Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Bernard Pollard Sounds Off

84 posts in this topic

The Ravens strong safety said the Ravens have been exposed and threw away their lead.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Bernard-Pollard-Sounds-Off/c631ec51-d8d6-47b4-aba9-eebe366214d5]View the full article[/url]

That was a surprise, a lot of Ravens are speaking out with frustration just like us fans are. Is there a way to fix our issues by Play Off time ? I am not sure and am certainly not even remotely smart enough to see the fixes. We have a lot of holes and not enough players with the talent/drive we need at this point. Every week we lose another major part of our team and even some that have gained starting roles and started contributing have went down. This is a very tough spot. Just play to your best ability guys thats all we can ask.

I pray the rest of the team read,listened,& feel the same.Bottom line,just do what we do,baby,and everything will be alright.But we Have to get that "Fire&Desire"back.

hmmmmm, even Pollard realizes stuff ain't right with the team and if they continue down the same path the playoff's will not be what they and the fans with blinders want it to be...I guess it's just too hard for people to admit the reality of the current situation...

Oh boy, this could be good.....this could be bad. Depends on how his locker mates respond.
I'm hoping they are all holding each other accountable. Not many "wake up calls" left this season.

I like the way Pollard plays and hope he gets healthy fast. We need him back. But, no news here. I hope the Ravens have alot of mirrors in the clubhouse so some (quite a few) can look in them to see who needs to step it up. Still, overall, I feel the coaching staff needs to take a look also. Either they get it fixed or they're one and done. Hope they get it figured out and soon.

I love this guy.

Haven't been able to make up my mind all year. I usually add a new jersey every year and this year can't decide between Leech or Pollard. Guess I'll flip a coin.... or wait till after the season and get both and then be covered for next year too.

Sorry, this had nothing to do with anything I guess.

[quote name='steelraven' timestamp='1356017936' post='1271590']
That's why I like Pollard, he doesn't sugar coat anything, he tells it like it is.
[/quote]

same here!

~Mili

Anyone notice that when most big pass plays against the Ravens are completed we fans can mostly see #29 with his back to the QB,easily identified to the TV audience chasing the reciever into the endzone? A pass rush would make a difference but how did this guy turn down a contract extension earlier this year? Still Joe Flacco is in the playoffs for his 5th consecutive year which other 1st round QB has done that?.

We got 2 games to get it right. Am I worried right now, a little but we are banged up all over the place. Lets win this division, get everyone back healthy for the Playoffs, and make this run for New Orleans

i think if more players took some personal responsibility *cough* reed, williams *cough* things could change . if pollard does anger his teammates maybe it will spark a change no one likes to be called out for poor performance .

It seems that C. Williams is not turning around in time to make a play on 85% of the passes thrown his way. Also, Oher is getting spun around like a revolving door on 25% of the rushes. He looks like a matador out there at LT. Here they come again, Joe, duck and cover.

MCPHEE-NGATA -KRUEGER-RAY-MCCLAIN-ELLERBEE-SUGGS-WEBB-JIMMY-ED-POLLARD-
They have all missed time with or played with a significant injuy this season
and in most cases BOTH!

THat is 11 defensive starters!11
THis week... we expect McPHEE -NGATA-KRUEGER-ELLERBEE -RAY- SUGGS-JIMMY-ED and POLLARD to play. THat is 9 of our 11 defensive starters?

Even if Ray dont play... we are looking at 8 of our starters being as healthy as they have been all year? IDK

If we cant come out and play with that we need to start to consider if PEAS has a future with us??? Almost all teams have a player or two out this time of year...

when we had 6 or 7 Defensive players out... we cant expct too much... but now that we are starting to get healthy (and have fresh legs) we need to start to show some progress and consistency!

@llwillow1231...I think all the Ravens are taking responsibility for their play. They are all mature enough to look at themselves first, and just generalize the the problems the entire team faces. I haven't read anything that would suggest players are really blaming other players, it's all in how you interpret what they are saying. I'm sure they all are feeling the same way, that they are not playing well as a team. There are a lot of leaders on this team but everyone recognizes the frustration at this point. They will get the ship righted, hopefully on Sunday.

[quote name='ibleedpurpleandblack' timestamp='1356018093' post='1271596']
hmmmmm, even Pollard realizes ish ain't right with the team and if they continue down the same path the playoff's will not be what they and the fans with blinders want it to be...I guess it's just too hard for people to admit the reality of the current situation...
[/quote]

Never, in my 40-plus years of watching, first, our Colts, then Stallions, and now Ravens have I seen a team decimated by so may key injuries on one unit, and still play with big heart and pride!

[quote name='CapoRocky' timestamp='1356018938' post='1271614']
It seems that C. Williams is not turning around in time to make a play on 85% of the passes thrown his way. Also, Oher is getting spun around like a revolving door on 25% of the rushes. He looks like a matador out there at LT. Here they come again, Joe, duck and cover.
[/quote]

Cary Williams is our best corner ATM, yes he has gotten beat , but most of the time hes right there making the play. Last week against Peyton, he had many deflections and the one play he got beat deep Ed Reed even said he didnt see the double move , so he was supposed to be over the top. I dunno cant blame anytihng on him , Ravens need to sign him after this year he is going to be getting even better.

@CapoRocky....I agree. The Giants have one of, if not the best pass rushers (as a unit) in the NFL. Hey, Atlanta did. Perhaps watch some game film and do what they did? I know thats a crazy idea, but...Hope our coaching staff figures out a way to deal w/it or it'll once again be a long day for our OL and statue of a QB. Hope Caldwell doesn't simply imitate Cam again and actually calls a good game. One can hope.....

[quote name='iluvpurple' timestamp='1356019874' post='1271641']
@llwillow1231...I think all the Ravens are taking responsibility for their play. They are all mature enough to look at themselves first, and just generalize the the problems the entire team faces. I haven't read anything that would suggest players are really blaming other players, it's all in how you interpret what they are saying. I'm sure they all are feeling the same way, that they are not playing well as a team. There are a lot of leaders on this team but everyone recognizes the frustration at this point. They will get the ship righted, hopefully on Sunday.
[/quote] i never said anything about blaming each other i said "taking personal responsibility" there's a difference and i don't agree that they all are . i'm probably one of the biggest supportor's this team has I have not heard one o- line person say we need to keep joe upright so the fans media etc will stop throwing him under the bus for our poor play . that was my point i have no doubt we will play better and win this thing I have said that since day one of the season .

[quote name='CapoRocky' timestamp='1356018938' post='1271614']
[/quote] i agree about oher, however williams i think is getting hung out to dry allot by busted coverages from other players . i see improvement in him the past few weeks . but he could play better

Defense banged up, Flacco turning the ball over is a recipe for nasty cookies. Offense keep the ball and score points until the defense is out of the hospital. This years success is pointed at the strong side, the offense. The team is as strong as they are...

My problem with this is that it is a defensive player who is saying it. We, the fans, all know that this team's problem resides with the offense as a unit-- the defense is old and most of the players on that side are hurt. Injuries happen and teams have to deal with them, but the Ravens defense has dealt with more than what most consider "fair share". The offense is largely unscathed; they need to pick it up. They need to speak up and say it is on them to bail the team out when the defense can't do it anymore, because clearly if the defense was healthy they'll be out there hiding the inadequacies of this stagnant offense.

@roamingcharges......I think thats exactly what Pollard was saying, as diplomatically as he could.

Reality check---Losers spout off, our Ravens are losing,not losers so stop the chatter&the boos and get on with a trying season for team&fans alike. Ray's 2nd Super Bowl ring is not impossible but is improable without some innovation on offense and determination on defense and a little 4th and 29 luck and skill.Stop talking,start doing. Good Luck Ravens "we" believe in this team. GO RAVENS !!

The defense holds up just enough then get exposed by our own offense right after the turnovers. In my Pollard voice, "stop turning the ball over".

The defense is decimated for sure and they have been quite poor this season even when the starters have been there. We just don't have the personel to get this thing on track.

Players are underperforming and even if we do get players back it doesn't mean they are "healthy". They are probably 80% or less. Suggs is probably 70%. He is trying his best but he is obviously not fully recovered.

The offense has been stymied by poor o-line play. The Michael Oher experiment at Left Tackle is a complete FAIL.

Flacco has been sucking and I don't know if he can step up. His throws are inaccurate-either high or behind receivers. He does not lead receivers very well. Every now and then he makes a beautiful pass but he just isn't consistent. It is maddening.

We have receivers dropping passes, even ones that should be caught.

Rice has been playing well but he can't touch the ball every play.

This team has become a giant mess.

Gut check time Pollard? That is player speak for everyone sucks around you. You can't fix all these issues 3 days before a game or 2 weeks before playoffs.

The Ravens should be looking like a complete team such as the Broncos at this time if the season. They looked like that last season and the year before that.
Now? Not so much Pollard. You can't fix talent and injuries. I like what he said but c'mon. It has got to be overwhelming for everyone in that locker room.

I would like for Reed to just sit in center field and take away the deep pass. Let the corners jump routes and not worry about getting beat deep. If they do a double move so be it because Reed is out there, stop jumping routes Reed and let the corners do that for now. Protect the defensive backfield.

The defense wasn't playing all that well early in the season when most players were healthy. But, if we had a good Offense, which we haven't, it takes alot of the burden of the Defense and at least gives them a chance to catch their breath. Having a hurry up three and out offense all year sure is a recipe for failure. We have so many issues to deal with, there is no easy fix. At this point, all we can hope for is some good playcalling on Offense which helps to give the Defense a break. I also say give up on the hurry up three and out, which we have perfected lately.