77 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,804 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

The Ravens strong safety said the Ravens have been exposed and threw away their lead.

View the full article

#2 steelraven

steelraven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

That's why I like Pollard, he doesn't sugar coat anything, he tells it like it is.

#3 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:40 AM

That was a surprise, a lot of Ravens are speaking out with frustration just like us fans are. Is there a way to fix our issues by Play Off time ? I am not sure and am certainly not even remotely smart enough to see the fixes. We have a lot of holes and not enough players with the talent/drive we need at this point. Every week we lose another major part of our team and even some that have gained starting roles and started contributing have went down. This is a very tough spot. Just play to your best ability guys thats all we can ask.

#4 heycuf

heycuf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

I pray the rest of the team read,listened,& feel the same.Bottom line,just do what we do,baby,and everything will be alright.But we Have to get that "Fire&Desire"back.

#5 ibleedpurpleandblack

ibleedpurpleandblack

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,708 posts

hmmmmm, even Pollard realizes stuff ain't right with the team and if they continue down the same path the playoff's will not be what they and the fans with blinders want it to be...I guess it's just too hard for people to admit the reality of the current situation...

#6 KidNme

KidNme

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Oh boy, this could be good.....this could be bad. Depends on how his locker mates respond.
I'm hoping they are all holding each other accountable. Not many "wake up calls" left this season.

#7 NCMan

NCMan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

I like the way Pollard plays and hope he gets healthy fast. We need him back. But, no news here. I hope the Ravens have alot of mirrors in the clubhouse so some (quite a few) can look in them to see who needs to step it up. Still, overall, I feel the coaching staff needs to take a look also. Either they get it fixed or they're one and done. Hope they get it figured out and soon.

#8 Dr. Death

Dr. Death

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

I love this guy.

Haven't been able to make up my mind all year. I usually add a new jersey every year and this year can't decide between Leech or Pollard. Guess I'll flip a coin.... or wait till after the season and get both and then be covered for next year too.

Sorry, this had nothing to do with anything I guess.

#9 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,637 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

That's why I like Pollard, he doesn't sugar coat anything, he tells it like it is.

same here!

~Mili

@Mili

mili1.png

"Hunt!  Hunt!  Hunt!  Keep Hunting!  Until You Put'em on Your Wall!"

- Ray Lewis

#10 axisofeeble

axisofeeble

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

Anyone notice that when most big pass plays against the Ravens are completed we fans can mostly see #29 with his back to the QB,easily identified to the TV audience chasing the reciever into the endzone? A pass rush would make a difference but how did this guy turn down a contract extension earlier this year? Still Joe Flacco is in the playoffs for his 5th consecutive year which other 1st round QB has done that?.

#11 HoustonRaven

HoustonRaven

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

We got 2 games to get it right. Am I worried right now, a little but we are banged up all over the place. Lets win this division, get everyone back healthy for the Playoffs, and make this run for New Orleans

#12 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

i think if more players took some personal responsibility *cough* reed, williams *cough* things could change . if pollard does anger his teammates maybe it will spark a change no one likes to be called out for poor performance .

#13 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,233 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

It seems that C. Williams is not turning around in time to make a play on 85% of the passes thrown his way. Also, Oher is getting spun around like a revolving door on 25% of the rushes. He looks like a matador out there at LT. Here they come again, Joe, duck and cover.

#14 Joe Flacco is #1

Joe Flacco is #1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

you cant sound off when u didnt play Come on man.

#15 steelcityraven

steelcityraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

MCPHEE-NGATA -KRUEGER-RAY-MCCLAIN-ELLERBEE-SUGGS-WEBB-JIMMY-ED-POLLARD-
They have all missed time with or played with a significant injuy this season
and in most cases BOTH!

THat is 11 defensive starters!11
THis week... we expect McPHEE -NGATA-KRUEGER-ELLERBEE -RAY- SUGGS-JIMMY-ED and POLLARD to play. THat is 9 of our 11 defensive starters?

Even if Ray dont play... we are looking at 8 of our starters being as healthy as they have been all year? IDK

If we cant come out and play with that we need to start to consider if PEAS has a future with us??? Almost all teams have a player or two out this time of year...

when we had 6 or 7 Defensive players out... we cant expct too much... but now that we are starting to get healthy (and have fresh legs) we need to start to show some progress and consistency!

#16 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

@llwillow1231...I think all the Ravens are taking responsibility for their play. They are all mature enough to look at themselves first, and just generalize the the problems the entire team faces. I haven't read anything that would suggest players are really blaming other players, it's all in how you interpret what they are saying. I'm sure they all are feeling the same way, that they are not playing well as a team. There are a lot of leaders on this team but everyone recognizes the frustration at this point. They will get the ship righted, hopefully on Sunday.

#17 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

hmmmmm, even Pollard realizes ish ain't right with the team and if they continue down the same path the playoff's will not be what they and the fans with blinders want it to be...I guess it's just too hard for people to admit the reality of the current situation...

Never, in my 40-plus years of watching, first, our Colts, then Stallions, and now Ravens have I seen a team decimated by so may key injuries on one unit, and still play with big heart and pride!
Towels? We don't need no stinkin' towels!

#18 Bigdrew812

Bigdrew812

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

It seems that C. Williams is not turning around in time to make a play on 85% of the passes thrown his way. Also, Oher is getting spun around like a revolving door on 25% of the rushes. He looks like a matador out there at LT. Here they come again, Joe, duck and cover.

Cary Williams is our best corner ATM, yes he has gotten beat , but most of the time hes right there making the play. Last week against Peyton, he had many deflections and the one play he got beat deep Ed Reed even said he didnt see the double move , so he was supposed to be over the top. I dunno cant blame anytihng on him , Ravens need to sign him after this year he is going to be getting even better.

#19 NCMan

NCMan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

@CapoRocky....I agree. The Giants have one of, if not the best pass rushers (as a unit) in the NFL. Hey, Atlanta did. Perhaps watch some game film and do what they did? I know thats a crazy idea, but...Hope our coaching staff figures out a way to deal w/it or it'll once again be a long day for our OL and statue of a QB. Hope Caldwell doesn't simply imitate Cam again and actually calls a good game. One can hope.....

#20 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:23 AM

@llwillow1231...I think all the Ravens are taking responsibility for their play. They are all mature enough to look at themselves first, and just generalize the the problems the entire team faces. I haven't read anything that would suggest players are really blaming other players, it's all in how you interpret what they are saying. I'm sure they all are feeling the same way, that they are not playing well as a team. There are a lot of leaders on this team but everyone recognizes the frustration at this point. They will get the ship righted, hopefully on Sunday.

i never said anything about blaming each other i said "taking personal responsibility" there's a difference and i don't agree that they all are . i'm probably one of the biggest supportor's this team has I have not heard one o- line person say we need to keep joe upright so the fans media etc will stop throwing him under the bus for our poor play . that was my point i have no doubt we will play better and win this thing I have said that since day one of the season .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users