Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JO_75

Week 16 Discussion

257 posts in this topic

Well we are down to just two weeks, the magic number is now two before the regular season is over and the playoffs begin. Once again, many scenarios can play out this week to help teams clinch first round byes, home field, divisions and a playoff spot. It all starts on Saturday Night on ESPN when the Atlanta Falcons travel to Detroit to take on the Lions. Atlanta can clinch Home Field and a First Round Bye essentially with a win.

Key Games:

Redskins @ Eagles: The NFC East is a tight race and a loss to the Eagles will damage the hopes of the Redskins to win the East.

Bengals @ Steelers: Essentially, the loser of this game is going home and the winner is guaranteed the 6th seed in the AFC. While Miami can essentially win out, while the Bengals and Steelers split the last two weeks, Miami would get in over the Steelers and Bengals at 8-8, but we all know that happening.

Vikings @ Texans: If there is one team that could drop Houston, it is the Adrian Peterson led Vikings who currently sit as the 6th Seed in the NFC. Texans can also lock up the # 1 Seed essentially with a win, but a loss would put them in danger to lose the # 1 Seed to the New England Patriots, who play the Jaguars this week. Vikings also need this win to stay in the Wild Card Hunt.

Bears @ Cardinals: Many crowned the Bears, as Dennis Green would say as the NFC North Champions but the Bears let themselves off the hook. See what I did there? The Bears are riding a losing streak for the second year in a row after starting off 7-1 and find themselves 8-6. The Cardinals would just win a meaningless game if they win this game.

49ers @ Seahawks: The Seahawks do not lose at home and it seems the College Coaches sure do make it look easy in the NFC West. Jim Harbaugh has done a great job with the 49ers in just two seasons, while Carroll hasn't had as much success as Jim, both would currently land two NFC West teams in the playoffs as things stand. Question is, who wants the Division More?

[quote name='display name' timestamp='1356008883' post='1271487']
Random question: Does anyone know why JJ Watt where that thing on his left arm?
Thank you in advance.
[/quote]

He dislocated his elbow during training camp and had to sit out the preseason because of the injury. Why he's still wearing it, I'm not sure. Maybe as a precaution.

[quote name='ravens__' timestamp='1356009296' post='1271489']
He dislocated his elbow during training camp and had to sit out the preseason because of the injury. Why he's still wearing it, I'm not sure. Maybe as a precaution.
[/quote]
Thanks that explains it.
I hope they show the Bungels and Squealers. I might stay up to watch the Hawks and 49ers do battle. I have a lot of respect for both teams.

More News: Both Scott Pioli and Romeo Crennel have been informed they will BOTH be out at the end of the season.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/251855/report-crennel-pioli-informed-theyre-out

Hey KC, I'm ready to become a GM, give me a call!

I look forward to seeing HOU beat MIN... I could never stand that team. Nowadays, they rest their entire offense on Adrian Peterson... it's maddening! I love Peterson himself, I just can't stand MIN's offense, ever since they coaxed Favre out of re-retirement. Blair Walsh is cool, too.

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1356039872' post='1272055']
More News: Both Scott Pioli and Romeo Crennel have been informed they will BOTH be out at the end of the season.

[url="http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/251855/report-crennel-pioli-informed-theyre-out"]http://www.rotoworld...rmed-theyre-out[/url]

[/quote]

Way to throw Crennel under the bus! All his team mates love playing for them, but you'd strip them of him just when you've hit rock bottom?! To say nothing of the personal tragedy he overcame, while fulfilling his coaching duties at Arrowhead.

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1356059921' post='1272319']
Way to throw Crennel under the bus! All his team mates love playing for them, but you'd strip them of him just when you've hit rock bottom?! To say nothing of the personal tragedy he overcame, while fulfilling his coaching duties at Arrowhead.
[/quote]

Exactly. I always thought Crennel would be a good head coach but Cleveland bailed on him too quickly. I mean he led them to 10 wins in 2007 and just because the Browns only won 4 games the following season in 2008, they let him go? They didn't give him much to work with of a supporting cast of players. They never allowed him to build off 2007 in Cleveland. I know if I KC called me and they wanted me to become their GM, only way I would take the job is if I could keep Crennel as HC.

[url="http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/251855/report-crennel-pioli-informed-theyre-out"]http://www.rotoworld...rmed-theyre-out[/url]

[/quote]

Off topic, but Crennel for DC?

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1356065933' post='1272379']

Off topic, but Crennel for DC?
[/quote]
Yeah, good DC. Trade up for Anthony Barr anyone?

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/251855/report-crennel-pioli-informed-theyre-out

[/quote]
Wont matter, we are all dead..... But I want the charger gm job..... Guess I will be seeing you twice every year JO

It should be a good game between Redskins and Eagles; if the Redskins in, I'll bet Maryland, DC, and Virginia will make some noise although I don't think they do any damage in the playoff cuz of their atrocious defense.....

[quote name='AsianRice' timestamp='1356073839' post='1272426']
It should be a good game between Redskins and Eagles; if the Redskins in, I'll bet Maryland, DC, and Virginia will make some noise although I don't think they do any damage in the playoff cuz of their atrocious defense.....
[/quote]

Super Beltway Bowl or Super Harbaugh Bowl? Preferences?

The Bills have signed a new 10 year lease with the city of Buffalo and Ralph Wilson Stadium. The deal calls for $130 Million in stadium renovations. Bad news, if the new Owner of the Bills(whomever takes over after Ralph) wants to move the Bills, he can do so after 7 years penalty free. Basically it's a 10 year deal with a 7 year opt out clause if someone wanted to move the team to LA or in the Bills case, Toronto.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/21/bills-have-10-year-lease-with-seven-year-out/

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1356109210' post='1272620']
[b]Super Beltway Bowl [/b]or Super Harbaugh Bowl? Preferences?

The Bills have signed a new 10 year lease with the city of Buffalo and Ralph Wilson Stadium. The deal calls for $130 Million in stadium renovations. Bad news, if the new Owner of the Bills(whomever takes over after Ralph) wants to move the Bills, he can do so after 7 years penalty free. Basically it's a 10 year deal with a 7 year opt out clause if someone wanted to move the team to LA or in the Bills case, Toronto.

[url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/21/bills-have-10-year-lease-with-seven-year-out/"]http://profootballta...seven-year-out/[/url]
[/quote]
This will shock the world but it's not impossible cuz the Giants shocked the world last year when they went on the road and beat everybody in their house.

That's what I love about playoffs; no one knows what's going to happen....

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1355986024' post='1271428']
Can't wait to watch 49ers vs Seahawks.
[/quote] Been a long time since i heard excitement about a Seahawks game.

[quote name='bpytnjr58' timestamp='1356119715' post='1272762']
Been a long time since i heard excitement about a Seahawks game.
[/quote]
Lol, I'm starting to find myself rooting for them more and more each week. I liked how they're built!

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1356120683' post='1272774']
Lol, I'm starting to find myself rooting for them more and more each week. I liked how they're built!
[/quote] Has to be one of the biggest home field advantages in the NFL.

Cannot believe i am a Steelers fan this Sunday...Maybe the Mayans got the day wrong!!!

i want bungals to win just as i believe we fare better vs them, when vs steelers it's more of a guess
wouldn't mind some huge upsets from jags and brownies, but won't count on them
the rest is of no importance for me, starting with a very bad choice for the saturday game

I was just reading that Drew Brees' cap number rises from $10.4 Million in 2012 to a whopping $17.4 Million in 2013!

The Saints are going to be tight on cap room it seems and both LT Jermon Bushrod and DT Sedrick Ellis are FREE AGENTS after this season. Considering those numbers, Sean Payton may look elsewhere and won't stay with the Saints who are tight on cap.

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1356197292' post='1273527']
I was just reading that Drew Brees' cap number rises from $10.4 Million in 2012 to a whopping $17.4 Million in 2013!

The Saints are going to be tight on cap room it seems and both LT Jermon Bushrod and DT Sedrick Ellis are FREE AGENTS after this season. Considering those numbers, Sean Payton may look elsewhere and won't stay with the Saints who are tight on cap.
[/quote]i guess you weren't really sure where to post this lol?

[quote name='arnie_uk' timestamp='1356197991' post='1273541']
i guess you weren't really sure where to post this lol?
[/quote]

Nope lol. I was just amazed by how much of a "team player" Drew Brees really is considering his salary. He single handily crippled the Saints. They won't be able to keep anyone, no wonder why they are going to miss the playoffs this year, Super Bowl Host Curse aside.

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1356198235' post='1273543']

Nope lol. I was just amazed by how much of a "team player" Drew Brees really is considering his salary. He single handily crippled the Saints. They won't be able to keep anyone, no wonder why they are going to miss the playoffs this year, Super Bowl Host Curse aside.
[/quote]pft had something similar when he signed the deal as well so I was aware of it, he just had to be the highest paid in the league, but if you can get it, why not

Whooo! The Rams are still in the hunt! Having the Ravens and Rams in the playoffs would make me happy. I know the Rams wouldn't make close to any noise, and would probably get killed in the first round, but I'd still love it.

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1356220196' post='1273819']
You guys think the Lions can pull off the upset tonight?
[/quote]

I got them as the weekly upset on the nfl website weekly pick 'em

[quote name='horus13corvineus' timestamp='1356223657' post='1273852']
I got them as the weekly upset on the nfl website weekly pick 'em
[/quote]

Interesting. It be nice to see Detroit win a game after they have come so close to winning in the past month or so.

It helps that Matt Ryan throws short passes that are easy to complete, you can get 21 straight passes easily.

The fact that Flacco and Ryan used to be compared is just funny now. It's really not even close.

[quote name='ratedr' timestamp='1356230192' post='1273899']
The fact that Flacco and Ryan used to be compared is just funny now. It's really not even close.
[/quote]

Yeah Ryan is awful.

[quote name='gabefergy' timestamp='1356230653' post='1273904']

Yeah Ryan is awful.
[/quote]Those 22 straight completions sure were terrible.

[quote name='ratedr' timestamp='1356230769' post='1273907']
Those 22 straight completions sure were terrible.
[/quote]
I was only half joking, but seriously half of his completions are behind the LoS. It doesn't hurt to have two #1 WRs and a competent OC either.

The Lions do not want to win this game. With seven seconds left, the fact they didn't even try one shot at the end zone tells me they are already giving up and don't want to win this game. Obviously playing for a high draft pick at this point.

The Falcons look like that team that's getting hot at the right time. Though they do have the easiest schedule in the league.

[quote name='ratedr' timestamp='1356231856' post='1273927']
The Falcons look like that team that's getting hot at the right time. Though they do have the easiest schedule in the league.
[/quote]

No they have been hot all year and haven't cooled off one bit. Trust me, they will once again fail to win a playoff game.

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1356231934' post='1273928']

No they have been hot all year and haven't cooled off one bit. Trust me, they will once again fail to win a playoff game.
[/quote]No, they definitely stumbled a bit, but the games were against teams like the Cards, who can't win a game even when the opposition gives you 5 INTs. They're back in form now, and they're looking very good.

[quote name='ratedr' timestamp='1356232185' post='1273932']
No, they definitely stumbled a bit, but the games were against teams like the Cards, who can't win a game even when the opposition gives you 5 INTs. They're back in form now, and they're looking very good.
[/quote]

No, the definition of a team getting hot is the Giants, or Packers the past couple years. Teams who win games at the end of the season and pick things up right before the playoffs.

[quote name='gabefergy' timestamp='1356232394' post='1273936']
I still think Falcons will lose their first playoff game once again.
[/quote]Their first game will be against a team like Washington. I think they'll be fine. They will be lucky that they'll likely avoid San Francisco and Green Bay.

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1356232486' post='1273938']

No, the definition of a team getting hot is the Giants, or Packers the past couple years. Teams who win games at the end of the season and pick things up right before the playoffs.
[/quote]Isn't that what the Falcons are doing? They've been winning but this is the first time they've looked this good on both sides of the ball.

[quote name='ratedr' timestamp='1356232718' post='1273943']
Isn't that what the Falcons are doing? They've been winning but this is the first time they've looked this good on both sides of the ball.
[/quote]

Giants and Packers both loss a certain amount of games before winning the final two games of the season en route to the Super Bowl. That is a team getting hot.