Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] The Caw: Streakers Go To Jail

40 posts in this topic

The 'Baltimore Batman' was sentenced to jail after illegally streaking at M&T Bank Stadium.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/The-Caw-Streakers-Go-To-Jail/143886c0-7883-4eda-9571-01a8a14cf522]View the full article[/url]

The cape was from Ellen...I can't help but think she influenced his decision to streak a second time. Only fair she pay the fine. Just my opinion.

Crime is crime, and I'm not very tolerant of any, but this is ridiculous. Ok, a fine and community service, but a lifetime ban at both parks, and jail?! I've seen drunk drivers get treated better. I guess it's the, "I'll use you as an example" thing.

Was it stupid? Yes, you should know what you are getting into when you go streaking. But to say he diverses to serve jail time is a bit much. I think that the main reason why he got any time was due to the fact that he already did it in Camden Yards.

@ravenmatic its "the caw" we have one every weekday and its a not-so-serious article about lighter issues

Oh, my god... Those poor kids who were present... they saw a pair of black underpants... and a bare chest!!! Ah, the horror...

bio

[quote name='Joe Flacco is #1' timestamp='1355959487' post='1271034']
He got jail time from that? but hitting a player and giving him a concussion is a fine. I think we got our priorities wrong.
[/quote]

There are upwards of 60k of people at a football game, now this is one person that was running out there with no ill will, but imagine if a person of not right mind did that and went after a player because they didn't like him for (pick a reason), that covers the player safety aspect, but it goes further, as it takes security away from their posts to chase this guy, opening a window of opportunity for something bad to happen while they are occupied. Finally, 1 guy out of 60k, imagine 2 people, or 10 people or 100 or 1000, do you see the point? This can't happen, no matter what the cause!

We now get a warning every home game since then, it's wrong and I think this is more of a public service-- don't do this then anything else.

Personally, I laughed my butt off when he ran out on the field. It just added to a perfect night at M&T!

[i]No matter which side of this story you may fall on whether trite or serious, right or wrong, just or unjust...it IS a story about a person that learned a life lesson... bottom line, no more no less.[/i]

[i]Keep the discussion [u][b]on topic and civil [/b][/u]please![/i]

I'm glad he didn't get serious jail time although I think it may be possible he may need some psychiatric help. We have all been witness to the actions of psycho behavior over the last week where no one recognized the need for help in time. This guy could be dangerous. Can you imagine the mindset that yearns for attentions so badly that they would consider doing the underwear thing in a large public venue? No way to tell what this guy may be capable of down the road. I know it seems light-hearted but it could turn ugly and out of control later on. Get this guy some court ordered counseling to find out whether there is any proclivity towards more dangerous stuff.

[quote name='bioLarzen' timestamp='1355960478' post='1271049']
Oh, my god... Those poor kids who were present... they saw a pair of black underpants... and a bare chest!!! Ah, the horror...

bio
[/quote]
Good point, I am sure no one was actually traumatized by this. Anyone at the Orioles game when the young man climbed the foul pole and was doing handstands off the top of it? It was one of the craziest things I ever saw. The game was suspended for a long time until he finally got tired and climbed down. I wonder what ever happened to him?

[font=trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif][i]Hm...

A guy in a cape, underwear and a positive anti-bullying message painted on his body gets jail time...[/i][/font]

[i][font=trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif]Funny world we live in. Kudos to Ellen for paying the fine, and kudos to him for spreading a positive message.

~ Cosmic[/font][/i]

Cosmic you hit it right! Did he disrupt the rich owners tea and krumpets!It was the most excitment all year at A Raven game!

Why post that clown's picture on this site? Who cares if he has an anti-bullying message. What a great way to promote further knuckleheads into doing these kinds of things! Stupid.

People have no sense of humor...its just something funny, no threat to anyone. Must suck to be a bitter person who cant laugh. Did worse than that at college.

The Message was cool but it is not Wise to get put in jail naked around hard criminals. JAIL is not cool for 1 minute...it's not cool people

A wrong doesn't just go away because of a right. This guy, while meaning good, still broke the law. Messages can be distributed without doing something illegal. However, six months in jail for streaking during an NFL game is ridiculous. I can understand maybe up to a month but really?

i was at the ravens browns game in cleveland in 2011 and a squirrel ran from one endzone to another, it was awesome!! thats all i got.

Well it looks like his few minutes of fame has come to an end No more Batman!haha!It was funny even the players had that What the heck? look and laughing at his ridiculessness

Is it true that Cary Williams missed the tackle and one of Baltimore's finest got him just after his cape broke the plane?

hugostiglitz
Posted
Yesterday, 11:03 PMi was at the ravens browns game in cleveland in 2011 and a squirrel ran from one endzone to another, it was awesome!! thats all i got.

Thats funny. :)

this is ridiculous this is why the courts and jails are so packed because of this stupid stuff fine him and be done he did nothing wrong he streaked so what its funny and harmless and had a good message and 6 months for streaking thats outrageous

[quote name='jrs034' timestamp='1356026983' post='1271786']
this is ridiculous this is why the courts and jails are so packed because of this stupid stuff fine him and be done he did nothing wrong he streaked so what its funny and harmless and had a good message and 6 months for streaking thats outrageous
[/quote]

he's only spending a weekend in jail.

[quote name='Moderator 3' timestamp='1356027229' post='1271789']
he's only spending a weekend in jail.
[/quote]
but they said he got off easy and could of did 180 days for doing it twice so if you do it once you could be in the slammer for 3 months that seems a little harsh to me

I lifetime ban from both parks? Seriously, how is anyone ever going to know if he ever goes to a game again? I doubt they have facial recognition software to be able to pick him out of a crowd of 70,000 people!