Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HaX

Chykie Brown

51 posts in this topic

[quote name='bravensfan52' timestamp='1356310518' post='1276677']
Yea looks like jimmy is done. Brown just took his spot
[/quote]
I wouldn't say Smith is done. I would say that he is probably still making his way into the line-up after being out for weeks.

He showed flashes last year, I like him...I wish Jimmy could remain healthy and stop biting on the double moves...all the physical attributes sad to see the mental errors

Glad somebody a topic about him. Kid played out of his mind today and I liked how upset he was at himself for allowing Hixon to score that late TD.

Definitely glad people are stepping up with Webb gone. No matter what people say, Cary has SERIOUSLY stepped up his performance as the #1, and there have been plenty of lesser guys shining (Graham, Brown) Glad for our CB depth!

I don't think his play pushes Jimmy anywhere, it just puts Jimmy on alert. A 1st round selection doesn't mean you've made it. Playing Ravens defense is a different level, and when you are expected to be great, it's a even higher level. Jimmy got to step up.

The play of Brown and Graham does give the Ravens confidence to allow Cary to walk next year and hope that the group of Webb, Jimmy, Brown, Graham and Jackson plays well.

I was actually starting to think that Brown should move to FS to start to get groomed under Reed, but he plays with a lot of confidence at CB, he could be a real asset.

He was certainly impressive tonight. He's got all the physical tools to be a quality CB; the more his technique improves, the more he'll shine.

Chykie was a beast of CB for us today! Jimmy just can't seem to stay healthy. it's sad!

~Mili

He played pretty well today don't get me wrong i was impressed but a few times he was beaten by quite a few steps and gave up some decent NFL windows but manning had ALOT of throws behind his wr that gave him a chance to make plays.. which he did. One guy thats really impressed me recently is james Ihedigbo

Guess we have to give Ozzie and the position coaches credit. He's been playing well. Also have to give credit to Omar Brown, Bynes, Tyson, McPhee and Jones. All late rounders or ufa who are contributing. Damn, I almost forgot Ellerbe.

I wouldn't be surprised if Asa Jackson leapfrogs Jimmy at some point, that kid is gonna be special too.

He played like a Pro Bowl CB tonight. He's gonna be good... looks like he's supplanted Jimmy.

I missed the game. Can someone tell me who was guarding who? Nicks? Cruz? And what kind of coverage were we in mostly?

[quote name='shootyoup' timestamp='1356317637' post='1277135']
I missed the game. Can someone tell me who was guarding who? Nicks? Cruz? And what kind of coverage were we in mostly?
[/quote]

From what I could see they were mixing it up. But that happens when Manning motions his receivers around LOS presnap! I'm just glad that our secondary was up to the task.

[quote name='shootyoup' timestamp='1356317637' post='1277135']
[/quote]

It was a mix. I saw Brown on Nicks a number of times as well as Graham. Williams was on Cruz, Hixon and Randle. Seemed to be a lot of man coverage but I'm sure there were zone looks as well.

Coach Austin is the beast behind the scenes. All the corners are ballin out of control right now. Brown looked good today,

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]All I got to say is... Brown... what else you got? ;)

Jimmy ain't done. Cary would be done before Jimmy. We could have a great roster spot battle brewing right before our eyes. Next pre-season, I can't wait for this.

~ Cosmicc
Actually, I can. We've got a Super Bowl to win first.[/font][/i]

[quote name='bravensfan52' timestamp='1356310518' post='1276677']
Yea looks like jimmy is done. Brown just took his spot
[/quote]
Rightfully so!

Chykie was a beast. I can't believe the turnaround on our secondary. Everyone played lights out. To be fair to Jimmy, he's been injured a lot, I wouldn't necessarily call him a bust just yet. If he can find a way to stay healthy, hopefully he can become great.

[quote name='arnie_uk' timestamp='1356351313' post='1277620']
I thought Cary was.brilliant to. That catch by randle on the deep ball was unstoppable.
[/quote]

Cary has been playing well for a while, of course he's one of the hated players around here, so people will highlight the one or two plays he gives up a game. Cary isn't lock down, but he's a quality CB.

I thought the Randal play could have been defensed. I haven't rewatched the game yet, but it looked like Cary just didn't locate the ball soon enough. The coverage was great, but because he didn't locate the ball soon enough, Randal was able to track it better. Eli just threw up a prayer.

However long term, I don't think Cary is with this team. He will command big money and his numbers, probable pro bowl, being a constant presence on a injury riddled defense and maybe a Super Bowl ring, will all lead to his agent asking for more then the Ravens are willing to pay.

People wonder why Ozzie drafted a CB in Asa Jackson, even the secondary seemed strong. It's because you can't pay all your talent big money. They tried to lock Cary up, but he played his cards well. Now you have guys like Brown, Graham, and Jackson who will pair with Jimmy and Webb.