Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Game Recap: Giants vs. Ravens

91 posts in this topic

Baltimore ended a three-game losing streak with a 33-14 win Sunday night.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Game-Recap-Giants-vs-Ravens/3b1fa4c4-0624-43f7-99eb-72c33815988b]View the full article[/url]

2 things that really impressed me was Pees' play calling. looked like the old rex ryan defense out there today. And Flacco finally had some pocket awareness. Where has that been! only been waiting for him to be more aware in the pocket for about 2 years! Looking like we will have the colts in the first. colts or bengals are favorable match-ups at home.

This was by far the most complete game I have ever watched with Flacco under center. Hats off to Caldwell and the players for executing when they needed to. Enjoy a mini-bye next week in Cincy and let's get some steam heading into the playoffs so Ray Ray can return and lead us to the big dance.

idk if I would rather houston or New England. Houston did crush us, but they look the crap the last few weeks. New England is hot, but we know how to play them. Defense is getting healthy, and finally looking like the defense of old. Even last week it was starting to look better. Just got to keep momentum into the bengals game, and then in the playoffs

GREAT WIN TEAM !- although there are many areas to continue to improve on and progress.
Joe- NICE job. Way to bounce back and extend many of those plays. Keep up the hard work. GO RAVENS !

Just read an article about possibility of Ed Reed not being in Baltimore next year!!

I wish Flacco gets a contract which can allow us to keep Ed Reed and Anquan Boldin and may be Ray can retire!!

words really can't express how i feel about the Ravens and how well they played on both sides of the ball today! especially Joe Flacco. i'm soooo proud of them! watching them play was a thing of beauty and it brought tears to my eyes! lol!

~Mili

Has anything been said about Anquan's shoulder injury? I'm also interesting in finding out if Ed gets that 1 game suspension he appealed last time, since he had another helmet to helmet in this game. But that probably won't be announced until at least tomorrow.

Great Frickin Game...me and the wife will be at the Cinn. game next week..look for us up in the nose bleed section wearing a purple mow hawk and a purple mullet wig decked out in purple

Its part of my wife's bucket list

Honestly it's important for the ravens to play well next week,although we haven't seen too many 3 games losing streaks[especially at home being 2 of those games],the problem has been performing away from M&T Bank. After winning the division this year I wouldn't[if I were the Ravens] want to share it with anyone,because of some stinking tie breaker! And for all the flack that Flacco has taken this year it was good to see his receivers show up for a change! @djdave1984,article or not,this is about this year,next year will take care of itself,you can't play NEXT year,THIS year!

It's one game. That is true, but it does prove a point. When Joe plays well, we have a good chance to beat some good teams. The Giants really needed this one, but our young fill-in guys on defense played great, and our offense really mixed it up. Joe had a pretty solid game, and showed some real improvement. The main take-away is that this team needs our QB to play at this level more often period. Great win for everyone, and tell the steal-ers there is a new sheriff in town, and they are in purple!

Like I said before this game. Our defense is a lot better than that stats are saying the reason why we have been giving up a lot of yards is because the offense was always putting them out there after a lot of 3 & outs. If we don't turn the ball over and control the time of possession we win. [period]

The question now is whether or not Ed Reed clinched a suspension and loss of game check(s) because his shoulder grazed 5-foot nothin' Cruz's helmet. Reed could have flat knocked him out, and let up, but he's in the cross-hairs so who knows.

Hey every body listen up and listen well !!

As Raven Nation, Purple and Black it's Time we Take a Stand on a Serious Issue.

ESPN: sources confirm the league is going to discipline Ed Reed..

For his Shoulder to Chest/chin hit on Cruz...

(they are claiming another Bogus Helmet to Helmet)...

We need to Raise [the roof] and against the Goodell and NFL on this because if they unlawfully and unfairly suspend Ed Reed. I am done with football... and I hope you are too

Finally we have an offensive coordinator who can call a game! That was the most solid offensive plan I have seen from the Ravens all year. The game also shows how great Ozzy is at picking new players. During the pre season, our second and third string guys played really well. Now with all our injuries that depth is showing.

LOVED LOVED LOVED the offensive play calling by Jim today. He kept it continuos with the flow of the game especially after we were up big. He was always aware of down & distance & called plays to suite every INDIVIDUAL playmate we have on offense. GREAT job Jim, i'd rather the ship go down as is than with Cam on board.

I agree that the H2H call on Reed was bogus, and a lot of this game was more like Ravens vs. Refs, since they seemed to be out to get Baltimore until we were ahead enough in points that 1 score wouldn't have made the difference.

[quote name='ravensdog86' timestamp='1356323986' post='1277369']
Hey every body listen up and listen well !!

As Raven Nation, Purple and Black it's Time we Take a Stand on a Serious Issue.

ESPN: sources confirm the league is going to discipline Ed Reed..

For his Shoulder to Chest/chin hit on Cruz...

(they are claiming another Bogus Helmet to Helmet)...

We need to Raise[the roof] and against the Goodell and NFL on this because if they unlawfully and unfairly suspend Ed Reed. I am done with football... and I hope you are too
[/quote]

That would be very unfortunate. And someone would need to review the appeal. Clearly that was shoulder to chest, and the referees were reacting to his neck snapping back

Corners played great!

Play calling was unpredictable!

Game ball goes to Caldwell! He finally put Boldin in the slot with Smith and Jones out wide! Thank you! It made a huge difference! No one can check Boldin in the slot. Anyone can check Boldin wide!

Also, BIG shout out to Omar Brown! I was so proud to see him show up on a sack. That guy has star player talent just waiting to be developed and fine tuned. I hope he gets more game time!