93 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,537 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:05 AM

Ravens flirting with fine? McKinnie thinks he could make a difference. Peyton advises Eli.

View the full article

#2 TheRavengers

TheRavengers

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

I'm really sick of hearing about everyone being fined for every little thing.

#3 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,865 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

IMHO, I would like to see McKinnie back at Left Tackle. Not that he is our future, just that we were better last year with him in the lineup.

#4 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

Play Big Mac...Play Big Mac...Play Big Mac...Play Big Mac...Play Big Mac...Play Big Mac...etc!!

#5 akacrow

akacrow

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

No thanks to Norv Turner.

#6 NCMan

NCMan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

Turner is indeed a great OC, but the odds of us landing him are probably small. We can only wish. I have my doubts about Caldwell long term. Guess we'll see.....

#7 mason85

mason85

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

Put McKinnie in or Oher is going to get Joe hurt. Oher stinks at LT he needs to be moved back to the right.

#8 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

I would love to see mckinnie come back i would love to know why he can't play anymore a couple million to warm the bench makes no sense to me . I always feel good about my ravens i don't need a sports pundit to give me any reason to . sorry eli you can call the football gods your losing this week time for our boys to stop playing around and handle there business.

#9 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

"Hensley didn't give a reason behind his opinion."

Of course he didn't. Why should a "journalist" need to provide evidence to support their stance? Ridiculous.

#10 NCMan

NCMan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

@balfan23......I agree. An opinion is just that and worth what we paid for it. Zip. His opinion is just like all of our opinions. Sometimes I wonder how they manage to get paid for what they do. Wonder if they're hiring.....hmmmm...

#11 roamingcharges

roamingcharges

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

Having been one of Joe Flacco's strongest critics for most of his career, I would like to think I've been objective about it but that is not for me to judge. All that being said, I believe Flacco bounces back the rest of the games this season (however many that will be). The reason is that in the past few days Joe has done something he seldom, almost never, did in his career-- he owned the struggles of the offense. Any well meaning Ravens fan should be encouraged by this, and pull for the guy to succeed.

As much as Joe looked aloof on the sidelines or in games, he never seemed to put any pressure on himself-- much like the quarterback he faces on Sunday, Eli Manning, but the difference was that Eli almost always took the brunt of the criticism for the Giants' struggles and accepted it. With that came an innate desire to improve that much more (fingers held about two inches apart, cue Jim Caldwell). I believe Flacco made a major change over this past week, and the impact is yet to play out; but I hope it materializes immediately. The man who always referred to his play as "the offense's play" took total responsibility for the struggles of the Ravens on offense.

Such statements don't only have a propensity to improve Flacco's individual play, they often force the other players around him to face the guilt associated with someone else taking the bad rap for their own combined inadequacies. The receivers are forced to internally face their drops and lazy routes, the linemen may internalize their poor blocking and footwork, the backs may think twice about their subpar line reads and cuts. I think this makes the offense better overall, but it starts with the quarterback and rightfully so.

Regardless of what happens the next few games, I believe the Ravens will sign Joe Flacco to a long term deal. I earnestly hope Flacco and his representatives are sensible enough to understand that the man's health is as important as the contents of his wallet-- if not more important. If they go for the jugular; asking for the maximum contract Flacco can get because they know the Ravens are in somewhat of a bind, then they impede the team's ability to sign better linemen to protect Flacco while he plays out his monster contract. In the end he may turn out like Mike Vick; $100M contract with no linemen to block for you and then injury after injury the team is faced with no choice but to cut you after the guaranteed part of that "fools gold" deal is up and you are damaged goods. Flacco should do what Ray Rice did (and Ray is a better player, pound for pound), take a respectable deal that puts you in good range for your ability and production and leave something on the table to sign better players to put around you to keep you healthy and productive.

#12 jravens13

jravens13

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

I think Norv would be a better play caller than Caldwell, but there has to be someone better than that out there....

#13 Ravens4Liife

Ravens4Liife

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

Honestly, I'd love to see Norv Turner come to Baltimore as our OC. Turner is a great offensive mind, knows how to scheme and knows how to use his weapons. He's not a very good HC, but when it comes to offense, he is one of the best. I've always liked Andy Reid, but I think his coaching career is done. He hasn't been the same the last few years, and after the passing of his son, he just doesn't seem to be all in the game, not that I could really blame him.

#14 Waka Flocka Flacco

Waka Flocka Flacco

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

Norv says he'd be willing to be a coordinator, wouldn't like to take a year off from coaching and would like to go to a winner ... How does that eliminate him from OC conversation JH?

Edited by Grapple Raven, 20 December 2012 - 12:25 PM.
Profanity

#15 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,216 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

I really think that only only way to end the losing streak is to shake things up. Pull Hamilton up from the practice squad and rest Suggs for the playoffs. Give Williams a few reps at wideout. Let Allen run for at least 6 to 8 carries but please don't throw him any passes. Shuffle the offensive line again. Let McKinnie earn his paycheck for the next 2 games. I was totally against Oher at LT and boy was I right. Let's not take any chances on the Giants ending Flacco's season.

#16 KidNme

KidNme

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

Wow. Mckinnie you must have really ticked someone off!
We've heard he's lazy but that can't be the whole story. He must have told someone to stick it where the sun don't shine :-)
Say you're sorry Bryant and get out there and help this team!

#17 axisofeeble

axisofeeble

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

Remember where you heard it first. Caldwell will become a head coach in the NFL before Turner or Reid get hired in B-mo. Harbaugh never wanted to dump Cam but the "statue" in the pocket Cameron offensive scheme is dated just like blaming Joe for a young O-line and a 24th ranked aging injured defense. Two of the last three games our Ravens had leads that the defense gave up to long drives and if you go back to the STEALers game a guy the same age as Ray Lewis baffled our Dean Pees tweaked "D". The offense & the defense as a team are very average. You root for the team as a whole you have on the field not the team you wish you had on the field.I'll be rooting for the Steelers at home on Sunday that will be once in my life I rooted for "them". Where's Sergio Kindle? Why can't he make this roster?

#18 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,242 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

Add my name to the "Bring Norv to Baltimore" list!

Interesting, eh, that there are no articles, not one that says "Cam's available"! Just one last kick of a dead horse! S'cuse me!

#19 akacrow

akacrow

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

Norv Turner runs the same offense as Cam, slow developing, predictable. Why would anyone want to continue down the path of mediocrity?

#20 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,242 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

I think Norv would be a better play caller than Caldwell, but there has to be someone better than that out there....

With Norv Turner in the Nest, Jim Caldwell can go back to fixing what Cam screwed up with Joe E-Lite!
Towels? We don't need no stinkin' towels!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users