24 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,281 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

Josh Bynes lay in a hospital bed five months ago, but overcome to get his first start Sunday.

View the full article

#2 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,524 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

"I haven't thought about it as playing Ray Lewis' position," Bynes said. "I've been playing Mike linebacker all my life. I know how it feels because everyone in the Ravens organization, the Ravens fan base, in Baltimore, people know that middle linebacker has always been Ray Lewis' position for the last 17 years. And that's true. But at the same time, when I went out there on Sunday, when I was the starter, it was my position and I handled it as me not trying to be Ray Lewis, or this other person that people want me to be. No, I'm going to be Josh Bynes. That's all I can be and that's all the coaches and players and all everybody asks of me."

^ i like the attitude. now it is time to step it up on the field! be the best "BYNES" that you can be! hold it down son....hold it down!

~Mili

Edited by Militant X 1, 22 December 2012 - 02:30 PM.

#3 black blood purple passion

black blood purple passion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

I like this kid.

#4 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,986 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

I love stories where someone overcomes impossible odds and succeeds. Just starting last week was a great ending to the injury story. Making several tackles and helping to sure up a weak, injury-riddled defensive corps is another major accomplishment. Now, let's see if he can hold on to his starting position now that Ray isn't coming back for the rest of the regular season. Having Ellerbe back is will help take some of the pressure off of him. I hope we see big things out of Josh Bynes.

#5 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

I loved the one on one with this kid . he is not
intimidated at all by the shoes he has to fill . Good luck josh lets do this .

Edited by llwillow1231, 22 December 2012 - 02:43 PM.

#6 Mr. Nobody

Mr. Nobody

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,554 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

what a great story, keep the fire going Mr Bynes, to many more games as a starter

#7 TorryGundy

TorryGundy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

Great Young Lion there. I can see him and Ellerbe starting next year. That is of course unless the General comes back.

#8 fusuymada

fusuymada

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:46 PM

Lewis is out again and with McLean gone for the season it looks like Josh is up again. With Suggs and Ellerbe back his job won't be as hard this week but no cakewalk. We can beat the Giants and we are seeing who the next killer Ravens defense will feature. Could be Bynes or Hamilton or Kruger or Upshaw or all of them but it is time for our young guys to step up and show us who is the next leader of the Ravens franchise and who's face is going to represent it.

#9 ravenwildman

ravenwildman

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

I have to say, without a doubt I tip my hat in respect to the linebacker corps, talk about step up, are they perfect? No, but man....they are playing their hearts out, you guys make me proud just being a fan.

GO RAVENS!

#10 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

Wow, didn't realize Josh had to go through all this. Just glad he could ultimately play this season. I believe he has huge potential here as a Raven, and I've really liked him since he was signed to the practice squad last year.

#11 Fred Sanford

Fred Sanford

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

McLean gone for the season

Once I drove my chevy to the levee, and the good ol' boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye, I knew it didn't look good.

------

Bynes looked so good in preseason last year, but you weren't sure we could fit a bubble guy like that or, if so, have him see anything past special teams. He's been a revelation, whatever our problems have been on defense lately, weren't on him. We'd be in serious trouble at inside linebacker, and expected to be with a former UDFA who hadn't seen much playing time, but the guy's been rock solid and I'm real glad to have him. He seems like a smart young guy in interviews, with a bright future. I didn't know his injury was so bad previously, have to root for a guy coming back from something like that.
Posted Image

#12 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,320 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Dark Knight Rises, anyone? Astounding he was able to return to the field so quickly from a potentially crippling spinal injury. Now he will fight to outperform McClain and Ellerbe to win the unofficial position of Ray Lewis' successor.

#13 axisofeeble

axisofeeble

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

Kudos to Josh. Comeback kid. Another Ray Lewis in the making? We'll see. Adversity breeds strength or it destroys you. Bynes is still standing and the Ravens are poised to win the division in spite of all the injuries. Hats off to Dean Pees. GO RAVENS shut the critics up!

#14 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

He is a smart player and I like his enthusiasm. Good to hear his story, it shows that he is resilient, like a Raven.

#15 Bernie Mc1953

Bernie Mc1953

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

Help us out J.B. maybe somebody will follow

#16 KidNme

KidNme

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

Amazing what these boys come back from.
Congrats Josh!
Here's your chance. Lean on Ray as much as you need to. I hear he's one heck of a teacher!

#17 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,584 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

I like Josh and think he's got great talent. It'll be interesting to see how he and Ellerbe pair up this week. I wanna see how he continues to control the middle of the field. I like his physicality and motor. Right now these young guys need someone to step up nd help lead. Bynes seems like he might be that guy. He'll get at least 2 more games to show and prove
Posted Image

#18 ravenstime

ravenstime

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

You can never have too much depth at LB or Defensive Back, as this year has proven. Glad to see the beginnings of what looks like a 'Success Story', congrats, J.B.

#19 CQ1

CQ1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

Keep up the hard work , Josh. I am rooting you on. I have been since your drafted year !

#20 HoldingCall

HoldingCall

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

When Josh was released by the Ravens after having a good preseason showing in 2011 many here, myself included, were surprised by the cut and disappointed. I was glad when the Ravens eventually signed him to the practice squad. Good move!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users