Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Who's Playing, Who's Not vs. Giants

72 posts in this topic

Torrey Smith and Marshal Yanda are both questionable for Sunday’s game.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Whos-Playing-Whos-Not-vs-Giants/f78da621-14a2-4108-90bc-00e4d159059e]View the full article[/url]

[i]If Pollard can't play, then James Ihedigbo would likely take his spot in the lineup.[/i]

^ i like Ihedigbo's fierceness. he's just like Pollard...a nasty hard hittin SS.

~Mili

if yanda doesn't play please for the love of god do not use williams between him and oher flacco will be killed and we are gonna get a beat down ,,,,,,,,again.

Too bad we won't be able to see some more of Doss. I was very happy to recant my criticism of his return ability after he almost took that punt back for a TD.
Speaking of, did anyone else feel like it looked like the punter twisted his ankle unnecessarily? It looked like Doss was already going down when the punter gave his ankle another jerk.

as bad as this report sounds, we're still winning the game this sunday, there's no other way

Also Justin Tuck and Amaad Bradshaw are questionable for the Giants.

Hopefully we get Yanda back in case Tuck can actually go. I don't know about you guys but I actually think that all the inconsistency at LG is weighing down on Oher. Think about it. Mike wasn't playing so bad before Reid cam in, and I'd imagine Reid's size would force Oher to change his starting stance and therefore the angles he takes on DEs.

This article was a complete waste of time and space. Was there something in it that wasn’t known yesterday or the day before??

Oh, my bad, Dickson is probable!?!?

If Bynes goes down, I seriously think we have no choice but to play Sam Koch at middle linebacker. He did play linebacker in high school, I think, and we've seen him with the takedowns on special teams...

If Koch then goes down, we'll need a new punter. Maybe Poe...Kevin Byrnes...Ryan Mink? This injury situation is getting absurd.

Bring Touchdown Tommy up! Get him some game experience just in time for the playoffs!! After all, Pittsburgh went and got Plaxico!!! Go Ravens!!! :)

OK, which is it then??? ... copied from above ...

"Pollard Doubtful With Chest Injury
The Ravens could be without a key defensive back for the second week in a row, as safety Bernard Pollard is questionable with a chest injury."

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, December 22, 2012 - Off topic · Report post

Let's face it, Caldwell is not the answer....It's not his fault he's the new OC. His losing record in Indy got him fired from there, without Manning, he faltered. He may be a great person, but if he has a game plan that resembled last week, the Raven's need to have their lockers cleaned out before the first playoff game to save them time to get to the departing planes for their respective homes. I'm rooting my heart out this weekend, but if you guys stink up the joint again this week, last weeks boos are gonna seem like whispers compared to what they'll be this week.

After this season is over and the Ravens get an ugle win in the SB.........Which some will also cry about. The Ravens need to address their conditioning program.

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, December 22, 2012 - Off topic, I agree · Report post

Off Topic...

Free Agency - Flacco Contract?, Reed and Lewis, Retire resign or let go??? Cary Williams?? Jimmy Smith Trade Possibilities??

Baring a Super Bowl or AFC title game run, Flacco will deserve probably in the 5 year/ 80 mil range..
off of the 5 previous years, 53 Wins, 58 including Playoffs and 2 AFC title games. Pay him.

2, Unless Ed and Ray retire, Bring them back... because Ray is still our best MLB overall 5-1 when he Plays, and Ed is our best DB outside of Webb. The minute you let them go Belicheck and Brady would welcome both of them with open arms for a 4th and 5th Super bowl. You wouldn't let Cal Ripken or Brooks Robinson Go.. Same thing with these 2.

Jimmy Smith, if he keeps playing as if he is uninterested in not becoming great, and not interested in being on the field, ravens should seek a draft pick for him or straight up trade.

Cary Williams has played well but depending on what his asking price is we might need that money elsewhere. Ellerbe is deserving of keeping around.

And O line, if Harbaugh is not going to use Mckinnie at LT, shift Oher to RT, K.O. to G, and Yanda to G where they belong then we need a new LT through draft. Because all other positions are played at or near pro bowl level if played in natural position.

Draft needs- LB,OLB, DL, LT,DB
Jarvis Jones OLB
Manti Ta'io MLB
Barkevious Mingo DE
Alec Ogletree MLB
Star Letoulu DT

Especially if Ray or Ed Retires they need Jones or ta'io... and Replenish the Defense and back to top 10 next year

[quote name='10000 Watts' timestamp='1356130042' post='1272907']
Bring Touchdown Tommy up! Get him some game experience just in time for the playoffs!! After all, Pittsburgh went and got Plaxico!!! Go Ravens!!! :)
[/quote] if u mean tommy streeter he's on iR they can't bring him up

[quote name='Fred Sanford' timestamp='1356129872' post='1272902']
If Bynes goes down, I seriously think we have no choice but to play Sam Koch at middle linebacker. He did play linebacker in high school, I think, and we've seen him with the takedowns on special teams...

If Koch then goes down, we'll need a new punter. Maybe Poe...Kevin Byrnes...Ryan Mink? This injury situation is getting absurd.
[/quote]

I'm with ya ! Let's try Tucker at corner, dude is a beast !!! :)

[quote name='llwillow1231' timestamp='1356132747' post='1272949']
if u mean tommy streeter he's on iR they can't bring him up
[/quote] it hought he was practice squad

Man, when Harbs said he's have to start putting everyone on the injury list I guess he wasn't kidding. Hope that's part of the reason, but DANG, we got a lot of DINGS

I'm so tired of hearing about injuries on this team.Never ending every week,so many key parts gone and I'm trying to be positive that we will win,but it looks mighty bleak if you ask me!There is still a chance!

ravensdog86...

I'll tackle a couple of the FA and draft points you brought up.

1. Flacco - he's getting a long-term deal. My guess would be 6 years around $90 million, hopefully a little less.

2. Lewis - he's coming back, and hes still under contract at $5.4 million.

3. Reed - I have no clue what's going to happen here. He's not worth the contract
he's going to want. The last time I heard him reference it, he indicated he would want at least a 2-3 year contract. He was making about 7.5 million a year in his last contract, and I doubt he would take much less. I'd have a tough time signing him for that price again. I'd be trying to pay him in the same range as Ray, if not less. If he demands more, I'd seriously consider letting him go.

4. Cary Williams - I don't see him coming back. Corners have become a popular position for FA targets, and he's going to want way more money then we will be willing to pay or even what I think he is worth.

5. Jimmy Smith - I don't see any way he gets traded. I don't think you would even get a 4th or 5th round pick for a corner going into his 3rd year who is showing signs of getting worse. I think he stays and competes for #2 or #3 corner duties. He's locked up for about $1 million a year for next two years, so I see no reason to get rid of him.

6. I'm not sure if they will address the O line at all. I think they will stick with what they have, with the exception of possibly replacing Birk with Gradkowski.

7. The draft - Jones and Taio are pipe dreams, it's not happening. Jarvis Jones will at least go in the top 10, and probably top 5. Taio will probably go between 10-20 and maybe higher, so he will be gone long before we pick. I personally would like to see them target a big WR, but I doubt that happens. If they think they have a quality Tackle at their spot, they might take him. Otherwise, I suspect they will go either corner or linebacker.

[quote name='RabidRavensfan' timestamp='1356130159' post='1272910']
Let's face it, Caldwell is not the answer....It's not his fault he's the new OC. His losing record in Indy got him fired from there, without Manning, he faltered. He may be a great person, but if he has a game plan that resembled last week, the Raven's need to have their lockers cleaned out before the first playoff game to save them time to get to the departing planes for their respective homes. I'm rooting my heart out this weekend, but if you guys stink up the joint again this week, last weeks boos are gonna seem like whispers compared to what they'll be this week.
[/quote] wow the man just started give him a chance and we always have a chance to win no need to rant

how about one list two sections. these guys are playing ,,,,,,,,,,, these guys aren't . much better

Goodness gracious get rid of Williams already!!! How does that guy get time and McKinnie doesn't?!

I read Jon Ogden's comments on csnbaltimore suggesting that perhaps McKinnie isn't doing what he needs to do at practice and in the weight room...at least not making an impression.

But Williams gets in any game and the speed rusher or DT just blows right by/through him. We don't have another guy to fill in at guard like we do with Oher getting time over Mac?

Will ray be that big of an upgrade this year? I think once ellerbe hit the field that was the biggest boost especially in passing situations. Ray and ellerbe in the middle will be the best. And about jimmy smith, is cary goes (thatd suck) but try asa or chykie there. Jimmy needs to be in the nickel if anywhere. They have to figure out a wa to sig flacco and cary If they win this week rest everybody the following week and try to get healthy. This game might just define how they play in the playoffs