Jump to content


Photo

Merged: Steeler Fan Stories


  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 K-Dog

K-Dog

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,511 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Millersville Maryland

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

After last weeks loss to the Broncos I went out to finish up some christmas shopping. One place I stopped at had a McDonnalds. I had to pee and the fries were smelling mighty good so I went inside to, well pee and get some fries. Its about 5:30 at this time.

So this guy in a steelers jacket and steelers hat comes up to me laughing saying " Hahaha Ravens go their "rear ends " kicked today. Bunch of loosers."

I replied, " You have a lot of nerve calling your self a steelers fan. Your team is playing right now and you are hanging out in a mcDonnalds. "

His buddies gave him an "Oooooooh!!!!!!!" and they all laughed at him.

Okay not the best story in the world, but it amused me.
  • 9

K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

 

You DO NOT know more than any coach in the NFL.  You simply do not.


#2 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

    Hoosier Daddy

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Indiana

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

You did wash your hands before eating your fries, yes?

~ Cosmic
  • 5

WE RAISE OUR HEAVY GLASS TO YOU IN OUR INDESTRUCTIBLE DAYS
login.png
MAY HEAVENS CALL TO YOU, MAY STARS ALIGN AND LIGHT YOUR WAY


#3 K-Dog

K-Dog

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,511 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Millersville Maryland

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

Always.
  • 0

K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

 

You DO NOT know more than any coach in the NFL.  You simply do not.


#4 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

    Can not follow rules

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Banned!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

I hate it when people put on their teams' jerseys come Sunday when they don't plan on watching the game at all. Strikes me as very bandwagon-ish...
  • 0
<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

#5 AsianRice

AsianRice

    MVP

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,405 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Frederick, MD

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

I hate it when people put on their teams' jerseys come Sunday when they don't plan on watching the game at all. Strikes me as very bandwagon-ish...

I saw a lot of them like that; from where I'm living, I see a lot of Redskins fans hanging around the mall at 5:00pm, and most of the Redskins games are at 4:25pm; however, I do check most of the time that they don't watch the game.
  • 0
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#6 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:00 AM

I wish I knew how to take the high road like OP, my temper has gotten me in more trouble than I can remember. I've been involved in one or two interesting skirmishes with Steeler fans, and I probably can't say much more than that.
  • 0




#7 JO_75

JO_75

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,007 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Carolina

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

After last weeks loss to the Broncos I went out to finish up some christmas shopping. One place I stopped at had a McDonnalds. I had to pee and the fries were smelling mighty good so I went inside to, well pee and get some fries. Its about 5:30 at this time.

So this guy in a steelers jacket and steelers hat comes up to me laughing saying " Hahaha Ravens go their "rear ends " kicked today. Bunch of loosers."

I replied, " You have a lot of nerve calling your self a steelers fan. Your team is playing right now and you are hanging out in a mcDonnalds. "

His buddies gave him an "Oooooooh!!!!!!!" and they all laughed at him.

Okay not the best story in the world, but it amused me.


First off, why is he eating garbage food at McDonalds? Second your always supposed to get the food BEFORE your team's game comes on.
  • 0

#8 Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple

    Telling It Like It Is Since 1974

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,143 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:St. Petersburg, Florida

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

I seriously don't get over half the fans of other teams I know. They never know anything about their team. They look at me like I'm obsessed because I actually know facts about my club, lol.
  • 0

newsigg2_zps9e6531bd.jpg

 


#9 AsianRice

AsianRice

    MVP

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,405 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Frederick, MD

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

First off, why is he eating garbage food at McDonalds? Second your always supposed to get the food BEFORE your team's game comes on.

hey, it's food man, and if looking beyond the fact those are edible, a lot of people in third world country are dying of starvation. I came from there, so I would fight over just for a hamburger if I'm lucky.....
  • 0
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#10 cobrajet

cobrajet

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,304 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Baltimore

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

I don't like it when people that don't know you have to be ignorant jerks. I hope the Bengals beat the Steelers today.
  • 0

#11 1/28/01

1/28/01

    Error 404

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,586 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Glen Arm, MD

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

First off, why is he eating garbage food at McDonalds? Second your always supposed to get the food BEFORE your team's game comes on.


Garbage food? McDonalds? How dare you!!!
  • 0
Posted Image




#12 K-Dog

K-Dog

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,511 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Millersville Maryland

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

Garbage food? McDonalds? How dare you!!!


Their fries are amazing.
Every thing else is nasty.
  • 0

K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

 

You DO NOT know more than any coach in the NFL.  You simply do not.


#13 Grendelwulf21

Grendelwulf21

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:CA

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

I was hanging out with my friends last night, and couple of them were Steeler fans, and one of them jokingly said somethin about us sucking, so I told him "At least we didn't lose to the browns" and then another one of my friends said "And the raiders!" Elohel! :P
  • 0

#14 Ravenglenn

Ravenglenn

    Pro Bowler

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

I seriously don't get over half the fans of other teams I know. They never know anything about their team. They look at me like I'm obsessed because I actually know facts about my club, lol.


I hear you!! They'll wear their jerseys and talk trash and sometimes won't even know it's a bye week!
  • 0

#15 Crabcakes&Football

Crabcakes&Football

    Pro Bowler

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

Their fries are amazing.
Every thing else is nasty.


I must disagree with that. Oversalted and dry I find them to be. But they never 'go bad', I've eaten 5 year old Mcdonalds french fries before.
  • 0
Enjoy the Ride.
Posted Image

#16 K-Dog

K-Dog

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,511 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Millersville Maryland

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

I've eaten 5 year old Mcdonalds french fries before.


Yikes!
Did you loose a bet or something?
  • 0

K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

 

You DO NOT know more than any coach in the NFL.  You simply do not.





#17 Irish Raven

Irish Raven

    Pro Bowler

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

Nice comeback

I always think of clever put downs.......a few hours after the incident :(
  • 0

#18 frezeal33

frezeal33

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

Today, I argued with a Steelers fan. It was a normal argument with a Steelers fan. One of the typical 'We're better even though we're not in the playoffs and you guys are gonna choke' arguments. His argument was this:



- They have 6 rings, 2 in the 2000's. We have 1 total.



- Joe Flacco is awful in the playoffs, and always


chokes.



- They beat us once this year.



Those were his main two points. Of course, we ALL have heard the dumb '6 rings' argument. It's like they don't realize that most of those (4) occurred in the 70's. They also don't realize that they've been here for EVERY Superbowl, while we've only been here for 16 of them.



All Steelers fans love to bring the 'Most Superbowls' argument in. But to tell you the truth, that's sad. It's like they're stuck in the past.. back when they were good. They can never let that go, and in you ever get into an argument with one, there's a 99.5% chance that they will bring it up. (The other 0.5% don't know how many they've won.)



Now, about Flacco.. they don't understand that he is the ONLY QB to make the playoffs AND win a playoff game in each of his first four seasons. But yet, he chokes in the playoffs?



This guy even brought us losing to the Patriots into his argument on why Flacco chokes in the playoffs. He obviously didn't watch that AFC Championship. Lee Evans DROPPED the amazing pass that would have been a game-winning Touchdown. But, whatever.



Flacco has 8 TD's & 8 INT's in the postseason. (Mind you, he had 1 TD & 3 INT's in the 2008 postseason, his rookie season.) He also has 1,532 yards in 9 postseason games. In those 9 postseason games, he has an average of a 61.7 QBR, above average.



So, if any Steelers fan says that Flacco will choke in the postseason, and he sucks in the playoffs obviously hasn't ever watched him play in the postseason.



Last but not least, the 'we beat you this season' argument.



They defeated us in a game where we played AWFULLY, and they barely won. Also, you have to think.. we're in the playoffs and they're not. The better team has the better record, and is in the postseason. That's all I really have to say about that.



After the argument, where I had obviously destroyed him, he proceeded to say that he doesn't hate everyone on the Ravens, and since I hate everyone on the Steelers, I am not a 'true football fan.'



A 'true football fan' doesn't HAVE to like everyone on the rivals' team. I'm sorry, but if you are a Steelers fan, and you don't completely hate the Ravens.. and you hate the Cowboys more than the Ravens, you are not a real Steelers fan.



But how many real Steelers fans do we really ever see? Barely any.



Anyway, that is my little rant about this argument. It was very ridiculous.. a typical argument with a Steelers fan. Any Ravens fan can relate to this story.



P.S. Another 'Steelers fan' came up and said he wanted the Broncos and Colts to play in the Superbowl. If that doesn't shout 'I don't know football, so I'll pull for the Steelers.. BANDWAGON' then I don't know what does.


  • 0
Terrell Suggs DPOY 2011-2012
Posted Image

#19 Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple

    Telling It Like It Is Since 1974

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,143 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:St. Petersburg, Florida

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

I aint reading all that.

All I can suggest is get used to it. They never go away.
  • 1

newsigg2_zps9e6531bd.jpg

 


#20 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

    SAM I Am......

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Banned

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

Today, I argued with a Steelers fan. It was a normal argument with a Steelers fan. One of the typical 'We're better even though we're not in the playoffs and you guys are gonna choke' arguments. His argument was this:



- They have 6 rings, 2 in the 2000's. We have 1 total.



- Joe Flacco is awful in the playoffs, and always


chokes.



- They beat us once this year.



Those were his main two points. Of course, we ALL have heard the dumb '6 rings' argument. It's like they don't realize that most of those (4) occurred in the 70's. They also don't realize that they've been here for EVERY Superbowl, while we've only been here for 16 of them.



All Steelers fans love to bring the 'Most Superbowls' argument in. But to tell you the truth, that's sad. It's like they're stuck in the past.. back when they were good. They can never let that go, and in you ever get into an argument with one, there's a 99.5% chance that they will bring it up. (The other 0.5% don't know how many they've won.)



Now, about Flacco.. they don't understand that he is the ONLY QB to make the playoffs AND win a playoff game in each of his first four seasons. But yet, he chokes in the playoffs?



This guy even brought us losing to the Patriots into his argument on why Flacco chokes in the playoffs. He obviously didn't watch that AFC Championship. Lee Evans DROPPED the amazing pass that would have been a game-winning Touchdown. But, whatever.



Flacco has 8 TD's &amp; 8 INT's in the postseason. (Mind you, he had 1 TD &amp; 3 INT's in the 2008 postseason, his rookie season.) He also has 1,532 yards in 9 postseason games. In those 9 postseason games, he has an average of a 61.7 QBR, above average.



So, if any Steelers fan says that Flacco will choke in the postseason, and he sucks in the playoffs obviously hasn't ever watched him play in the postseason.



Last but not least, the 'we beat you this season' argument.



They defeated us in a game where we played AWFULLY, and they barely won. Also, you have to think.. we're in the playoffs and they're not. The better team has the better record, and is in the postseason. That's all I really have to say about that.



After the argument, where I had obviously destroyed him, he proceeded to say that he doesn't hate everyone on the Ravens, and since I hate everyone on the Steelers, I am not a 'true football fan.'



A 'true football fan' doesn't HAVE to like everyone on the rivals' team. I'm sorry, but if you are a Steelers fan, and you don't completely hate the Ravens.. and you hate the Cowboys more than the Ravens, you are not a real Steelers fan.



But how many real Steelers fans do we really ever see? Barely any.



Anyway, that is my little rant about this argument. It was very ridiculous.. a typical argument with a Steelers fan. Any Ravens fan can relate to this story.



P.S. Another 'Steelers fan' came up and said he wanted the Broncos and Colts to play in the Superbowl. If that doesn't shout 'I don't know football, so I'll pull for the Steelers.. BANDWAGON' then I don't know what does.


Well...... One time I got into an argument with a Steeler fan and they brought up the same points...... They just never learn. Rothtard chokes more than Flacco
  • 2
Banned




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users