Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Byrne Identity: Ray Lewis Talks About Pain And Coming Back

50 posts in this topic

Will Ray Lewis return this season? 'Oh yeah,' he confidently told Kevin Byrne.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Byrne-Identity-Ray-Lewis-Talks-About-Pain-And-Coming-Back/e30cdbdb-2420-46de-923e-38832a991719]View the full article[/url]

I'm pulling for Ray to make it back and contribute. Ray is the unquestioned spirit leader of our team,his presence would help mentally but physically Ray is not the same player as he was 5 years ago or even last year. Age happens,time&tide wait for no man. Will a tentative aging veteran superstar admit he is hurting his team if it comes down to it? If anyone would it just might be Ray Lewis. I remember Ray hitting Tomlinson for that loss a few years back that won the game. That's the Ray Lewis I prefer to remember. I pray fdor Ray to be well enough to save our defense but I fear he is past his prime as a player and simply put can be only an inspiration. Next year?

That wheel of misfortune is so ridiculous, but the old adage holds true. Ray Lewis is an inspiration to us all. He is human and understands that yet continues to push himself farther than anyone else. He's a modern day Superman and I am privileged to say that I was able to watch him play.

People will tell their grandchildren about the last stand of Ray Lewis, against all odds. This postseason is going to be unforgettable.

Great article Kevin, and I dont say that much but this was truly a great one. Go Ravens its time for are run to start, and its gona start against the raining superbowl champions.

@BloodRaven I know right on the outside the world may think the Ravens are going into a down word spiral, but on the inside just on this website this season has the sense of something magical, how special would it be for this team to rise up by the hand of Ray Lewis and take us to the superbowl, you couldnt write the story any better.

I'm not giving up on this team despite of all the things thats been going on the last 3 weeks. A victory Sunday could start a run of something special. Remember last year the Giants lost 4 straight at the end of the season went on a run and eventually won the Super Bowl. All the critics on tv are pretty much wrote us off so why not turn it up now and show everyone who the real Ravens are.

I'd give my right...um...leg if Ray asked me to!! Man, I hope he comes back. Just his presence on the field alone can do wonders for these young bucks.

If ray can come back with a meaningfull impact this team will raise their playing level to a championship caliber. I have to admit this team is scripted for greatness we lost 3 straight but we are still in it. If it wasnt for ray rice miraculous 4th and 29 conversion we probobally wouldnt be in the playoffs.This team has something speacial and they need to start showcasing their greatness.

this would be Great news and Sad news Knowing this could be one of his final runs out of that tunnel the greatest of all time ,i think the stadium will errupt and at the same time be a little bit Sad ,i have followed Ray Lewis like a addict lol i mean theres more to the man then just a football player ,what he does in the community and for others speaks Volumns for us ,its also great to know that aside from Ed Reed we will have 2 Huge Emotional Leaders on the Field this week.

We need the General! This is gong to be like Custers last stand! Ray is coming back to show the young boys how to finish strong. The last lesson he has to teach before he passes the tourch. The Lombardi will be the parting gift to the greatest football player I have ever seen.

Its good to see that I'm not the only one yelling at the t.v. and telling players to "hit them in the mouth. Great article.

you never know, he might be back next season. but it is incredibly sad, he is the epitome of ravens football. when he hangs it up it will be very depressing. he is one of the brightest stars in a city rich with sports history

The wheel is games between each team. If you look at the teams side to side, the numbers are the score of the game between the two teams. Basically the wheel is saying anyone could beat anyone.

For example the Ravens lost to the eagles "24-23" but beat the Browns "23-16" and the Browns beat the Bengals "34-24" but the Bengals beat the Giants "31-13" and it keeps going.

Great article on Ray today, Kevin. He sounds like me, screaming at my t.v. during Ravens games! And yeah, a few others mentioned this Parity wheel...what is it, exactly?

Ray Lewis - I feel so bad for him that he has to play his last year or two with an offense that is so darn inconsistent. How it must burn him to watch with great hope one game and feel devastated the next! I may win the SB one minute to how is this guy going to get us there the next? Wow!!!

To whomever might know:

I am a diehard Ravens fan, born in Baltimore, but since the age of 2 or 3 I moved to Puerto Rico. I have never had the opportunity to watch Ray Lewis play football live at the bank, as a matter of fact I haven't seen a single NFL game live at any stadium.

What are the odds that Ray Lewis plays one more season??? I know he is getting up there in age, but 40 is the new 30. Look at all these Boxers like Bernard Hopkins who is still fighting at the age of 47, Juan Manuel Marquez (39 years old) just knocked out Pacquiao ... Anyone could make a case that Hopkins in his 40's has been a better Boxer than when he was in his late 20's and early 30's. Foreman was the first to win a belt in his 40's. Ray probably had a better work ethic than all the people I mentioned above.

I would give anything to see him play once. I would love to wear my #52 jersey at the bank at least once before he hangs his cleats.

If by any misfortune he decides to hang them after this season, he should be hired immediately as defensive coordinator. Could you imagine having a DC that could sub himself in and out of the field??? There is always a first time for everything. (I know this is wishful thinking)

- Shaky

lets beat the giants we get the division /home game for the playoffs that gives ray two more weeks to heal and come back and dance his way onto the field