Ravens-Texans      Joe Flacco      Schedule   

Photo

It's time to get back to Ravens Football

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#1 DocMartin

DocMartin

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:46 AM

After 3 weeks of watching Ravens beating themselves, it's time to return to Ravens Football. Our Offense is trying to do too much and its not getting anywhere. Keep in mind Ravens will be in playoffs, so the only question is, will it be #4 seed or #6 seed. Therefore, here is Doc Martin with the revolutionary idea game plan against Giants - RUN THE BALL ON THEM, 1st down, 2nd down, 3rd down RUN THE BALL!
I don't care if the people boo or we are down 20-0, RUN THE BALL.
Pass interference is the worst penalty in football.

If you poke somebody's eyeball out, you get a a 15-yard penalty.

If you make "contact" with the receiver, it could be 60 yards

(70 yards if you have QB Joe Flacco) and an automatic 1st down.

Makes a lot of sense.

Welcome to the new NFL.

#2 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,231 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:37 AM

We can't run the ball either... Our oline is putrid, and it will be even harder to run when there's 8 or 9 in the box.

Idiotic game plan.

You need a healthy mix. And the oline to execute. Rice has also, minus a few plays, been the worst he's ever been in a ravens uniform.

#3 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:06 AM

After 3 weeks of watching Ravens beating themselves, it's time to return to Ravens Football. Our Offense is trying to do too much and its not getting anywhere. Keep in mind Ravens will be in playoffs, so the only question is, will it be #4 seed or #6 seed. Therefore, here is Doc Martin with the revolutionary idea game plan against Giants - RUN THE BALL ON THEM, 1st down, 2nd down, 3rd down RUN THE BALL!
I don't care if the people boo or we are down 20-0, RUN THE BALL.

Sorry accidentally gave you a plus, wanted to give you a neg. lol
Rice has been terrible as of late (due in part to the crappy O-line), if it's 3rd and long, you obviously need to pass. (Sorry Cam.)

The Raven, on 03 Jan 2012-624 PM, said:

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

Malkavian Raven, on 4 June 2014, said: "Display's off his meds again. Alert the white coats with the butterfly nets."

#4 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,761 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

Who scares you more? Rice/Pierce/Leach or Flacco?
Posted Image

#5 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,231 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

Who scares you more? Rice/Pierce/Leach or Flacco?

right now neither.

#6 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,761 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

right now neither.

Ha, meant who scares us (the Ravens) more? Meaning who is failing at a higher rate at this time? Flacco is the answer.
Posted Image

#7 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:15 AM

RIP to the Ravens' vaunted defense... They're going to have a lot of shoes to fill once their veterans retire in the next couple seasons. Someone will have to pick up Lewis' mantle and assume some major leadership responsibilities.
<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

#8 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,476 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

As long as Joe doesn't turn over the ball, we will win the football; run/pass is based on what given defense. From here on, our O-line need to step up big both for the pass or run....
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#9 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,231 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

Ha, meant who scares us (the Ravens) more? Meaning who is failing at a higher rate at this time? Flacco is the answer.

but at the same time the run game won't win us a game. Our defense just isn't good enough to count on the run.

#10 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,761 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

but at the same time the run game won't win us a game. Our defense just isn't good enough to count on the run.

Cant disagree with that. Was just stating that Flacco with the ball in his hands scares me more than one of our runners with the ball in their hands.
Posted Image

#11 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,231 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

Cant disagree with that. Was just stating that Flacco with the ball in his hands scares me more than one of our runners with the ball in their hands.

it also excites me more, and proves our best chance of getting a score. This is why we watch and aren't coaches haha

#12 Desert

Desert

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

RIP to the Ravens' vaunted defense... They're going to have a lot of shoes to fill once their veterans retire in the next couple seasons. Someone will have to pick up Lewis' mantle and assume some major leadership responsibilities.

They are all retired on the job now, Running around dragging their blown up arms, and shoulders collecting big paychecks.

If your hurt stay off the field, If you run out of DB's put Tyrod Taylor back there. At least he's fast enough to keep up.

Desert

#13 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

I do believe what the Ravens were trying to do was what they thought was the best direction to head but the fact is that Ravens Football is not a Flashy high scoring franchise and we never have been and we had good success and i think when we tried to be a fast paced score from any point on the field type of club we went very wrong. I might not even say wrong. We went at it at to fast of a pace not really having all the things we needed to run a successful fast paced offense.

I think we need to take a step back and get back to ball control and a sound defense which i think is a good base for any type of offense. We let our gaurd down by not keeping key players as we thought others might developer faster then they are. I hate to say it but i miss the Ground and Pound game we used to play. I love a fast paced rhythm don't get me wrong i just do not think we are that type of team.

Stay Strong, Play Tough and Go Get Em Guys !!
This spot reserved for Super Bowl celebratory images !!

#14 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,231 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

I do believe what the Ravens were trying to do was what they thought was the best direction to head but the fact is that Ravens Football is not a Flashy high scoring franchise and we never have been and we had good success and i think when we tried to be a fast paced score from any point on the field type of club we went very wrong. I might not even say wrong. We went at it at to fast of a pace not really having all the things we needed to run a successful fast paced offense.

I think we need to take a step back and get back to ball control and a sound defense which i think is a good base for any type of offense. We let our gaurd down by not keeping key players as we thought others might developer faster then they are. I hate to say it but i miss the Ground and Pound game we used to play. I love a fast paced rhythm don't get me wrong i just do not think we are that type of team.

Stay Strong, Play Tough and Go Get Em Guys !!

stats are on the side of the fast paced up tempo offense. The difference is light and day. Tds scored, turnovers, yards per play, first downs etc are all better in the no huddle offense.

#15 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

stats are on the side of the fast paced up tempo offense. The difference is light and day. Tds scored, turnovers, yards per play, first downs etc are all better in the no huddle offense.

I am not saying the offense did not perform but we went all in and were just a couple of players being hurt to what we have today. We let our gaurd down on defense and played it way to thin. We put faith in draft picks that have not progressed yet while we let go of proven players and that left our defense vulnerable.

I am not trying to argue or even piss and moan i just think we could have did a bit more planning to see where our picks were before allowing vets to leave and then make a change. We just got caught with our pants down and now we pay the price buy not being able to get the defense off of the field because both sides are weak in key areas due to playing with a thin talent pool and a lot of injuries that took us all by surprise.

#16 Alexir

Alexir

Dark Wings, Dark Words

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,936 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:23 AM

Ravens football left when our lunch pail guys left (Grubbs, Redding, JJ)

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Rings don't lie.
PSN Alexir23

#17 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,231 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

I am not saying the offense did not perform but we went all in and were just a couple of players being hurt to what we have today. We let our gaurd down on defense and played it way to thin. We put faith in draft picks that have not progressed yet while we let go of proven players and that left our defense vulnerable.

I am not trying to argue or even piss and moan i just think we could have did a bit more planning to see where our picks were before allowing vets to leave and then make a change. We just got caught with our pants down and now we pay the price buy not being able to get the defense off of the field because both sides are weak in key areas due to playing with a thin talent pool and a lot of injuries that took us all by surprise.

we really had no choice, our hands were tie with rice being on the tag. I think Grubbs and redding have hurt us the most.

#18 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

we really had no choice, our hands were tie with rice being on the tag. I think Grubbs and redding have hurt us the most.

I kind of thought that but did not want to say it as i am still trying to get a real grip on cap stuff etc. I guess my whole point is mute and you are right. We have really been beaten up by the cap the last few years and maybe another year of the painful cap limitation. But i guess either have a cap or have the same bad issues that plague the MLB.

#19 TonyTone1192

TonyTone1192

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

Sad to say "Ravens football" has been absent just about all season long. We've seen glimpses of "Ravens football" this season but not on a consistent basis.

We need our o-line to be great against the best front 4 in all of football and we need our front 4 to generate some type of pressure on manning. It all starts up front in the trenches and our o/d-lines need to get it together.

Lastly we need a balanced attack. Not Joe trying to match eli throw for throw but we need Rice to have 22-27 touches and Joe 25-30 pass attempts.

bleed P U R P L E!

#20 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,634 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

Despite our bad run blocking is recent weeks, and arguably bad running by Rice and Pierce, I want to see a game plan this week that outs the game in the hands of the running backs. I have more faith in them right now than I do in Joe. That dline can rush the passer like nobody's business, but I don't think they're the best run stopping line. We'll be able to eat those guys up with screens and draws. I hate draws more than anything but I want to see some this week.