22 replies to this topic

#1 Slim

Slim

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

Yes We are under pressure and we are not looking good on the field, it scares me, but I'm still convinced it's the best thing that could've happened to us before the postseason. If we get our first playoff game at home and win it, I think we have a shot, the momentum will be back on our side along with the confidence and we could go for something great !

For the moment, I've seen a couple of things I really hated against Denver, we gave their defense many opportunities to make plays, but I try to stay as positive as I can, and really think the coaching staff can make the right adjustements for us to be a better football team.

The x-factor this week was clearly our offense, but more particularly, our offensive line, they had a hard time against their front 4 and let players go untouch on blitzes.

I'LL START WITH THE NON BLITZ PLAYS, JUST FRONT 4 RUSH.

First play

On this first play, no blitzes "just" a front 4 rush, and Dumervil is just going to get past KO so easily and take the outside
Posted Image

Bobbie Williams dealing with Robert Ayers but collapsing quickly and Dumervil coming from the outside, Oher, Reid, Birk dealing with 2 defenders (the 2 weaker out of the 4)
Posted Image

Williams getting bullrushed, and Dumervil coming, incomplete pass coming.
Posted Image

Edited by Slim, 21 December 2012 - 09:06 PM.

Keep your mind as clear as a polished mirror.

#2 Slim

Slim

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

Second play

Another front 4 rush (Von Miller on the left is going to take the flat zone in coverage) The pressure is going to come again from Dumervil this time he's going to beat Oher taking the inside between him and Reid.
Posted Image

I don't think the play action was well executed but I wouldn't do better :-)
Posted Image

Now Dumervil has a good shot at hitting Joe real bad, which is going to force him to get rid of the ball, to Boldin (yellow), bad decision.
Posted Image

Raheem Moore undercuts it, almost picked off and maybe more. It all came because of the pressure but Flacco must take the sack on this one.
Posted Image

Edited by Slim, 21 December 2012 - 09:08 PM.

#3 Slim

Slim

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

Third play

Another front 4 rush, pressure is coming from Von Miller this time, he's going to make his first step outside then re-attack inside(forgot the name of this technique), but Osemele, on his heels, can't block a bit of it.
Posted Image

I don't get why Birk and Reid are dble teaming 99 instead of dble teaming 92 or 58...
Posted Image

Joe has to get rid of this ball, again. Mays is all over Torrey, maybe too much.
Posted Image

#4 Slim

Slim

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

Now let's move on to the blitzes by the Broncos that clearly, we couldn't pick up. So was it great disguised blitz or bad adjustments ? You tell me my friends.

First Blitz play

On this play we have a front 3 lined up even though dumervil (left) is on a two points stance, and two ILBs who are going to cross and blitz in A gap and B gap. The nose tackle is going to attack in Reid's gap(left) and Birk is going to follow him which is going to create a mismatch between Williams KO and the three other defenders.
Posted Image

So they picked up the blitz, but the D-End went untouch... Trouble.
Posted Image

Flacco has to get rid of it after a second and a half I think.
Posted Image

Only player open was 27.
Posted Image

#5 Slim

Slim

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

Second Blitz play

6 defenders are at the lined up in front of our offensive line, and, safety Mike Adams (red) lined up as an outside LB, the pressure is going to come from him, and he's going to go untouch because Jah Reid is going to help on this inside pressure created by the blitz. We ran this type of play on defense. I've seen this before...
Posted Image

As you can see the outside blitz which was going to be picked up by B Williams decides to re attack inside but Jah Reid anticipated it, I guess no one anticipated Mike Adams blitz.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Slim

Slim

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

3rd Blitz play

This one is more classic I would say, the nose tackle is going to rush the A gap on the right of Birk, Mays (yellow) is going to attack the A gap between Reid and Birk, the defensive End on the left is going to take the outside which is going to create a big hole in B Gap.
Posted Image

It wasn't Reid's job to pick Mays blitz up. He left a hole for another untouch defensive player rushing Joe.
Posted Image

And K.O also got beat outside on this play, but the main pressure came from inside.
Posted Image

#7 Slim

Slim

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

Last Play, the pick.

Everyone noticed it, they wanted to catch their defense sleeping, like they were going to think we would spike it to stop the clock. Okay let's try it but by throwing some kind of bubble screens on both sides...

It looked like we were going to spike it from here, but instead we're going to have our outside receivers blocking their corners down the endzone and our inside receivers running Quick Outs.
Posted Image

Again pressure coming from inside and no one picks up Mays. Ray isn't even moving.
Posted Image

Posted Image

I didn't understand that play but it was just a bad day for us, nothing was rolling, it was frustrating but again, I'd rather see us lose like this right now than in January, I know this may sound too optimistic but that's the way I am. Maybe I'm too confident in the coaches and players but I know they'll get things fixed at the right time, I know it.

I really hope the pages aren't too slow to open with all the pictures, i'm really sorry about it, I needed more this week to explain. Hopefully there won't be as much miscues this weekend against New York, I remember last time Eli played in our house Ed Reed had a pick and he lateraled it to Deion Sanders if my memories are correct !

I HOPE YOU ALL HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!!

Slim

#8 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

bro, great analysis

1Untitled_zps8afd95ac.pngbench_zps0a7ce32d.jpg

#9 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,804 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

I want you to be OC! Plz!

#10 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,764 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

Great job man. Even though Joe has to be better, those shots showed it's more of a team effort which is actually more troubling. If it was just Joe missing open guys, it would be as simple as give Tyrod a shot, but the offense is struggling as a whole.

The one thing that does have me optimistic going forward and your shots helped illustrate it, is that the Ravens ran a lot of routes across the middle and running away from defenders.

On a few of those shots you can see that guys are gonna come open and Joe just needs a bit more time, but didn't have it. I not sure what the down and distance was on the 2nd blitz, but if Joe checks to a inside handoff Rice would have gashed the defense.

Not sure what point of the game that was, but a run there might pop and lead to a score.
Posted Image

#11 Grendelwulf21

Grendelwulf21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

I like this guy

#12 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,150 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

Nice breakdown. It looks to me like a mix between not knowing assignments and good play design by the defense. I wonder why Rice doesnt chip on that one play where the DE comes free. He was wide open and maybe Joe needs to know his hot reads better. Hopefully he and Caldwell can figure some of these issues out.

@gabefergy

#13 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,764 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

The play you selected as the first blitz shows just how close the game of football is, game of inches right. You say Rice was the only guy open, and initially yes. However, if that DE doesn't have a free shot at Joe, that play develops and Torrey comes wide open over the middle.

He has about a step and a half on his defender, plus he's running across the field so he would've j.ust continued to gain separation. So if Torrey catches the ball, he has one man to beat. If Torrrey makes that guy miss, nobody is catching him from behind, that would have been like a 91 yard TD.

If that doesn't get your offense rolling nothing will.
Posted Image

#14 ravens__

ravens__

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,971 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

Great stuff again, Slim. I actually enjoy these segments a lot.

2010 BR.com "You Pick 'em" Champion

10fqgjp.jpg

#15 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,233 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

The play you selected as the first blitz shows just how close the game of football is, game of inches right. You say Rice was the only guy open, and initially yes. However, if that DE doesn't have a free shot at Joe, that play develops and Torrey comes wide open over the middle.

He has about a step and a half on his defender, plus he's running across the field so he would've j.ust continued to gain separation. So if Torrey catches the ball, he has one man to beat. If Torrrey makes that guy miss, nobody is catching him from behind, that would have been like a 91 yard TD.

If that doesn't get your offense rolling nothing will.

I noticed that as well. Only question then, does Joe hit him in stride? :D
Posted Image

#16 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,764 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

I noticed that as well. Only question then, does Joe hit him in stride? :D

Normally i'd say yes without a doubt. Give Joe a clean pocket and he'll hit the open guy. However recently my man Joe's accuracy has been shaky. So we'll say at the very least it's a big first down that gets the offense going a bit haha.

I honestly think a couple of first downs early would have changed that game.
Posted Image

#17 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,234 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:02 AM

Great post again, man.....Our O-Line are atrocious, getting beat from left to right. I'm just getting worried for any team we are playing against now.

I guess the only way to fix it is Joe needs to identify the hot spot and blitz to help out his O-line; at the same, he needs to play smart football. It's ok for couple 3 and out, rather than turning the ball over.
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#18 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,167 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:04 AM

Nice breakdown. It looks to me like a mix between not knowing assignments and good play design by the defense. I wonder why Rice doesnt chip on that one play where the DE comes free. He was wide open and maybe Joe needs to know his hot reads better. Hopefully he and Caldwell can figure some of these issues out.

theres no way joe could hit him threw the rushing defender. He'd just tip the pass. You have to throw away from a rush like that.

#19 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,466 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:35 AM

Our O-line stinks. Joe needs to move around better, but I can't really blame him with the otrocious O-line he has.

Its going to be a nightmare dealing with the giants d-line.

Also great analysis once again slim. I have a suggestion though, maybe you could split the breakdown 50/50 between offense and defense. Great job though. Keep em coming!
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#20 BALTIMOREFLACCO

BALTIMOREFLACCO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,460 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

Excellent job as always

23mn1x.jpg

Thank god I was born a Texas Longhorn

Whiskey Sour GM