34 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,019 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

Want to know how NFL insiders think? Eisenberg explains player vs. fan mentalities.

View the full article

#2 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

Doesn't really matter inside or outside. we need to win . someone needs to fix the oline keep joe upright and let's win this thing.

#3 redravenfan

redravenfan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

i want to see joe roll out and no need to say he can't run,no one would expect him to break one off .honestly i felt like booing and i know joe has to feel bad the media, fans etc have been ripping him apart but the best way to shut them up is to prove them wrong. Go Ravens.

#4 KidNme

KidNme

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

Good artical John.
I just posted similar sentiments on another thread. It's all still pretty exciting, every week. Ya, I like to have the win at the end but every game we get to watch, past the regular season is icing on the cake and we've had plenty of icing over the years.
We already know we have 1 extra game that others won't. Anything else is another bonus.
Can our 3rd, 4th or even 5th stringers come on strong?
Can our wounded vets make a difference?
Will we finally have T-Sizzle AND Ray on the field in the same game?
Like in NASCAR racing, it's much more interesting if you focus isn't solely based on the Winner but in the back story that gets you there.
We have a great group of guys and most of them play their hearts out. It's those guys that I enjoy watching, regardless of the end result because I know they are going to give it their all.
Here's hoping for a "Ray" of sunshine that helps us "Sizzle" Sunday at home!
GO RAVENS!!!!

#5 EricH

EricH

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

Then why are all the 'experts' on the inside picking the Giants to win?

#6 Bernie Mc1953

Bernie Mc1953

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

Inside Outside I would like a winning side

#7 Guest_wasabiebird_*

Guest_wasabiebird_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

Inside Outside I would like a winning side

i second that only side that counts

#8 SmashMouth7

SmashMouth7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

Outside, QB has 5 turnovers in 3 games, inside perpare the QB to not do that again. Giants may be last in pass rush this year but they won't look like it playing against us. Protect the ball inside out.

#9 btfan2

btfan2

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

What a load of nonsense. Hey John, I'm going to get in my car that leaks oil like a sive and drive across country. I'm not gonna worry about those past problems with my wheels, I'm just gonna make sure I have a good map, gps and have arranged my sleeping places along the way.

Except I most likely won't get there because I was to stupid to look at the past problems and fix them or compensate for them or realize they may just abruptly stop me from getting to my destenation.

Inside, outside nonsense, if you want to be successful at anything you have to do both. Understand the past and also focus on the present with reality. Magical thinking creates or continues a host of problems and keeps you stuck in mediocrity.

Inside, outside --- please...

#10 JacktheRaven

JacktheRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

Good article John. I don't like making predictions or hearing them.

#11 Mahatma_Sloth

Mahatma_Sloth

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

the mob knows all... by sheer force of will. prepare for their wrath Mr. Eisenberg

#12 RavenoutWest

RavenoutWest

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

I don't think it's a good idea to forget the last game, or the game before, or the game before...it's how you learn..or supposed to, and it's human nature to go back in your mind, even if you don't admit it. Learn, focus on the Giants then kick their [butts].

Edited by Grapple Raven, 23 December 2012 - 12:16 AM.
Profanity

#13 darklight1216

darklight1216

Sith Lord

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,602 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

I think the key difference is paychecks.

#14 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,479 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

What I find particularly offensive about this article is how the author so shamelessly generalizes. Mr. Eisenberg, I've got news for you: we fans are different. And I, for one, do take offense in baing considered the same as those who have clearly no idea at all how an NFL franchise is run and managed. You don't need too much insider info and experience to have a kind of insight, since an NFL franchise is largely like any other company: the economical and financial principles are the same. Some fans clearly haven't a clue, but others have absolutely clear and correct insights and ideas.

You know, Mr. Eisenberg, I've read some bad, bad pieces of journalism in my life. That won't make me think your articles are bad though, just because you're a journalist too - because that would be unfair generalization, which is, in most cases, bad and misleading.

bio

Edited by bioLarzen, 22 December 2012 - 12:43 PM.

#15 Dudeman

Dudeman

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

Well better luck on the next article Mr. Eisenberg. You lost on this one.

Now if you follow the philosophy you said all players take then you shouldn't ever read this article again ;)

Edited by Dudeman, 22 December 2012 - 01:07 PM.

#16 thunderroach

thunderroach

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

And thats the problem! You dont dwell on the past but you must learn from it."Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"(George Santayana)!An old saying that seems to have relevance now and appears to the problem with the coach,gm,and qb of the Ravens.Remember 52 joe? No,not Ray but the number of fumbles you have had in less than 5 years at qb! House cleaning time!

#17 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

So, by your reckoning Joe hasn't played a bad game that he can remember this season?

So, the coaches say "Gee, wasn't there something we wanted to work on from our last offensive exercise in inconsistency?" But I get what you're saying, nobody knows for sure which "Joe E-Lite" or "I believe in Eli" will show up!

I just hope there's plenty of TV Timeouts,... our defense is forced to rely upon them for a breather!

#18 charliebucket

charliebucket

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

Clearly forgetting the previous game isn't such a good idea seeing as Flacco has lost a fumble and has been picked off in each of our last 3 losses. Sounds like they need to remember not to make those same mistakes again.

#19 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

I really think that we will win one of the last two games. I hope it is tomorrow so we can start the what-ifs from last year all over again.

#20 jimgiampaoli

jimgiampaoli

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

Fans can't rant and [profanity deleted] about the upcoming game. I don't think Lombardi, Landry, nor Shula just got over "last week's game" that easy. Especially Lombardi who passed away with stomach cancer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users