Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ray Lewis Not Activated

59 posts in this topic

Ray Lewis will miss a ninth straight game after tearing his biceps.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ray-Lewis-Not-Activated/674fd7b3-471a-4ea3-baa6-304425f49270]View the full article[/url]

#52 won't be in the battlefield tomorrow; how disappointing but it is better not to risk further injury and allow for more healing. A win against the Giants will be like going up the rough side of the mountain but it can be done. We always seem to end the season in crisis mode. Last year we had to win out to stay ahead of the squeelers and win the division. This year we’re limping into the playoffs desperately needing 1 victory to win the division. Time to dig deep and remember how to Play Like A Raven!!

The look on Rays Face here says it all ,it hurts him not to be out there and i think he knows and is starting to understand hes full filled his great career and Will always be the Ravens Face of this organization ,i just hope we all get to witness him one last time running out of that tunnel and doing one last dance it will be emotional and hurtful ,But knowing he has his ring and broke nearly every record ,i as a Ravens Fan can sleep better knowing he would leave the Game healthy and would always have a option in Baltimore to Coach or whatever ,Reguardless it will be a sad day and i will be in Canton to witness his speech as a first ballot HOF

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, December 23, 2012 - Off topic/duplicate posts · Report post

is coming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcSBw76_tpk

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, December 23, 2012 - Off topic/duplicate posts · Report post

check min 2:43

we only need Ray from our second game in the playoffs when we go back to Houston for revenge

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, December 23, 2012 - Duplicate · Report post

the offense need to wach the viedo below

Honestly I didn't expect him to play yet. It's a bummer, but understandable. Hopefully Elerbe can play, we need him.

Talk about baptismal under fire, this guy Josh Bynes has my respect.

GO RAVENS!

I am glad we are being smart with his health. Him being able to play in the playoffs is more helpful then him going out too early against the Gwomen and getting hurt again. Speedy recovery General. The young lions will hold you down.

Since the Giants don't have Brandon Jacobs anymore, it might be better for younger guys like Bynes to match up against David Wilson and Ahmad Bradshaw, whose incredible cutting and change of direction would be a tough matchup for Ray.

The problem right now isn't one of lingering injury as much as atrophied muscle. He just needs some time to build it back up strong enough to take the punishment of O-lines and running backs crashing into him.

I'm glad our team got some Line Backer help. Adrian Hamilton was passed over in the draft by all 32 teams and he never got an offer from the CFL. The Prarie View starter was the last FA cut by the Dallas Cowboys in training camp. We can hope he was over looked at Prarie View and that Dallas was overloaded at LB.Maybe #54 will turn out to be a James Harrison,a Bart Scott or even another Jarrett Johnson but what does this move say about the health of Ray Lewis and about the future of Sergio Kindle. Could be a LB fill in is an indication that the Raven brass wants two more weeks for Lewis to recover and winning the AFC North would not be worth the risk of using him too early.Still I'm concerned that it was not Sergio Kindle in whom the Ravens have invested so much that was tapped to shore up a crippled defense. Pass rush move?

Fred,Fred Atrophy and Ray Lewis?...................you just movce to B-mo?

this game is all on the offense

rest and continue to heal up Ray! stay in shape, stay humble and STAY HUNGRY! bring the pain when you return!

~Mili

The Greek
Posted
11 minutes ago
this game is all on the offense

So if the offense puts up 25-30, and the Ravens lose, is it the offenses fault?

There has never been a game the Ravens have played that is completely about the offense.

I just don't see the point of resting him to make his 1st game back a playoff game. He will be rusty, out of game shape, and will not perform well. Book it.

I was certain the entire purpose of holding him out last week was so that the could play at least 1 of the last 2 weeks in order to get back in the game routine and perform at a higher level in the playoffs.

I just dont see the point. Starting to wonder if he will play at all.

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, December 23, 2012 - Off topic · Report post

I want to know who my Raven friends are rooting for in Pitts. For the first time ever I'm pulling for the Steelers ,because if we don't clinch the north at home on Sun I would hate to go into Cincy with the Bengals having a shot to win the north .. If the Steelers win Bengals know their chances for playoffs are very slim . What are your thoughts? I also think steelers have a better shot at beating Pats . Boy I can't imagine having to go into Foxboro as a wild card!

There has to something great about Sergio or the Ravens would have cut him already. He still might have balance issues or maybe its the hearing thing but they dont keep people around because they feel sorry for them.

[quote name='arizonaravensfan' timestamp='1356218250' post='1273800']
I want to know who my Raven friends are rooting for in Pitts. For the first time ever I'm pulling for the Steelers ,because if we don't clinch the north at home on Sun I would hate to go into Cincy with the Bengals having a shot to win the north .. If the Steelers win Bengals know their chances for playoffs are very slim . What are your thoughts? I also think steelers have a better shot at beating Pats . Boy I can't imagine having to go into Foxboro as a wild card!
[/quote]We went in to Foxboro in 2009 as a wild card and trounced over Brady. Our defense was worse back then, and Ray Rice is better now. We could pull it off. Not many teams could but if the 49ers can travel thousands of miles and win with Kaepernick, we can too.

We went in to Foxboro in 2009 as a wild card and trounced over Brady. Our defense was worse back then, and Ray Rice is better now. We could pull it off. Not many teams could but if the 49ers can travel thousands of miles and win with Kaepernick, we can too.

Disagree on both. Our defense wasn't worse back then, and Ray Rice wasn't better.

There's been several games this year when I felt that Pierce was the better back, including against Pittsburgh and Denver.

Three players that have been there for us all year. Koch, Tucker, and Jacoby Jones will be instrumental in beating the Giants. Go special teams !

I hope John has learned about 4th and one situations inside the 35. Take the points John. We don't have a powerful O line unless you put Ngata and McKinnie in as guards. Get the point?