Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Late For Work 12/21: Best/Worst-Case Scenarios For Ravens

106 posts in this topic

Pees hopes Lewis returns, lifts defense. One CB needs to take ‘bull by the horns.’ Picks.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-1221-BestWorst-Case-Scenarios-For-Ravens/8500aa88-2ff9-468b-b0cb-46813c38a3ca]View the full article[/url]

Hmmm, a home playoff game against the Colts and/or Bengals. On paper that doesn't sound too bad, would be a cool matchup now that I think about it.

Don't you love it when you're reading an article and out of the blue a video starts playing...

I want the Colts as our opponent should we win the division. If Art Donovan is there I know just what he will be thinking about it. God bless you Art. You know the difference.

We do better as underdogs besides in the big games the Giants have not beat Baltimore going back to the days of the Colts.

I think for me, I began to question the front office decision making when in mid season they finally did what should have been done during last years off season. The firing of CCameron was ill timed and the thoughtless way it was done pretty much sealed the deal in terms of my perception of the wisdom or lack thereof that was present in the upper management echelons of the Ravens organization. Perhaps our problems are not on the field at all.

I really don't see how the Ravens lose this game. I just don't. I think this is going to be like one of those last-stand use-your-last-breath type of games. You are going to see minimal mistakes; everybody is going to be on their best behavior and the Ravens will channel their magic that dominates at home and win.

mason85, if he (Flacco) were to do that he might get benched. This organization doesn't cator to being questioned about it's decisions. Ever hear of Harbaugh's doghouse.

Before I start, I want to say that even though I traded my ticket to Sunday's game I will still watch the whole thing on TV at home. I don't think that we will win by much if we do win. That said, I have lost confidence in our offense after it was carrying us through most of the season. I really want to add that the defense is on its last leg, so there is going to be a lot of scoring on Sunday by the boys in blue if we don't get it together. Does anyone really think that having a banged-up Suggs or Lewis in there is going to change things? What we need is a major overhaul of the whole offense and defense in the offseason.

[quote name='ravens2thebowl' timestamp='1356102083' post='1272510']
i love it. everyone is picking us to lose. [b]we thrive as the underdog[/b]
[/quote]

I don't know why people say this. You do remember we were dogs in our own stadium last week right? How did that work out?

Answer: No thriving

[quote name='Barney S' timestamp='1356102334' post='1272513']
Don't you love it when you're reading an article and out of the blue a video starts playing...
[/quote] or you just log on here to read a few articles and you have to sit through commercials ...........makes you want to go nuts ..lol

[quote name='CapoRocky' timestamp='1356103113' post='1272525']
Before I start, I want to say that even though I traded my ticket to Sunday's game I will still watch the whole thing on TV at home. I don't think that we will win by much if we do win. That said, I have lost confidence in our offense after it was carrying us through most of the season. I really want to add that the defense is on its last leg, so there is going to be a lot of scoring on Sunday by the boys in blue if we don't get it together. Does anyone really think that having a banged-up Suggs or Lewis in there is going to change things? What we need is a major overhaul of the whole offense and defense in the offseason.
[/quote] we need to get healthy there not going to cut the whole defense for being injured . the rebuild the o line i agree

I back the theory that we should lose out to get better draft picks. All key players should be rested for the playoff game(s). Best danged strategy I've heard yet.

[quote name='drillem' timestamp='1356102933' post='1272521']
I think for me, I began to question the front office decision making when in mid season they finally did what should have been done during last years off season. The firing of CCameron was ill timed and the thoughtless way it was done pretty much sealed the deal in terms of my perception of the wisdom or lack thereof that was present in the upper management echelons of the Ravens organization. Perhaps our problems are not on the field at all.
[/quote] i was waiting for someone to complain about the firing of cam cameron. after months and months of non stop cam bashing on this site every single topic being hijacked by fire cam rants . guess what everyone got exactly what they asked for so time to deal with it . old saying be careful what you wish for ya just might get it . well ravens fans got it .

[quote name='redravenfan' timestamp='1356103238' post='1272530']
we need to get healthy there not going to cut the whole defense for being injured . the rebuild the o line i agree
[/quote]

Injuries happen to everyone. Green Bay overcame major injuries and won the Super Bowl. I really think that we need to add a few new players and let go of some older ones. I won't touch the Ray or Ed debate. I can't see us going forward into next season with the same offensive line nor certain defensive players.

redravenfan NOT!!! I didn't complain one iota about the firing of Cam. Please reread before commenting. My comment had to do with the fact that the firing should have been done before the season started. And not that he WAS fired. Duh!!!!

[quote name='Ravensfan4life2010' timestamp='1356103342' post='1272533']
joe flacco gave them gifts to the o-line now the o-line needs to give him the gift of giving him time in the pocket!
[/quote]perfect gift and no need to return it :)

Harbs is Stuborn. Oher ranks in the bottom of the league and he will not put McKinney on the field. IF his problem is runblocking and we run to the right most of the time. What is the darn problem. Oher and Yanda were Mualers last year on the right. Then KO on the inside would take some pressure off Birk and he would cream people in the middle. And Mckinney will stop Flacco from getting crushed every play. The one who should look in the mirror is the coach. His cockey attitued has cost us games. His unwillingness to cut Cam in the offseason is the reason Biscotti made him do it. As the saying goes, the fish stinks from the head first.

[quote name='drillem' timestamp='1356103659' post='1272539']
redravenfan NOT!!! I didn't complain one iota about the firing of Cam. Please reread before commenting. My comment had to do with the fact that the firing should have been done before the season started. And not that he WAS fired. Duh!!!!
[/quote] first off this site is for adults don't act like a child cam was fired its over with no more hijacking the threads over that topic . i think everyone is sick of reading and rereading about cameron.

[quote name='drillem' timestamp='1356103876' post='1272541']
Flacco is the gift that keeps on giving. (Giving the ball to the other team, that is).
[/quote] out right lie and rubbish a couple fumbles and a couple interceptions . stop trolling if you hate this team and can only post negative there are 31 other teams your not cute or funny. and posting lies is down right ignorant .

[quote name='CapoRocky' timestamp='1356103570' post='1272537']
Injuries happen to everyone. Green Bay overcame major injuries and won the Super Bowl. I really think that we need to add a few new players and let go of some older ones. I won't touch the Ray or Ed debate. I can't see us going forward into next season with the same offensive line nor certain defensive players.
[/quote] as hard as it is to admit lewis and reed need to retire and i think both would make excellent coaches

Redraven, the article is about the prognostications for the season. My comment was right to the topic. Your comment was ill-advised and much more childish than any of the other's I read on here as you were replying to something you didn't even read thoroughly. Your attempt to dictate the terms of other's comment are absurd. Furthermore from your reply it seems you were looking for someone to comment on the wisdom of firing the OC and were ready to pounce on anything that even came close, in your mind. It really upset you that you were off. Not my problem.