesn't really matter to me. I'll take either one of those teams over Patriots, Texans or Broncos right now. Hopefully we get that first win and the other teams that face us we play lights out. The good thing about our team right now is that we don't have as much pressure as those 3 teams to succeed. The last 3 years, the team that no one thought would make it to the Super Bowl did. I wanna stay under the radar like this.

[/quote]

NE is a game ahead of us with only 4 losses. If we both win, seeding doesn't change. The rest of what you said is correct, however.

whether it's Cinci or Indy....the Ravens need to come out and play like they did last night throughout the playoffs. awesome performance!

~Mili

The Ravens can be their own worst enemy, so regardless of who they play, THEY need to come out and perform well.

In terms of who is the hotter team to face right now, it's probably the Bengals. They just beat the Steelers in the hatred that is Heinz Field. The Colts are hot right now too, but even if Andrew Luck looks like a veteran at times, he's still a rookie. He still will make rookie mistakes. Dalton makes similar mistakes, but he's got a better defense to help him overcome the mistakes he makes.

[quote name='1/28/01' timestamp='1356356591' post='1277687']
NE is a game ahead of us with only 4 losses. If we both win, seeding doesn't change. The rest of what you said is correct, however.
[/quote]
Oops. That's right. I don't know how I missed that.

[b]We need to try to win next week and hope that NE stumbles against Miami. If that takes place we could not only have the first round at home, but we could ALSO pick up a championship game at home.[/b]

The scenario that could easily play out,

First round
Bal (#3 seed) vs Cin (#6)
NE (#4 seed) vs Colts (#5)

Second Round
Bal (#3) vs Den (#2)
NE (#4) vs Texans (#1)

[b]Then it sets up a potential for a Bal vs NE rematch -- except the NE game could be at HOME![/b]

However, if the Texans lose next week -- then Denver could sneak into the #1 seed. Then our 2nd round would face the Texans in Texas and a NE defeat of Denver also would bring us another game at home!

[b]We need next week -- and we need Miami to upset NE as well as hopefully see the Texans lose to Colts.[/b]

The scenario that is most favorable would be a game at home with Cin so that we can see Texans in Houston and a NE rematch in Baltimore for the championship game!

[quote name='Bravens292' timestamp='1356324819' post='1277396']
definitely indy. their d is bad and they're very young and inexperienced. on the other hand, cincy is red hot defensively and they have more playmakers on offense.
[/quote]

I have to agree, Cincy right now is on a roll and everything is going there way. I will take the much slower indy defense.

I was thinking about this and it's really hard to say. Every team in this league is so unpredictable week to week, it's hard to say who'll show up better in the playoffs...so I'll say "the team that plays worse that week in particular" :).

[quote name='Worthy' timestamp='1356371923' post='1277996']
[b]We need to try to win next week and hope that NE stumbles against Miami. If that takes place we could not only have the first round at home, but we could ALSO pick up a championship game at home.[/b]

The scenario that could easily play out,

First round
Bal (#3 seed) vs Cin (#6)
NE (#4 seed) vs Colts (#5)

Second Round
Bal (#3) vs Den (#2)
NE (#4) vs Texans (#1)

[b]Then it sets up a potential for a Bal vs NE rematch -- except the NE game could be at HOME![/b]

However, if the Texans lose next week -- then Denver could sneak into the #1 seed. Then our 2nd round would face the Texans in Texas and a NE defeat of Denver also would bring us another game at home!

[b]We need next week -- and we need Miami to upset NE as well as hopefully see the Texans lose to Colts.[/b]

The scenario that is most favorable would be a game at home with Cin so that we can see Texans in Houston and a NE rematch in Baltimore for the championship game!
[/quote]
I don't like our chances against Denver, and playing division mates in the postseason is a recipe for an upset. Indy has a rookie QB who loves to throw picks and a defense that slacks off whereas Cinci has the best defense in the division right now and a QB who is good enough to get it done.

Is anyone else worried with the fact that Pagano knows our defense and the players weaknesses and strong points ? If anyone knows our defense it would be him right ?

No, I am worried that Luck will take advantage of Williams...... That line cannot protect him, so I think we win. Put Jimmy on Wayne. He shut down Miles and Demariyus, he can shut down Wayne... Hopefully lol

No. And if we do play them, I hope we give that man a standing ovation...after the game and after we win of course...because what he's coming back from is amazing.

I would much rather have Indy and the 4th seed for a couple reasons. First, I dont like the idea of playing a divisional opponent in the playoffs even if we have already beaten them twice. Cinci almost always plays us tough and they know our team very well. Their defensive front 4 is terrifying IMO. Geno Atkins is a DT with 13 sacks...can our Oline really handle that? If we are the #4 seed we also go to Houston as opposed to Denver which to me is an easier match-up. We might end up having to play Denver either way, but I have more faith that we can go into NE and win than go into Denver and win. Their pass-rush is just too good.

On the other hand Indy is kind of a fraud team. I know they have managed to win a lot of close games and props to them for that, but their defense is not good. Andrew Luck is a rookie QB who makes a ton of mistakes on the road. I also like the idea of beating the Colts in Baltimore, redemption for 2006, 2009, and we all know the history here.

Haha definitely Indy.

But the thing we have to be worried about most is their 4th quarter play. Luck has 7 fourth quarter comebacks so far this season. So assuming that we have the lead late in the game we need to protect it, because they are an excellent come from behind team.

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1356325136' post='1277408']
I want Indy. Luck likes to throw picks and Reed could tee off on a guy like him. They've allowed the ninth most sacks in the league. Their defense isn't too hot.

Yeah. I want Indy.
[/quote]
I was thinking the same exact thing. The Chiefs just ran for 352 yards on them and their receivers had a lot of drops. The Bengals may actually be the better team, they did beat them but it was preseason.

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]I prefer the Colts for two reasons:[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]1.) I believe we can beat them and I don't like playing a divisional opponent in the playoffs, let alone two-weeks in a row.[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]2.) We take care of Indy, the Pats take care of Cincy -- then we can let the Pats take care of Denver while we get revenge on Houston.[/font][/i]

I already said who I thought earlier, but I will say that I like the idea of playing Houston, winning, and gaining confidence going forward than playing either the Broncos or New England at their home for the second playoff game. So if where we are at right now will ensure that, I hope nothing changes this weekend. ;)

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1356667854' post='1280674']
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]I prefer the Colts for two reasons:[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]1.) I believe we can beat them and I don't like playing a divisional opponent in the playoffs, let alone two-weeks in a row.[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]2.) We take care of Indy, the Pats take care of Cincy -- then we can let the Pats take care of Denver while we get revenge on Houston.[/font][/i]
[/quote]

Is that a correct synerio?

[quote name='K-Dog' timestamp='1356668644' post='1280685']
[/quote]

It appears to be. I'd personally rather play in Denver than in New England though.

[quote name='K-Dog' timestamp='1356668644' post='1280685']
[/quote]
[quote name='Ragin'Raven' timestamp='1356668789' post='1280686']
It appears to be. I'd personally rather play in Denver than in New England though.
[/quote]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]'Tis correct, sir. It 'tis.[/font][/i]

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1356669037' post='1280690']
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]'Tis correct, sir. It 'tis.[/font][/i]
[/quote]

Did you just call me sir? :gaah: ;)

I believe we can beat Huston.
I am pretty sure we can beat NE.

I have my doubts on Denver.
As long as we can scoot past Denver...