Photo

The Guitar Player (other musicians welcome) thread...

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,777 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:42 AM

This is for all the dedicated guitar players out here on the boards.....
I myself have been playing for ten years, and my favorite players are Richie Sambora, Jimmy Page, EVH, Joe Perry, and BB king in that order...... This is where we can discuss musicany type crap.....

First off, I am saving up for a les Paul traditional. Then I want to mod it up with some burstbucker pros... I am hoping my parents will get we a Gibson les Paul for Xmas..... If they do I will buy myself an Evil Robot Amplifier..... The C30.... Or I will just buy a strat.....

Anyway (what I want this board to be about), what have you been playing lately? I was just jamming to. Backing BB king blues track on a crappy Line Six Spider in Bminor blues scale combo with both major and minor pentatonic while throwing in a flat 5 here and there. The song was "The Thrill is Gone"

#2 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,449 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:23 AM

I play the electric flute. Does that count? Let's start a band.

Can also rock out on the ukulele.

Edited by Ravens<3, 22 December 2012 - 06:23 AM.

2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#3 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

I am a sound man.
specializing in monitor mixing.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#4 codizzle

codizzle

Director of Admissions- BSHU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,926 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

Posted Image
Just WIN Out!!!

6f3898d1-1b88-4209-a3a5-ed7fe2348d4b.jpg

+35

#5 codizzle

codizzle

Director of Admissions- BSHU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,926 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:08 AM

That's will Ferrell playing Ron burgundy who is impersonating me playing the jazz flute

"Little ham and eggs coming at you. hold on, people.. Hope you got your griddles"
Just WIN Out!!!

6f3898d1-1b88-4209-a3a5-ed7fe2348d4b.jpg

+35

#6 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,777 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

All instruments count!

#7 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

I've played the piano since I was five years old. I took guitar lessons growing up, but I didn't find interest enough in them to continue for very long. My husband, on the other hand, got a guitar for Christmas when he was seven, and he taught himself how to play. No lessons, and he's an amazing guitarist! :) Our oldest son (4), has taken an interest in wanting to learn both the piano and guitar, but he wants to learn to play the drums first. He bangs on any and every thing, and so we are looking into getting him drum lessons starting next Spring. I have a good feeling that he is going to be getting a drum set from Santa this Christmas. ;) And I have a strong feeling Santa needs to bring me a truck load of Tylenol!

Edited by Ragin'Raven, 22 December 2012 - 01:23 PM.

I'm a mama of three boys. Nothing scares or disgusts me anymore. 

#8 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,777 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

I've played the piano since I was five years old. I took guitar lessons growing up, but I didn't find interest enough in them to continue for very long. My husband, on the other hand, got a guitar for Christmas when he was seven, and he taught himself how to play. No lessons, and he's an amazing guitarist! :) Our oldest son (4), has taken an interest in wanting to learn both the piano and guitar, but he wants to learn to play the drums first. He bangs on any and every thing, and so we are looking into getting him drum lessons starting next Spring. I have a good feeling that he is going to be getting a drum set from Santa this Christmas. ;) And I have a strong feeling Santa needs to bring me a truck load of Tylenol!

Stopped taking lessons this year. Only did the lessons to learn the scales. Drums are hard to play, I can also play a little bit of drums. Piano was hard for me, I might start those lessons as well....

#9 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

Stopped taking lessons this year. Only did the lessons to learn the scales. Drums are hard to play, I can also play a little bit of drums. Piano was hard for me, I might start those lessons as well....

I stopped playing the piano when my father died. He was the one who made me want to play the piano in the first place. I actually stopped playing for about a year. One day, I found a picture of the two of us sitting at the piano when I was a baby, and he had me on his lap. The look on his face made me feel happy, and so I began playing it again. I know that sounds very Hallmark Channel. :) We bought a baby grand a few years back, and I play it every day. It's a very calming instrument. I would definitely suggest giving it a try again.

I'm a mama of three boys. Nothing scares or disgusts me anymore. 

#10 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,443 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

I play acoustic and electric guitar. I've played a little bit of bass, not much. I'm can play drums, but I'm nothing special.
I can play violin.

#11 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,777 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:07 AM

Here is something cool for all of you players. A great souding Amp!

#12 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,777 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:08 AM

Quick Question
Sambora or John Frusciante? I am trying to settle a debate of two of my friends. I was never impressed by John, but Richie occasionally blows my mind.

#13 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,777 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

I play acoustic and electric guitar. I've played a little bit of bass, not much. I'm can play drums, but I'm nothing special.
I can play violin.

What kind of guitar? (Gibson or Fender, Epiphone, PRS, Ibanez)

Edited by Mr. Irrelevant, 23 December 2012 - 12:11 AM.

#14 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,443 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

What kind of guitar? (Gibson or Fender, Epiphone, PRS, Ibanez)

I've played on Fenders, Gibsons, B.C. Rich, and Epiphones. Own two Epiphones. Gibsons are my preference, but I've never had the funds for them.

My favorite of the two is my worn cherry red Epiphone SG G-400.

Edited by The Raven, 23 December 2012 - 12:17 AM.

#15 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,777 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

I've played on Fenders, Gibsons, B.C. Rich, and Epiphones. Own two Epiphones. Gibsons are my preference, but I've never had the funds for them.

My favorite of the two is my worn cherry red Epiphone SG G-400.

Hoping for one of the cheaper Les Pauls for Xmas.... By cheaper I mean the Classic Plus.... I want that Evil Robot Amp so bad.... I have $1500, just want to afford to go to a good school if you know what I mean?

#16 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,443 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

Hoping for one of the cheaper Les Pauls for Xmas.... By cheaper I mean the Classic Plus.... I want that Evil Robot Amp so bad.... I have $1500, just want to afford to go to a good school if you know what I mean?

Yep. You're a Gibson guy too?

I don't mind Fenders too much, but they just don't give me a heavy enough tone. I use a Marshall amp too. You?

#17 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,267 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:30 AM

I've still got my Gibson Hummingbird from nearly thirteen years ago. I play it with an accompanying harmonica. I play most anything I can get my hands on. Have about twenty of my own songs. I prefer to play for family and friends more than anything.

After our discussion last night, I actually sat down this morning and was playing "Wail & Ride" by Grayson Capps.

~ Cosmic

AND THEY SHALL KNOW NO GOOD OR PEACE, NOR SHALL THEIR SUFFERING EVER CEASE
logout.png
UNTIL THEY HUMBLY COME & BEG FOR MERCY ON THEIR KNEES, WHICH I MAY GRANT IF I SHOULD PLEASE

#18 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,777 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

Yep. You're a Gibson guy too?

I don't mind Fenders too much, but they just don't give me a heavy enough tone. I use a Marshall amp too. You?

Saving up for a Marshall too. I want a strat, but I'd have to modify the hell out of it to get the tone I want..... I am more of a "white guy distorted blues" kinda guy.... Like Gary Moore, a huge influece on my part. Check out these.

#19 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,777 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

I've still got my Gibson Hummingbird from nearly thirteen years ago. I play it with an accompanying harmonica. I play most anything I can get my hands on. Have about twenty of my own songs. I prefer to play for family and friends more than anything.

After our discussion last night, I actually sat down this morning and was playing "Wail & Ride" by Grayson Capps.

~ Cosmic

Hummingbirds are really nice accoustics. I would like them more if Gibson wasn't so inconsistent with how they make accoustics. Some of the Hummingbirds are nice, some are not...... You can get a top end martin for $1000 less, but if it is the right hummingbird it will blow them all out of the water.

#20 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,443 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:37 AM

Saving up for a Marshall too. I want a strat, but I'd have to modify the hell out of it to get the tone I want..... I am more of a "white guy distorted blues" kinda guy.... Like Gary Moore, a huge influece on my part. Check out these.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGDheLVngPk

White guy, distorted blues? Check out Joe Bonamassa!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users