90 replies to this topic

#1 BALTIMOREFLACCO

BALTIMOREFLACCO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,763 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

Great game called by Caldwell. We saw the use of Torrey in multiple routes, we saw Anquan over the middle a lot, a lot of routes to the flats for Pitta, and a nice WR screen that got negated by a stupid Oher penalty. Also, we saw great use of the run game.

Questionable calls were the draw on 3rd and goal (that shouldn't even happened after the stupid call by the refs)and the PA pass on the last 3rd and goal. Other than those two, great game from Jim and the offense.

Show some love

Edited by BALTIMOREFLACCO, 23 December 2012 - 07:34 PM.

23mn1x.jpg

Thank god I was born a Texas Longhorn

Whiskey Sour GM

#2 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

I feel like it's the best playcalling I've seen us have in years lol

#3 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,238 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

Best game I can remember

#4 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

Caldwell and Pees called great games. I am amazed at how we played tonight. I thought our offense was done and the defense could get no worse but i admit when i am wrong and i was so very wrong and apologize. Joe played like Joe should play, the defense played way above the level of their talent and Ngata came to life. What about #51 Brendon. He was everywhere. I wanted to hear Upshaws name called more and Krugers as well but hey, we showed up to defend our house and i am more then ecstatic about it. Great play on every level.
This spot reserved for Super Bowl celebratory images !!

#5 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

Best game I can remember

Agreed.... He keeps it up, we have no more problems at OC for awhile.... Now if we can hire Jim Zorn.....
Banned

#6 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,919 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

great game! now do it again next week! keep it up!

~Mili

@Mili

mili1.png

"We have an opportunity to get to the playoffs.

None of these teams are better than us. Let’s go prove it!”

- John Harbaugh

#7 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

Agreed.... He keeps it up, we have no more problems at OC for awhile.... Now if we can hire Jim Zorn.....

Why Zorn friend, seems like Joe has found a groove and needed no hand holding. He was the QB we all knew he could be and finally it has shown through.
This spot reserved for Super Bowl celebratory images !!

#8 RavensMillz

RavensMillz

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

I think this will make it harder for opposing defenses to game plan for us because we will breaking those Cam tendencies. We have the ability to add a few new wrinkles that hasn't been seen just in time for the playoffs. We looked like a complete offense rather than that fight for every completion offense. Joe looked the most comfortable I've seen even with pressure in his face. Oline didn't have to hold as long. Jim's playcalling allowed him to make some easy completions to get into rhythm. Hope this continues!

#9 Guest_Moderator 6_*

Guest_Moderator 6_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

I think this will make it harder for opposing defenses to game plan for us because we will breaking those Cam tendencies. We have the ability to add a few new wrinkles that hasn't been seen just in time for the playoffs. We looked like a complete offense rather than that fight for every completion offense. Joe looked the most comfortable I've seen even with pressure in his face. Oline didn't have to hold as long. Jim's playcalling allowed him to make some easy completions to get into rhythm. Hope this continues!

There are enough posts on Caldwell / Offense. Merging this.

#10 Crabcakes&Football

Crabcakes&Football

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

We needed that game. I think it's the best complete game we've played all year. I guess Caldwell just needed a week to settle in. And how bout Joe on that big play to Pitta?
Enjoy the Ride.
Posted Image

#11 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,690 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

Absolutely tremendous game called by Caldwell. Boldin finally got to work out of the slot, Torrey did more than just run under deep balls, and we saw a good bit of Pitta, Jacoby, and of course Rice and Pierce were rolling. Great, great game by Caldwell, and excellent execution on top of that.

"It's like somebody created him on Madden." - Jacoby Jones on Joe Flacco

"Hodor." - Hodor

#12 SpiderWebb21

SpiderWebb21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

That's how you play on offense! Saw a nice balance in and run and pass. It helped that they got up by a score or so, which allowed them to stay with the run.

I liked how we used our receivers. Shorter routes with YAC. I loved the play calling today. It was exciting.

#13 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,997 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

Popping in to say the Ravens move to 8-0 when Flacco scores a rushing TD
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#14 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,706 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

I love the way he used Pitta and utilized Pierce and I also liked the tempo. It seemed like they spread the ball to everyone. Would have liked to have seen Vonta get a try on the one yard line.

#15 Andrew Glass

Andrew Glass

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

I was impressed. Normally I can literally sit back and call or tell you about 70-80% of what the ravens are going to do next. I couldnt do that today. I didnt think he did so bad last week given the little time he had to put his offense in we just REALLY didnt execute last week.

#16 ravensgirl20

ravensgirl20

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

Just an amazing complete game on both sides. So proud of what they were able to do today.

61ad95b4-6153-48af-b0d1-55411b864ffa_zps

#17 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,005 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

What i was most impressed with was the fact Caldwell made the Giants defense the offense today. They couldn't key in on what the Ravens wanted to do because the offense styed fresh.

Caldwell showed so much confidence in his QB and offense today and it showed. 3rd and long usually results in a draw or a check down to Rice or Pitta. I always viewed this as give up calls by Cam. With Jim today it didn't matter, he forced the Giants to stop his offense instead of conceding a possession.

There was a certain confidence about the offense today and I think Caldwell had a lot to do with it. Even when Oher had like 3 penalties on one drive, Caldwell stayed aggressive, he didn't just go into a shell because they got behind the sticks.

He trusted his players to make plays and they did.

mj5v69.jpg

#18 baltravens

baltravens

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

The win makes the holiday that much sweeter. ...A Merry Christmas to all of the Flock!!!

#19 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,919 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

The win makes the holiday that much sweeter. ...A Merry Christmas to all of the Flock!!!

that it does! that it does! Merry Christmas to all of my Flock brothers and sisters! we got the W tonight....we're the AFC North Champs AND the steelers (and their obnoxious fans) got bounced out of the playoffs altogether! how sweet it is! lol!

~Mili

@Mili

mili1.png

"We have an opportunity to get to the playoffs.

None of these teams are better than us. Let’s go prove it!”

- John Harbaugh

#20 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,769 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

that it does! that it does! Merry Christmas to all of my Flock brothers and sisters! we got the W tonight....we're the AFC North Champs AND the steelers (and their obnoxious fans) got bounced out of the playoffs altogether! how sweet it is! lol!

~Mili

Yes siiiirr!

You as well, man!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users