Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Mr. Nobody

Wild Card Week vs. Colts

Assuming the Ravens win on Wild Card Weekend...   95 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want for the divisional round?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

443 posts in this topic

... just we're going to rip your Colts apart in the wildcard game... bet your house on it... hats off and speedy recovery!

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]I was kind of hoping for a Denver/Colts game... but I'll take this one as well.

Let the Broncos, Patriots and Texans kill one another. We'll feed off the scraps.[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]~ Cosmic[/font][/i]

The seeding would work perfectly. Pats should take the first seed now and I think the Bengals could actually beat the Broncos. I think with a new OC we can beat the Texans and I love our chances against the Pats. The team I'm most worried about seeing in the playoffs is Denver. Also, Ray wouldn't need to be back for the game against the Colts which would be another week of rest for him.

[quote name='baltravens' timestamp='1356309640' post='1276598']
So is it official that we will play the Colts (at home) in the playoffs even if we lose to the Bengals?
...a little help.
[/quote]

If we win and Pats lose next week, we get the 3 seed due to our win against NE

So is it official that we will play the Colts (at home) in the playoffs even if we lose to the Bengals?
...a little help.
[/quote]

No, the OP is jumping the gun. There is still a chance we could get the 3 Seed if the Patriots lose and we win, meaning we would then play the 6th Seed Bengals and the Patriots would fall to the 4th seed playing the Colts.

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1356309755' post='1276613']
No, the OP is jumping the gun. There is still a chance we could get the 3 Seed if the Patriots lose and we win, meaning we would then play the 6th Seed Bengals and the Patriots would fall to the 4th seed playing the Colts.
[/quote]

Was going to say, they are jumping the gun a bit. We grab the division so cincy plays the colts if i am correct.

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1356309755' post='1276613']

[/quote]

Is rather play the Colts

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Colts... Bengals... either way... Let the Broncos, Texans and Patriots kill one another.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]~ Cosmic[/i][/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Retreats back to his dream world.[/i][/font]

[quote name='nextgen_RavensFan' timestamp='1356309850' post='1276619']
Was going to say, they are jumping the gun a bit. We grab the division so cincy plays the colts if i am correct.
[/quote]

No, they are both wildcard teams. If NE wins, we play IND, if they lose and we win we play CIN

[quote name='BALTIMOREFLACCO' timestamp='1356309914' post='1276624']
No, they are both wildcard teams. If NE wins, we play IND, if they lose and we win we play CIN
[/quote]
Thanks, that was what I was looking for. Ravens, Harbs, Flacco = 5 years in a row making the playoffs!

...a little help.
[/quote]

A quote from Hensley:

"[i]The Ravens (10-5) still have something to play for in their final regular-season game at Cincinnati. Baltimore can move up from the No. 4 seed to the No. 3 spot if it beats the Bengals and the Patriots (11-4) lose at home to the Dolphins. The Ravens have the head-to-head tiebreaker over New England because of a 31-30 win over the Patriots in Week 3.

The final regular-season game is meaningless for the Bengals, who are locked into being the No. 6 seed. Even if Cincinnati (9-6) ties Indianapolis (10-5), the Bengals lose out on the common opponents tiebreaker[/i]."

i believe it would be silly for us to play a divisional foe in the wildcard game when indy suits as better as home game

The best we can hope for as fans is we are #3 with a win against CIN and a loss for the Patriots. In that scenario, we would then need to hope the other wild card team or the Patriots make it to the AFCCG so that way we could host it here. That is the only scenario where we can play the AFCCG here at M&T.

And it is too early to claim we play the Colts. Yes, we currently are slotted to play them but our destiny can change depending on next week. We don't control our own destiny, though.

I rather play the Colts then the Bengals. It sucks that knowing after that we have to go on the ROAD 2/3 out of New England,Houston, and Denver.

To be the best we gotta beat the best!

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1356312971' post='1276847']
I rather play the Colts then the Bengals. It sucks that knowing after that we have to go on the ROAD 2/3 out of New England,Houston, and Denver.

To be the best we gotta beat the best!
[/quote]

agree, so i would start with indy at home then go and revenge that horrible loss to texans in houston and last get to go to brady's home and kick it through for the win this year

[quote name='horus13corvineus' timestamp='1356313133' post='1276856']
agree, so i would start with indy at home then go and revenge that horrible loss to texans in houston and last get to go to brady's home and kick it through for the win this year
[/quote]
Ahhhhh, it's going to be soooo hard!!

I rather us see the Colts, then the Broncos, & then the Patriots.

I think we played great vs Manning & Brady this year.... But of course that would mean we would have to beat a combined 6 MVPS, 5 Superbowl winning QB's on the road. :bitenails:

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1356313456' post='1276873']
Ahhhhh, it's going to be soooo hard!!

I rather us see the Colts, then the Broncos, & then the Patriots.

I think we played great vs Manning & Brady this year.... But of course that would mean we would have to beat a combined 6 MVPS, 5 Superbowl winning QB's on the road. :bitenails:
[/quote]

the hardest it is, the more beautiful the jurney

[quote name='horus13corvineus' timestamp='1356313589' post='1276881']
the hardest it is, the more beautiful the jurney
[/quote]
Agree.

And the winner of the AFC will most likely play the Falcons or Packers...The NFC playoff picture looks alot weaker then the AFC.

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1356313729' post='1276889']
Agree.

And the winner of the AFC will most likely play the Falcons or Packers...The NFC playoff picture looks alot weaker then the AFC.
[/quote]

i still believe in Matt's karma to not win a game in playoffs again... so might be '9ers or hawks

[quote name='horus13corvineus' timestamp='1356311243' post='1276730']
i believe it would be silly for us to play a divisional foe in the wildcard game when indy suits as better as home game
[/quote]
Yeah I like the fact that a dome team has to play an outdoor game on the road in a very hostile environment.

Without starting another topic, let me ask here. How many attending the game will cheer for Pagano when he comes onto the field? I think he deserves a standing ovation from the Balto crowd, but if introduced with the team, as is usually done, it would feel like we are cheering the Colts. I hope Bruce introduces Pagano separately.

[quote name='Rinbee' timestamp='1356533729' post='1279197']
Without starting another topic, let me ask here. How many attending the game will cheer for Pagano when he comes onto the field? I think he deserves a standing ovation from the Balto crowd, but if introduced with the team, as is usually done, it would feel like we are cheering the Colts. I hope Bruce introduces Pagano separately.
[/quote]

I most definitely will. And everyone else should too.

I was a little bitter when he left for the HC gig in Indy but considering everything he had to go through and watching his team rally behind him like that, he's been nothing short of an inspiration.

[quote name='TreTheRaven' timestamp='1356310671' post='1276690']
A quote from Hensley:

"[i]The Ravens (10-5) still have something to play for in their final regular-season game at Cincinnati. Baltimore can move up from the No. 4 seed to the No. 3 spot if it beats the Bengals and the Patriots (11-4) lose at home to the Dolphins. The Ravens have the head-to-head tiebreaker over New England because of a 31-30 win over the Patriots in Week 3.

The final regular-season game is meaningless for the Bengals, who are locked into being the No. 6 seed. Even if Cincinnati (9-6) ties Indianapolis (10-5), the Bengals lose out on the common opponents tiebreaker[/i]."
[/quote]

The 3 seed doesnt gain us anything though really.. Just changes the opponent. We'd still play Wild-Card weekend, at home.

[quote name='Rinbee' timestamp='1356533729' post='1279197']
[/quote]

I'm not going to the game, but would definately cheer for him. And then I would yell at him to get on the sideline and get ready for a whoopin'!

[quote name='H8R' timestamp='1356534332' post='1279204']

The 3 seed doesnt gain us anything though really.. Just changes the opponent. We'd still play Wild-Card weekend, at home.
[/quote]

Having the 3 seed, kind of scares me. Not sure about anyone else, but playing Cincy 2 weeks in a row -- doesn't sound like my cup of tea.

[quote name='TreTheRaven' timestamp='1356535621' post='1279218']
Having the 3 seed, kind of scares me. Not sure about anyone else, but playing Cincy 2 weeks in a row -- doesn't sound like my cup of tea.
[/quote]

If that were to happen, and thats accounting for eveything else..its VERY important for us to win THIS week. You dont want a young team like that thinking they can compete... Give them ZERO confidence.

Funny that the supposedly elite Andrew Luck has the 6th lowest QB rating, is 33rd in completion percentage and is tied for #1 in INTs despite have the 5th most attempts in the league. BAL's defense should have fun with him in the Wild Card game, assuming that BAL remains the 4th seed. :ravensquote:

[quote name='cobrajet' timestamp='1356486666' post='1279009']
Yeah I like the fact that a dome team has to play an outdoor game on the road in a very hostile environment.
[/quote]
After seeing how they did in KC, I'd love to see them come to M&T.