256 replies to this topic

#1 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,547 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

Well we are down to just two weeks, the magic number is now two before the regular season is over and the playoffs begin. Once again, many scenarios can play out this week to help teams clinch first round byes, home field, divisions and a playoff spot. It all starts on Saturday Night on ESPN when the Atlanta Falcons travel to Detroit to take on the Lions. Atlanta can clinch Home Field and a First Round Bye essentially with a win.

Key Games:

Redskins @ Eagles: The NFC East is a tight race and a loss to the Eagles will damage the hopes of the Redskins to win the East.

Bengals @ Steelers: Essentially, the loser of this game is going home and the winner is guaranteed the 6th seed in the AFC. While Miami can essentially win out, while the Bengals and Steelers split the last two weeks, Miami would get in over the Steelers and Bengals at 8-8, but we all know that happening.

Vikings @ Texans: If there is one team that could drop Houston, it is the Adrian Peterson led Vikings who currently sit as the 6th Seed in the NFC. Texans can also lock up the # 1 Seed essentially with a win, but a loss would put them in danger to lose the # 1 Seed to the New England Patriots, who play the Jaguars this week. Vikings also need this win to stay in the Wild Card Hunt.

Bears @ Cardinals: Many crowned the Bears, as Dennis Green would say as the NFC North Champions but the Bears let themselves off the hook. See what I did there? The Bears are riding a losing streak for the second year in a row after starting off 7-1 and find themselves 8-6. The Cardinals would just win a meaningless game if they win this game.

49ers @ Seahawks: The Seahawks do not lose at home and it seems the College Coaches sure do make it look easy in the NFC West. Jim Harbaugh has done a great job with the 49ers in just two seasons, while Carroll hasn't had as much success as Jim, both would currently land two NFC West teams in the playoffs as things stand. Question is, who wants the Division More?

#2 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,949 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

Can't wait to watch 49ers vs Seahawks.

Edited by Ravens<3, 20 December 2012 - 01:47 AM.

2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#3 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,967 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

Random question: Does anyone know why JJ Watt where that thing on his left arm?
Thank you in advance.

The Raven, on 03 Jan 2012-624 PM, said:

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

Malkavian Raven, on 4 June 2014, said: "Display's off his meds again. Alert the white coats with the butterfly nets."

#4 ravens__

ravens__

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:14 AM

Random question: Does anyone know why JJ Watt where that thing on his left arm?
Thank you in advance.

He dislocated his elbow during training camp and had to sit out the preseason because of the injury. Why he's still wearing it, I'm not sure. Maybe as a precaution.

2010 BR.com "You Pick 'em" Champion

10fqgjp.jpg

#5 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,967 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:18 AM

He dislocated his elbow during training camp and had to sit out the preseason because of the injury. Why he's still wearing it, I'm not sure. Maybe as a precaution.

Thanks that explains it.
I hope they show the Bungels and Squealers. I might stay up to watch the Hawks and 49ers do battle. I have a lot of respect for both teams.

The Raven, on 03 Jan 2012-624 PM, said:

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

Malkavian Raven, on 4 June 2014, said: "Display's off his meds again. Alert the white coats with the butterfly nets."

#6 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,547 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

More News: Both Scott Pioli and Romeo Crennel have been informed they will BOTH be out at the end of the season.

http://www.rotoworld...rmed-theyre-out

Hey KC, I'm ready to become a GM, give me a call!

#7 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,738 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

Saturday night football. So wrong.
"...when Sean Taylor is in the neighborhood, you will feel him." - Al Michaels

Posted Image

ER20 takes off and then gets distracted by a debate going on...

#8 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

I look forward to seeing HOU beat MIN... I could never stand that team. Nowadays, they rest their entire offense on Adrian Peterson... it's maddening! I love Peterson himself, I just can't stand MIN's offense, ever since they coaxed Favre out of re-retirement. Blair Walsh is cool, too.

MOD666 SUCKS!!!!!!

#9 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

More News: Both Scott Pioli and Romeo Crennel have been informed they will BOTH be out at the end of the season.

Way to throw Crennel under the bus! All his team mates love playing for them, but you'd strip them of him just when you've hit rock bottom?! To say nothing of the personal tragedy he overcame, while fulfilling his coaching duties at Arrowhead.

MOD666 SUCKS!!!!!!

#10 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,547 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

Way to throw Crennel under the bus! All his team mates love playing for them, but you'd strip them of him just when you've hit rock bottom?! To say nothing of the personal tragedy he overcame, while fulfilling his coaching duties at Arrowhead.

Exactly. I always thought Crennel would be a good head coach but Cleveland bailed on him too quickly. I mean he led them to 10 wins in 2007 and just because the Browns only won 4 games the following season in 2008, they let him go? They didn't give him much to work with of a supporting cast of players. They never allowed him to build off 2007 in Cleveland. I know if I KC called me and they wanted me to become their GM, only way I would take the job is if I could keep Crennel as HC.

#11 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,843 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

Off topic, but Crennel for DC?

#12 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,519 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:17 AM

Off topic, but Crennel for DC?

Yeah, good DC. Trade up for Anthony Barr anyone?

#13 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,519 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:17 AM

Wont matter, we are all dead..... But I want the charger gm job..... Guess I will be seeing you twice every year JO

#14 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,265 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:10 AM

It should be a good game between Redskins and Eagles; if the Redskins in, I'll bet Maryland, DC, and Virginia will make some noise although I don't think they do any damage in the playoff cuz of their atrocious defense.....
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#15 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,547 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:00 PM

It should be a good game between Redskins and Eagles; if the Redskins in, I'll bet Maryland, DC, and Virginia will make some noise although I don't think they do any damage in the playoff cuz of their atrocious defense.....

Super Beltway Bowl or Super Harbaugh Bowl? Preferences?

The Bills have signed a new 10 year lease with the city of Buffalo and Ralph Wilson Stadium. The deal calls for $130 Million in stadium renovations. Bad news, if the new Owner of the Bills(whomever takes over after Ralph) wants to move the Bills, he can do so after 7 years penalty free. Basically it's a 10 year deal with a 7 year opt out clause if someone wanted to move the team to LA or in the Bills case, Toronto.

http://profootballta...seven-year-out/

#16 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,265 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

Super Beltway Bowl or Super Harbaugh Bowl? Preferences?

The Bills have signed a new 10 year lease with the city of Buffalo and Ralph Wilson Stadium. The deal calls for $130 Million in stadium renovations. Bad news, if the new Owner of the Bills(whomever takes over after Ralph) wants to move the Bills, he can do so after 7 years penalty free. Basically it's a 10 year deal with a 7 year opt out clause if someone wanted to move the team to LA or in the Bills case, Toronto.

http://profootballta...seven-year-out/

This will shock the world but it's not impossible cuz the Giants shocked the world last year when they went on the road and beat everybody in their house.

That's what I love about playoffs; no one knows what's going to happen....
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#17 bpytnjr58

bpytnjr58

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

Can't wait to watch 49ers vs Seahawks.

Been a long time since i heard excitement about a Seahawks game.

#18 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,949 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

Been a long time since i heard excitement about a Seahawks game.

Lol, I'm starting to find myself rooting for them more and more each week. I liked how they're built!
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#19 bpytnjr58

bpytnjr58

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

Lol, I'm starting to find myself rooting for them more and more each week. I liked how they're built!

Has to be one of the biggest home field advantages in the NFL.

#20 bpytnjr58

bpytnjr58

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

Cannot believe i am a Steelers fan this Sunday...Maybe the Mayans got the day wrong!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users