Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SecretAgentMan

Merged: Do You Still Have Faith In The Ravens?

42 posts in this topic

Do you people (friends, trolls, Cosmic Red Panda) honestly believe in this team? I do, but I am losing grip every week.. Part of it is the piss poor play of everyone really. The other part of it is you fans..... You seem to have let go, even three bad games in a row saying Flacco is not a capable starter in the NFL..... I mean honestly, I have been around since the Boller days and still did not lose hope. Now why am I? Why is this... Do not get me wrong, I am one of the biggest fans you will ever meet, I am Mr.Irrelevant, the one who makes so many posts, "The Raven" had to make a (hilarious I will admit) meme about me. But even I am starting to fade. My positive energy is out. Do you have the faith? I do, it is fading though.......................

Man, I've been around since the Bert Jones days lmao I remember when Elway insulted the Colts, the city of Baltimore and every football fan here. I cheered as he stunk it up, threw stuff at the TV when the Broncos won a SB and still can't stand the sight of the man's face. :)

I remember Modell making an offer to Irsay Jr. for the logo, name and legacy of the Baltimore Colts when he brought his team here. I remember how Irsay Jr spit in his face, and on the city of Baltimore, by laughing and asking for $50 million.

I was here without a team for more years than I care to count. I was waiting here on Day One, when we took our name, Ravens. I have watched this team struggle. I have watched this team succeed. I have heard us called thugs, and one of our own called murderer.

I burst with pride, and cried some for what was gone, when the Ravens brought that Lombardi to Baltimore. I rejoiced in the fact we accomplished that feat before Indy did.

I've sat through some bad seasons. I've watched some bad games.

But no matter what has come before, win or loss, each and every week, I believe we can win.

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1355979134' post='1271377']
I'll let you know on Sunday...
[/quote]
Thanks for the meme man.... I needed a new profile pic

I hoping we get healthy and the offense has been playing poorly due to trying out what works and what doesn't. I think we can still win it and even with your doubt I still you think they can win too. Health and hitting your stride at the right time. A little luck never hurts either.

[quote name='ravensdfan' timestamp='1355978822' post='1271376']
Man, I've been around since the Bert Jones days lmao I remember when Elway insulted the Colts, the city of Baltimore and every football fan here. I cheered as he stunk it up, threw stuff at the TV when the Broncos won a SB and still can't stand the sight of the man's face. :)

I remember Modell making an offer to Irsay Jr. for the logo, name and legacy of the Baltimore Colts when he brought his team here. I remember how Irsay Jr spit in his face, and on the city of Baltimore, by laughing and asking for $50 million.

I was here without a team for more years than I care to count. I was waiting here on Day One, when we took our name, Ravens. I have watched this team struggle. I have watched this team succeed. I have heard us called thugs, and one of our own called murderer.

I burst with pride, and cried some for what was gone, when the Ravens brought that Lombardi to Baltimore. I rejoiced in the fact we accomplished that feat before Indy did.

But no matter what has come before, win or loss, each and every week, I believe we can win.
[/quote]
Ladies and Gentlemen, this is a true fan! I was not around during the Elway days.... But Stanford produces damn good QB's

being a fan doesn't stop me from being a realist. I wouldn't blindly follow instruction from anyone without logically thinking it over, and thus I don't blindly assume the Ravens are in fine form when there are clearly glaring holes everywhere. Doesn't mean I hate the Ravens, I LOVE the Ravens, they're the reason I ever got to experience this game, when they do well, I vicariously live through their success for those 3 hours every sunday (or w.e day it is). But when they do poorly, It makes me so mad, because I know how good our players are as individuals, but sometimes putting it all together, amidst the ever changing line up due to injuries, can be harder than it looks. Changes need to be made, some players on this team have been given enough chances, and I'm not afraid to say it. Its a cut throat business, hard decisions are made by people like me, theres no room for emotional attachments in a cut throat business like the NFL, which is why our inability to fire Cam because he was a good friend of H's made us weak and we're paying the consequence, I would have never even hired that clown.

I still love the team but I've lost faith. I think we will be 9-7 in the playoffs. If I'm wrong I will man up to that. I don't want to be right especially this week because my whole family will assault me with giant talk. Blah. I was once unshakeable and razzed stealers fans even as we lost and watched them win two SBs. Those days are gone .... Not in the argument for best D in the league...haven't been for a min. My fav player will soon retire...#52. Horrible play calling, stupid coaching decisions (I would gladly explain), terrible play from a QB I was so thrilled to have being another guy from Jersey, misuse of my third favorite Raven of all time RR27. I could go on.... Point is...I've been broken. So much ineptitude and silly coaching has sapped my spirit. They broke me.....I'm just hanging on in the perfect storm of failure. We are in the middle of a desert and winning a SB is the only oasis for me.

2 other things.....I don't care of we make the playoffs 5,99876,78654211 times.... If we don't win so what...and everyone keeps hanging their hat on Joe outplaying Brady. So did Colin Kaepernick.....lets annoint him too. -__-

im sorta with you too. im usually a pretty positive guy with the ravens, but my confidence has gone down these last couple weeks. especially because there wasnt any good play from anyone... it just seems like the whole team is getting worse. hopefully like everyone is saying that we'll use this to motivate us, but ill believe when i see it

Man...I dont think we are a SB caliber team based on what I have seen so far this season. Too many injuries on defense and two much inconsistent play on offense. I think there is a chance this team still puts it all together and goes on a run, but the odds are slim.

The one thing that could save the season for me is if somehow the Oline starts playing out of their mind. Oher has had stretches of great play in the past and KO has done some good things as well. Maybe getting Yanda back will be the spark that is needed. All I know is if the line continues to look like it did against Denver we probably won't win another game.

There is alot of doom and gloom in here. I have not lost faith in this team! I have however, lost faith in our coach. This team looks terrible on Sunday's. We can't win a close game? SMH :bitenails:

People are just stuck. The same ones calling out others fandom. Check it out....yes we had the most dominate defense ever....yes The Wiz aka Ozzie made some excellent picks and found diamonds on the rough....yes we were a strong sound disciplined defense.

Believe it or not, things change, people fall off and it's time to go. It's just ridiculously hard for some people to believe these things can happen. We get on Stealers fans for living in the past always yelling got six and other annoying slogans when half their fanbase wasn't even alive for most of those rings.

All I'm saying is we have to accept the facts and deal in reality. We need to rebuild. We need to draft for need. We need to be aggressive and move up, stockpile picks etc. or we will be forever stuck living in the past as the modern day Bills of the 90's..... playoffs for umpteen years and never won the Lombardi.

[quote name='RBates' timestamp='1355984433' post='1271420']
There is alot of doom and gloom in here. I have not lost faith in this team! I have however, lost faith in our coach. This team looks terrible on Sunday's. We can't win a close game? SMH :bitenails:
[/quote]
We can't win a close game? We've been winning close games all season up until the past 3 weeks.

I really feel just the opposite of what you are saying. With all the injuries and issues this team has sustained over the course of the season, it's a small miracle that we will make the playoffs. It's pretty obvious we are getting by with smoke and mirrors. Making big plays in crucial situations and winning (for the most part) in the ST game and turnover margin. A lot of the credit goes to Harbaugh for keeping this team going and overcoming adversity and serious personnel issues.

Anything can happen in the playoffs. You can never predict what will happen in January. If we end up making the playoffs every year for the next 5-10 years, I will be happy because that's 5-10 shots at winning the SB. It's when we fall back into the 8-8 or 7-9 zone (or worse) where things start to fade and we need to reset.

We're so close under this regime, and this has easily been the toughest year mentally and physically for this team. I agree, moving up in the draft would be wise next April, although I wouldn't want to give up anything like what ATL gave up for Julio, and perhaps that has turned a lot of franchises off from trading up so high.

Of course I agree with building in the draft and what not, but I don't like the idea of pulling the plug when winning a ring is the [i]only[/i] thing this team has left to do.

Very good thread. What's been mentioned has been my feelings as well. Any team in any sport has only so long of a window in which a particular core of players can win it all. To me is seemed the door slammed shut with the Lee Evans play, The Cundiff miss was just insult added to injury, I thought. Coming so close so many times gets old when not even one of those times pays off (just ask any Bills fan). A lot of things need addressed during this off season, just like they've needed addressed the past few off-seasons and weren't.
I'm hoping for 11-5, but like stated in a post above, expecting 9-7. Regardless, the rest of the time we have in 2012 and these playoffs will have me along with the rest of you, standing tall and cheering on the Purple and Black, and come what may, will be there with you all for the 2013 campaign! Go Ravens!!

[i]I believe[/i] in the Ravens will turn this ship around and make the run.
[i]I believe[/i] in the front office. They have the right personnel for the job.
[i]I believe[/i] in the coaching staff & their ability to make the calls to put its players in the best position for success.
[i]I believe[/i] in the offense. They will gel and be a cohesive unit that will light up a scoreboard when it matters most.
[i]I believe[/i] in the defense. They always persevere, regardless of injuries and what the stats say.
[i]I believe [/i]in the kickoff and punt return teams. They are always a threat to take it to the house.
[i]I believe [/i]in the kicking game. They are clutch and quite capable of changing or putting a game out of reach.
[i]I believe [/i]now more than ever, the team needs our support in this time of adversity.
[i]I believe[/i] in the Ravens.

[i]What do you believe in?[/i]

[quote name='Dfence4champs2052' timestamp='1355986004' post='1271427']
People are just stuck. The same ones calling out others fandom. Check it out....yes we had the most dominate defense ever....yes The Wiz aka Ozzie made some excellent picks and found diamonds on the rough....yes we were a strong sound disciplined defense.

Believe it or not, things change, people fall off and it's time to go. It's just ridiculously hard for some people to believe these things can happen. We get on Stealers fans for living in the past always yelling got six and other annoying slogans when half their fanbase wasn't even alive for most of those rings.

All I'm saying is we have to accept the facts and deal in reality. We need to rebuild. We need to draft for need. We need to be aggressive and move up, stockpile picks etc. or we will be forever stuck living in the past as the modern day Bills of the 90's..... playoffs for umpteen years and never won the Lombardi.
[/quote]

I don't know. There are a number of reasons we make the playoffs consistently, but one of them is the way we approach the draft. Our defense is decimated by injuries and it is tough to play as a unit when you never field even close to the same 11 starters in a game. They've been giving up yards, but you have to admit, they haven't done too bad on points. And they are in the Top 5 for red zone defense.

I still say on the offensive side of the ball, now that Cam is gone, we need a real LT. Seriously, we do. And a Center to take over from Birk. If we can fix that O line, I think we'll see vast improvement on offense.

I guess to a point, yes, we do need to draft based on need. Because we need to fix the O line, we need a protegee for Lewis to mentor, I think Omar Brown might be Reed's protegee. If they'd give him a chance.

Rebuilding is for the teams like the Browns. You tweak when you are successful.

[quote name='JoeCool#5' timestamp='1355994681' post='1271458']
[i]What do you believe in?[/i]
[/quote]
I believe whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you ... Stranger

[quote name='codizzle' timestamp='1356005994' post='1271474']

I believe whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you ... Stranger
[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking.

I believe that children are the future - teach them well and let them lead the way......

Err wait. I believe I want to stop making excuses for Flacco. Dude has all the physical skills - just needs the mental to come into place (some blocking and play calling never hurts either).

[quote name='Dfence4champs2052' timestamp='1355986004' post='1271427']

[/quote]
Well said. This has been a rough year for the team, the focus needs to be on winning-however we can do it.
We'll fix our team up in the draft.

[quote name='black blood purple passion' timestamp='1355979713' post='1271386']
[u][i][b]being a fan doesn't stop me from being a realist. [/b][/i][/u]I wouldn't blindly follow instruction from anyone without logically thinking it over, and thus I don't blindly assume the Ravens are in fine form when there are clearly glaring holes everywhere. Doesn't mean I hate the Ravens, I LOVE the Ravens, they're the reason I ever got to experience this game, when they do well, I vicariously live through their success for those 3 hours every sunday (or w.e day it is). But when they do poorly, It makes me so mad, because I know how good our players are as individuals, but sometimes putting it all together, amidst the ever changing line up due to injuries, can be harder than it looks. Changes need to be made, some players on this team have been given enough chances, and I'm not afraid to say it. Its a cut throat business, hard decisions are made by people like me, theres no room for emotional attachments in a cut throat business like the NFL, which is why our inability to fire Cam because he was a good friend of H's made us weak and we're paying the consequence, I would have never even hired that clown.
[/quote]

^ this!

~Mili

i believe that i can fly...i believe that i can touch the sky. i think about it every night and day....spread my wings and fly away!

~Mili

We actually have a few things working in our favor.

1. Recent History- For some odd reason, at least one of the Super Bowl contestants over the past few years has been a team that has "backed" into the playoffs.

2. #1 is made possible, because you only have to win 3 games to get there. Some teams are able to put it together for a 3 game stretch, while others crack under the playoff pressure..IE how the JETS made 2 AFCC appearances in a row, and our sad loss to NE last year. You just never know what can happen in the playoffs.

We just have to hope that everyone who has been injured will be back and ready for the playoffs.. if we can get that then it may actually be an advantage because in theory we'll have a bunch of guys with pretty much fresh legs for the final push. Anyone who's an athlete knows how much of an advantage that can truly be.

As for the rest of the regular season, who knows how that will go? Honestly, I believe that we will still find a way to win the division, have a rivalry game in the WC round, blow our load winning that game and be humiliated the next week...different year, same old story.

Of course I still have faith. The Ravens have fought through a lot of adversity this season and will be rewarded once injured players, like Ray Lewis, start returning to the lineup. It might even end up helping the defense, given that the players coming back will be well rested and hungry to play again.

[quote name='ravensdfan' timestamp='1355978822' post='1271376']

[/quote]
I been there brother, and I feel like you do. Winning the Grey Cup took a little edge off the pain, but I a thankful for Art Modell for choosing Baltimore.

It's really hard to have faith in a team that has had so many lackluster performances recently.

Everyone keeps saying that it's all about getting hot at the right time. Do you think our team has the ability to get hot? I think we do have the ability, but I think it's more likely that we will continue to see the same kind of games that we've seen recently.

I hope I'm wrong - but our team just seems too badly damaged to be able to sustain going deep in the playoffs.

[quote name='gabefergy' timestamp='1355986603' post='1271430']
[b]We can't win a close game? We've been winning close games all season up until the past 3 weeks.[/b]

I really feel just the opposite of what you are saying. With all the injuries and issues this team has sustained over the course of the season, it's a small miracle that we will make the playoffs. It's pretty obvious we are getting by with smoke and mirrors. Making big plays in crucial situations and winning (for the most part) in the ST game and turnover margin. A lot of the credit goes to Harbaugh for keeping this team going and overcoming adversity and serious personnel issues.
[/quote]There are sixteen weeks in a season Gabe, and we lost the last three. i'm only concerned with what i'm seeing now. Harbaugh is just a manager and he is not very good at that. He is getting on my nerves. He has the whole team giving the old coaches speeches. I'm getting to the point i don't even listen to the pressers anymore.

[quote name='RBates' timestamp='1356029200' post='1271839']
There are sixteen weeks in a season Gabe, and we lost the last three. i'm only concerned with what i'm seeing now. Harbaugh is just a manager and he is not very good at that. He is getting on my nerves. He has the whole team giving the old coaches speeches. I'm getting to the point i don't even listen to the pressers anymore.
[/quote]

Thats how coaches are. Have you ever listened to an Andy Reid presser? Its the same line every week. I dont know what you mean by just a manager...thats what the HC is supposed to be. He manages his players, his coaches, the refs, the gameplans. I'm concerned that we lost the last 3 games as well and I think there have been some coaching mistakes along the way, but the players have to win the games on the field too. I just cant sit back and look at all that had gone wrong this season and lay much blame at the coaches feet.

at this point...i just want our boys (on both sides of the ball) to get their acts together and get this thing done....and to look "good" while they do it! i don't care about what the Packers did or what the Giants were able to do when they were in a similar situation as our Ravens. i care about what these Ravens have done this season and what they are capable of doing right now! the bottomline for me is that these Ravens have to man up and get it done for themselves! for 3 weeks straight..they have not demonstrated that they can close out teams and gain momentum heading into the playoffs. so, i refuse to be that "rah, rah, rah!" cat this week. for now...i will just enter into Sunday's game....as a Ravens fan....that is glad to see my Ravens on television again...."hoping" for a Ravens win....some way...some how!

~Mili

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1355979134' post='1271377']
I'll let you know on Sunday...
[/quote]

Hey, you are the sane one around here.

I think my faith is still there but as with everyone else here at times you wonder just who is running the ship in Ravens Camp. With that said i am now not sure if it is a lack of the coach's not getting through as the remaing players that are not hurt have given up or that with each week we lose someone else and there is always someone new coming in and we have not had a chance to play as a entire unit all year so we have never gotten into a rhythm.

I dont want to think the players have just given up but the 4th quarter last week was telling me that at least the defense has given up.

I love this team to death. It is my identity, my livelihood for almost half the year.
But for once in a long time, it just feels different. The team seems to have lost 'it'.
I see things being done to our team, that I haven't seen since the Billick years.

I honestly never thought we would lose 3 in a row, especially 2 at home. We are setting all kinds of records this year...but in a bad way.
Can we lose four in a row? Will we lose to both the Giants and Bengals? I honestly never thought I would have seen the first two happen this season...

I've never had faith in the Ravens or any other sports team for that matter. I have faith in God but I believe we will lose on Sunday and we will have to win the final game of the season in Cincy. However, what I believe and what any of you believe doesn't really matter. The most important thing now is what the players believe. If they still believe in themselves, they may win. If they no longer believe in themselves, they will not win. Based on their comments to the press lately, I'm not sure they still believe they can win.

Their misfortunes this year can be attributed, in large part, to injuries to key players but they are also due to complacency. Those back-up players who have filled in for injured starters have not "played like Ravens." They have played like ordinary football players. We are where we are because of our own ineptness. As my mother used to say, "A fox digs its own hole and then has to lay in it." We will see in the next two weeks just how much character this team has.

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Of course I have faith, and I'll continue to have faith in them, always.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]~ Cosmic[/i][/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]What kind of a stupid question is this?[/i][/font]

[quote name='gabefergy' timestamp='1356030120' post='1271859']
Thats how coaches are. Have you ever listened to an Andy Reid presser? Its the same line every week. I dont know what you mean by just a manager...thats what the HC is supposed to be. He manages his players, his coaches, the refs, the gameplans. I'm concerned that we lost the last 3 games as well and I think there have been some coaching mistakes along the way, but the players have to win the games on the field too. I just cant sit back and look at all that had gone wrong this season and lay much blame at the coaches feet.
[/quote]Harbs is still learning how to manage players and the game. This is his fifth year in the role also. Just Once i would like to see us call a timeout and come out in the right play, Instead of taking timeouts in the half with us, like we can use them in the second half.....smh
I'm not blaming it all on him. I'm just going on record as saying i don't like him as head coach. 5 straight playoff appearances seems to get you a lot of leverage in this new game.

[quote name='RBates' timestamp='1356065201' post='1272376']
Harbs is still learning how to manage players and the game. This is his fifth year in the role also. Just Once i would like to see us call a timeout and come out in the right play, Instead of taking timeouts in the half with us, like we can use them in the second half.....smh
I'm not blaming it all on him. I'm just going on record as saying i don't like him as head coach. 5 straight playoff appearances seems to get you a lot of leverage in this new game.
[/quote]
Fair enough. You dont have to like the guy. The way I see it though 5 straight playoff appearances should get you a lot of leverage considering he is the only coach who has been able to accomplish that feat during that span.

[quote name='gabefergy' timestamp='1356066328' post='1272384']
Fair enough. You dont have to like the guy. The way I see it though 5 straight playoff appearances should get you a lot of leverage considering he is the only coach who has been able to accomplish that feat during that span.
[/quote]I respect your opinion. I just can't let a coach get a pass because of five straight playoff appearances. I've seen plenty of mistakes from him this year and years previous. The best decision he made all year was firing Cundiff and keeping Tucker, and we all might of had something to do with that. All im saying is if it doesn't work this year clean house. " I'm tired of fixing stuff". I'm tired of "this is a tough physical football team". "We fought hard" just came up a little short. Hats off to so and so. Blah, blah, blah. I'm really tired of the speeches, before being asked a question in the pressers.

[quote name='RBates' timestamp='1356067293' post='1272390']
I respect your opinion. I just can't let a coach get a pass because of five straight playoff appearances. I've seen plenty of mistakes from him this year and years previous. The best decision he made all year was firing Cundiff and keeping Tucker, and we all might of had something to do with that. All im saying is if it doesn't work this year clean house. " I'm tired of fixing stuff". I'm tired of "this is a tough physical football team". "We fought hard" just came up a little short. Hats off to so and so. Blah, blah, blah. I'm really tired of the speeches, before being asked a question in the pressers.
[/quote]

He definitely comes off as arrogant at times and rubs me the wrong way too. For me though, I cant argue with the results. Yeah, I know he has worked with a talented team, but all we have to do is drive 90 miles up route 95 and see that talent doesnt always translate to wins.