Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Giants vs. Ravens Game Preview: Ravens Feeling Fierce, Angry

59 posts in this topic

In the midst of a three-game losing skid, the Ravens are anxious to play Sunday.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Giants-vs-Ravens-Game-Preview-Ravens-Feeling-Fierce-Angry/23487dd9-dd4f-4430-a232-1a06c19b6404]View the full article[/url]

[quote name='missing person' timestamp='1356279127' post='1274204']
Giants 34 Ravens 10.... I was off last week by 4 points.
[/quote]

Well, you're off by a lot more this week......

Ravens 31
Giants 17

The Ravens say they feeling Fierce, Fired up and Angry, So are the N Y Giants but the Giants are favorite so it's up to the Ravens to prove the naysayers wrong which I'm one of them,sorry to feel that way

Was listening to an NFL talk radio station just now and an old guy, which is saying something for my 63 years, was saying that the really great teams have a leader, like Unitas!

He went on to say that no matter how beat and banged up they were, as long as #19 took the field, they were confident they'd win!

That, Nation, is when we know our guy can join the Elite conversation,... And, with our team's current leader on the sidelines healing from a muscle tear, the outcome of today's game, like the play on offense, is anybody's guess!

This is a winnable game. The giants will focus on Rice. Joe has to step up and make those throws he hasn't been making the last three weeks.

[quote name='Mystigo_Dragon' timestamp='1356282051' post='1274247']
Was listening to an NFL talk radio station just now and an old guy, which is saying something for my 63 years, was saying that the really great teams have a leader, like Unitas!

He went on to say that no matter how beat and banged up they were, as long as #19 took the field, they were confident they'd win!

That, Nation, is when we know our guy can join the Elite conversation,... And, with our team's current leader on the sidelines healing from a muscle tear, the outcome of today's game, like the play on offense, is anybody's guess!
[/quote]Regardless of all the injuries, if we had a guy with the talent, drive and leadership of a Unitas at QB, the team, and probably most of the fans, would still be confident of a win. "Johnny U. ... where are you"

I just cant comprehend Flacco having another bad game, especially at home. We need a win here to secure home field advantage for a wild card round. And we need to rest up some guys in week 17 and see what young guys can emerge as role players in the Superbowl push.

Well the thing about it is Joe Flacco holds the key whether anyone likes it or not. For good or bad we are either winning or losing with him. It just so happens that we have lost the last 3 because of him. But, we may win the next 2 because of him as well.

For Flacco it all begins with decision making and being able to pivot your head to see both sides of the field to choose your best option. He hasn't been able to do that. In the strip sack against the Redskins, we had 2 open on his blind side to whom he could have thrown the ball to, but he didn't see that side at all! Problem. He needs to eliminate those silly mistakes and be a fast decision maker. If he does, we will win against anybody. But, how teachable is that with 2 games left? Don't know and won't worry. It is what it is.

Now, Steve Bisciotti in my view has 2 options. One is bad and the other is worse. He will either have to franchise him or sign him to a long term contract. I think he chooses the former and evaluates him for another season with a different coordinator. He may become great, one never knows. Steve like everybody else wants to have a passable QB and not left hanging with 'no' QB at all! So he is damned if he does and he is damned if he does not! Either way he is looking at a boat load of money keeping a QB who is as unpredictable as they come! However, an optimist still has faith in Joe being decent over the next few years....