43 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,368 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

Ray Lewis will miss a ninth straight game after tearing his biceps.

View the full article

#2 BMoreRelentless

BMoreRelentless

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

#52 won't be in the battlefield tomorrow; how disappointing but it is better not to risk further injury and allow for more healing. A win against the Giants will be like going up the rough side of the mountain but it can be done. We always seem to end the season in crisis mode. Last year we had to win out to stay ahead of the squeelers and win the division. This year we’re limping into the playoffs desperately needing 1 victory to win the division. Time to dig deep and remember how to Play Like A Raven!!

Edited by BMoreRelentless, 22 December 2012 - 04:14 PM.

#3 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,187 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

It's sad but I really think that we are witnessing the end of a brilliant career.

#4 DarkKnight52

DarkKnight52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

The look on Rays Face here says it all ,it hurts him not to be out there and i think he knows and is starting to understand hes full filled his great career and Will always be the Ravens Face of this organization ,i just hope we all get to witness him one last time running out of that tunnel and doing one last dance it will be emotional and hurtful ,But knowing he has his ring and broke nearly every record ,i as a Ravens Fan can sleep better knowing he would leave the Game healthy and would always have a option in Baltimore to Coach or whatever ,Reguardless it will be a sad day and i will be in Canton to witness his speech as a first ballot HOF

#5 jocker871

jocker871

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

need ray

#6 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

we only need Ray from our second game in the playoffs when we go back to Houston for revenge

Edited by horus13corvineus, 22 December 2012 - 04:39 PM.

#7 grand prix

grand prix

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

hopefully he will be completely healthy when the playoffs start.

#8 ravenwildman

ravenwildman

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

Honestly I didn't expect him to play yet. It's a bummer, but understandable. Hopefully Elerbe can play, we need him.

Talk about baptismal under fire, this guy Josh Bynes has my respect.

GO RAVENS!

#9 TorryGundy

TorryGundy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

I am glad we are being smart with his health. Him being able to play in the playoffs is more helpful then him going out too early against the Gwomen and getting hurt again. Speedy recovery General. The young lions will hold you down.

#10 ravenscavecreek

ravenscavecreek

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

Glad they activated Adrian Hamilton. Hopefully he gets on the field in pass rushing situations and we see what this guy can do.

#11 Fred Sanford

Fred Sanford

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

Since the Giants don't have Brandon Jacobs anymore, it might be better for younger guys like Bynes to match up against David Wilson and Ahmad Bradshaw, whose incredible cutting and change of direction would be a tough matchup for Ray.

The problem right now isn't one of lingering injury as much as atrophied muscle. He just needs some time to build it back up strong enough to take the punishment of O-lines and running backs crashing into him.

#12 axisofeeble

axisofeeble

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

I'm glad our team got some Line Backer help. Adrian Hamilton was passed over in the draft by all 32 teams and he never got an offer from the CFL. The Prarie View starter was the last FA cut by the Dallas Cowboys in training camp. We can hope he was over looked at Prarie View and that Dallas was overloaded at LB.Maybe #54 will turn out to be a James Harrison,a Bart Scott or even another Jarrett Johnson but what does this move say about the health of Ray Lewis and about the future of Sergio Kindle. Could be a LB fill in is an indication that the Raven brass wants two more weeks for Lewis to recover and winning the AFC North would not be worth the risk of using him too early.Still I'm concerned that it was not Sergio Kindle in whom the Ravens have invested so much that was tapped to shore up a crippled defense. Pass rush move?

#13 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,273 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

rest and continue to heal up Ray! stay in shape, stay humble and STAY HUNGRY! bring the pain when you return!

~Mili

#14 rmcjacket23

rmcjacket23

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

I just don't see the point of resting him to make his 1st game back a playoff game. He will be rusty, out of game shape, and will not perform well. Book it.

I was certain the entire purpose of holding him out last week was so that the could play at least 1 of the last 2 weeks in order to get back in the game routine and perform at a higher level in the playoffs.

I just dont see the point. Starting to wonder if he will play at all.

#15 sami

sami

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

There has to something great about Sergio or the Ravens would have cut him already. He still might have balance issues or maybe its the hearing thing but they dont keep people around because they feel sorry for them.

#16 Bernie Mc1953

Bernie Mc1953

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

Maybe Ray its for the best If it was up to me I would Wait until the PLAYOFFS.

#17 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

Just rest easy Ray. We'll need you in about two more weeks.

#18 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,980 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

This sucks

#19 plovelace12

plovelace12

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

I thought it was Suggs who injured his biceps. Lewis hurt his triceps if I remember correctly.

#20 crazyboutravens

crazyboutravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

For some reason I feel very good about the game on Sunday. Not sure why but I think Joe will snap out of his funk and the D will hold the Gmen to 20 or less. Go Ravens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users