Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] 12/19: Who's Practicing, Who's Not

64 posts in this topic

WR Torrey Smith and RB Bernard Pierce did not practice because of concussions.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/1219-Whos-Practicing-Whos-Not/eab8a0d9-49fd-41a0-9919-765db579ba11]View the full article[/url]

I was waiting for the injury bug to catch up with the offense sooner or later, couldnt take anymore players on the defense lmao.

get well soon guys . now the bug has jumped to the offensive side of the ball this is unreal . laquan williams has awesome hands would love to see more of him.

[quote name='JakeNumber55' timestamp='1355959226' post='1271029']
I was waiting for the injury bug to catch up with the offense sooner or later, couldnt take anymore players on the defense lmao.
[/quote]i think it ran out of players this is beyond sad

we need pierce this weekend. would like to see doss and jones get extended playing time

A whole lotta "we'll see"s in this report. Doubt we'll get much more all the way until Friday, except for Torrey and Pierce (as theirs is of the pass/fail nature).

Not quite the injury update I wanted to hear.

Man,Omar Brown is the next Ed Reed!!I just looked at his Biography,The boy is a football beast!! He also had another fumble recovery on Sunday but it was taken away due to a penalty on some idiot running on the field to late!!Brown had a season in College where he had 177 takles,thats a Saftey that plays like a Middle Linebacker! Hell,Maybe he is half Ed Reed and Half Ray Lewis!! Lol

Tompson deserves a chance Harbs!! Hell,if Victor Cruz never got his shot we would of never even known his name!!

[quote name='Stephenjr' timestamp='1355962855' post='1271086']
Man,Omar Brown is the next Ed Reed!!I just looked at his Biography,The boy is a football beast!! He also had another fumble recovery on Sunday but it was taken away due to a penalty on some idiot running on the field to late!!Brown had a season in College where he had 177 takles,thats a Saftey that plays like a Middle Linebacker! Hell,Maybe he is half Ed Reed and Half Ray Lewis!! Lol
[/quote]Omar Brown is a Beeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassssssssstttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Stephenjr' timestamp='1355962855' post='1271086']
[/quote]Give Omar some Reps on the starting Defense, Harbs!!!

They really need to let Deonte play, I dunno what he did to be put in the dog house but seriously, you have a guy who is actually faster than your star speedster and you dont play him? C'mon man!!!

[quote name='cushrinada1986' timestamp='1355963262' post='1271094']
They really need to let Deonte play, I dunno what he did to be put in the dog house but seriously, you have a guy who is actually faster than your star speedster and you dont play him? C'mon man!!!
[/quote]That is what is gonna ultimatley get Harbs fired!! Bishotti wants Harbs to use the young players,but Harbs has to big of a head to relize who should play!!

-We really need Torrey and Pierce. (Ant Allen, dropped a wheel route TD)
-Yanda is Our O-Line we need him more than ever. We really missed Pollard this weekend
-I think getting Ellerbe & Dickson will help. & Unleash Deonte !!

"Next Man Up"! Gotta keep Joe in the Shotgun and hand off from there as well because, they are gonna try and chase him down! Hey Diddle, Diddle mite not be Bad either! Or if Joe is under center, he can do some play fakes! Let Joe Run the "O" for a drive or two! Whats Wrong? Scared he is gonna get a Touchdown! Lol!

Deonte fumbled in the KC game i believe thats whys hes in the dog house ...

I would love to see him getting some snaps considering hes a pull participant in practice

Williams made a few nice plays on kickoff coverage. The most amazing part of Sunday was that D. Reed actually caught a pass or two. Pitta continued to shine in garbage time. I love that move he put on while running all the way!

Capo- Did you say Pitta continued to shine in garbage time? Yes, I think you did. First of all if you happened to see or hear anything about the patriot/49er game you would agree that Pitta's catches didn't come in "Garbage Time." Besides, are you really saying that the only time Pitta shines is during "Garbage Time." What games are you watching? If they would target him more early and have him run patterns down the middle of the field like his touchdown on the goal line he would shine more. But those were not patterns Cam felt were needed for this talented tight end pair.

We'll see usually means not playing, Really hoping for my favorite tough guys Pollard, and Yanda to be out there.

Why is this our worst year for injuries after we hired a stretching guru to prevent injuries? See Sept 26 news story - Ravens Recover With Stretching Guru at http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Recover-With-Stretching-Guru/34b40486-d69f-4646-a6fe-fbe3a40b8ac0

[quote name='The Beak' timestamp='1355969566' post='1271202']
Is it just me or does Pierce's running style look a little like Adrian Peterson?
[/quote] i said this at work and my co workers thought he looked more like dwyer of the steelers no way you and I are right.

I would love to see Deonte play as well. I think I have been saying this for the past two or three weeks. I like David Reed also, the two passes Flacco threw his was he caught. He's hungry I think Deonte is hungry as well. I say put Deonte, Smith, and Jacoby on the field at the same time. I bet someone will be open on every play, or i bet Rice would have plenty of room to put in work.

[quote name='The Beak' timestamp='1355969566' post='1271202']
Is it just me or does Pierce's running style look a little like Adrian Peterson?
[/quote] i agree they r very similiar.

i would like to see more laquan, deonte and less of bajema he is just not a good tight end .

[quote name='Stephenjr' timestamp='1355963069' post='1271091']
Omar Brown is a Beeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassssssssstttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]omar brown is a very good player why are you quoting yourself ?

ooh man:( first defense now the offense is getting a taste of injuries..we need all the starters we can get, especially on offense

[quote name='iBleed_Purple52' timestamp='1355964547' post='1271114']
Deonte fumbled in the KC game i believe thats whys hes in the dog house ...

I would love to see him getting some snaps considering hes a pull participant in practice
[/quote]yeah,if you watch the fumble ,I trully believe he was down before he let go of the ball!! I think he could be the best WR on the team but as long as Harbs is the coach we will continue to see the same old song and dance every Sunday.I like Harbs but he is full of himself!!

ravenraven
Posted
Today, 08:37 PM
Capo- Did you say Pitta continued to shine in garbage time? Yes, I think you did. First of all if you happened to see or hear anything about the patriot/49er game you would agree that Pitta's catches didn't come in "Garbage Time." Besides, are you really saying that the only time Pitta shines is during "Garbage Time." What games are you watching? If they would target him more early and have him run patterns down the middle of the field like his touchdown on the goal line he would shine more. But those were not patterns Cam felt were needed for this talented tight end pair.

1. It was absolutely garbage time. The Patriots are capable of coming back from a 28 point deficit. The Ravens have never had an offense/defense capable of that, and this year is no different.
2. Most of Pitta's yardage and productivity from that game was on one play, in which there were several broken tackles and several bad defensive decisions on that play.
3. Flacco targeted Pitta extremely heavily early in the year, and in my opinion, too much so. He had a ridiculous 15 targets against Philadelphia in a tight game against a mediocre secondary, while WRs in total had 12 targets. He pretty much only looked at Pitta in the 2nd half.

[quote name='CapoRocky' timestamp='1355964549' post='1271115']
Williams made a few nice plays on kickoff coverage. The most amazing part of Sunday was that D. Reed actually caught a pass or two. Pitta continued to shine in garbage time. I love that move he put on while running all the way!
[/quote]Daid Reed looks like he has put on some size to go with that speed,maybe he can finally develop into a great reciever.

[quote name='MadStorkSociety' timestamp='1355969441' post='1271198']
Why is this our worst year for injuries after we hired a stretching guru to prevent injuries? See Sept 26 news story - Ravens Recover With Stretching Guru at [url="http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Recover-With-Stretching-Guru/34b40486-d69f-4646-a6fe-fbe3a40b8ac0"]http://www.baltimore...fe-fbe3a40b8ac0[/url]
[/quote]I think it has to do with that 4 games in 18 days that we had earlier in the year.The human body can only take so much abuse before it starts breaking down.We were pretty healthy untill the Dallas game which was rite after that long stretch of games. I say shame on the NFL for putting our players in the position to get hurt.Especisially considering what the NFL is preaching about saftey now a days!!

Who thinks Ray L will play, or do we promote someone, I'm guessing Ray and Ellerbe will be ready Sunday

Torey is a great young player with tons of heart, I think he needs some help on the other side (Bolden a great man,, but has lost a few steps, and his skill level has dimished)Next Year either via draft, or FA, this issue needs addressed.

I'm sick and tired of all these injuries. I saw Rex Ryan give a press conference and he listed all his injured players. Can you imagine how long Harbs would be talking if he went down the list. Might as well add himself to the list for stress related incidents!

Ray Lewis HAS to play. This could be the final time that The General will come out of the tunnel at M&T. Hope not though.

@Mr.Irrelevent,
"There's only one God, and I'm pretty sure He doesn't dress like that''-Captain America

I'm pretty sure you get the gist.

I hope to see a little more fire and more intrigue in our passing game this week at the Bank. We need to help our WR's get open so Joe can hit them. Not so far down field, though. Just simple slants / crossing routes and make sure to use the middle of the field!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully Laquan W. and D. Thompson will come up big for our team! Will be interesting enough to see how this (almost a playoff game) unfolds. We can beat the N.Y. football Giants, play to wrap up the division and a home 1st round game a game to rest up our team leaders the following week in Cincy.

I think Harbs and the front office understand what is at stake. I LOVE my Ravens and have been pretty hard on them (love is a strange thang) but I have a good feeling about this weekend. I say let the General Ray play, get that one last win so we can have some positive energy going into the playoffs. Not to mention the boys get healthy. Go Ravens!

We need the o-line to step it up play faster run the ball more put more points on the board use up the time clock no more three n outs protect that ball keep our d resting longer on the sideline and wear NYG d down i want to see them gasping for air and sack that lil slippery Eli

It's the walking wounded. Boy oh boy what a list of hurt players. It 's no wonder why the Ravens do not look like themselves. Understandable. Please, next man up. We need to win this week. Go Ravens.

they just dont have it.week line no pass rush, weak running,terrible pass coverage.were lucky we even made the playoffs.we lose in the first game.