42 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,124 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

The Ravens quarterback had one of his best games this season following weeks of criticism.

View the full article

#2 CxM_27

CxM_27

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

The pass to Torrey Smith & the Pass to Dennis Pitta were absolutely AMAZING. Cam Cameron who?

#3 CxM_27

CxM_27

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

& Can we please just get him his contract. Who cares about Flacco haters! He our QB . No doubt

#4 BillicksEGO

BillicksEGO

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

It reads, "following weeks of criticism, Flacco responds" And everyone says being critical is not being a good fan. Hey, when Joe plays good, I always give him that credit. Lately, he's been bad. Today, he played well, and it was the small things that he improved on. Sliding and extending plays. Being more accurate. Converting third downs. As for play calling, they got Rice the ball in space. That has always been the key to Rice and production. Don't waste him with runs up into a pile of lineman. Good game for Joe, and hopefully he can take this and move forward. We all want him to play well, but as we obviously see, when he plays good, we have a lot better chance to win, and conversely, when he plays bad, it's a hard road to hoe. Congrats Joe.

#5 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,677 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

That may have not only been one of his best performance of the year, it may have been the best of his career. That throw to Pitta was ridiculous. The 3rd down conversion rate was unlike anything we've seen out of him in the past.

I've been among his critics, but I've not been a fan of questioning at this point whether he is the long term solution for the team. That's a question for the offseason. Like the article says, there is still a lot of football to play. Let's see how this season plays out. I just truly hope we see the poised killer Joe we saw today through the post-season.

#6 arizonaravensfan

arizonaravensfan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

Flacco was terrific and what about Torrey and Q !

#7 Bohica5

Bohica5

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

1 game out of the last 6 proves nothing.......Great offense and defense today and great play calling also....

#8 ChrisPark

ChrisPark

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

There's too many fair weather fans in the Ravens community that bags on Flacco for bad games.. It's not like all QBs are consistent day in and day out. Give Flacco the franchise tag; he's the right QB for this Ravens team and will always be one. Screw the haters! When Flacco plays well, he resembles an elite QB. Once he starts to get consistent, we'll have ourselves a Top 5 QB and back to back Superbowl Championships!

#9 General Flacco

General Flacco

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

Shoulda been 3 TDs, I thought that Jones had that one they called back.

#10 reedlookalike15

reedlookalike15

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

Flacco was good! Ravens need more games like this in the playoffs. Ravens play like this or better in the playoffs.... Super bowl champs! Lets go! Go Ravens! Back to back AFC North champs! Need that Super bowl though!

Edited by Grapple Raven, 24 December 2012 - 12:17 AM.
Profanity, member warned

#11 TheKingAtFootball

TheKingAtFootball

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

That's the Quarter Back we've been missing!!!

#12 RayEdBoldinSuggsNgata

RayEdBoldinSuggsNgata

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

LOVED LOVED LOVED the offensive play calling by Jim today. He kept it continuos with the flow of the game especially after we were up big. He was always aware of down & distance & called plays to suite every INDIVIDUAL playmate we have on offense. GREAT job Jim, i'd rather the ship go down as is than with Cam on board. Joe Flacco was lights out today & all the players on offense looked to be playing with more enthusiasm & enjoyment.

PS thanks Cincinnati for effectively ending the Squeelers season.

#13 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,268 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

Who was that masked man?

~ Cosmic

AND THEY SHALL KNOW NO GOOD OR PEACE, NOR SHALL THEIR SUFFERING EVER CEASE
logout.png
UNTIL THEY HUMBLY COME & BEG FOR MERCY ON THEIR KNEES, WHICH I MAY GRANT IF I SHOULD PLEASE

#14 RavFan01

RavFan01

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:14 AM

Great game Flacco. Please keep it up

#15 slowboater

slowboater

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

"That's my quarterback".... In my best Q voice....

Ok, ok. Joe had 3 less than stellar games. That means he is due for at least 2 more fine games....

That puts us in the AFC Championship game.....again. Let's finish this thing this time!

#16 yanmei89

yanmei89

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

Kind of disrespectful he has to "fight for his contract". He just got us to our 5th post season in a row. He literally have never not been to the post season. I believe he always gets at lease 1 win also, so take that to heart.

#17 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,268 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:11 AM

At least one person got The Lone Ranger reference.

~ Cosmic
A fiery horse with the speed of light, a cloud of dust and a hearty "Hi-yo Silver" - the Lone Ranger!

AND THEY SHALL KNOW NO GOOD OR PEACE, NOR SHALL THEIR SUFFERING EVER CEASE
logout.png
UNTIL THEY HUMBLY COME & BEG FOR MERCY ON THEIR KNEES, WHICH I MAY GRANT IF I SHOULD PLEASE

#18 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,521 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:18 AM

Joe plays great when he gets in the rhythm. However, we need Joe to get into a rhythm every game he plays moving forward. Now that we are in the playoffs, every game has to be rhythm game for Joe Flacco and the Ravens. Anything short of that and inconsistency will get us eliminated.

So starting next week it is mistake free Baltimore Ravens football till we hoist the Lombardi. That is our only vindication, because frankly I am tired of hearing Steelers talk about their rings. I need a couple too!

#19 Bernie Mc1953

Bernie Mc1953

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

May not be elite but one thing for sure he is a proven WINNER.

#20 RAVENS509

RAVENS509

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:12 AM

He still hasn't proven anything there you all go throwing him back on top of the world for what so he can play horrible again next week like always I need for him to be like this for the next two weeks for him to prove me wrong but I doubt it will happen you can tell me I'm not a loyal fan but I am I just don't like his up and downs every week

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users