Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ravens Honor Newtown's Joey

44 posts in this topic

Big Ravens fan Josephine Gay, 7, was one of the 20 children killed in Newtown, Conn.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Honor-Newtowns-Joey/42241867-d6f2-4727-9e97-81bd0b577b9e]View the full article[/url]

Awwwwww,so tragic,The Ravens should get together and send a few representatives to the Funeral like a few favorite player of her's, If the Raven's nation rather send donations in to a fund just for her rather than Autism Foundation like expenses and etc count me in

This whole tragedy is just too sad. It is good seeing the Ravens and the NFL doing things to honor and help the people of Newtown.

Joey's father is a Calvert Hall College (Towson, MD) grad.

God bless all these children, teachers, family and friends.

Yes, it is a scary day when we parents must live in fear of
the safety and security of our children in school !!!

This is the most awful and unthinkable terror there is;
to take the life of innocent children - those with special needs -
has left me crying every day since it occurred.

Rest in Peace and God Bless!!!

The ironies in this case are amazing. The autism ran deep through the entire episode. Were any of the other children special need people? It is quite a tragedy for many reasons. So many families touched directly and indirectly. And the perpetrator was on the verge of being placed in a special institution as well for his obvious problems but never made it. Very sad. May they all rest in peace. We should all take time to reflect on this and perhaps spend more time thinking about how we can avoid this in the future. And we should all hug our own during this time and be thankful for their presence in our lives.

Who Honor's their loved ones like the Ravens? KNOWBODY!! This is why I love this whole organization. From the top person tothe bottom person such great people the Ravens are. I hate seeing this everytime I turn on the tv or the internet. Its so sad and heartbreaking that these little ones perished on that alful friday , esp when you learn they are gifted such as this little girl Joey.

There should be another moment of silence this Sunday before the game, specifically for this little girl. Fighting back the tears as I type, so sad. I just don't understand.

My Pastor always preaches this:

"Special Needs children are always the closest to God!!!!
Their thoughts are always so pure.
Unfortunately, it's the evil in society that leads them down dark paths"

Please protect the ones you love and hold them close.
Always teach them good from evil.
And for God sake, please keep all guns way out of reach!!!

R.I.P Joey ... you have a special seat right next to God!
(... and now in the hearts of every Ravens fan as well!)

As a HUGE Ravens fan and a teacher for kindergarten students with autism, I can do nothing but cry over the loss of such a precious soul. Students with autism have so much to offer the people around them and I know, that even in Joey's short 7 years, she had such an impact on those around her. And, of course, being a Ravens fan doesn't hurt!!!
C'mon boys - win one for Joey and all the victims from Sandy Hook.

if we win the SB this year... please win it for little joey, art modell and torreys smith borther. may god bless them.

I am a developmental pediatrician which means I specialize in children with developmental disabilities. I am also a close friend of Joey's grandfather Bob. I have taken him to Ravens' games with me. I know first hand on both counts of the the amazing things that autistic children can do and the suffering that Joey's family is going through.
Let's hope that this tribute is played out on the field on Sunday.

I work about 40 minutes away from Newtown. The stories coming out from co-workers and friends related are just incredible. Hug your kids, and thank God for everything you have. No act of wickedness can eclipse this tragedy. Please pray for the families.

Joey all of Ravens nation loves you, and we will never forget the tragedy that happened last week, and we have to devote this season to all the people that have passed away, and this season is for Art, Tevin, and Joey. Lets go Ravens!

So sad. If you have a gun, and you have kids. Keep it in a locked safe. You were way to young. Pray for all those parents, who had to do something no parent should ever have to do. God Bless.

i live 30 mins away and im only 23 no kids and i dont know anyone there but it hurts and gets to me every time i think about it

To Joey's Family, Joey is in heaven with her Ravens purple and we are proud to have her as a friend to Baltimore. We are thinking about you everyday...as parents our hearts and prayers go out to you. To Joey, rest in peace, god bless. To Ravens- We are behind you, now lets do "Something for Joey".

Respect to the Gay family.

My young wife passed away January 7th. I was not expecting it. Then my mother passed away four months later. Xmas will never be the same for me also. Lord knows I feel your pain.

To every one here. "MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A WILL"! My wife did...