Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ravens Promote Adrian Hamilton, Send Jameel McClain To IR

73 posts in this topic

The Ravens add more pass-rush help with practice squad linebacker Adrian Hamilton.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Promote-Adrian-Hamilton-Send-Jameel-McClain-To-IR/3c709519-b7aa-45b9-b0ce-1c749f52b5fb]View the full article[/url]

just hope he's going to be on the active roster... what a sight would be seeing him chasing manning jr... then planting him to taste our turf

welcome to the team adrian . we need all the pass rush we can get . soon we are going to be dragging ppl off the street to play ilb.i don't follow college football but my son is so happy with this move he won't shut up so must be a good one . GO RAVENS!!

[quote name='llwillow1231' timestamp='1356205799' post='1273658']
welcome to the team adrian . we need all the pass rush we can get . soon we are going to be dragging ppl off the street to play ilb.i don't follow college football but my son is so happy with this move he won't shut up so must be a good one . GO RAVENS!!
[/quote]he was a very good player in college .i can't wait to see him on the field we need some pass rush bad and i think this guy can help.

I wish him well but understand that he's a practice squad player getting thrown into the fire of the NFL playoffs. Like being sent to the Russian front in WW 2. Play smart when you're in there Adrian.

Im excited about this move.I think with McCellan probably going to slide in a little more and Dannell & Bynes & now with Hamilton on the outside. We are already better

I like McClellen in the middle with Ellerbe. And on passing situations have Hamilton Jones Kruger and Upshaw as a package. That would be a heck of a speed rush unit.

I have been waiting to see Hamilton all season. I knew it was only a matter of time with all the injuries and the ineffectiveness of our pass rush for most of the season. Promoting Hamilton takes some of the sting out of wasting a pick on Kindle.

we FINALLY get the opportunity to see and hear the young lions roar on the field! go for it fellas! make everyone know your name! get to eli and frustrate him the ENTIRE game...from start to FINISH!1 key word is FINISH! oh! and let's go offense!

~Mili

If you wonder if this kid has talent, then watch Adrian Hamilton Highlights 2011 on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XU34I3duRw

I am wondering if he is insurance or whether he will see time. I am anxious to see him play based on his stats and his history. Definitely a good story if he makes it, definitely good for us if he turns out to be a diamond in the rough. If he is another Ellerbe I'm good with that.

Good move. Hope he gets some playing time to see what he can do. Hard to believe he was undrafted, but so are alot of starting NFL players. I have a good feeling about him. Guess we'll see....I wish him and the team all the best.

dont understand why everyone is so high up on this guy.....he had one big hit in the preseason and has been on the PS all year for a reason......baffled by some fans

We will see what he has but don't expect him to do much because if he was that good then the cowboys would have kept him he will see special teams and that's it.

I'd like to see what the kid can do against tougher competition. We're more or less set on outside pass rush with Kruger and Upshaw, I'm wondering if this move is to free up McClellan and possibly Upshaw to play inside.

As to him being cut, sure maybe it's a sign he can't handle it at this level. Not necessarily though, sometimes teams like a guy but simply don't have a spot for him. We cut James Harrison from our practice squad and the guy's a monsta.

"[i]He had a highlight-reel sack on St. Louis Rams backup quarterback Kellen Clemons[/i]."

Clemens. The title of the video got it wrong.

The sack is really a beauty though.

bio

[quote name='I_PITTA_tha_fool' timestamp='1356210917' post='1273714']
dont understand why everyone is so high up on this guy.....he had one big hit in the preseason and has been on the PS all year for a reason......baffled by some fans
[/quote]
Did you watch the game last week? The defense out played the offense for 2 quarters with second and third string players.The Ravens are rebuilding and have to see what our future will look like.Cory Graham and James inhedigbo would never have gotten a chance to play if our starters didn't go down.Adrian Hamilton and Omar brown will be the 2 players to prove they are Ravens.Ed Reed and Bouldin maybe cut to pay Joe Flacco as a tag or long term contract.Hamilton has all the tools to make it as a starter for the Ravens.Next man up?

This just seems like to me the classic "like a raven" player. Productive, durable, underrated.....might just be our perfect kind of guy. We need some added bodies to the pass rush badly. Poor Kindle....had all the chance in the world.

Suggs,Kruger&Hamilton could turn out to be beasts on the pass rush schemes and if Pernell McPhee could flash some of last years ferocity our DBs might look like all pros. Ngata&Jones with K-man could turn us back into a top 10 defense to be reckoned with when Ray Lewis returns to take Josh Bynes fill-in roll back. What's wrong with Sergio Kindle? Will he ever be back?

Our pass rush wasnt so bad last week. But you cant be on the field all day against Peyton and expect to completely shut him down. Our offense has to produce some points and some time on the clock.
This Hamilton kid might do good or he might not be a factor but we have to find out sooner or later. I guess its gonna be sooner.

So I'm supposed to think that a practice squad guy who can't make the active roster for the last 15 weeks (even with little to no pass rushers on the roster to begin with) is supposed to be some pass rushing savior?

Sorry, not buying it. He will barely play (if he plays at all) and you probably won't here his name called at all.

Here's a thought... bring up the best tackler from the practice squad. Don't care about the pass rush. I care about teams not gaining 7 yards a carry by running up the middle on us. You don't even need a good RB to do that. Just hand the ball off and gain 7 yards, regardless of who the back is.

Just bring up a MLB who can fundamentally tackle. I don't care about speed, potential, etc. Just want somebody who can tackle.