Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Don't Wake A Sleeping Giant

46 posts in this topic

New York has plenty of pass rushers, but just two sacks in its past three games.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Dont-Wake-A-Sleeping-Giant/ca041afd-6c1e-4518-94c8-0e568548313a]View the full article[/url]

The Ravens have allowed [u][i][b]eight (sacks) in the past three games[/b][/i][/u], including [u][i][b]three fumbles by quarterback Joe Flacco[/b][/i][/u]

smh!

~Mili

Knowing our luck this would be the Sunday they somehow spring to life against our very suspect offensive line.

Any half decent offense w/a good OC knows how to nuetralize a good pass rush. We'll see if we have either this week. If Average Joe just stands there like usual and our OL plays like they have been, it'll be yet another long day for us. Paying attention Mr. OC? Earn your name and make us say....that game was "Caldwell". We need this one bad!!

hopefully the o-line sees the giants defense as a challenge and they protect flacco and open holes for the running backs. (fingers crossed)

[quote name='smolina2o1' timestamp='1356122029' post='1272798']
plz start Bryant McKinnie!
[/quote]This all started in training camp. Hard to believe it has lasted this long. It may take Ozzie to swing it.

Since Strahan, the Giants have had a long of those long, muscular, 6'5 270 athletic pass rushing types on the D-line, and they're all good, Canty's not bad either.

Problem is, you can't just put pass rushers out there, or everyone would. Their weakness is the run, there's a reason teams use slow, fat guys. Pierce's injury status should be crucial to this game, as the way to slow the pass rush is just hammer them early and often. Rice could be great in draws in this game, if we could ever execute one well.

Succo was sacked 3 times and knocked down 9 times last week. That’s nothing compared to what’s going to happen Sunday if we can’t generate some sort of run game.

If I am the linemen for the Gmen, I will have been drooling ALL week ! If Flacco continues to stand- forever in that pocket- HE WILL BE CRUSHED.

Gotta feed them giants some Rice and PLEASE stop the turnovers! Smith, Bolden, Jones, Dickson, Pitta, Doss and Williams should ALL be in Constant Rotation! The Defense will Thank You after the game!

This will be a good test of our O-line. Either they improve or changes need to be made. I don't understand how many time Joe can get hit before we do something about it, either calling quicker plays or swapping/moving personnel.

Flacco better protect the football those pass rushers of the giants may not b sacking the qb tht much this yr but there dangerous alot of speed and they have long arms witch can create the dreaded strip sack whts been happening to flacco lately hold on flacco protect the football

This game doesn't matter. Sit our starters and let them heal. Let the Giants play our second team. The Cincy game is a little more important but we are already in the playoffs.

Our Defense has to play lights out for us to win this game. With great pass rushers, it is almost simple to predict that Flacco will struggle mightily again. I don't care what his QBR is or how many passes he completes, but all I am hoping for is for Ray Rice to have a monster game and Joe Flacco does not have the typical 3 turnover day.... may be we need to have a running commentary of the pass rushers coming at Flacco from different places whispered into his helmet by one of the coaches.... that may help with some pocket awareness. In fact wouldn't it be cheaper to have a coach dedicated to telling Flacco who is coming at him, who may be open and what he may need to do constantly while the play is happening???

I am thinking something like - hey watch your left! or better still - hey move up the pocket or even better still - throw the damn ball away!!!

2 keys up there Giants 28th against the Pass ,this ones on Joe to win the Second one being actually i double checked its not up there but Eli and Joe have the same stats this year atleast relatively similar and there playing with a hurt running Game this week ,this is ours to win not to lose.

I agree, it's in our park to win. We need a few surprises thrown in that help to spread the Giants D out some, like some stretch plays or reverses or screens, something, heck, maybe even a couple (like 2) of Joe's famous Bombs-a-way throws? No...just sayin' don't be so darn predictable, with 2 runs up the middle, and then a 20 yard overthrow or a sack. And don't get me started on Flacco needing a stop-watch telling him after 3 or 4 seconds to throw it away or RUN with it some...

I'm lookin forward to another Flaccoing....kill that (profanity) and force management to get a real quarterback.

I love my Ravens but these next two games I believe are going to be rest games. Yes a AFC North Championship is what we aim for but with the injuries we have we can't really risk anymore and I just see the coaches coming in with a midiocre game-plan because we need to set up for the next season, the post-season that is. It doesn't sound like a bad idea because the Giants just need to win out to make the playoffs and will be playing really hard against a beatin up Ravens squad. I know I don't want anymore injuries with the playoffs coming up. Still we need to play hard and hopefully the we win out, I love my team just that injuries do take there toll.

@FLBOYRaven: It has been a mediocre game plan all year- I would not get your hopes up. Asides from mediocre- there has been little to no trickery [the fake FG for a TD does not count- given we were up by oddles against a horrible team] or innovation. The old addage, "nothing ventured, nothing gained" surely applies itself to our team. It is boring and predictable.

Here's the sad but potential bright spot of not winning the division...

If you are like me, you've recognized that this isn't a Championship caliber team since midseason. If that's the case, what's the difference between winning the division and not?

Think about it this way... if we win the division, we guarantee ourselves that we will be playing Houston and Denver again next year. Two teams that will likely be just as good next year. If we don't win the division and take the wildcard, we won't play either of those teams. Instead, we would play Indy and likely San Diego.

While I generally never consider preseason SOS at all because nobody ever really knows what a team will be like, I don't think anybody would argue that playing IND and SD next year is better than playing HOU and DEN, especially considering we will already be facing the likes of Brady and Rodgers also.

"Don't Wake A Sleeping Giant?" Believe me they have been awake AND drooling on this one ALL week! -I surely would have been. Joe has had all year to show improvement. Do you really think it will change for this game ? If anything, it will be worse- UNLESS Joe, miraculiosly changes his ways. If he does not want to run / escape the pocket- at the right times- BAD things WILL CONTINUE TO HAPPEN. Please prove me wrong on this one !

@rmcjacket23: GREAT points !....I guess we will see how the Raven cookie crumbles. Applying the scenario dissection in action is rather heavy to ponder....He--, on that one I need some java and some Holiday early morning junk to wash down ! Out !