34 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,559 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

The 'Baltimore Batman' was sentenced to jail after illegally streaking at M&T Bank Stadium.

View the full article

#2 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

The cape was from Ellen...I can't help but think she influenced his decision to streak a second time. Only fair she pay the fine. Just my opinion.

#3 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

Crime is crime, and I'm not very tolerant of any, but this is ridiculous. Ok, a fine and community service, but a lifetime ban at both parks, and jail?! I've seen drunk drivers get treated better. I guess it's the, "I'll use you as an example" thing.

#4 jravens13

jravens13

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

Was it stupid? Yes, you should know what you are getting into when you go streaking. But to say he diverses to serve jail time is a bit much. I think that the main reason why he got any time was due to the fact that he already did it in Camden Yards.

Edited by Grapple Raven, 19 December 2012 - 08:16 PM.
Political commentary removed

#5 Joe Flacco is #1

Joe Flacco is #1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

He got jail time from that? but hitting a player and giving him a concussion is a fine. I think we got our priorities wrong.

#6 Ravenmatic

Ravenmatic

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

Because of our 3 game losing streak, we get article's like these... c'mon

#7 JoeyFlex5

JoeyFlex5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

@ravenmatic its "the caw" we have one every weekday and its a not-so-serious article about lighter issues

#8 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,265 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

Oh, my god... Those poor kids who were present... they saw a pair of black underpants... and a bare chest!!! Ah, the horror...

bio

#9 TheBigPurpleBird

TheBigPurpleBird

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

He got jail time from that? but hitting a player and giving him a concussion is a fine. I think we got our priorities wrong.

There are upwards of 60k of people at a football game, now this is one person that was running out there with no ill will, but imagine if a person of not right mind did that and went after a player because they didn't like him for (pick a reason), that covers the player safety aspect, but it goes further, as it takes security away from their posts to chase this guy, opening a window of opportunity for something bad to happen while they are occupied. Finally, 1 guy out of 60k, imagine 2 people, or 10 people or 100 or 1000, do you see the point? This can't happen, no matter what the cause!

#10 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,977 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

We now get a warning every home game since then, it's wrong and I think this is more of a public service-- don't do this then anything else.
68f2a8.jpg

#11 EricH

EricH

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

Personally, I laughed my butt off when he ran out on the field. It just added to a perfect night at M&T!

Edited by Grapple Raven, 19 December 2012 - 08:14 PM.
Profanity

#12 Grapple Raven

Grapple Raven

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

No matter which side of this story you may fall on whether trite or serious, right or wrong, just or unjust...it IS a story about a person that learned a life lesson... bottom line, no more no less.

Keep the discussion on topic and civil please!

23jjplx.jpg

#13 drillem

drillem

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

I'm glad he didn't get serious jail time although I think it may be possible he may need some psychiatric help. We have all been witness to the actions of psycho behavior over the last week where no one recognized the need for help in time. This guy could be dangerous. Can you imagine the mindset that yearns for attentions so badly that they would consider doing the underwear thing in a large public venue? No way to tell what this guy may be capable of down the road. I know it seems light-hearted but it could turn ugly and out of control later on. Get this guy some court ordered counseling to find out whether there is any proclivity towards more dangerous stuff.

#14 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,878 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

Oh, my god... Those poor kids who were present... they saw a pair of black underpants... and a bare chest!!! Ah, the horror...

bio

Good point, I am sure no one was actually traumatized by this. Anyone at the Orioles game when the young man climbed the foul pole and was doing handstands off the top of it? It was one of the craziest things I ever saw. The game was suspended for a long time until he finally got tired and climbed down. I wonder what ever happened to him?

#15 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

Hm...

A guy in a cape, underwear and a positive anti-bullying message painted on his body gets jail time...

Funny world we live in. Kudos to Ellen for paying the fine, and kudos to him for spreading a positive message.

~ Cosmic

Edited by Grapple Raven, 19 December 2012 - 09:28 PM.
Political commentary removed

WE RAISE OUR HEAVY GLASS TO YOU IN OUR INDESTRUCTIBLE DAYS
login.png
MAY HEAVENS CALL TO YOU, MAY STARS ALIGN AND LIGHT YOUR WAY

#16 thunderroach

thunderroach

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

Cosmic you hit it right! Did he disrupt the rich owners tea and krumpets!It was the most excitment all year at A Raven game!

#17 DavidJGuyton

DavidJGuyton

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

annnnnnd you put his picture on the Ravens website? Way to deter similar events in the future.

#18 smiley4660

smiley4660

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

Why post that clown's picture on this site? Who cares if he has an anti-bullying message. What a great way to promote further knuckleheads into doing these kinds of things! Stupid.

#19 missing person

missing person

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

People have no sense of humor...its just something funny, no threat to anyone. Must suck to be a bitter person who cant laugh. Did worse than that at college.

#20 Legendary Ravens

Legendary Ravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

The Message was cool but it is not Wise to get put in jail naked around hard criminals. JAIL is not cool for 1 minute...it's not cool people

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users