62 replies to this topic

#1 Gashman

Gashman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

Much improved agressive blitzing defense.

Kudos to Dean for getting our D to finally look like a real Ravens defense.

The Zone D had to go, it cost us several games.

#2 black blood purple passion

black blood purple passion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

Couldn't watch the whole game....saw Haloti's MONSTER sack though...that was a game changer, they were getting some momentum and Haloti haulted it. Who got the other sacks?

#3 Ngata Chance

Ngata Chance

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

Couldn't watch the whole game....saw Haloti's MONSTER sack though...that was a game changer, they were getting some momentum and Haloti haulted it. Who got the other sacks?

BA and Omar Brown.
"Flacco got a hug from owner Bisciotti after game.. Flacco told him: “that felt good.. That was big”

That seems like it was worded wrong...

#4 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,224 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

It's not really a new defense. This is just what Dean's defense looks like when the players get off the bus.

#5 black blood purple passion

black blood purple passion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

BA and Omar Brown.

nice nice, and Ellerbe should have had one too, that was beautifully timed. But OMAR BROWN GOT ONE?!?! Love this guy, he's a baller I don' t know what it is but the kid's like shakespeare he just keeps making plays!

#6 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

Well I guess its a good thing we didnt fire Pees like so many here wanted to.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#7 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,997 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

These defense isn't different, they are just more comfortable now, which leads to more confident play. I remember earlier in the season fans bashed Pees for calling the DB blitz alot, now it's a big part of the D.

As I said before, it's tough to implement a new Defense 3 years in the a row and not expect growing pains, especially with some many young guys and new players. These guys are just more comfortable with the calls, and much like we say about the OC, Pees is getting more comfortable with his players and how to use them.

The biggest thing today was the offense staying on the field on 3rd downs and allowed the D to stay fresh. Every time the defense got a stop, the offense answered.

mj5v69.jpg

#8 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,263 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

You have to respect the work Pees has put into this defense all season long. With all the injuries on defense and the changes he had to make (a lot of them unpopular) and the criticism he had to face having to follow Pagano. Respect.

bJNF689.jpg

#9 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

Getting Ellerbe back helped a LOT. Chykie Brown (except for the TD) and Corey Graham played really well, and Cary Williams played good too (except for the long bomb to Randle? i think Cary was covering him, not too sure) Ihedigbo played very well too, he was all over the field. Even Cody finally stepped it up a little. I was very impressed with our defense today. It helped that our offense executed today on 3rd down, which kept the defense fresh.

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#10 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,686 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

This game wasnt necessarily a change in Pees philosophy, I think it was more Pees showing great effort to adapt and make the best out of what he has to work with.

Obviously we havent been getting the most out of our pass rushers this season, today he took care of that by utilizing creative blitzes. As a result, James Ihedigbo got pressure on several occasions, and Omar Brown even had a sack.

The pressure allowed our secondary to hold up much better this week, and Nicks, Cruz, and the other WRs had little time to separate from the defenders. Save for that late TD by Hixon, the secondary played a very good game.

Plus getting Ellerbe back was a big shot in the arm for the run defense. David Wilson had that well blocked TD run, but besides that we played the run very well.

It was a very good game defensively.

"It's like somebody created him on Madden." - Jacoby Jones on Joe Flacco

"Hodor." - Hodor

#11 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,757 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

When the offense can stay on field like we have tonight, you give the time to use our defense in full burst every play.

Im not sure how many times Eli manning was hurried and sacked, but our defense put them out 3&out quick and often. Then our offense did what they are suppose to do and stayed on field all night.

#12 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,224 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

When the offense can stay on field like we have tonight, you give the time to use our defense in full burst every play.

Im not sure how many times Eli manning was hurried and sacked, but our defense put them out 3&out quick and often. Then our offense did what they are suppose to do and stayed on field all night.

That's true as well. Our offense controlled the ball, and the defense stayed rested.
When that happens, it's incredible to watch what happens.

#13 akacrow

akacrow

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:00 AM

Without a doubt the defense was in a 34 more often, Jones and Tyson did a very good job stuffing the run game. The Ravens defense has always been about stopping the run and getting teams into 2nd and third and long. Also Ed Reed and the DBs played their positions and didn't cheat or guess, they held their assignments.

#14 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

Ozzie, Biscotti, or FO never fires any coach who just got yesterday job; best example is Cam who wandered around Ravens' locker room for 5yrs....I know Pees' resume as DC is outstanding, so it is what Pees' defense look like when our key players are healthy.....That's only less than 50% of our superstars healthy, and if all of our stars are healthy, Pees' defense will nearly get to the 2000 defense meter...
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#15 FreckleNate

FreckleNate

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

Couldn't watch much of the game because of work but I was curious on how Omar looked, did he get a lot of plays?

DALLAS COWBOYGM

#16 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

Couldn't watch much of the game because of work but I was curious on how Omar looked, did he get a lot of plays?

He looked good on special teams, but I don't think he saw much defense except for the sack.

#17 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,762 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

Ozzie, Biscotti, or FO never fires any coach who just got yesterday job; best example is Cam who wandered around Ravens' locker room for 5yrs....I know Pees' resume as DC is outstanding, so it is what Pees' defense look like when our key players are healthy.....That's only less than 50% of our superstars healthy, and if all of our stars are healthy, Pees' defense will nearly get to the 2000 defense meter...

Not. Even. Close.

#18 RavensAllTheWay

RavensAllTheWay

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

I was ready to crown Chykie as not ready yet after blowing coverages against the Steelers, but he balled out there tonight. He stood out to me big time.

#19 nyc9192

nyc9192

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

It's not really a new defense. This is just what Dean's defense looks like when the players get off the bus.

Word!

#20 Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple

Telling It Like It Is Since 1974

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,110 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:30 AM

Is it me or did our young bucks look better than our starters today? Minus Webb of course. Still....

newsigg2_zps9e6531bd.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users