Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Joe Flacco, Eli Manning Having Similar Seasons

58 posts in this topic

Joe Flacco has a higher quarterback rating than Eli Manning, who has struggled vs. Ravens.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Joe-Flacco-Eli-Manning-Having-Similar-Seasons/d38063c9-91f8-40e8-ab30-6bc83cb25827]View the full article[/url]

Eli owns two Super Bowl Championship rings,Lee Evans let Joe's first slip through his hands so there is no season comparison that would vaugely matter. GO Pits BURG get us another AFC North title. GO RAVENS beat the Giants after getting the gift from the STEALers.

Actually according to the Mayan calender the world ends on 12-21-2012. Joe's long term contract doesn't matter. Ray's injury? Meaningless. Playoffs ? I will care right up until the end.

there deliveries look very similar as well I think Joe is very comparable to Manning but just imagine what Joe would look like with Manning's wide receivers that would be amazing

If the game is played David Wilson just might run our rightside Suggs-Upshaw contain into a Raven defensive giant....oops stalwart. Wilson will run left alot. Can Suggs with the injury hold up? If Wilson can run then Eli will eat up Cary Williams and the secondary. I see a long day for the defense if our O-line can't spring Rice and let Joe have time to pass. I fear the Giants will need and want this one more BUT home,our house might inspire a Raven end to our streak. GO STEAL-ers !!

@axisofeeble If the Mayans were such great prognosticators, then they failed to write about or predict their own strange mass disappearance.

Also the Mayans failed to predict that Flacco would not get signed to a long term deal last offseason.

All 2012 nonsense aside - The #1 Ravens problem, lack of the fu manchu mustache.

As long as this game has a different result than the last time they played the Giants, then I'm not overly worried. Can't wait for the black jerseys to come back out too.

I'd be very happy if Flacco's career paralleled Eli's, 2 SB Wins sounds pretty nice right about now. Why not?! If Eli can do it Flacco can imo.

[quote name='propjoe' timestamp='1356029122' post='1271838']
@axisofeeble If the Mayans were such great prognosticators, then they failed to write about or predict their own strange mass disappearance.

Also the Mayans failed to predict that Flacco would not get signed to a long term deal last offseason.

All 2012 nonsense aside - The #1 Ravens problem, lack of the fu manchu mustache.
[/quote]Hell yeah! What happened to the fu manchu??

Everyone hating on Ed Reed... I cant wait until he single handedly wins us a game sometime in the next 2 weeks or in the playoffs and everyone will go back to loving him. This fan base is seriously a joke. The man has 4 interceptions... leading the team... while he has a torn shoulder labrum and a nerve impingement in his neck that could potentially paralyze him and he is STILL better than every free safety in the NFL not named Earl Thomas or Jairus Byrd.

[quote name='thunderroach' timestamp='1356032476' post='1271897']
The difference is 2 SB wins vs 0(and 52 fumbles)!
[/quote] joe doesn't have 52 fumbles whatever site your using for statistics is grossly wrong or your just running off on a tantrum rant and making stuff up

[quote name='CxM_27' timestamp='1356033218' post='1271913']
Their play may be the same but, Flacco doesnt deserve to be compared to Eli
[/quote] the biggest thing they have in common is they don't get any credit at all for anything . eli has surpassed his brother in superbowl wins and his is barely talked about . eli is the better qb at any rate

[quote name='Waka Flocka Flacco' timestamp='1356030469' post='1271863']
I'd be very happy if Flacco's career paralleled Eli's, 2 SB Wins sounds pretty nice right about now. Why not?! If Eli can do it Flacco can imo.
[/quote] i think flacco is more then capable whether he does or not is another story i would love to see us win one superbowl .

In this game i predict Eli will pick Cary apart and Cary will complain and act 'tough'the entire game, as he has all season against WR's

This belongs in the same conversation as the issue with classifying "elite" vs non elite. Some use stats, some use rings. Meaning until people use the same measuring stick then the conversation will never end. In baltimore, most fans tend to use the ring measure based on what I am reading. If people could walk around gloating with 1 or 2 lombardi trophy patches on their coat, shirt, hat, etc then they probably wouldn't care if Joe threw on average 5 less TD's, 5 more interceptions a year with a worse rating and less wins.

[quote name='RavensFanThick&Thin' timestamp='1356033828' post='1271939']
This belongs in the same conversation as the issue with classifying "elite" vs non elite. Some use stats, some use rings. Meaning until people use the same measuring stick then the conversation will never end. In baltimore, most fans tend to use the ring measure based on what I am reading. If people could walk around gloating with 1 or 2 lombardi trophy patches on their coat, shirt, hat, etc then they probably wouldn't care if Joe threw on average 5 less TD's, 5 more interceptions a year with a worse rating and less wins.
[/quote]

Word!

We'll get a little satisfaction after Sunday knowing we can beat at least one Manning brother.

Joe cannot have the ball in his hands no longer than 4 seconds or they will get to him! Hey Joe, you gotta "BALL SO HARD"! Let Joe Run the "O"!