Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Who's Playing, Who's Not vs. Giants

72 posts in this topic

Torrey Smith and Marshal Yanda are both questionable for Sunday’s game.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Whos-Playing-Whos-Not-vs-Giants/f78da621-14a2-4108-90bc-00e4d159059e]View the full article[/url]

[i]If Pollard can't play, then James Ihedigbo would likely take his spot in the lineup.[/i]

^ i like Ihedigbo's fierceness. he's just like Pollard...a nasty hard hittin SS.

~Mili

if yanda doesn't play please for the love of god do not use williams between him and oher flacco will be killed and we are gonna get a beat down ,,,,,,,,again.

Too bad we won't be able to see some more of Doss. I was very happy to recant my criticism of his return ability after he almost took that punt back for a TD.
Speaking of, did anyone else feel like it looked like the punter twisted his ankle unnecessarily? It looked like Doss was already going down when the punter gave his ankle another jerk.

I really think that we are going to have a rough time on Sunday with the team banged up like this.

as bad as this report sounds, we're still winning the game this sunday, there's no other way

Also Justin Tuck and Amaad Bradshaw are questionable for the Giants.

Hopefully we get Yanda back in case Tuck can actually go. I don't know about you guys but I actually think that all the inconsistency at LG is weighing down on Oher. Think about it. Mike wasn't playing so bad before Reid cam in, and I'd imagine Reid's size would force Oher to change his starting stance and therefore the angles he takes on DEs.

This article was a complete waste of time and space. Was there something in it that wasn’t known yesterday or the day before??

Oh, my bad, Dickson is probable!?!?

If Bynes goes down, I seriously think we have no choice but to play Sam Koch at middle linebacker. He did play linebacker in high school, I think, and we've seen him with the takedowns on special teams...

If Koch then goes down, we'll need a new punter. Maybe Poe...Kevin Byrnes...Ryan Mink? This injury situation is getting absurd.

Bring Touchdown Tommy up! Get him some game experience just in time for the playoffs!! After all, Pittsburgh went and got Plaxico!!! Go Ravens!!! :)

OK, which is it then??? ... copied from above ...

"Pollard Doubtful With Chest Injury
The Ravens could be without a key defensive back for the second week in a row, as safety Bernard Pollard is questionable with a chest injury."

After this season is over and the Ravens get an ugle win in the SB.........Which some will also cry about. The Ravens need to address their conditioning program.

[quote name='10000 Watts' timestamp='1356130042' post='1272907']
Bring Touchdown Tommy up! Get him some game experience just in time for the playoffs!! After all, Pittsburgh went and got Plaxico!!! Go Ravens!!! :)
[/quote] if u mean tommy streeter he's on iR they can't bring him up

[quote name='Fred Sanford' timestamp='1356129872' post='1272902']
If Bynes goes down, I seriously think we have no choice but to play Sam Koch at middle linebacker. He did play linebacker in high school, I think, and we've seen him with the takedowns on special teams...

If Koch then goes down, we'll need a new punter. Maybe Poe...Kevin Byrnes...Ryan Mink? This injury situation is getting absurd.
[/quote]

I'm with ya ! Let's try Tucker at corner, dude is a beast !!! :)

[quote name='llwillow1231' timestamp='1356132747' post='1272949']
if u mean tommy streeter he's on iR they can't bring him up
[/quote] it hought he was practice squad

Man, when Harbs said he's have to start putting everyone on the injury list I guess he wasn't kidding. Hope that's part of the reason, but DANG, we got a lot of DINGS

I'm so tired of hearing about injuries on this team.Never ending every week,so many key parts gone and I'm trying to be positive that we will win,but it looks mighty bleak if you ask me!There is still a chance!

how about one list two sections. these guys are playing ,,,,,,,,,,, these guys aren't . much better

I wonder we will utilize having both Pitta and Dickson on the field together again. Regardless, that's good news.

Goodness gracious get rid of Williams already!!! How does that guy get time and McKinnie doesn't?!

I read Jon Ogden's comments on csnbaltimore suggesting that perhaps McKinnie isn't doing what he needs to do at practice and in the weight room...at least not making an impression.

But Williams gets in any game and the speed rusher or DT just blows right by/through him. We don't have another guy to fill in at guard like we do with Oher getting time over Mac?

Will ray be that big of an upgrade this year? I think once ellerbe hit the field that was the biggest boost especially in passing situations. Ray and ellerbe in the middle will be the best. And about jimmy smith, is cary goes (thatd suck) but try asa or chykie there. Jimmy needs to be in the nickel if anywhere. They have to figure out a wa to sig flacco and cary If they win this week rest everybody the following week and try to get healthy. This game might just define how they play in the playoffs

Will ray be that big of an upgrade this year? I think once ellerbe hit the field that was the biggest boost especially in passing situations. Ray and ellerbe in the middle will be the best. And about jimmy smith, is cary goes (thatd suck) but try asa or chykie there. Jimmy needs to be in the nickel if anywhere. They have to figure out a wa to sig flacco and cary If they win this week rest everybody the following week and try to get healthy. This game might just define how they play in the playoffs

He normally wouldn't be that big of an upgrade, except we just lost McClain for the year. I would be fine with starting McClain and Ellerbe, but given McClain is out, I like the sound of playing Ray over somebody like Ayanbadejo or McClellan.

And listen... nobody hates the way Cary Williams plays sometimes more than I do. But if the corners at the bottom of the depth chart (like Asa Jackson, Chykie Brown, or Chris Johnson) were any better, they would be starting. It's not like Harbaugh has had problems bringing guys like Cory Graham up into the starting lineup once Webb went down anyway.

Bottom line is, in my opinion, Cary, Graham and Jimmy Smith are the three best corners on this team.

My complaint is this .. Pollard goes and calls out the team & now come come sunday he wont be playing

Not liking the idea of Yanda missing another game. Ray Rice can't run if holes aren't being opened up for him.