Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Purple Nurple

Boldin's shoulder...

26 posts in this topic

Anything? It was discussed as one if this Sundays focus injuries.

He balled today is why I'm concerned. :)

[quote name='Purple Nurple' timestamp='1356324199' post='1277371']
Anything? It was discussed as one if this Sundays focus injuries.

He balled today is why I'm concerned. :)
[/quote]

He did ball. Good to see him run like 5 slants today. Thing of beauty!

He was listed questionable to return today. Not doubtful, or just out altogether. Questionable. That leads me to believe he could have played if the game was close, and that he should be able to go against Cincy.

I thought I heard doubtful, but that may have been my chances of not getting heartburn from the wings.

[quote name='Purple Nurple' timestamp='1356324537' post='1277385']
I thought I heard doubtful, but that may have been my chances of not getting heartburn from the wings.
[/quote]

Ah, you are right! I just checked my phone for the text update I got in the game, and it did say doubtful.

Disappointing!

[quote name='Purple Nurple' timestamp='1356324537' post='1277385']
[/quote]

Yeah, I heard doubtful as well. Either way, think we'd of heard something already.

I think Boldin today ran his bread and butter route back in the Warner's time....love it.....

[quote name='redlobster' timestamp='1356326625' post='1277452']
needs to rest no matter what the circumstance next week
[/quote]

Agreed. I hope we rest much of the starting team. I know they'll play a bit, but I hope that's it.

Didn't seem too bad. Probably just bruised it and Harbs didn't think it was worth risking him by putting him in when we were dominating.

[quote name='AsianRice' timestamp='1356326714' post='1277456']
I think Boldin today ran his bread and butter route back in the Warner's time....love it.....
[/quote]

This. Definitely liked seeing those slants today. They are a thing of beauty from Boldin.

[quote name='NaveSenrag' timestamp='1356326740' post='1277458']
Didn't seem too bad. Probably just bruised it and Harbs didn't think it was worth risking him by putting him in when we were dominating.
[/quote]

I hope it's this.

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1356329134' post='1277501']
Boldin is one tough dude. Knowing him he will play
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]I will never forget him coming back out and playing shortly after his facial reconstruction surgery. That dude carries his "manly parts" in a wheelbarrow.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]~ Cosmic[/i][/font]

[quote name='bauer77' timestamp='1356327486' post='1277471']
This. Definitely liked seeing those slants today. They are a thing of beauty from Boldin.
[/quote]

Harbs said it's minor... he can get the week off... and we can get Doss in Sunday to play him a little bit more

[quote name='horus13corvineus' timestamp='1356348663' post='1277608']
Harbs said it's minor... he can get the week off... and we can get Doss in Sunday to play him a little bit more
[/quote]

Doss will have to get healthy this week then.

I woke up this morning and the first thing that popped into my head was, "I hope Q is OK!" Then I said I need to start a Q appreciation thread, because if I am not mistaken that catch he made over the middle was on third down to keep that drive alive and he fought hard for that ball with a defensive player hanging all over him. You could tell he was hurt but he hung onto that ball to let everyone see it was a completed catch. I figured I just better post here on this thread. This is what I want to say:

Q plays like a Raven - all heart! He always has that fire and passion that I love from a receiver. I was happy from the day we signed him. He is not a showboater kind of receiver, he is that warrior type of receiver. Reminds me of Derrick Mason, and I loved Mase! I don't know how many more years he has on his contract, but if it is his last year, I pray that he comes back to this team. It would really hurt me to lose this guy.

Q: Your a beast and I am a fan for life!

[quote name='Moderator 3' timestamp='1356354352' post='1277663']

Doss will have to get healthy this week then.
[/quote]

For what it's worth, Doss posted on his Twitter account that he'd be back next week.

boldin is a beast....there's no other way to say it! hopefully, he will get well needed rest this week and be ready to go (if needed) next week vs Cinci.

~Mili

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1356357784' post='1277713']
boldin is a beast....there's no other way to say it! hopefully, he will get well needed rest this week and be ready to go (if needed) next week vs Cinci.

~Mili
[/quote]

You know whats sad. Dude left AZ to ball out! To win! To get a SB! And what happens? His skills are squandered here for years. Would love see a resurgence of the correct utilization of Boldin and a restructure for the next few years bringing Boldin back!

[quote name='1/28/01' timestamp='1356360376' post='1277754']
You know whats sad. Dude left AZ to ball out! To win! To get a SB! And what happens? His skills are squandered here for years. [b]Would love see a resurgence of the correct utilization of Boldin and a restructure for the next few years bringing Boldin back![/b]
[/quote]

i'm with you on this! i've always felt that Boldin wasn't used properly. last night showed how effective he is and can be in the slot, working underneath and over the middle routes. what i like about him is that he loves the contact and not only looks to catch the ball but then to throw a blow or two in on the defender in the process. lol!

~Mili

The thing is that you never know with those shoulder injuries.. But don't forget when he broke his jaw and came back in three games I believe when he was with the Cards. Absolute beast!

If we lose Boldin we lose the one receiver that plays all phases of the game with a very high intensity. The guy may not have the speed he once had but he is a blocker, a fighter and will get that extra yardage we need unlike others who just drop at the sight of a defender. In any way possible we need to try to keep him next year even more so then Leach. When we have 3rd and mid range he is the go to guy. I think he replaced Mason as Joe's Security Blanket. The guy can dance the sidelines, make the tough catch's and block down field hence the 4th and 29 Rice picked up. He took out at least 2 guys on that play.

It's a Shoulder Bone Bruise, nothing serious. He will be fine, lol. He may, or may not, play next week vs the Bungals or be on a limited basis. Either way, this is no concern of an injury when you are speaking about someone who takes care of himself like Anquan.