63 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,864 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

Eisenberg’s 5 game thoughts, including: Flacco being mentally tougher than he appears.

View the full article

#2 t_ROC

t_ROC

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

Let's get healthy and then play like this every week! Go Ravens!

#3 CxM_27

CxM_27

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

I hope today was a show of what is to come from Jim Caldwell

#4 Ravenz All Day

Ravenz All Day

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

Ravenz are back baby!!!

#5 thebigtexas

thebigtexas

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

They can say the 'tempo' was the difference all they want. They can say the plays were the same all they want. They weren't.

The plays were CLEARLY different. We ran different blocking patterns, we ran the OPTION on a play, we ran many, many slant routes instead of hooks and outs. These plays are obviously in the playbook, but Caldwell seems to have a nice grasp on what they players do well.

#6 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

Although I cannot say I completely support Joe, he played one heck of a game and I am proud of all our players. Let's heal up and wait for Luck or Dalton to come to town.

#7 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,590 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

The plays may have come out of the same playbook, but they certainly werent the same plays.

Boldin was running slants from the slot, Torrey was running routes other than just the 9 route, and Rice, Pitta, and Jacoby were used in other creative ways.

This was a great improvement, all thanks to Caldwell.

#8 ChrisPark

ChrisPark

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

I feel as though firing Cam Cameron was one of the best decisions the Ravens have made thus far. (Aside from the Jacoby Jones acquisition)

Also, please put McKinnie as LT and sit Oher out! He had like 3 penalties called on him in 1 series..

#9 Big G

Big G

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

If we play like this every we will WIN the SUPERBOWL!!!

#10 WakaFlockaFlacco

WakaFlockaFlacco

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

Sometime our players are disciplined so good on how to respond to the media that they actually lie lol. Those plays were NOT AT ALL the same plays that Cameron would play. When in the last 3 years has Anquan ran most of his routes short/intermediate and not streaking deep every play? When all SEASON besides the NE game was Torrey used in a variety of routes? These recievers were actually being used to their strengths and not running deep every play.

#11 WakaFlockaFlacco

WakaFlockaFlacco

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

Also Chris those penalties were bogus. The false start was bogus because the entire giants DEFENSE jumped offsides due to Flaccos hard count, but the refs must have assumed that Flacco could pull of a hard count that good and assumed that it HAD to be a false start. That chop block was also ticky tack.

#12 coreyadams

coreyadams

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:56 PM

Great game plan guys, I like it!

#13 wrm#1

wrm#1

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

For once every 3rd and 2 yards to go didn't turn into a race down the side line for some heave by Joe,the Ravens used the whole field in their short passing game,they also used Rice in pass plays down the field,taken him out of pass protection adding a TE in the backfield as extra protection/safety valve[when Rice is ask to pass protect that aids the defense because then they don't have to account for him. Joe extended plays with better movement in the pocket,though his receivers still have to work on their movements once he does so,but that is something that will come the more Joe learns his receivers. Also here's a comment,when Harbaugh is asked about his offensive line he always answers by saying he will play the best five,but he never gives any names,if he doesn't know from week to week who is his best five,just what is he looking for;consider this you have a contest for candidates to do a certain job you put them thru all these test,gather all these stats,then you tabulate all this data,checks the film,do background checks,the works,have them compete with others,then when it comes time to give the results,make your choice,the verdict is "Inconclusive',that's the situation with Harbaugh and his offensive line a contest,a search for something that has no definition; until Harbaugh makes up his mind what he is looking for he will never find it!

#14 wrm#1

wrm#1

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

ps:the Ravens do not run the ball very well with Dickson as the extra TE,#86 is a better blocking TE,a small matter,I'm sure they'll work it out!

#15 Joe Flacco is #1

Joe Flacco is #1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:37 AM

Dont forget Joe got the ball out allot quicker remember that first td i mean it looked like Joe was getting the ball out of his has very fast most of the time defiantly different then in the past few games. and yea plays where creative that pass to rice loved it and that Td to jacoby we know it was a td btw was great!

#16 tbird

tbird

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

We used the middle of the field more. That was different. The officiating crew really stunk. That wasn't so different.

#17 slowboater

slowboater

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

..... The officiating crew really stunk. That wasn't so different.

That is putting it nicely. I would have said, "The game looked like the NFL had the fix in for the Giants as phantom call after phantom call was called. I don't know if the NFL just wants the games close or they wanted another larger market team in the post-season.....

It sure looked and felt that way.

Hats off to a focused Ravens team that beat the NY Giants AND the NFL's referees.

#18 law215

law215

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

A few take aways from the game

1. Oher is terrible. 3 penalties in a row. could have killed drives. Again why no McKinnie
2. I don't know if it was the play calling or Flacco but the ball got out of his hands quickly. Short passes got Flacco in rythym.
3. Play Calling helped Oline. Quick passes, rolling Joe out of pocket, up tempo, play action, balance with run game. Well done Caldwell. Hopefully will continue.
4. Defense attacked. Seemed like more blitzes even against the run. Defense looks better when attacking and Ellerbe makes a difference.
5. Dissappointed couldn't punch the ball in with goal to go situations but liked commitment to try to run it in instead of risking pass plays. The one time they tried to get cute, Flacco was sacked for a loss.

#19 sami

sami

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

Flacco isnt exactly Mr. Excitement when it comes to interviews. lol

#20 RayEdBoldinSuggsNgata

RayEdBoldinSuggsNgata

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

LOVED LOVED LOVED the offensive play calling by Jim today. He kept it continuos with the flow of the game especially after we were up big. He was always aware of down & distance & called plays to suite every INDIVIDUAL playmate we have on offense. GREAT job Jim, i'd rather the ship go down as is than with Cam on board.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users