Ravens at Texans      Roster      Game Rewind   

Photo

Merged: Do You Still Have Faith In The Ravens?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#1 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

Do you people (friends, trolls, Cosmic Red Panda) honestly believe in this team? I do, but I am losing grip every week.. Part of it is the piss poor play of everyone really. The other part of it is you fans..... You seem to have let go, even three bad games in a row saying Flacco is not a capable starter in the NFL..... I mean honestly, I have been around since the Boller days and still did not lose hope. Now why am I? Why is this... Do not get me wrong, I am one of the biggest fans you will ever meet, I am Mr.Irrelevant, the one who makes so many posts, "The Raven" had to make a (hilarious I will admit) meme about me. But even I am starting to fade. My positive energy is out. Do you have the faith? I do, it is fading though.......................
Banned

#2 i82much

i82much

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:41 PM

Dude, we're fans. It's our job to overreact. Don't sweat it.

#3 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

Man, I've been around since the Bert Jones days lmao I remember when Elway insulted the Colts, the city of Baltimore and every football fan here. I cheered as he stunk it up, threw stuff at the TV when the Broncos won a SB and still can't stand the sight of the man's face. :)

I remember Modell making an offer to Irsay Jr. for the logo, name and legacy of the Baltimore Colts when he brought his team here. I remember how Irsay Jr spit in his face, and on the city of Baltimore, by laughing and asking for $50 million.

I was here without a team for more years than I care to count. I was waiting here on Day One, when we took our name, Ravens. I have watched this team struggle. I have watched this team succeed. I have heard us called thugs, and one of our own called murderer.

I burst with pride, and cried some for what was gone, when the Ravens brought that Lombardi to Baltimore. I rejoiced in the fact we accomplished that feat before Indy did.

I've sat through some bad seasons. I've watched some bad games.

But no matter what has come before, win or loss, each and every week, I believe we can win.

Edited by ravensdfan, 19 December 2012 - 11:48 PM.

Joe flacco picked up a fumbled ball off the ground like he just dropped the newspaper on the sidewalk by accident and flung it across the street square into the neighbor's open mailbox while being attacked by pit bulls on steroids - a Panther's fan

#4 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,621 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

I'll let you know on Sunday...

#5 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

I'll let you know on Sunday...

Thanks for the meme man.... I needed a new profile pic
Banned

#6 redrum52

redrum52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,070 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:54 PM

I hoping we get healthy and the offense has been playing poorly due to trying out what works and what doesn't. I think we can still win it and even with your doubt I still you think they can win too. Health and hitting your stride at the right time. A little luck never hurts either.

#7 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

Man, I've been around since the Bert Jones days lmao I remember when Elway insulted the Colts, the city of Baltimore and every football fan here. I cheered as he stunk it up, threw stuff at the TV when the Broncos won a SB and still can't stand the sight of the man's face. :)

I remember Modell making an offer to Irsay Jr. for the logo, name and legacy of the Baltimore Colts when he brought his team here. I remember how Irsay Jr spit in his face, and on the city of Baltimore, by laughing and asking for $50 million.

I was here without a team for more years than I care to count. I was waiting here on Day One, when we took our name, Ravens. I have watched this team struggle. I have watched this team succeed. I have heard us called thugs, and one of our own called murderer.

I burst with pride, and cried some for what was gone, when the Ravens brought that Lombardi to Baltimore. I rejoiced in the fact we accomplished that feat before Indy did.

I've sat through some bad seasons. I've watched some bad games.

But no matter what has come before, win or loss, each and every week, I believe we can win.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is a true fan! I was not around during the Elway days.... But Stanford produces damn good QB's
Banned

#8 black blood purple passion

black blood purple passion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

being a fan doesn't stop me from being a realist. I wouldn't blindly follow instruction from anyone without logically thinking it over, and thus I don't blindly assume the Ravens are in fine form when there are clearly glaring holes everywhere. Doesn't mean I hate the Ravens, I LOVE the Ravens, they're the reason I ever got to experience this game, when they do well, I vicariously live through their success for those 3 hours every sunday (or w.e day it is). But when they do poorly, It makes me so mad, because I know how good our players are as individuals, but sometimes putting it all together, amidst the ever changing line up due to injuries, can be harder than it looks. Changes need to be made, some players on this team have been given enough chances, and I'm not afraid to say it. Its a cut throat business, hard decisions are made by people like me, theres no room for emotional attachments in a cut throat business like the NFL, which is why our inability to fire Cam because he was a good friend of H's made us weak and we're paying the consequence, I would have never even hired that clown.

#9 Dfence4champs2052

Dfence4champs2052

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

I still love the team but I've lost faith. I think we will be 9-7 in the playoffs. If I'm wrong I will man up to that. I don't want to be right especially this week because my whole family will assault me with giant talk. Blah. I was once unshakeable and razzed stealers fans even as we lost and watched them win two SBs. Those days are gone .... Not in the argument for best D in the league...haven't been for a min. My fav player will soon retire...#52. Horrible play calling, stupid coaching decisions (I would gladly explain), terrible play from a QB I was so thrilled to have being another guy from Jersey, misuse of my third favorite Raven of all time RR27. I could go on.... Point is...I've been broken. So much ineptitude and silly coaching has sapped my spirit. They broke me.....I'm just hanging on in the perfect storm of failure. We are in the middle of a desert and winning a SB is the only oasis for me.

2 other things.....I don't care of we make the playoffs 5,99876,78654211 times.... If we don't win so what...and everyone keeps hanging their hat on Joe outplaying Brady. So did Colin Kaepernick.....lets annoint him too. -__-

Edited by Dfence4champs2052, 20 December 2012 - 12:17 AM.

<p>2ilg2yr.jpg
SIG COURTESY OF BALTIMOREFLACCO!

#10 tsizzle95

tsizzle95

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:23 AM

im sorta with you too. im usually a pretty positive guy with the ravens, but my confidence has gone down these last couple weeks. especially because there wasnt any good play from anyone... it just seems like the whole team is getting worse. hopefully like everyone is saying that we'll use this to motivate us, but ill believe when i see it
Posted Image

#11 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,061 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

Man...I dont think we are a SB caliber team based on what I have seen so far this season. Too many injuries on defense and two much inconsistent play on offense. I think there is a chance this team still puts it all together and goes on a run, but the odds are slim.

The one thing that could save the season for me is if somehow the Oline starts playing out of their mind. Oher has had stretches of great play in the past and KO has done some good things as well. Maybe getting Yanda back will be the spark that is needed. All I know is if the line continues to look like it did against Denver we probably won't win another game.

Blitz every down! It's the only way to win!

#12 Guest_RBates_*

Guest_RBates_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:20 AM

There is alot of doom and gloom in here. I have not lost faith in this team! I have however, lost faith in our coach. This team looks terrible on Sunday's. We can't win a close game? SMH :bitenails:

#13 Dfence4champs2052

Dfence4champs2052

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:46 AM

People are just stuck. The same ones calling out others fandom. Check it out....yes we had the most dominate defense ever....yes The Wiz aka Ozzie made some excellent picks and found diamonds on the rough....yes we were a strong sound disciplined defense.

Believe it or not, things change, people fall off and it's time to go. It's just ridiculously hard for some people to believe these things can happen. We get on Stealers fans for living in the past always yelling got six and other annoying slogans when half their fanbase wasn't even alive for most of those rings.

All I'm saying is we have to accept the facts and deal in reality. We need to rebuild. We need to draft for need. We need to be aggressive and move up, stockpile picks etc. or we will be forever stuck living in the past as the modern day Bills of the 90's..... playoffs for umpteen years and never won the Lombardi.

<p>2ilg2yr.jpg
SIG COURTESY OF BALTIMOREFLACCO!

#14 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,061 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

There is alot of doom and gloom in here. I have not lost faith in this team! I have however, lost faith in our coach. This team looks terrible on Sunday's. We can't win a close game? SMH :bitenails:

We can't win a close game? We've been winning close games all season up until the past 3 weeks.

I really feel just the opposite of what you are saying. With all the injuries and issues this team has sustained over the course of the season, it's a small miracle that we will make the playoffs. It's pretty obvious we are getting by with smoke and mirrors. Making big plays in crucial situations and winning (for the most part) in the ST game and turnover margin. A lot of the credit goes to Harbaugh for keeping this team going and overcoming adversity and serious personnel issues.

Blitz every down! It's the only way to win!

#15 RavensAllTheWay

RavensAllTheWay

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,095 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

Anything can happen in the playoffs. You can never predict what will happen in January. If we end up making the playoffs every year for the next 5-10 years, I will be happy because that's 5-10 shots at winning the SB. It's when we fall back into the 8-8 or 7-9 zone (or worse) where things start to fade and we need to reset.

We're so close under this regime, and this has easily been the toughest year mentally and physically for this team. I agree, moving up in the draft would be wise next April, although I wouldn't want to give up anything like what ATL gave up for Julio, and perhaps that has turned a lot of franchises off from trading up so high.

Of course I agree with building in the draft and what not, but I don't like the idea of pulling the plug when winning a ring is the only thing this team has left to do.

#16 Ravenglenn

Ravenglenn

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:24 AM

Very good thread. What's been mentioned has been my feelings as well. Any team in any sport has only so long of a window in which a particular core of players can win it all. To me is seemed the door slammed shut with the Lee Evans play, The Cundiff miss was just insult added to injury, I thought. Coming so close so many times gets old when not even one of those times pays off (just ask any Bills fan). A lot of things need addressed during this off season, just like they've needed addressed the past few off-seasons and weren't.
I'm hoping for 11-5, but like stated in a post above, expecting 9-7. Regardless, the rest of the time we have in 2012 and these playoffs will have me along with the rest of you, standing tall and cheering on the Purple and Black, and come what may, will be there with you all for the 2013 campaign! Go Ravens!!

#17 JoeCool#5

JoeCool#5

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:11 AM

I believe in the Ravens will turn this ship around and make the run.
I believe in the front office. They have the right personnel for the job.
I believe in the coaching staff & their ability to make the calls to put its players in the best position for success.
I believe in the offense. They will gel and be a cohesive unit that will light up a scoreboard when it matters most.
I believe in the defense. They always persevere, regardless of injuries and what the stats say.
I believe in the kickoff and punt return teams. They are always a threat to take it to the house.
I believe in the kicking game. They are clutch and quite capable of changing or putting a game out of reach.
I believe now more than ever, the team needs our support in this time of adversity.
I believe in the Ravens.

What do you believe in?

Edited by JoeCool#5, 20 December 2012 - 04:52 AM.

9 playoff wins
3 AFC Championship game appearances
1 AFC Championship
1 Super Bowl Title
1 Super Bowl MVP

Give the kid a running game and the world is his oyster. 

#18 Tregs

Tregs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:49 AM

I believe I'll always be a Ravens fan even at times like this.

#19 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

People are just stuck. The same ones calling out others fandom. Check it out....yes we had the most dominate defense ever....yes The Wiz aka Ozzie made some excellent picks and found diamonds on the rough....yes we were a strong sound disciplined defense.

Believe it or not, things change, people fall off and it's time to go. It's just ridiculously hard for some people to believe these things can happen. We get on Stealers fans for living in the past always yelling got six and other annoying slogans when half their fanbase wasn't even alive for most of those rings.

All I'm saying is we have to accept the facts and deal in reality. We need to rebuild. We need to draft for need. We need to be aggressive and move up, stockpile picks etc. or we will be forever stuck living in the past as the modern day Bills of the 90's..... playoffs for umpteen years and never won the Lombardi.

I don't know. There are a number of reasons we make the playoffs consistently, but one of them is the way we approach the draft. Our defense is decimated by injuries and it is tough to play as a unit when you never field even close to the same 11 starters in a game. They've been giving up yards, but you have to admit, they haven't done too bad on points. And they are in the Top 5 for red zone defense.

I still say on the offensive side of the ball, now that Cam is gone, we need a real LT. Seriously, we do. And a Center to take over from Birk. If we can fix that O line, I think we'll see vast improvement on offense.

I guess to a point, yes, we do need to draft based on need. Because we need to fix the O line, we need a protegee for Lewis to mentor, I think Omar Brown might be Reed's protegee. If they'd give him a chance.

Rebuilding is for the teams like the Browns. You tweak when you are successful.

Joe flacco picked up a fumbled ball off the ground like he just dropped the newspaper on the sidewalk by accident and flung it across the street square into the neighbor's open mailbox while being attacked by pit bulls on steroids - a Panther's fan

#20 codizzle

codizzle

Director of Admissions- BSHU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,921 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

What do you believe in?

I believe whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you ... Stranger
Just WIN Out!!!

6f3898d1-1b88-4209-a3a5-ed7fe2348d4b.jpg

+35