100 replies to this topic

#1 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

So i was listening to 105.7 and they thought that if we go one and done a house cleaning would more then likely happen. I am not sure if that would be called for as we have been losing key player after key player this season and if that had not occurred we would be fine right now. What are your thoughts ?
This spot reserved for Super Bowl celebratory images !!

#2 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

we're not going one and done, but there will be quite a few changes coming in the offseason
at player level we need to get younger, faster and more powerful
at coaching level, there could be some upgrades we could go for too

#3 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,206 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

So i was listening to 105.7 and they thought that if we go one and done a house cleaning would more then likely happen. I am not sure if that would be called for as we have been losing key player after key player this season and if that had not occurred we would be fine right now. What are your thoughts ?

As frustrating as this is, how much house cleaning are we talking? Like Cleveland is cleaning house, generally speaking we just need some cuts and some coaching upgrades, but housecleaning isn't the term I'd use.

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

#4 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

I think it meant older players (legends) and other vets (Boldin, Leach) will be gone to start a rebuild. I hope it is not a up the ladder deal and leads to staff and coach's.

#5 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,778 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

Who are we Kansas City? It's not like we have only 2 wins, we are in the playoffs and it doesn't make sense to do a house cleaning when your going to be drafting somewhere in the 20's. Now if we were in the position of the Chiefs where we only had 2 wins and picking in the first two picks, ok fine but you don't clean house on a playoff team.

#6 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,163 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

I think it meant older players (legends) and other vets (Boldin, Leach) will be gone to start a rebuild. I hope it is not a up the ladder deal and leads to staff and coach's.

In this regard, yes. IF we are one and done, I want vets to retire or leave. It's time to rebuild, in my opinion.

#7 PurpleCityLights

PurpleCityLights

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

Vonta isn't going anywhere, They just paid Rice all that money so why would they take away a FB that helps his game? That's like taking T. Smith away from Flacco .

#8 TreTheRaven

TreTheRaven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

Boldin I sort-of am starting to understand, although I wish not. But Leach?!?

Edited by TreTheRaven, 21 December 2012 - 06:07 PM.

#9 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,952 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

Oh, and, next year, the Ravens will have a healthy Haloti Ngata

I was feeling you up until this point... That man isn't getting healthy anytime soon.

z66oxxi.jpg

#10 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

I am surprised at Leach but the majority think even he is gone and i believe it as the ones that believe he is gone have been more right then wrong. I love Leach leading the run but i guess a purge is a purge right.

#11 baltravens

baltravens

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

House Cleaning? Not exactly, because we need to draft better and get more than just a mediocre OC who lets Joe develop and reach a level that maximizes his talent. Yep. We need an OC who understands our personnel on offensive better and tailors plays that take advantage of their strong suites both in a running and passing attack. The OC will need to script an offesive gameplan better, and I argue that starts with handing off to Ray Rice more.

#12 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,989 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

Who are we Kansas City? It's not like we have only 2 wins, we are in the playoffs and it doesn't make sense to do a house cleaning when your going to be drafting somewhere in the 20's. Now if we were in the position of the Chiefs where we only had 2 wins and picking in the first two picks, ok fine but you don't clean house on a playoff team.

I think it's important to remember that most of these radio guys are just like us on the Flock. They are people with an opinion on what might happen.

If you blow the Ravens up, what exactly are you blowing up? Generally when you blow something up, it's either because of age or a steady decline in play. The Ravens have made the playoffs 5 straight years, they'll probably win their 2nd consecutive AFC North crown and if they go 1 and Done it'd be the first time under this regime.

Why are you blowing that up? Like him or not Flacco is here for a long time, Rice, Torrey, Pitta,,Doss, Dickson, Peirce, KO, Yanda, LQW, Streeter, DT, Ried, these guys aren't going anywhere. Maybe, guys like Oher, Jones, Birk might be Salary Cap casualties, but is that really blowing up? The Ravens need a few tweaks and the draft or FA can accomplish that. Can you afford a Braden Alberts? If so, you upgrade the oline a lot.

He won't be available, but a guy like Chance Warmack upgrades the guard position in round one.

On defense, studs are hurt, so you focus on getting them healthy. Webb, Suggs, Ngata, Ellerbe, Smith, Pollard, Upshaw, McPhee and Jones are going anywhere. So you have to figure out who is more important to you team between Kruger and Cary. I think it's Kruger and you hope both Jimmy and Webb return 100%, with Graham at Nickle.

Another anchor to help rotate with Cody at NT and another true 5 technique, the run defense will get back to normal. Josh Bynes looks good at ILB and before his injury McClain didn't. I like the undrafted LBs on this team, but if Ray leaves, you'll either need to trade up for Te'o or pick up a vet at LB.

I agree with you, i just don't see where or why the Ravens would blow things up. Yea, so big name Vets might not be back, but that's probably gonna happen regardless of the outcome of the season.

mj5v69.jpg

#13 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,307 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

The Ravens dont "rebuild"
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#14 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

Offense:
QB: The reality is this: like him, love him or hate him -- he'll back for a 2013, either franchised or a new contract. The Ravens aren't letting him hit the open market without a better option available to them.

RB: Rice, can't say that I'm overly impressed. Especially considering he was just paid a ton of money and he's about to have his worst year as a RB (save for his rookie season). If he's not careful, Pierce could take the starting job away from him. I know it sounds impossible, but Pierce has a 1/3 of the carriers and 1/3 of the yards as Rice. (Rice 4.48 yds per carry / Pierce 4.44 yds per carry --- yes, I had to out two decimal places.)

FB: Leach's job is a complete mystery, depending on what kind of team the Ravens want to be in the near future. If the Ravens want to remain a smashmouth, run-first type team; then I think he'll be brought back.

WR: We had a consistent #1 in Boldin. We've now got a consistent #2 in Smith. Everything else is a carousel. Will Boldin be brought back? I believe so.

TE: We're solid. Pitta & Dickson are going nowhere at this point.

OL: Honestly, I don't see a reason to keep any of the starters, save for Yanda. Sorry Oher, and it's not his fault, but if he could just STAY on the right-side he'd be fine. It's just bound to happen, he'll always wind up watching Joe's blindside and we've all seen how well he is at doing that.

Defense:
MLB: As much as I love Ray, the words he spoke in the Byrne interview pretty me sold me on the fact that he's not coming back next season. Is McClain our guy? Hard telling. Bynes, the fact I had to look up his name should speak for itself. Honestly, not sure what we're going to do here.

OLB: Sizzle, if he stopped worrying about what Skip was saying and he stayed healthy, he is still a premier OLB. Kruger, this guy has really impressed me when his number is called. Him & Sizzle side-by-side for an entire season would be monstrous. As for McClellan, Bynes and McClain; I think you start fishing for talent in the draft or free agency.

S: Reed started out hot this season but was merely a flash in the pan. Sure he comes up with an INT every once in awhile, but not near premier as he used to be. Webby, nuff said. Just stay healthy. Pollard is personification of this team, just needs to stay healthy as well. Other than that, not sure who else you'd keep.

CB: I think we need balance here. We seem a little young. I think a free agent vet that could make a big impact and coach up these younger guys would be a tremendous help.

Special Teams:
K: Tucker more than proved himself from the word "go" this off-season, training camp, pre-season and regular season. It's time to see how clutch he really is as I'm sure we're going to need his leg in January and hopefully February.

P: Koch, is there really any question.

Returner: Oh that's right, we may not need one after this season...

Those are my thoughts.

~ Cosmic

WE RAISE OUR HEAVY GLASS TO YOU IN OUR INDESTRUCTIBLE DAYS
login.png
MAY HEAVENS CALL TO YOU, MAY STARS ALIGN AND LIGHT YOUR WAY

#15 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,685 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

Boldin I sort-of am starting to understand, although I wish not. But Leach?!?

We pay him a lot, and use him a little. Especially if the offense is being geared towards a spread pass-first offense, there is little need for a traditional fullback.

Personally, I love the guy and I wish we could keep him around, but he's not worth what we are paying him and I doubt he'd take a pay cut.

"It's like somebody created him on Madden." - Jacoby Jones on Joe Flacco

"Hodor." - Hodor

#16 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,989 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

Haha; well, at least that was the second-to-last sentence of a long post, so that's good. Either way, a long, off-season rest is better than no rest, at all. Although, you have a point of Haloti Ngata always taking a toll on his body...

Anyways, as for Vonta Leach, I still think he gets released, but is brought back at lower price; thus, he basically has his contract restructured. The thing is, no other NFL team really uses a fullback, any more. Some teams just have a bigger running back, like the Baltimore Ravens use to have with Le'Ron McClain, at the fullback position, or teams like the New England Patriots use Aaron Hernandez and/or Rob Gronkowski as their "fullback".

As a result, I believe Leach understands football is a business and a fullback, like him, can no longer be offered a "huge" contract. However, I feel Vonta Leach likes playing in Baltimore and he will comeback.

I think it all depends on who runs the offense and if Leach is willing to take that cut. I can see Leach being phased out of the offense as the Ravens look to open things up more. If Caldwell stays, i think Leach leaves because Caldwell will focus on putting more weapons on the field for Flacco. Most of the power run game will come from 2TE sets imo.

If a guy like Norv comes in, maybe Leach stays and is asked to take a cut. I think Norv would use more of a power run game.

mj5v69.jpg

#17 Guest_RBates_*

Guest_RBates_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

If we get rid of Harbaugh and find someone to push Joe for the starting job i would be fine with that.

Here come the Negs........lmao

#18 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

If we get rid of Harbaugh and find someone to push Joe for the starting job i would be fine with that.

Here come the Negs........lmao

This year we played like crap and still made the playoffs. Harbs aint going anywhere...
Banned

#19 Guest_RBates_*

Guest_RBates_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

This year we played like crap and still made the playoffs. Harbs aint going anywhere...

I would trade Harbs for any coach that can coach offense right now. Since that is where all of our talent is at this point in the franchise. Thanks for the neg also, i love it, keep em coming.

Edited by RBates, 21 December 2012 - 08:39 PM.

#20 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

I would trade Harbs for any coach that can coach offense right now. Since that is where all of our talent is at this point in the franchise. Thanks for the neg also, i love it, keep em coming.

I would trade Harbs for Belechick and thats it :)
Banned

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users