Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SecretAgentMan

Week 17 @ Bengals - Rest or play starters?

Should the Ravens Play Their Starters?   111 votes

1. 1. Yeah or nay?

• Yes
    • No
    • Just for the 1st Half

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

220 posts in this topic

For next week, Rest as many starters as possible, don't show any revealing gameplan, see what the Bengals do. They will probably rest as well lol I DONT WANT TO LOSE ANY MORE STARTERS BEFORE PLAYOFFS!!!!

Since, the Ravens have clinched the 4th seed, should they just pull all their starters against the Bengals? This would allow all of their banged-up and injured players to rest and would prevent any devastating injuries.

What implications are in factor in the playoffs if we lose vs. win next week? Who says the Bengals are not considering resting their starters next week?

As soon as someone gets a link for the championship stuff could you post it on here for me? Much appreciated.

There are zero implications for us, but Bengals may be able to take the five seed if indy loses. Not sure. I guess if NE loses we could get 3 seed? Id rather play Indy.

I say rest them. I think we had at least 1 bad injury in every game this season. Consider this week as a bye week.

[quote name='gabefergy' timestamp='1356309377' post='1276574']
There are zero implications for us, but Bengals may be able to take the five seed if indy loses. Not sure.
[/quote]
So I guess it's a matter of us hosting the Bengals or Colts?

[quote name='Moderator 6' timestamp='1356309113' post='1276538']
What implications are in factor in the playoffs if we lose vs. win next week? Who says the Bengals are not considering resting their starters next week?
[/quote]

ha!... a game of please you win this one... what a classic

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]I think the starters need to play AT LEAST the first quarter.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]I don't want any rusty legs hitting the field Wild-Card Sunday.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]~ Cosmic[/i][/font]

[quote name='Moderator 6' timestamp='1356309570' post='1276591']
So I guess it's a matter of us hosting the Bengals or Colts?
[/quote]

only if the fins beat patsies things can change... so not really... not at all

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1356309654' post='1276599']
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]I think the starters need to play AT LEAST the first quarter.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]I don't want any rusty legs hitting the field Wild-Card Sunday.[/i][/font]

[/quote]

first half the least.. my boy joe needs his 4 K... now now lol

[quote name='horus13corvineus' timestamp='1356309627' post='1276596']
ha!... a game of please you win this one... what a classic
[/quote]

It'll be like a scrimmage!

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1356309739' post='1276611']
It'll be like a scrimmage!
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]And both teams could share in a pre-game ceremony... The Burning Of The Terrible Towel.[/i][/font]

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1356308943' post='1276517']
[b]Since, the Ravens have clinched the 4th seed,[/b] should they just pull all their starters against the Bengals? This would allow all of their banged-up and injured players to rest and would prevent any devastating injuries.
[/quote]

People are jumping the gun here, it's not a foregone conclusion we are hosting the Colts. I understand nobody thinks the Dolphins can beat the Patriots but it is still very possible if we win, Patriots lose to get the third seed and to play the Bengals.

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1356309801' post='1276616']
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]And both teams could share in a pre-game ceremony... The Burning Of The Terrible Towel.[/i][/font]

[/quote]

that's too classy for what i got in mind lol

[quote name='horus13corvineus' timestamp='1356309681' post='1276604']
only if the fins beat patsies things can change... so not really... not at all
[/quote]

I doubt we'll rest our starters at all, and unless the NFL flexes either the Ravens-Bengals or Patriots-Dolphins into 4:25, we'll play at the same time, 1PM.

With the 4th seed, the Ravens will most likely end up playing the Colts (-42 net pt) instead of the Bengals (65 net pt)! A blessing in disguise!

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1356309926' post='1276626']
People are jumping the gun here, it's not a foregone conclusion we are hosting the Colts. I understand nobody thinks the Dolphins can beat the Patriots but it is still very possible if we win, Patriots lose to get the third seed and to play the Bengals.
[/quote]

come on Jo man, i understand got a bit tipsy at the mo, but why win the next game to play bungals again? indy seems the team we need to play!

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1356310006' post='1276634']
I doubt we'll rest our starters at all, and unless the NFL flexes either the Ravens-Bengals or Patriots-Dolphins into 4:25, we'll play at the same time, 1PM.
[/quote]

Joe has only won 4 straight... we need to start this in playoffs... can't let bungals break it

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1356309654' post='1276599']

[/quote]
I agree, I don't want some rustyness on the field

[quote name='Grendelwulf21' timestamp='1356310455' post='1276671']
I agree, I don't want some rustyness on the field
[/quote]

I added that as a Poll option due to popular demand!

[quote name='horus13corvineus' timestamp='1356310013' post='1276636']
come on Jo man, i understand got a bit tipsy at the mo, but why win the next game to play bungals again? indy seems the team we need to play!
[/quote]

To get a better seed in the Playoffs, and the Ravens don't schedule how the wild card round works, just that 3 plays the 6th seed no matter who it is. Jets and Bengals played each other in Week 17 and then the Wild Card Round the following week a couple years ago.

Just stating the possibility of us getting the third seed if the Dolphins beat the Patriots and we beat the Bengals.

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1356310615' post='1276685']
To get a better seed in the Playoffs, and the Ravens don't schedule how the wild card round works, just that 3 plays the 6th seed no matter who it is. Jets and Bengals played each other in Week 17 and then the Wild Card Round the following week a couple years ago.

Just stating the possibility of us getting the third seed if the Dolphins beat the Patriots and we beat the Bengals.
[/quote]

yes i know all that, but why would you play a divisional foe in the wildcard game when it's more sensible to play indy who's not that good away from home and a rookie qb

The Starters on offense need to play at least the first half. Gotta make sure you maintain a good rhythm. Rest Boldin, rest Yanda and anyone that got banged up today.

On D, you rest Pollard, Suggs, Ngata and Ed. Those guys will probably dress, play the first couple drives, then turn it over to they young guys.